Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheating in war?

@EggToken

Ok, so a particular player from a certain team has either figured out a cheat or a nice tactic for avoiding defenders.

The guy launches an attack with backup. The moment his first dragon dies, he leaves the battle somehow without ending it. While his backup is still flying, he launches a second attack with different backup. The result is that he has 2 simultaneous attacks running on the same target where he is the primary attacker. The person whose base it is can only be in one of the battles defending. Yes, teammates can be there to defend, but this technique ensures that he can face a particular base without the base owner present to defend. And No, it was no accident. The person repeated the maneuver over 2 dozen times. Many people on our team with alts ended up in 2 separate attacks from the same guy simultaneously.

I know that there will be a multitude of opinions about this, but I want to hear from PG. IS THIS CHEATING? Tell me yes and I will expect action, tell me no and I will figure out how to do it and make it my regular method of attack

I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR OPINION. THIS IS NOT AN ACCUSATION OF CHEATING. THIS IS NOT ME CRYING ABOUT WHAT SOMEONE DID. THIS IS AN ATTEMPT TO GET AN OFFICIAL STATEMENT FROM PG

DOES PG ALLOW MORE THAN 1 ATTACK FROM THE SAME INDIVIDUAL TO BE ACTIVELY FLYING AT THE SAME TIME. ONCE AGAIN, MY QUESTION IS ABOUT POCKET GEMS. I REALLY CARE LESS ABOUT WHAT YOU THINK THAN YOU CARE ABOUT WHAT I THINK.
    Last edited by WolfDemonsPup; 1 week ago.

Sounds like someone playing the same account on multiple devices. It's been seen before and usually by high level players and big spenders so PG does nothing about it

Comment

It is a quite common tactic used in war when there's a lot of defenders. Just try to defend both of the attacks and you might win on the defense counter.

Comment

• WolfDemonsPup
        WolfDemonsPup commented
        Editing a comment
        If it is legal, how is it done?

• Goober
        Goober commented
        Editing a comment
        You just leave the battle. That's it.

• WolfDemonsPup
        WolfDemonsPup commented
        Editing a comment
        "Just leaving the battle" ends the battle. When lead attacker quits, the battle ends.

It seems to me the slightest problem, Absolutely no cheating, maybe a sort of decoy.
      There are definitely worse things in my opinion.

This is not really fair:
      - Declare war 2 minutes before the start when in Europe It's late night;
      - Attack ahead of war;
      - Do not update the game.

Airplane mode, this is cheating, just my opinion.

Comment

This certainly is not cheating in my opinion, and no you don't need two devices to do it.
      Love Red,

Leader of Rulith
      Lover of Spreadsheets

Helpful Threads:
      How to Build YOUR Ultimate Breeding Path
      Red's Breeding Paths: Sapphire to Emerald
      Red's Cheapest Breeding Paths: Orange to Emerald

Proposals:
      League Restructure
      Brief Forum Reorganization

Rulith's Website:
      All Breeding Paths
      Red's Guide to Flying Hunters
      Dragon's, etc.

Comment

• WolfDemonsPup
        WolfDemonsPup commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you very much

• Valorous2377
        Valorous2377 commented
        Editing a comment
        For once, we agree Red lol. This isn't cheating. It won't change. People do have lives and have to quit a battle to let the other guy finish. Some folks are at work and don't have long so it is useful in that regard. This particular tactic of ditching to keep defenders distracted is a beautiful result of coordinating on the other teams part. Our team deals with this shtuff all the time when trying to take out level 300 plus bases. Communication with teammates about the tactics other teams use is how you solve this frustration...heck I bet if you even try it a couple times you might be impressed with the results....all you have to do is quit when they quit and defend again. I think this shouldn't be a thing to fix because there's nothing broken about it.

• Jeff8682
        Jeff8682 commented
        Editing a comment
        The same tactic works for android too. Only difference is that iOS loads much faster so it is easier to start next attack before the defender gets out of the first one.

Its a dirty tactic no doubt but not cheating. If you are the base owner and see that player leave the battle; quickly apply your super shots (strategically, and since this is your own base that should be easy) then quit as well. you should make it out in time to defend his second attack. Hopefully your fellow teammates can successfully defend the first attack with your added Super shots applied.

Comment

• Goober
        Goober commented
        Editing a comment
        His name will disappear from the list. You just have to pay attention.

• WolfDemonsPup
        WolfDemonsPup commented
        Editing a comment
        His name did not disappear from the list.

• MikeGoN2GetU
        MikeGoN2GetU commented
        Editing a comment
        Well regardless of if his name disappeared or not, if you KNOW that player/team does this. The home defender should just quit after the second round of Super shots are activated.

