Announcement

Collapse

War Dragons Forum Migration Soon!

Greetings Dragon Lords! Over the last few months we've done lots of work behind the scenes redesigning the forum and will be migrating over to our new forum software in the coming weeks. During this migration, the forums will be set to "read-only" and posting will be disabled. We expect the actual migration to take between 24-48 hours. Please watch for additional Announcements soon with more details!
See more
See less

Red's Advice on Season Planning

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red's Advice on Season Planning

Hello Dragon Community,

I thought I would share a bit of advice (take it or leave it) regarding Dragon Seasons. I see a lot of players doing some odd things or asking questions because they don't really know what to do. In the spirit of trying to help, I wanted to write up the advice I give my team and friends. Again, this is my opinion and I'm not saying it's the right way or wrong way.

For each season, there are a few key points we must keep in mind:
    • There are three "main" dragons each season - one warrior, one hunter, and one sorcerer. Two are released at the start of the season, the last is revealed later on. This late release dragon changes types each season.
    • There is one final mythic dragon each season. In order to get this dragon, you must complete the three main dragons (all stones) and then claim the final dragon's stones. Usually this dragon has an extra evolution stone (ex. Summer Mythic has Obsidian stone).
    • There is one bonus dragon that is 50% for the first two weeks of the season. After the cut off date, the dragon becomes bull price just like the main dragons.

Knowing these key points, we have to remember that there are many different goals and play styles across the game. Heck, a lot of us may even play each season differently depending on our time and desire to obtain the dragons. Thus, I have split my advice into different play styles. Please remember that I am not saying one of these is the best way to play in any way. I am simply trying to help.
    Love Red,

Leader of Rulith
    Lover of Spreadsheets

Helpful Threads:
    How to Build YOUR Ultimate Breeding Path
    Red's Breeding Paths: Sapphire to Emerald

Rulith's Website:
    All Breeding Paths
    Red's Guide to Flying Hunters
    Dragon's, etc.

Social:
    Twitter - @TheRedDelilah
    Twitch

"I want to get the final mythic dragon, and I recognize that I will have to spend to achieve this."
    -----
    • Bank XP
      • Since you will obtain each dragon, claim along one branch until you obtain the dragon. At this point, move onto the second branch until you obtain the dragon. The reason for this is so that you can start banking XP on these dragons for the entirety of the season. Since the season dragons have the ability to be the highest current tier (Emerald currently for Summer Season, and Mythic this season too), they will likely be among most powerful dragons on your roster and thus worth leveling up.
    • Save and spend for Token Prize
      • Once you've claimed both dragons, save enough sigils (approx. 4k) to claim the +100% token prize on the third dragon's bonus branch as fast as possible. Once you have these sigils saved, continue to use excess sigils to claim prizes as you go.
    • From here, it really depends if you want the final mythic fast (spending more) or want to play the strategical long game and use every sigil well.

Player in Sapphire Dragons+ "I will complete two lines this season, but will likely have a few leftover sigils. I may spend, but not enough to get the mythic."
    -----
    • Wait for all Dragons to be revealed
      • I would recommend you save your sigils until the final dragon is released, simply because PG may change some things on the existing dragon.
      • If you're chill and don't mind if a dragon is changed a bit in the early stages of the season OR once the the changes have been made - pick one of the two released mainline dragons and and claim along the branch until you obtain the dragon.
    • Save and spend for Token Prize
      • Once you've claimed the first dragon, save enough sigils (approx. 4k) to claim the +100% token prize on the third dragon's bonus branch as fast as possible. Once you have these sigils saved, continue to use excess sigils to claim prizes along your first dragon line.
      • When the third dragon is released, claim the +100% token prize.
    • Choose another dragon and bank XP
      • Ask around what dragon higher level, good fliers are liking after the third is released, and make your decision on what dragon will be your second dragon. Claim that branch up to the dragon itself so you can start banking XP on that dragon.
    • Claim prizes along the original dragon branch until you finish, then move to the second branch.

