No announcement yet.

BS Wars being declared at last min!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I personally have no issues with people attacking a min before a war starts or declaring a war a minute before it would start. Declaring a minute out has both advantages and disadvantages. Declaring at the last minute give the opposing team more time to fill their roster if they aren't already!!! Has worked both ways for me. Did some house cleaning immediately after War, but got declared on before I could re-fill those spots.

I do take issue with what OP stated about their Defense not counting.

And I would also like to see the start/end time coincide with Event start/end times.

Comment

Not speaking as an official PG response, but just my own personal opinion

My current opinion (i'm open to facts which change my opinion) is that it works the same way for both teams -- they're both able to do the same thing with the same rules. If one team is able to organize a bunch of players to do such a sneak attack, more power to them.

Comment

• Spooky
        Spooky commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Owlrager. That makes sense as far as it goes, though I was more driving at how the result of how things are coded now leads to this asymmetrical result.

I am not a programmer so I'm sure this is a risible idea that will be high comedy at PG, but I have something as simple in mind as coding in a requirement that war flames don't count unless the attack is done via a war banner (war condition exists at start and end of an attack).

If it's super complicated to do something like that, by all means work on other war cheats/exploits as higher priorities.

• SuperSax
        SuperSax commented
        Editing a comment
        I totally agree @CampusLifer: If a game allows it is a good strategy. And thanks for sharing your opinion with us... yet what we Need (at least i do) is an official Statement of PG.

I totally DISAGREE with the fact that it´s fair that all wars start at the same time over and over again. You might argue that "all know it and can adjust to it".
        Well then WHY NOT HAVING WAR TIMES CHANGED? It is simply a fact that Europeans and Asians are sleeping at that time. There is nothing to discuss about it being fair or not. Imagine all wars start 3 am for you and I come to you saying "it´s fair because it´s the same for everyone".

There are simple solutions for that and since WARS are one of the key Motivation factors for me to Play this game I won´t get tired of proposing to make wars fair for everyone and not just americans!

• YellowMonkey
        YellowMonkey commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm sorry but I have to say it....

For someone that supposedly is making a priority to ban cheaters to come and basically say it's ok to use exploits as long as others can too....

Makes completely no sense to me.

I'm surprised this issue hasn't come up before now.

At the very least, if your going to give the attacking team points for attacking before war start but finishing the attack after war start THEN you should give defenders the defend points for it.

This is just my own opinion though. What do I know, I haven't been involved in a war in 6 months. 👻 What's the point.
        Last edited by YellowMonkey; 1 day ago.

I feel like the declaring war a minute before is a decent strategy, but being able to attack before the war starts is an exploit and shouldn't happen.

Comment

This is nothing new and common practice. Yes it does not represent the defense counter properly, but it DOES introduce a different level of strategy. Given the amount of REAL problems this game has this issue should be pretty low priority for PG and everyone should not get bent out of shape over it.

Comment

• Spooky
          Spooky commented
          Editing a comment
          It's certainly not the most pressing issue in the game but if it were relatively simple to--for example--only allow war banners coded as such to get flames, I think that would be a positive change. Airplane mode adds a different level of strategy to wars and I don't care for it either.

• Bear
          Bear commented
          Editing a comment
          Well I would say since they increased the importance of wars they made it a more pressing issue.

• MikeGoN2GetU
          MikeGoN2GetU commented
          Editing a comment
          I wouldn't group airplane mode into this same category. Airplane mode is a blatant cheat that uses the phone to exploit the game, whereas this is just a function of the game we dont agree with.

Crazy thought OP. Expect this, plan for it, deal with it.

Comment

To be clear: If someone make a post full of profanity or really uncivil language, I'm deleting it. I'm open to constructive criticism, but I'm not open to encouraging extremely hostile communication.

Comment

• NinAK
            NinAK commented
            Editing a comment
            You delete my posts constantly and never answer my questions... are we going to get an official response regarding the manipulation of the defense system to make war attack defenses not count?

Seems 4/6 teams we have warred recently are doing this

• MikeGoN2GetU
            MikeGoN2GetU commented
            Editing a comment
            Then do it too. easy fix.

