Announcement

Collapse

New Forums are now up!

Greetings Dragon Lords! Please visit our new forums at http://forums.wardragons.com! We're leaving this old forum up for a period of time to allow players to migrate over any important posts, but will eventually close them out. Please note that you will need to log in using your PocketID over on the new forum. You can also access them through the game by tapping on Settings > Forums!
See more
See less

Diamond 1 & 2 rewards

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diamond 1 & 2 rewards

Hey,
    EggToken Echo PGJared CampusLifer

Just wanted to clarify, why the team rewards in Diamond and Diamond 2 are the same ? The reason for the league restructure was to make it more attractive to get to diamond. With the current setup, its tempting for bottom diamond teams, to just drop down here and there, get a much better reward and the move up again.

They've mentioned they haven't changed these things yet. When I originally made my Restructure proposal, they claimed this would be the most difficult thing to implement.
    Love Red,

Leader of Rulith
    Lover of Spreadsheets

Helpful Threads:
    How to Build YOUR Ultimate Breeding Path
    Red's Breeding Paths: Sapphire to Emerald

Rulith's Website:
    All Breeding Paths
    Red's Guide to Flying Hunters
    Dragon's, etc.

Social:
    Twitter - @TheRedDelilah
    Twitch

Comment

• Indi123
      Indi123 commented
      Editing a comment
      Are the Sapphire rewards still the same from top to bottom? TheRedDelilah

• Sandberg74
      Sandberg74 commented
      Editing a comment
      Difficult is a question about prioriry imo

• Mechengg
      Mechengg commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes they are @indi123

While it's tempting to drop down to the bottom, it will also be harder tactically to stay in the very bottom league of sapphire points wise so wars would have to be assessed daily to figure out if you need to win one, lose one or stay the same.

It would also take a longer time to claw our way back up from 270 to under 100 to get the daily token rewards we are getting now.

Teams are messed up. We were in Plat 3 and finished 20th in the first event - moved to plat 1 and finished 8th and now in sapphire 3 and so far in the top 5. The teams here in Sapphire 3 have smaller players than Plat 1.

I think there must be a tonne of teams in the wrong positions at the moment and it will take some time to wash out.

Sounds like no benefit for us to move up!

Comment

Issue occurred before diamond 2 with all of saph getting the same rewards.

At least now top teams should be pushing top 50.

Bug plus of diamond one is the extra 3.5k egg tokens a week. 15k per month. It's quiet a bit for doing nothing.

Comment

• Panda
        Panda commented
        Editing a comment
        Wouldn't being in Diamond One vs Two count as doing something?

• Baladir
        Baladir commented
        Editing a comment
        Lol Panda. I never thought I'd ever hear a question like that asked in any way except facetiously.

I'm curious though, Panda. PG's reward restructuring seems to very much answer your desire for there to be increased incentives for teams to compete in war. From your past posts I think you were expecting players to want to be on more competitive teams and teams to also become more aggressive if there was a larger spread in the rewards between leagues. What are your observations so far?

• Panda
        Panda commented
        Editing a comment
        The league shift seems to have mildly increased rewards but for the most part seems more negative sentiment to the execution than positive. There is always a good amount of indifference.

Originally posted by TheBulldog View Post

Bug plus of diamond one is the extra 3.5k egg tokens a week. 15k per month. It's quiet a bit for doing nothing.

yep, that 15k a month for doing nothing gets you a new emerald drag in... 10 months.

Comment

• Baladir
        Baladir commented
        Editing a comment
        Actually, for a player like myself who generally doesnt get enough gold chests to be rolling in tokens, at some point that 15k in tokens is likely to make the difference between hitting or missing the ability to breed the next dragon on my breeding path during a breeding event. In fact, right up until this change, the prospect of having to wait 2 breeding cycles to breed one Sapphire dragon had me wondering if there was any other aspect of this game which could hold any interest for me to continue to participate.

Whether a significant number of players who depend on daily tokens for their advancement in the game, or some other use, find these changes satisfactory is something we will never see ourselves, of course. The data I mean. We will hear about competition in the different leagues, which we can't see. You can read a story like mine, but there is no confidence many others' experiences are similar.