Player in Sapphire Dragons+ "I will be able to barely complete two lines this season. I may spend a bit or I am exceptionally active."
    -----
    • Wait for all Dragons to be revealed
      • I would recommend you save your sigils until the final dragon is released, simply because PG may change some things on the existing dragon.
      • If you're chill and don't mind if a dragon is changed a bit in the early stages of the season OR once the the changes have been made - pick one of the two released mainline dragons and and claim along the branch until you obtain the dragon.
    • Bank XP
      • Claim along the branch until you get the dragon itself so you can start banking XP.
    • OPTIONAL: Save and spend for Token Prize
      • Once you've claimed the first dragon, save enough sigils (approx. 4k) to claim the +100% token prize on the third dragon's bonus branch as fast as possible. Once you have these sigils saved, continue to use excess sigils to claim prizes along your first dragon line. I strongly suggest everyone do this, but I realize some people may want the dragon stones over the extra tokens. When the third dragon is released, claim the +100% token prize.
    • Choose another dragon and bank XP
      • Ask around what dragon higher level, good fliers are liking after the third is released, and make your decision on what dragon will be your second dragon. Claim that branch up to the dragon itself so you can start banking XP on that dragon.
    • Claim prizes in a logical order
      • Claim prizes along the original dragon branch until you are on the second to last stone (e.g. if the last stone is Emerald, stop once you claim Garnet).
      • Start claiming the second branch until you get to the second to last stone.
      • Pick which dragon you like more, and get the final stone on that dragon. Hopefully you have enough sigils to finish the second dragon.

Player in Sapphire Dragons+ "I will be able to complete one dragon this season with plenty of leftover sigils, but maybe not enough to get a second dragon to a useful tier."
    -----

Option 1:
    • Wait for all Dragons to be revealed and make your choice
      • Wait until the third dragon is announced so you can make a well informed decision with all the information at your fingertips. Don't discount the third dragon just because it may not be a type of dragon you like - maybe it will be badass!
      • Ask around what dragon higher level, good fliers are liking after the third is released, and make your decision.
    • Bank XP then save and spend for Token Bonus
      • Claim along the branch until you get the dragon itself so you can start banking XP.
      • Once you've claimed the dragon itself, spend your sigils (approx. 4k) to claim the +100% token prize on the third dragon's bonus branch.
      • Continue to claim the prizes along your dragon's line until you finish.
    • Save sigils until the end
      • Save your tokens until the last event of the season. If you have enough sigils to get another dragon to your tier or better, claim the second dragon. If you do not have enough sigils to get a second dragon to a useful point, claim the bonus branch of your original dragon.

Option 2:
    • Get the sale dragon
      • Start the season by claiming the bonus dragon until the two week 50% off deal stops (after two weeks).
    • Save and spend for Token Prize, continue sale dragon (not to end)
      • Once you've claimed the sale dragon, save enough sigils (approx. 4k) to claim the +100% token prize on the third dragon's bonus branch as fast as possible. Once you have these sigils saved, continue to use excess sigils to claim prizes along your dragon line.
      • Claim prizes along the bonus dragon branch until you are on the second to last stone (e.g. if the last stone is Emerald, stop once your claim Garnet).
      • After the third dragon is released, spend your sigils (approx. 4k) to claim the +100% token prize on the third dragon's bonus branch.
    • Make a decision (not to end)
      • Make a well informed decision with all the information at your fingertips on which other dragon you would like. Don't discount the third dragon just because it may not be a type of dragon you like - maybe it will be badass!
      • Ask around what dragon higher level, good fliers are liking after the third is released, and make your decision.
      • Claim prizes along the dragon branch until you are on the second to last stone (e.g. if the last stone is Emerald, stop once your claim Garnet).
    • Finish Dragons
      • Pick which dragon you like more, and get the final stone on that dragon.
      • Hopefully you have enough sigils to finish the second dragon.

Player in Sapphire Dragons+ "I really want to complete a dragon this season, but I certainly won't have much to spare."
    -----
    • Wait for all Dragons to be revealed and make your choice
      • Wait until the third dragon is announced so you can make a well informed decision with all the information at your fingertips. Don't discount the third dragon just because it may not be a type of dragon you like - maybe it will be badass!
    • Bank XP
    • OPTIONAL: Save and spend for Token Prize
      • Once you've claimed the first dragon, save enough sigils (approx. 4k) to claim the +100% token prize on the third dragon's bonus branch as fast as possible. Once you have these sigils saved, continue to use excess sigils to claim prizes along your first dragon line. I strongly suggest everyone do this, but I realize some people may want the dragon stones over the extra tokens. When the third dragon is released, claim the +100% token prize.
    • Finish Dragon
    • Afterwards...
      • If you have spare sigils, claim along the bonus branch of your dragon OR continue to claim along the third dragon line (where you got the +100% tokens) to get that dragon stronger.

