Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annihilation Stars Guide by CoachJPop

Hello WD community,

I am a long time lurker so this is the first topic I'm making. Hopefully you enjoy it and find it helpful!

As the title implies; this is a guide on how to obtain annihilation on the bases during the Mini Assault Event. First and foremost, I am aware there are couple of topics already made about the same thing. The difference between those and this is that I will also be providing video guide to each base alongside just giving the name of dragons used. I have only started working on this project yesterday, between streaming and IRL stuff I haven't had much spare time.

As this event is coming to a finish; I am only providing guides for the first 13 bases. During the next event I will continue where I left off and will constantly edit this topic with the guides for the bases I complete. I am 99% sure that I won't skip any bases. Obviously, as I am only level 127 there will be limit cap on what bases I will be able to show annihilation but my estimate is that I will be able to provide the community with the guides up until level 235. (Not accounting for the levels and dragons that I will gain during the following Fortification and Breeding event.)

All of my dragons are expert; so you can use this guide more freely because it doesn't have level requirements on the dragons I use. I would like to imply that I am missing a 4% hunter damage research in green tier (70 Green Eggs); so if you do have that research you might want to double check the Attack Power of the dragons I used and how they relate to yours.

Lets start this!

Level 13 - Titan - 1.6k defense power

Dragon:
    Expert Frigg (Defense Boost / Cannon Resist) - 408 attack power

Video:

Level 16 - Deathclaw - 2.1k defense power

Dragon:
    Expert Hext (Ballista Resist) - 468 attack power

Video:

Level 19 - Laria - 3.2k defense power

Dragon:
    Expert Hext (Attack Boost / Defense Boost / Cannon Resist) - 790 attack power

Video:

Level 22 - Thorn - 9.9k defense power

Dragons:
    Expert Trollis (Storm Resist) - 807 attack power
    Expert Jura (No boosts) - 1.6k attack power

Video:

Level 25 - Slender - 12.3k defense power

Dragons:
    Expert Kobahl (Ballista Resist) - 1.5k attack power
    Expert Trollis (Attack Boost / Ballista Resist) - 1.1 attack power

Video:

Level 28 - Orin - 18.1k defense power

Dragon:
    Expert Kobahl (Attack Boost / Defense Boost / Cannon Resist) - 2.5k attack power

Video:

Level 32 - Xander - 28.2k defense power

Dragons:
    Expert Jura (Explosive Shield) - 1.6k attack power
    Expert Dactyl (Freeze) - 5.1k attack power

Video:

Level 36 - Arden - 33.3k defense power

Dragons:
    Expert Kromon (Freeze) - 1.5k attack power
    Expert Dactyl (Defense Boost / Cannon Resist) - 6.6k attack power

Video:

Level 40 - Celia - 49.8k defense power

Dragons:
    Expert Viscus (Storm Resist) - 8.7k attack power
    Expert Kromon (Attack Boost / Freeze) - 2k attack power
    Expert Jura (No boosts) - 1.6k attack power

Video:

Level 44 - Spiculus - 53.2k defense power

Dragons:
    Expert Viscus (Storm Resist) - 8.7k attack power
    Expert Kromon (Attack Boost / Freeze) - 2k attack power
    Expert Jura (Attack Boost / Fireball) - 2.1k attack power

Video:

Level 49 - Titan - 68.5k defense power

Dragons:
    Expert Viscus (Attack Boost / Invincibility Shield) - 11.3k attack power
    Expert Dactyl (Cannon Resist) - 5.1k attack power

Video:

Level 54 - Deathclaw - 115k defense power

Dragons:
    Expert Viscus (Archer Resist) - 8.7k attack power
    Expert Kobahl (Attack Boost / Defense Boost / Cloak) - 2.5k attack power
    Expert Lucius (Invincibility Shield) - 16.6k attack power

Video:

Level 59 - Laria - 132k defense power

Dragons:
    Expert Viscus (Havok) - 8.7k attack power
    Expert Kromon (Attack Boost / Defense Boost / Storm Resist) - 2.5k attack power
    Expert Lucius (Defense Boost / Archer Resist) - 21.6k attack power

Video:

Hopefully you found this helpful; if not, I'm sorry. If you did enjoy it, please tune in to one of my streams @ www.twitch.tv/coachjpop (daily giveaways) and also subscribe to my YouTube channel.

Coach
    Last edited by CoachJPop; 1 week ago.

Yay. Spoon feeding players information so they can beat us in events. Yay.
    /sarcasm

I like the intent of this thread but hate it at the same time. I love sharing knowledge, but giving people a bible on how to beat bases is not going to teach people how to fly, and its going to lower the rewards for skilled flyers by diluting the skilled population.

