Runic Chest Pulls -- August 4 Edition

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MrJonesy this is the ones I have:

​​​​​​ ​​​​​​​ ​​​​​​​ ​​​​​​​ ​​​​​​​ ​​​​​​​ ​​​​​​​ ​​​​​​​ ​​​​​​​ ​​​​​ ​​​​​​​ ​​​​​​​ ​​​​​​​ Click image for larger version

Name:	MythicFTStriker.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	145374Click image for larger version

Name:	EpicFTStriker.PNG
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	145375Click image for larger version

Name:	EpicFTFrenzy.PNG
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	145379Click image for larger version

Name:	MythicITStriker.PNG
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	145378Click image for larger version

Name:	EpicITStriker.PNG
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	145376Click image for larger version

Name:	EpicITFrenzy.PNG
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	145377 ​​​​​​​ ​​​​​​​

Comment

• odie1993
      odie1993 commented
      Editing a comment
      Sucker

• MrJonesy
      MrJonesy commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for posting these gox. Don't let the haters get you down. If I was in a really competitive league, these would definitely play a role in base defense. Thanks again.

still an enormous waste of rubies, 8k rubies for MAX 1 good rune, cause the rest you get is garbage. i bought 10 chests the first time for 10k rubies, cause surely when they make it such a high price they thought about it and will get you some decent runes... i couldnt have been more wrong lol. now i see those i can confirm ill never buy chests like these again, and imo players who paid the 10k the first time should be compensated with 10 new chests, cause those of us who bought those were basically screwed over. but ofc that will never happen either.
    so i strongly advice against spending rubies on these chests, better off spending it on bronze chests if you wanna get rid of your rubies

Comment

• MrJonesy
      MrJonesy commented
      Editing a comment
      I too was suckered into buying them last week, when the legendary drops were dust. I never did get any feedback from the ticket I submitted, with screenshots showing how hard I got screwed. Not a single rune above Epic...... so yeah, they could drop the price to 2k rubies for 10 and I still don't think I would buy any, cause I honestly think I am owed at least another free 10 Runic chests to compensate for those that had crap in them.

• AaronNewb
      AaronNewb commented
      Editing a comment
      i tried to tell support that players who bought the 10 chests for 10k deserve a do-over, since we basically were guinea pigs while being tested on, but they tell me that would be unfair to other players. which makes no sense at all to me

• Hieronymus
      Hieronymus commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm in the same sad position. I thought that surely for 10K I'd get a couple of decent runes, or maybe even 1 really good rune out of the deal. Joke's on me. Nothing above epic, both the base runes and dragon runes were not useful, and two 50kdust. /facepalm

Then later, unrelated, to add insult to injury: I opened a free silver chest and got a Legendary... poison striker. /facepalm again

PGJared can I ask why storm striker runes always seem to be included in the legendary options, for that matter why do they still exist? Its been proven that storm supershots dont deal any damage. Why are we getting runes that multiply zero?

Also thank you very much for again posting a sample grouping of what we can expect. Very appreciated.
    Last edited by Owlrager; 1 week ago.
    _____________🗡🐥🔪_____________

Comment

• Lutrus
      Lutrus commented
      Editing a comment
      To add to this, ice turrets also do 0 damage when they're shielding other towers, so what does increasing supershot damage do for ice turrets? Make their shields stronger?

• AaronNewb
      AaronNewb commented
      Editing a comment
      been checking my replays to confirm, and ice turret shield actually does do damage when the shield activates, but its so little that its not worth adding a rune to it

I'm over-flowing with worthless runes. The runes that are useful to the entire WD comminity are rage, ammo, and lightning resist, yet these are virtually nowhere to be found. There are so many new dragons flooding the game and the runes available to these dragons are almost impossible to come by without dropping a ton of money and getting extremely lucky. I open quite a few chests, and to date, I've yet to see an Ammo rune.

I do appreciate the transparency by PGJared with these runic chests. 8000 is still way too much for what you are "likely" to get versus what you "could" get but nice to see him laying it out there. Agree with someone above that it would be nice to see this during other events so we can see what we are really getting for our money.

Comment

The only runes that have ever been usefull in this game:
      1: Rage: BUT ONLY if you stack them up to around 20%
      2: Lightning tower: you can stack easily along with research to make these towers ultra deadly

That is basicaly it, notables are: explosive shield: good for low level players, wisdom: can help u fast lvl but its not adding power level, Invert used to be good but now to many non projectile towers. Resit runes need a lot higher numbers to be relevant.

Conclusion is these are worthless items just keep your eye out for rage ones, nothing else makes any difference.
      i wish i could mail PG all the epic evasion runes i have opened....
      Last edited by Chromat1; 1 week ago.

Comment

Working...
      X