Announcement

Collapse

New Forums are now up!

Greetings Dragon Lords! Please visit our new forums at http://forums.wardragons.com! We're leaving this old forum up for a period of time to allow players to migrate over any important posts, but will eventually close them out. Please note that you will need to log in using your PocketID over on the new forum. You can also access them through the game by tapping on Settings > Forums!
See more
See less

Attacking a minute before

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We told our team they are not permitted to start a war attack early. Only one person was doing this, anyway. He stated he was cheating by starting early. LOL. That's when I looked here to see if there was a policy. I am still not clear if PG wants to stop this, I don't read every day. Though it wasn't described as out and out cheating, it clearly feels unfair to many players. I think leaders and officers should tell their teams not to do this. Of course we are not in a super competitive league and we don't need to use tricks to win wars.
    Last edited by Brigitte25; 08-03-2017, 11:06 AM.

Comment

It's NOT f*cking fair, when you don't get defend credit for it!

Comment

Danmc1xx, it needs to be fixed because it's an exploit. Rewarding attackers without crediting defenders is a bug in the war mechanics. If people want to abuse the bug, they are more than welcome to join the club of people who encourage bug abuse. The "it's fair because everyone can do it" straw man is just old and sad, it doesn't help that one of PG's own employees has used it. Even if pre-war attacks are used regularly in the higher tier leagues, PG has never announced or documented it as a feature of wars. Not every team and leader knows about it or abuses the bug. I'm sure you message every team when you join a new league to make sure they know to use pre-war attacks, in the sake of fairness?

Comment

OmG who cares!
          b cause 1 min pre war attack is possible it is in effect just a part of a war. Stop crying about it.

Comment

• laserlight
            laserlight commented
            Editing a comment
            If you don't care why did you comment? Have you ever complained about airplane mode? It's just a part of war, right?

I shouldn't have. And I apologize for being a snot about it. Your opinions are valid and shouldn't be ridiculed by other readers.
          Lu

Comment

Whether or not you personally think its fair, I dont think you can call it "exploiting a bug". Its how the game is coded, and its not a broken code. Its a tactic (call it a dirty one if you want).
            Yes, because of complaints Pg has agreed to change it, and thats fine by me. Until then, its just part of the game.
            _____________🗡🐥🔪_____________

Comment

• laserlight
              laserlight commented
              Editing a comment
              ...so what about the people using the forge glitch? Is it not an exploit or a bug? lol... Just because that's how the code functions, doesn't mean that was how it was intended to be used. You're basically validating using security exploits then...it's just a dirty tactic.

• Dakhunter
              Dakhunter commented
              Editing a comment
              The prewar attack cant be called "exploit" like the Forge glitch.
              Think about this, have you ever see any country before hitting some other countries, sending out a message to the enemy "hey, we will hit you at this time of the day???" NO ONE EVER DONE THAT IN HISTORY. That's real war tactic.
              A well prepared team should be able to counter the prewar attack by launching another wave at the other team. Duh. When 10-15 waves flying, the bases should be undefended. That's when you scoop in to destroy those bases.
              This was never claimed to be a glitch before so many people whined on forum about this because they can't stop those waves.
              On the other hand, the double Forge glitch is done on purpose on some members to gain some advantages for themselves... Those should be banned.
              So dont group the prewar tactic with the other cheats in game

• laserlight
              laserlight commented
              Editing a comment
              Dakhunter, nice straw man. The question is not do you have to tell your enemy where and when you are attacking. But, can you attack before the declaration of war is officially signed? I look at the warning system as a heads up that a war is imminent and you need to get your team ready to defend. But, you're not officially at a state of war... If you want to be Germany or Japan and say it's okay to use military action before your declaration of war has been signed, good on you.

Your statement is stipulated around "A well prepared team". Not every team is well prepared and arguing that defenders shouldn't receive credit for their participation in pre-war attacks is a biased position to take. My point about the forge glitch was to demonstrate the irony of people calling a tactic fair just because a majority of top teams use it.
              Last edited by laserlight; 08-06-2017, 12:39 AM.

It is an unfair glitch exploit because even if you plan for defending on an early attack, those defends do not cpunt in the war, while the attack does. Ergo, it is a program error being u fairly exploited and should be banned.