I hate to be a debby downer on this but I hate the premise of letting people copy exactly what you have done (and done well). I have done similar and shared with my teammates who were struggling as well, don't get my wrong. But I am still on the fence about that as well. Yes partially hypocritical, you can definitely fault me on this, however i also hate spoon feeding players and holding their hands through an entire event. What i ended up doing was giving the first 2 or 3 dragon setups for the event and letting people figure out their other own combinations since half the "fun" of the event is strategizing which dragons to use and which dragons work well together.

Take from it what you will

~Mech

Comment

• Echo
      Echo commented
      Editing a comment
      So you're saying you want me to change the bases every time, so that the strategy changes?

• Mechengg
      Mechengg commented
      Editing a comment
      @Echo

It certainly would promote game discussions in team chats and would give us a variety of bases to hit. Because once people know how to defeat each base this is going to become repetitive and not very interesting. It will once again become a grind event so if bases could change it would keep everything fresh

I'm not sure if that is feasible or if changing out a handful every iteration is the way to go, completely up to you guys, but you are nailing down the format, prize strategy and competition fairly well now. See my other post for my one mention of feedback: http://wardragons.pocketgems.com/for...043#post146043

• FangTheWise
      FangTheWise commented
      Editing a comment
      Echo ya, it'd be nice if the base design was different for each player per event. then guides like this would have to become more general...like the basics, leave a farm or tower locked down to build rage, use the right boost for the job, etc...

Originally posted by Echo View Post
    So you're saying you want me to change the bases every time, so that the strategy changes?
    Honestly, I would say yes.

why run the same exact base setups every time? After a point, it becomes less skill and more about copying.

What I mean is, if the bases are the same the next time, players will just copy what they used(or someone else used) the previous time. There's no strategy in figuring out what combo works, what spells to use, how to boost because all these things will be already drawn out from the previous run of the event.

Comment

To be honest... I guess that he intended to get information instead of give as it looks...

Its very easy at start with some havoc dragon, or just put a canonresist where its need, or similar helpful spells...

The real issue starts in the middle bases where i guess many player arent able to take them off with the dragon they had...
      I for example hadnt much time, but this middle side took longer then the upper or the first steps...

I think people should learn flying instead of just copying some playstyle.... at least people have different research and runes on them too... and not all have from many spells enough...
      I bought much with rubins just for fun !
      For myself i was at first time worse then i am now... probably prepared a bit more

Echo
      As you see not all who had 50 kills got that mythic rune.... Maybe you can work for that others get a mythic one after getting a perfect game.
      At least the world is round , and while the ones started and played 5-6 hours, the others just woke up and went to business.... and just have same time lately.

I think that effort should give out more then the pointline...
      So please try to improve skill line a bit higher.

Comment

• DracolichKing
        DracolichKing commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree with EmrahT. The hardest part are those middle lvl bases.
        To me, I get max/near-max points for nearly all bases <= lvl49 and lvl160~lvl335 (the last 5 bases are out of my reach)
        I think the reasons are:
        (1) Hunters lack enough fire power in that range?
        (2) I don't have any good divines in orange, green and gold tier?
        So maybe bring some old divines back? Just a naive thinking from a bad flyer.. sry~

I understand what you mean Mechengg. But isn't that the case with all the guides that are out there? Breeding guides, event guides, building guides? I would personally love if they would change bases every event. I only noticed they were the same once I got to the 200+ bases... I am trying to help out people that are free players and don't have energy to waste to get the annihilation if they choose to. By the looks of it this game is shifting to only be friendly to paying customers; mind as well help the people get the most out of it with what they can scrap up.

EmrahT To be honest... You're totally wrong, I do not look for information and I do not use or copy anything I use in the guides I made. Yes, low levels are easier; as I stated in my first post, I only started doing these yesterday evening; I am sorry I do not have more energy and spells to make more at this point but I assure you there will be more guides during the next assault event.

In general, and this is my deepest thought; this game has no skill line in events. The more money you spend the more points you will get. Assault event is the only event that requires some skill, and that skill is only for a portion of the event (Annihilation rank). So as a free player I'm sickened by the changes made to the recent PvP event where non-spenders cant do jacks**t even if they, as myself, spend a lot of time playing and trying to offset that. But back to the purpose of this thread; give the players and people that need help option to do good in the event if they do not wish to spend hundreds of dollars to get decent rewards.

Comment

• EmrahT
        EmrahT commented
        Editing a comment
        I hadnt spend and just used some rubies which i safed from last event. At least everyone can buy for 500 rubies 10, or 900 20 shields or invert....
        The only thing what is need to get some good prizes is 200-300 energy... so 39 packs ... which i safed from past too ... as many longer player will do too...