Thankfully, lol. If I was to look at this like you say, I'm out of here. 😂

I'm currently in a team that always comes top 3 in diamond 2. It's happened every single event so far. We've won a couple as well. We could get ourselves promoted, come 20th in the events, get our asses kicked in wars, all for less prizes in the events. If you're in diamond 2, apart from the daily egg token increase, there is literally zero point in going to diamond 1 at all.

Comment

Bahahahahah PG: "we will create a game wide incentive to rank up as high as possible "

Inner PG: "I'll show them what incompetence looks like!"

Comment

PGJared ​​​Echo EggToken CampusLifer

any feedback ? Is this in the new update also ?

Comment

This needs to be changed. Diamond 1 need better prizes than diamond 2. It's stopping people from coming to diamond 1.

Comment

I definitely agree with the comments above me. How can you possibly justify giving teams that sandbag identical rewards to a league where the money and time commitment are infinitely higher? Can you at least rename the league from diamond 2 to sandbag1?

Comment

I wasn't involved in this project and unfortunately haven't overheard any details. You're gonna have to wait for an official response from PX on this one

Comment

• Sandberg74
                  Sandberg74 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Could you ask your friends for a comment then ? They dont seem to want to answer me.

• Excesseus
                  Excesseus commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Neither was I, yet I didn't comment like that. You literally wasted my time by reading it.

This same issue applies to Sapphire 1, 2 and 3. Sapphire 1 is much tougher than Sapphire 3 - crazy that a team placed in Sapphire 1 position 25 gets a weak reward compare to the top team in Sapphire 3.

Comment

Shhh...don't concern yourselves with game reward mechanics, there's 25 teams in Diamond 2/Sandbag 1 that are laughing all the way to the bank. I mean...doesn't it make total sense that not only the rewards for hitting the 3rd best team in a lower division the same as the 3rd best team in the top division? And beyond that...for the team in D1 that hits a level 350+, likely defended, for, i dunno, say 2000 points in Conquer...a team in D2 could hit their equivalent in opponent in D2...maybe 100 or more levels lower, probably not defended, for the same 2000 points to go towards the same reward.

Bottom line, and this goes for sapphire, platinum, all the way down...each sub league should have increasing rewards. If the rewards increase, the point structure can stay the same, but D1 is expending considerable more resources...time, energy, inners, dragon boosts, consumables, heal pots, etc. than D2 for the same results. Imagine if it were reversed, and say the new shiny dragons came out and they cost less for D1 players than D2, or the Super Shiny Rip-off chest came out and it cost 8k rubies for 10 in D1 but 10k rubies for 10 in D2? Think that'd be fair? I know it's hard to work on things players feel are important, and they might not even be on the roadmap, but in between the cashgrabs, maybe figure out how to complete the balancing of what was once a well intentioned project.

Comment

A good solution for this would be to get statistics on the levels (percentiles) and set multipliers on points earned in the league based on that, so that the same level is roughly the same amount of points across leagues. It would go something like matching up 50% to whatever percentile level that is in some other league, then setting up the multiplier where those positions in the team rankings line up with the same amount of points in the other league, if that makes any sense.

Comment

• Sandberg74
                      Sandberg74 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      You really wanna have PG trying to implement this 😂😂😂

EggToken PGJared Dragon Punch Echo

none of you replied to this. Do you have plans of diffrentiating rewards in D1 and D2 ? And when ?

why do D1 teams have to work a lot harder for the same rewards and in D2 ?

i think the same i valid for sapphire league.

Comment

• War fan
                      War fan commented
                      Editing a comment
                      It's the same for ALL leagues-- only 1 set of rewards for the entire set (levels 1, 2, 3, etc).

I think that after 2 months, they should have easily been able to implement this already.

• Mechengg
                      Mechengg commented
                      Editing a comment
                      They finally got the background work done with the league changes so they should have the backbone set up for building out and changing the rewards. I would expect it soon i think.

In for final answer.
                  Working...
                  X