Runic Chest Pulls -- August 4 Edition

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Runic Chest Pulls -- August 4 Edition

Here is my first set of 10x 10-pulls, and the bonus chests associated with them. (For 100% transparency's sake I did have some leftover silver chest meter so I burned a few chests to get me back to zero.)

I missed a defend for y'all.

Comment

Comment

PGJared thanks for posting these!

Are the new Ice and Fire Turret runes ONLY available in the Runic chests, or will they be coming to silver chests once the Runic chests go away? Still a little overpriced imho.

Also, any chance we can get some stats on the Fire/Ice runes?

Comment

PGJared You're still not helping your cause. Even though the cost is reduced from last time (10k rubies to 8k) they still aren't worth it. Why should we have to pay for any runes that are new? Shouldn't they just be added to the regular game? I have almost 400 silver rune chests that I can't be bothered to open, almost 1000 in my rune vault and 60M dust. You haven't released any new runes since gold tier dragons...now you want to rake everyone over the coals for them. No thanks.

Comment

• NoCover
            NoCover commented
            Editing a comment
            What's really the problem, Lx460? You still upset your team fell to Sapphire this week, and want to vent out all your frustrations on the forums now? lol. Personally, I appreciate Jared for the transparency, keeping in mind he doesn't call all the shots at PG.

• NDMOOSE
            NDMOOSE commented
            Editing a comment
            NoCover :Seriously! I think LXs' points are quite valid...

• laserlight
            laserlight commented
            Editing a comment
            NoCover, nice flamebait...

Jared, did you spend your own money on these? That's $300 worth of rubies...

It's a lot easier to justify when it's not your money. Just saying.

Comment

I'm not justifying anything, simply providing information. Nowhere am I urging you to make a purchase. The same as the last time I did this, I'm showing a sample of what I pulled, and letting players come to their own conclusions and provide feedback. Any other motive is simply in your own head.

Comment

That doesn't answer any of the concerns I've raised.

Comment

Why aren't these in regular silver chests? Wouldn't that make more sense? In my head, or otherwise, the motive seems very clear.

Comment

• EmrahT
                  EmrahT commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Probably the chance to get them from regular silverchests would be very rare. so there is a difference in price, thats how they offer them.
                  And i guess the mythic ones arent planned to be in normal ones.

PGJared

Thank you for examples. This time they are much better then last time. No legend dust anymore.

In a different topic a person, i guess TheRedDelilah asked if you could take out the runes which are very often overall and useless... Like production, evasion....

Are you planing soon to look over that, luckiely i see no poison bases rune as i got today in a silverchest , so it looks very much better then before. Thank you for that.
                I guess people would try after seeing this more to get some example of a mythic rune or gylph

Comment

I wish the contents of gold chests during fortification could be released like this so I could avoid fooling myself and not opening any gold chests at all, ever.

the only runes worth having are rage, Ammo and arguably healing mark. Base runes are pointless in the face of the new dragons (Disclaimer: not requesting a nerf). I honestly could say I would only be tempted by these chests at the 8k cost if it was a guarantee mythic rage or legendary ammo drop.

Comment

Originally posted by EmrahT View Post
                    PGJared

Thank you for examples. This time they are much better then last time. No legend dust anymore.

In a different topic a person, i guess TheRedDelilah asked if you could take out the runes which are very often overall and useless... Like production, evasion....

Are you planing soon to look over that, luckiely i see no poison bases rune as i got today in a silverchest , so it looks very much better then before. Thank you for that.
                    I guess people would try after seeing this more to get some example of a mythic rune or gylph
                    So, yeah. We're definitely going to keep looking at this and making adjustments. We might swap out the legendary / mythic drops from event to event, remove runes, add new ones in, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by MrJonesy View Post
                      PGJared thanks for posting these!

Are the new Ice and Fire Turret runes ONLY available in the Runic chests, or will they be coming to silver chests once the Runic chests go away? Still a little overpriced imho.

Also, any chance we can get some stats on the Fire/Ice runes?
                      PGJared Guess you missed this one.

And it is nice to see no dust in the chests 👍

Comment

• PGJared
                        PGJared commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Oh, snap, I did miss that one. Sorry!

1) I honestly don't know. I'll consult with the team.
                        2) I don't have access to that right now, but I'll see what I can do.

• MrJonesy
                        MrJonesy commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thanks, would be nice to know when they are being added to the regular silver chests. I suspect there will be a waiting period, but then again, the legendary drops in regular silver chests are so rare, releasing them directly to silver chests shouldn't hurt the Runic chests value at all. Thanks.

PGJared

Thanks for posting. I'll give a bit more feedback later, but for now I have a question.

The new ice turret runes have "increase supershot damage" on them.

Would you please check what this actually does? Ice turret supershot is a shield. If it increases the strength of the shield it should probably say so. Also I see no way to verify if they actually function as text says.

Thanks again

Comment

• PGJared
                        PGJared commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Could you submit a ticket asking me about that? I'm happy to look into it, but it's the weekend and I'm worried between now and Monday I'll forget.

• gox1201
                        gox1201 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        PGJared Any news about the runes? I know you've been away and busy, and I'm pretty sure my help ticket has probably gotten lost amongst thousands.

I got a low level tech support reply that it works "just like runes for storm towers", which for a fact does nothing, so hoping for a better answer.

The runes with + damage to blue mage/red mage supershot is similar - aka does nothing

lol. Legendary evasion. Just give us the rune shards.

Comment

• Kittens
                        Kittens commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Legendary Kill Drude
                    Working...
                    X