Announcement

Collapse

New Forums are now up!

Greetings Dragon Lords! Please visit our new forums at http://forums.wardragons.com! We're leaving this old forum up for a period of time to allow players to migrate over any important posts, but will eventually close them out. Please note that you will need to log in using your PocketID over on the new forum. You can also access them through the game by tapping on Settings > Forums!
See more
See less

Attacking a minute before

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attacking a minute before

I thought the new update was supposed to stop the attacks a minute before? We just had a team do it. 11 attacks and we were only able to defend 4 times.

Echo CampusLifer PGJared EggToken

Comment

It wasn't that they would stop the attacks, but that the attacks wouldn't count in the war. Did they?

Comment

Yep, they sure did!

Comment

Did your defends count?

Comment

No they did not.

Comment

Hi

Yes, this was intended to be in this update. As I mentioned in the threads on the subject, it's a really tricky thing to touch that code and was pretty dangerous to cause bigger problems. Unfortunately, that's what happened. Remember when 3.40 first was released and lots of people were posting that war attacks were completely broken and not registering? This change was the cause of the new bug which was causing war attacks to not register. We released a serverside "hotfix" to turn everything off and go back to the old behavior.

Hopefully we can get it working next time

Comment

• gaza8143
                gaza8143 commented
                Editing a comment
                Good to see the team thought ahead and had a fast solution to deploy, that is good planning.

• Kittens
                Kittens commented
                Editing a comment
                thumbs up for backup plans!

CampusLifer sorry I didn´t follow Forums in several days.
              In simple words: Update didn´t fix pre-war attacks so they still count?

Comment

Yes. Unfortunately the fix didn't work.

Comment

It appears that the new norm is to declafe a war one minute before start time. Talk about poor gamesmanship! There should be a window of at least two hours before a war can be declared and that attacks/defenses cannot start until actual start time.

Comment

• Dakhunter
                    Dakhunter commented
                    Editing a comment
                    This is very common in war. It's call strategy. You can ambush the enemy and then sneak attack them. There's nothing wrong with it. And its not a cheat like the airplane mode cheat.

• Ar3s
                    Ar3s commented
                    Editing a comment
                    new norm???? it is evident that either you are new to the game, never been at war start or hardly declare any wars.

CampusLifer can they put a switch in the code to disable the view button on wars till war is active? Then you dont have to worry about pre-war attacks because you cant get to it to begin with.

Comment

• Mechengg
                    Mechengg commented
                    Editing a comment
                    This won't help. We fly directly from the league member window since we declare just seconds before we fly. The attacks don't have to be initiated through the war window to count, any attack counts whether it's from matchmaking, bookmarks, team search etc.

• wardragonslayne
                    wardragonslayne commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Possibly the most uninformed post regarding wars ever.. well done LordZion

• LordZion
                    LordZion commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Well hell. I apologize. I tried to attack via roster before and it didnt count. But ive been around a while. Maybe I missed something. But if this is the case then why cant we push the attacks to only be initiated through the war menu itself thereby allowing it to be locked down as stated above? Personally I dont have an issue with the minutes before but if its this bad of an issue then seems this would be a good bandaid.

That's just wrong.

Comment

Of all the things to be upset about, I can't believe that this is an issue. I almost want to laugh... almost.

Comment

• MikeGoN2GetU
                      MikeGoN2GetU commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I laughed a little...

• Warchant
                      Warchant commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Agree 100%

• Ar3s
                      Ar3s commented
                      Editing a comment
                      i pee'd a little

We occassionally do the 1 minute attack. As it's a strategy to help. Especially when we get declared on...I really don't understand why this needs to be fixed. As stated above it's an ambush attack. The other team is fully capable of doing this too.. I just feel that so many resources are being wasted to try and "fix" something that isn't broken. It adds excitement to war. And an extra element Why is it so hard to organize your team to do it?? The best team wins in war. This isn't "trading blows". It's strategy. No strategy. You lose .... I guess war could go back to the 1700s where they traded volleys of muskets... but ummm yeah that was kinda stupid wasn't it???

Comment

• DirtBanga
                      DirtBanga commented
                      Editing a comment
                      You can ambush attack any time during a war. Of course it is a bug that you can do a war attack when the bloody war hasn't even started.

• Marvin Lamb
                      Marvin Lamb commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Does not matter when the attack starts, only that it finishes within the window of the war time. Seems a solid strategy for teams to employ. And since you know its possible, you make sure you team is on and prepared to defend attacks for that 2 minute window before the war, right? Wait, not right, well i guess your team might need a new defensive strategy.
                      Last edited by Marvin Lamb; 09-08-2017, 02:08 AM.

Omg. U can do it. Just accept it as part of war. Stop thinking of it as a bug. It's now part of the game.... holy crap. What is the difference. Both teams can do it. So it's FAIR!!!! Just think of war 24 hours and 1 minute. We shall refer to it as the "golden minute". Set an alarm. Be there and atk.

Comment

• DirtBanga
                      DirtBanga commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Nope - PG already admitted the bug and plans to fix it. Don't worry, I am exploiting it to my teams advantage already, I don't need that encouragement. Doesn't mean I agree with it.
                  Working...
                  X