Love Red,

Leader of Rulith
    Lover of Spreadsheets

Helpful Threads:

Rulith's Website:
    All Breeding Paths
    Dragon's, etc.

Social:
    Twitter - @TheRedDelilah
    Twitch

Comment

Player in Green-Sapphire Dragons "I really want to get two dragons to a useful level. By the time I am to the final tier, more seasons will be out and I'll max those instead."
      -----

Option 1:
      • Wait for all Dragons to be revealed and make your choice.
      • Bank XP then save and spend for Token Bonus
        • Once you've claimed the dragon itself, spend your sigils (approx. 4k) to claim the +100% token prize on the third dragon's bonus branch.
      • Continue to claim prizes
        • Continue to claim the prizes along your dragon's line until you get the stone two tiers past your current tier.
      • Save Sigils to the End
        • Save your tokens until the last event of the season. If you have enough sigils to get another dragon to your tier or better, claim the second dragon. If you do not have enough sigils to get a second dragon to a useful point, claim the bonus branch of your original dragon OR claim more prizes on the main branch.

Option 2:
      • Get the sale dragon
        • Start the season by claiming the bonus dragon until the two week 50% off deal stops (after two weeks).
      • Save and spend for Token Prize, continue sale dragon (not to end)
        • Once you've claimed the sale dragon, save enough sigils (approx. 4k) to claim the +100% token prize on the third dragon's bonus branch as fast as possible. Once you have these sigils saved, continue to use excess sigils to claim prizes along your dragon line.
        • Claim prizes along the bonus dragon branch until you are the stone one tier past your current tier.
        • After the third dragon is released, spend your sigils (approx. 4k) to claim the +100% token prize on the third dragon's bonus branch.
      • Make a decision (not to end)
        • Make a well informed decision with all the information at your fingertips on which other dragon you would like. Don't discount the third dragon just because it may not be a type of dragon you like - maybe it will be badass!
        • Claim prizes along the dragon branch until you are on the stone one tier past your current tier.
      • Finish Dragons
        • Pick which dragon you like more, and get the next stone on that dragon.
        • Hopefully you have enough sigils to get the next stone on the other dragon.

FAQs

Why shouldn't I just get all three dragons to my current stone level?
      • Breeding past Sapphire is like hitting a brick wall - it's slow as hell progression wise compared to the previous tiers. Having dragons that can carry you through the slow tiers will help your roster strength a lot.

Why don't you address new players who aren't to Green?
      • Speaking from the experiences I have with my friends and my own lower level alt, getting a single dragon past gold is a challenge. Players who can should follow the advice I gave above for the Green-Sapphire.

I am in Sapphire tier right now. Which advice should I follow?
      • That's kind of a breaking point. If you're very active or spend a bit, follow the Sapphire+. If you're more casual or busy, follow the Green-Sapphire.

Why do you recommend saving for the token bonus so much?
      • This is one of my favorite bonuses as a free-low paying player in the game with both high (245) and mid-level (138) accounts. Since Sapphire tier is the brick wall, it helps you progress faster. This bonus also rewards players who do their missions actively. If you save for the bonus so you can get it the day it comes out, it give you more time with the bonus.

Why should I wait for all three dragons to be shown? I really only like to fly [insert type of dragon here] anyway.
      • It is better to make a decision once you know all the information, in my opinion. Plus, this way PG can make any needed changes and you won't waste sigils on a dragon you may not like. As someone who loves hunters more than any other class, I have gone for a non-hunter first more than once, and I am currently waiting to see the what the warrior looks like spell wise before I make a decision. A diverse roster is a strong roster.

Why do you think you know what's best for players? You don't know me or what I want. Don't tell me what to do or shove your opinions down my throat.
      • Then don't follow my advice, that's fine. I am not saying you have to do this or that these are the only ways to go about things. This is just the advice we follow on my team and I wanted to try and help, not to dictate your life. If you came to this thread just to tell me not to tell you what to do, then why did you come here in the first place other than to start some shit? You knew what this was when you clicked it.