Comment

It is an unfair glitch exploit because even if you plan for defending on an early attack, those defends do not count in the war, while the attack does. Ergo, it is a program error being unfairly exploited and should be banned.

Comment

• Danmc1xx
                Danmc1xx commented
                Editing a comment
                Seriously. This is a reason to be banned. You people are insane....

• Dakhunter
                Dakhunter commented
                Editing a comment
                Jeeze. That means most of diamond and top Sapphire teams will be banned based on your logic 🙄. Well done 😂

• GBill
                GBill commented
                Editing a comment
                If Diamond and "Top" Sapphire teams use it then it means they are cheating by using an exploit. Since when did that mean it was OK?

If this is a bug that is on PG's list to fix then the same coding needs to be applied to event attacks. Last minute attacks in tug of war get posted to the next round.

Comment

• laserlight
                laserlight commented
                Editing a comment
                That's a whole different issue. Last minute attacks in wars that end after the expiration time aren't credited either. But, it's in the same vein as the pre-war conversation.

If you have to attack early it's because you cannot win dragon for dragon, base for base. If that is the case, lose like a man and stop looking for ways around it.
              We dont start wars with teams we cannot beat, and if they declare on us, we do our best and we lose.
              not getting defend points when you defend is a MAJOR bug, how can anyone say "who cares get over it"

Comment

I'll repeat what I said in another thread :

I don't know why people say defences of attacks started just before the war starts don't count ? I defended on this kind of attack and it was registered in the war counter. Yes, it was a "green" attack, but because I recognized the team who declared war against us, I joined his attack and defeated the guy. And 1 point in defence was given after this. And yeah, this happened just two days ago.

Next time join the attack if you recognize the team who declared war on you regardless of the banner colour and you'll get your defence point, even if the attack is green but ends after the war starts, so it counts.

Comment

• Mechengg
                  Mechengg commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yeah we did this like 4.5 hours ago and it didn't work. They must have flown super late and registered joining after the war began. We have had that before too with 1 or 2 stragglers taking too long to initiate their flights and giving away points.

• laserlight
                  laserlight commented
                  Editing a comment
                  OldtimerX, Just because the defense score said one after your defense, does not mean you were the one who got credit for it and you don't have proof the attack was initiated before the war started. We have discussed this issue with PG staff several times and I would appreciate if you stopped spreading false information. I have defended against several pre-war attacks this week and only got defense points after the first attacks failed and they tried to re-attack.

laserlight - I'd say that I have no reason to lie about. The attack was 30 seconds before the start.

Comment

• Mechengg
                  Mechengg commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Exactly. That's cutting it too close, if there is any lag in the flight at all defenders joining can extend into the actual start of war time, meaning that they joined while war was under way.

• laserlight
                  laserlight commented
                  Editing a comment
                  OldtimerX, maybe I went too far with my comments. I apologize for that. But, if a war is declared 23 hours before the war start time. Players raiding your team during those 23 hours don't have their attacks count toward defense points and that doesn't change in the last 5 minutes of the countdown.

Any updates on this? Has PG said go ahead and do it?
                https://www.topguntg.com/

Comment

Why do always the guys who lose their big base during pre wars cry about pre war attacks? I never found anyone who wins wars that way crying about it? Strange strange ...

Also no base is safe. Diamond and good sapphire teams would beat you anyways if you're that poorly organized.

We defended lots of pre war attacks (green banners) successfully just a matter what you want.

The higher you rank the more you'll learn that defending 24/7 wins wars. And having the right strategy in doing so.

Believe me, those of you crying now will lose the respective wars with or without the pre war tactics. Duh

Comment

• Mrtheplague
                    Mrtheplague commented
                    Editing a comment
                    While i normally find your information useful, this bit is useless.

• Dakhunter
                    Dakhunter commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Totally agree Warlord. Prewar attacks can be stopped and counterred easily. But it seems complaints are coming from losing teams. Just try to organize more in war and you could do the same thing too.

And honestly Warlord if its no big deal, then thats all PG needs to say. "Go ahead, we approve" but they wont, they are evasive about it. why?
                  https://www.topguntg.com/

Comment

Working...
                  X