Want to thank the original poster for bringing this to everyone's attention, this will be our normal attack routine now, thanks for the great idea.
          Level 199

Comment

This is a tactic widely used in diamond, just look at it like war starts a little early

Comment

• GBill
              GBill commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah and Diamond is also well known for its pleasant personalities.

I thought this was fixed. Attacks werent counting as war attack anymore? Am i mistaken?

Comment

• Spooky
              Spooky commented
              Editing a comment
              Attacks that start a minute or so before war and finish after it starts can get war flames for attackers. This is definitely how it works currently.

Using an attack before the designated start time is and SHOULD be considered a game exploit by PG, as it VERY clearly states in a pop-up that attacks made before the start time DO NOT COUNT. Any teams that support this behavior is just adding fodder to the fire in the event that PG decides to crack down on this behavior.

Comment

• NinAK
              NinAK commented
              Editing a comment
              Agree 100% 5 wars today declared on us, 3 within 2 minutes before and all of them had some attack early. This shit is getting out of hand. Set a 1-4 hour buffer and quit allowing pre attacks that exploit the defense system.

Sorry to burst your bubble but Pg won't fix it anytime soon since they are not doing anything against the autopilot exploit either🤷🏻*♀️

Comment

I'm completely against this being fixed, this is just apart of strategies for war. As you can defend against these attacks and stop them, if you don't stop them then well.. wouldn't matter anyways. Plus wars aren't meant to be fair, you can use this strategy too....so who cares.

Comment

CampusLifer

Just to be clear this has nothing to do with declaring one minute before the war cut off time. It's about attacking just before war starts.

Rule is a rule, if war hasn't started, an attack that is started before the start time should not be counted!!!

In any competition if you start earlier you get disqualified. It's not a strategy, it's an exploitation of a loop hole which should not be allowed.

Why are you encouraging people to exploit loop hole? I thought PG was against that.
                Last edited by XDragonizer; 5 days ago.

Comment

• NinAK
                  NinAK commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It's crazy, it's almost like a made a new thread specifically to address this so it wouldn't get muddled with this and CampusLifer closed my thread

Can i bring an analogy into play here? Kind of off topic but kind of relevant and most of all fun

- You are a sprinter at a new track and field event
                - The rules are tweaked so that it doesn't really matter what you do behind the start line so long as you don't cross the start line before the gun is fired
                - They give you a 3-2-1 countdown clock so you can have a visual of when the race starts

So the first race everyone lines up in the blocks as usual, the strongest sprinter finishes first as expected.

The second race, one of the players doesn't get down in the blocks, rather he takes a jogging start at the beginning, using the visual count down as a clue as to how to time the start of the race. He ends up starting the race a bit behind everyone else, but has the momentum of his jog so that he actually gets a better head start than everyone else. He ends up in in 4th place, the stronger sprinters catch up near the end and finish 1-3.

A third race takes place and many players noticed the approach that the one player took in the second race. They all stand 20' back and all take a running start at the 2 second mark and blow through the starting line at the start of the race getting a huge jump on the competition. Some of them run out of steam before the end of the race, even after being up by so much. Some of the players who took the running start finish strong and end up winning the race. Anybody who is tied (exactly tied) they simply take a measurement of who crossed the starting line first and declare them the tie-break winner. The strongest sprinters don't win this race unfortunately, rather they are back in the middle of the pack. Now they see this as unfair and complain to the referee who kind of shrugs his shoulders and tosses his whistle in his pocket and says that it's not his problem. He simply walks away and motions to start the next race.

What should these sprinters all do in the 4th race? That is up to you to decide.

- sincerely the 18 second sprinter who always places last no matter what he does to improve his result

Comment

Starting an attack a minute before a war begins so that defenses don't count is an exploit that should be fixed. PGs argument that everyone knows this and uses this is a lame excuse. Personally I think the war countdown should start from the time the war is declared. Or random starting times like they do with events. This gives all time zones an equal advantage. Wars always start 2am in my tz so I usually miss the good stuff and pick on what's left in the morning.

Comment

Working...
                  X