TL; DR:
      • Heavy spenders just get everything
      • Everyone else save 4k sigils for the +100% token bonus and wait until all three dragons are released to make your choice typically.

Love Red,

Leader of Rulith
      Lover of Spreadsheets

Helpful Threads:

Rulith's Website:
      All Breeding Paths
      Dragon's, etc.

Social:
      Twitter - @TheRedDelilah
      Twitch

Comment

• Isaiah264
        Isaiah264 commented
        Editing a comment
        My personal favorite ---

"Why do you think you know what's best for players? You don't know me or what I want. Don't tell me what to do or shove your opinions down my throat.
        Then don't follow my advice, that's fine. I am not saying you have to do this or that these are the only ways to go about things. This is just the advice we follow on my team and I wanted to try and help, not to dictate your life. If you came to this thread just to tell me not to tell you what to do, then why did you come here in the first place other than to start some shit? You knew what this was when you clicked it."

Isaiah264 aka VRodRider

Great advice! If you are in the gold-plat stage, and you only think you'll be able to just barely get the emerald stone with the increased sigil price for one dragon, would you recommend soley focusing on getting the emerald stone for the season drag of choice or getting the token boost and getting garnet on the season drag?
      Last edited by Lutrus; 06-25-2017, 06:27 PM.

Comment

• TheRedDelilah
        TheRedDelilah commented
        Editing a comment
        Garnet and the token boost, for sure. So get the token boost first then go down the dragon you're after

The best way for playing season in my opinion is :

First 2 weeks:
      - Collect all sigils from : Prizes, from hunting a lot bronze chests, from using Goldchest to obtain good sigil prizes.
      - Often the target should be as 450 sigil rankline, or if its to hard the sigil line under it and so on.
      - Instead of using try to use safed or won chests to go forward.

After doing this the target has to be the 50% sale dragon inside this 2 weeks. For that the importing thing are "breeding stuff" , mystical fragments and eggtokens.
      Calculating there a realistic point which is possible with these safed sigils , and then you are done with!

The next 2 weeks are going to be similar as first two weeks... but the sale dragon isnt anymore important, unless for example you can reach at next prize many goldchests, which isnt often the case. Even so , there you could think about opening 10 goldchests, if it will give me for example 10 back or something similar.

- After this 2 weeks safing in week 5 the new 2 dragons will appear... so there you go for the 3rd dragon line , and go to the sideline path to reach "100%" eggtoken bonus.

The reason is, that the game is going season for season higher, and the dragons you can win get better and better compared before, but unless you can go forward with breeding and normal dragons, its no use... thats why "breedingstuff" is the mainpoint in every event, higher priority then anything else, if you havent the money to collect all of them anyway! (Comment: sadly PG has regocnized that players can play with systems on there own, and made it even harder and decreased stuff /chances, unfortunately they dont like to admit or speak about it , so this cycle is a cruel one)
      Last edited by EmrahT; 06-26-2017, 01:15 AM.

Comment

Great advices! I can absolutely recommend them.
        I will add this to my Important Threads sticky thread if you don't mind

Originally posted by TheRedDelilah View Post
        TL; DR:
        • Heavy spenders just get everything
        • Everyone else save 4k sigils for the +100% token bonus and wait until all three dragons are released to make your choice typically.
        This sums up pretty well how I approach every season.

May I add that I think it's worthwhile to save all your rubies throughout the whole season to then spend them on Sigil Chests, it's very much worth it!
        MareZ ~ lvl20X ~ Garnet Tier Dragons

Important Threads to find everything you need

Comment

I 99% agree with EmrahT above.

I would second nearly everything said above in the original posts as well, Red has broken it down and tweaked it a bit for every different scenario. I wouldn't have gone that far because i'm lazy and it honestly might confuse a few people here on the forums but it is well documented, you just need to know which category you fall into. Here are my steps this season (Sapphire tier player, can obtain 35-40k sigils i believe) and i've included notes depending on your own sigil situation:

1) Use the first 2 weeks to get as far down the sale dragon branch as possible. If you can only barely get one branch done, skip this.