As i said , people who dont spend can easily get enough of that points as you showed aswell... and many did before too...
        It is just the meaning and tactic people need to understand... Beside that, a unexperienced bad flyer is still one...
        In my opinion its you who are wrong by wanting share every flied of some bases so "theeese poor people" get it easily... and i said aswell your intention is to see that too... and i dont believe people just people who spend are that good...

A normal player as me who just play and safe over month.... i was at near zero resists and boosts and healpotions last month too... can safe enough stuff and get good points...
        Last edited by EmrahT; 2 weeks ago.

CoachJPop Glad you stopped lurking. Very nice to see what you did, and compare to how I did it differently etc.

I think the videos, if people copy them exactly, actually DOES teach them to learn to fly.

E.g. if you take one of the first bases, and you couldn't defeat it before this, means you don't know how to shoot multiple towers at once, and means you don't know how to interact with towers you had a resist to. So new players will look at your videos and learn.

I reckon well done

(PS I'm all for changing the bases on each iteration, makes things interesting, I also think energy should not be involved in this event...)
      Last edited by gox1201; 2 weeks ago.

Comment

• CoachJPop
        CoachJPop commented
        Editing a comment
        I appreciate it gox1201! I think it will benefit more people then the amount of people that it will hurt. I also totally agree on the teaching point; it can be used as a reference on much bigger scale then just a NPC base by teaching mechanics and prioritization.

Awesone guide OP. Surprised to see Mr Positive a.k.a Mechengg not wanting to share the love!

Comment

• gaza8143
        gaza8143 commented
        Editing a comment
        @Mechenegg fair points, personally Im too lazy to even aim for Total Anhialations, I just rolled everything with Kin

• odie1993
        odie1993 commented
        Editing a comment
        Mechengg That is not me. I have no time to be a youtuber. As for a problem with you, yes and no. Personally, no. But yes because you seem to attack any idea from the player base that did not come from Rulith. Usually with saying something along the lines of "sorry but we already came up with a better idea. here is the link." Sorry but Rulith is not the end all be all of good/great ideas to improve this game.

I am for any help to the player base for any event that helps to screw over PG, because we all know they are doing everything they can to screw over the player base.

• Mechengg
        Mechengg commented
        Editing a comment
        If people would put more than 20 seconds of their day towards thinking of "new ideas" perhaps i wouldn't have to shoot so many down; just saying.

And the people who do lay out a plan that is well derived i definitely give credit to. If i see any tweaks or pitfalls in a plan which is overall well put together i include my thoughts on how these one or two items could be offered up slightly differently so that it isn't seen as a major problem to PG who is reading it. The goal is to collaborate and get the idea in PG's minds without them saying NO right away.

I also link whatever threads i have put my previous thoughts in simply because most of the members join, read 0 threads, and post their "new ideas". These ideas have typically been discussed before so in the interest of information they should be able to see other threads of the same nature and what people had to say about the topic. Is that a bad idea? If so why?

just what we need...more spam.

Comment

I agree with Mechengg. You have done a great job of making the guide but I fundamentally disagree with spoon-feeding walkthroughs to people in this type of event. By all means give them a few pointers on the first couple of bases so they understand the theory behind it (equipping spells, percentage requirement to annihilate etc) but let them use their brain and skill to figure it out. You didn't learn at school by mindlessly copying peoples' homework, right?

Hopefully the bases are changed with each iteration of this assault event.

Comment

Really well dont, but most people go for the hunter research so possibly not correct.

Comment

• CoachJPop
            CoachJPop commented
            Editing a comment
            That's true, I am a sorcerer flyer so I don't have it

Coach...

Don't let the naysayers get you down. With all the challenges/issues this game presents it's nice to see someone do something positive. I totally disagree that your guide won't teach people how to fly either. I've asked players that have x dragon to show me how they fly it so I can learn the nuances of the spells, strategy, etc. Your guide will certainly open some eyes for low - mid level players.

Glad you came out from behind the trees to help the community.

Comment

• CoachJPop
            CoachJPop commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for the kind comment I guess that's a rarity here lol... Yeah, no worries, I am sure that it will benefit more people then the number of people it will "hurt". I am excited for the next release so I can do more bases.

I appreciate your post CoachJPop, I shared your post on my teams Line chat, as we have a few really new players on the team.
          Thank you for taking the time to make such a great explanation of the game mechanics of this event 🤗

Comment

• CoachJPop
            CoachJPop commented
            Editing a comment
            You're welcome my friend, Can't wait for the next Assault event.
        Working...
        X