2) In week 3, figure out if you are really going to consider one of the two main season branches. If there is any chance you will want to go that way, spend the 1550 sigils to get just the dragon and start banking XP. If neither of them appeal to you at all, skip it. If you are going to be tight on sigils, skip it. If you possibly want the sale dragon as your main season dragon, skip it.

3) Save up 3950 sigils over the next few events until the third branch comes out with the +100% token bonus. If you can't save this much in 3 events, consider spending less sigils in the above two steps so you can accomplish this. Get this prize the day it comes out so make sure you have your sigils all saved and ready to spend.

4) Wait 1-2 weeks after all 3 branches come out to figure out which dragon you want. Focus this branch and get it maxed/as far as you can.

5) If you have extra sigils left over, consider picking back up on the sale dragon branch. You will have already spent sigils on the lower prizes, so the higher prizes will be more within reach.

**Save any extra chests & rubies you have for the next season if you already have your branch completed. While you do have to spend your sigils this season, you don't need to go out of your way to try and earn more sigils if you are just going to be forced to trade them in for shitty prizes. So depending on how far you get, sometimes it's best to simply stock pile your bronze/gold chests as well as all of your rubies so you can do better next season. Two seasons with 1.5 dragons is worse than one season with 1 then one season with 2 full dragon branches **

Comment

While I appreciate the work to articulate your core strategy my gut feeling is that 90% of players are already doing most of these things anyway. ( Well players on these forums )

Probably a shame that there isnt a WD in game Wiki where this could help players who don't visit the forums.

Comment

• gaza8143
              gaza8143 commented
              Editing a comment
              Hi MareZ I am not a sarcastic person. My gut feeling is that most people in the forums are very experienced and that new to intermediate players dont really come here very often.

While there is a team Wiki, I feel that this information needs to be in game to help new players. The in game help menu is fairly light and needs a fair bit of TLC.

I just feel it is a shame to see Red put in so much effort which could help 75% of WD community but that those players will never be able to see it or use it.

Hopefully a PG employee reads my post and finds a way to get these tips built into the game - just my view.

• TheRedDelilah
              TheRedDelilah commented
              Editing a comment
              I agree Gaza. My hope is that there are new players who may check here but cannot post (we all know how silly the forums are with that). If I can help one person though, it's worth it to me.

• Mechengg
              Mechengg commented
              Editing a comment
              I think that the support folks are pushing more and more people to the forums in an effort for us to help them out. We have seen this a LOT over the past little while with the sheer number of new posters with "1 brilliant idea" who come here to gather support but don't know really how it all works.

Very true, a few people on my team who signed up a year ago cannot contribute here.

I just think about all the silver - gold players who dont have a plan, they see everyone else moving up and they quit, guides like this could give them some hope, insight and motivate them to keep playing.

Comment

Or in high level play just go for the hunter all other drags are useless compared to a good hunter anyways
              Frydays

Comment

• NUM1PHAT
                NUM1PHAT commented
                Editing a comment
                Snowfuck........ ROFLMAO

• MareZ
                MareZ commented
                Editing a comment
                While this season's hunter is probably the much better version of Snowpoop, it would be very ignorant to say hunters are always the best choice.
                To be honest I currently favor this season's sorc and warrior more than the hunter, although or because my roster is heavily hunter focused.

• Chromat1
                Chromat1 commented
                Editing a comment
                elements1 Borigan is one of the all time best hunters period, certainly of the divines of the year. Nightsahde was amazing but element meta shit nerfed him hard. Snow was meh like all the winters. Astor was good but tricky. Borigans spells are so forgiving, insane burst, rage stacking w thunder on turns, and easy healing!

Is the 100% tokens on daily payout, token missions, or both? I'm 25 away from claiming, which will be a huge help this weekend.

Comment

• Spooky
                Spooky commented
                Editing a comment
                Token missions. And it doesn't stack with the 100% during the breeding event.

• Boussh
                Boussh commented
                Editing a comment
                Damnit. Thx for the feedback.

Bump.
              Love Red,

Leader of Rulith
              Lover of Spreadsheets

Helpful Threads:

Rulith's Website:
              All Breeding Paths
              Dragon's, etc.

Social:
              Twitter - @TheRedDelilah
              Twitch

Comment

How do you fit the rider in the plan red?

Comment

Working...
                X