Thats not cheating, thats strategy. Both attacks can be defended after all.
      _____________πŸ—‘πŸ₯πŸ”ͺ_____________

Comment

I am agree with red and worse when he have a lot off defender and we have a big base to do we all change our name close we just change one letter and we all attack in same time πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ like this they don't know wich one to defend you will say is cheating too ? Use your imagination it's a game πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ its fun to play

Comment

• WolfDemonsPup
          WolfDemonsPup commented
          Editing a comment
          I am asking PG to take a public stance about whether or not what I described is cheating. I did not make an accusation of cheating. And I wasn't talking about something as lame as name changing so "no" I wouldn't complain if you did that.

• Goober
          Goober commented
          Editing a comment
          This is a long time tactic, along with starting a war attack then declaring 2 mins before wars start. Happens all the time in diamond and upper sapphire. It's the reason why you need a strong and active team to be able to watch out for those things.

• MareZ
          MareZ commented
          Editing a comment
          Well... although it's been around for a long time and commonly used, I have to admit it's like one boxer hits the other one K.O. before they enter the ring or even know who the enemy is (in theory).
          It would be more fair if only orange banner war attacks after war start counted, I think that should be common sense.

Also: if you figured out that itΒ΄s a tactic, you can easily Counter it.
        After lead attacker quits, put the 4 super attacks on your base and leafe defense as well. The same attacks again while other attack is in Progress you as attacked base can defend your own base again.

Comment

• WolfDemonsPup
          WolfDemonsPup commented
          Editing a comment
          Once again, there is nothing to indicate when the lead attacker has left. His name is still present in the first battle when he has already launched the second.

It looks like airplane mode.
        IMO,yes,it's cheating.
        because,if person doing it twice-it's not accidentally.
        i know one team which using it in wars very often.
        but,as I remember,airplane mode is "glitch "now.
        i hope PG will fix it as soon as it possible,because ppl spending time to do war attacks,and someone using "glitches" without any troubles.
        We can talk about "tactic",but it's wrong!
        flying training-is tactic.
        wave attacks-is tactic.
        doing attacks in 3 min before war starts-also could be tactic.
        Using unfixed glitch-is cheating.

Anyway,ppl who doing this-really bad flyers.
        if they need to use tricks to win war,lol☺️

Comment

The objective is for the second player to keep the defenders occupied for as long as possible (with cloak, rising phoenix, anything that slows down the base takedown) while the main original attacker is able relaunch the attack with a possibility of less defenders. How that is exactly done isn't hard to figure out, and yes it is a tactical move to take down certain bases. And often you can leave without even the defenders noticing who is in the room if you time it properly so they don't know the main attacker has left.

Comment

• WolfDemonsPup
            WolfDemonsPup commented
            Editing a comment
            When I quit the battle as main attacker, the battle ends. If this is not considered cheating by PG, then there is no harm in telling how it is done. If the method of how it is done is something that can't be disclosed, then why not?

It doesnt require airplane mode or any other form of cheating.

frowned upon...maybe, but definitely not cheating.
          anyone can do it and is merely a form of decoy. Defend both, the defense counters go up by 2. Not unfair. If this is considered cheating then so is changing everyone's names and throwing 20 decoy attacks at the same time as the real one.
          Airplane mode is a glitch because you alter the game by turning off your internet connection temporarily. You dont need anything but the exit button to start a second attack.
          grow up, defend both, dont cry.
          Last edited by Thatguy472; 1 week ago.

Comment

• WolfDemonsPup
            WolfDemonsPup commented
            Editing a comment
            Learn to read. Not crying. Not accusing of cheating. Want official position from PG. If not cheating, I will start doing it too. But I don't want to if it is considered cheating.

And where in the heck is PG? Why hasn't EggToken commented yet? Is PG afraid to comment on this thread?

Huh?So,when ppl using more than 2 dragons in war it's fair?πŸ˜³πŸ€”πŸ˜Ή
          becouse it's what I saw when they are using airplane mode.
          i don't talking about decoys,when ppl leaving the battle or have 4 flames.
          im talking about ppl who using more than 2 dragons in war to have 5 flames.

Comment

• Thatguy472
            Thatguy472 commented
            Editing a comment
            I think you are on the wrong topic. No has said using airplane mode is fair. But what is mentioned here is not airplane mode or using more than two dragons for 5 flames in a single attack. What is mentioned here consists of multiple attacks in a "bait and switch" method of decoy. Not a glitch, not cheating.

WolfDemonsPup

if you didnt want any of our opinions (based on your edit to original post), then why come to the forums? That is exactly what a forum is. Instead dont post here and contact support.

Comment

• WolfDemonsPup
            WolfDemonsPup commented
            Editing a comment
            Support refuses to comment on the topic claiming privacy issues are involved. I will do as I please. Why don't you grow up and stop crying about it?
            Last edited by WolfDemonsPup; 1 week ago.

This isn't an official PG response; it's my own personal statement as an individual.

I personally think this is a fine tactic for players to do during war.

Comment

• WolfDemonsPup
            WolfDemonsPup commented
            Editing a comment
            That's fine that you think that. I want an official statement from pg to know if it is something that I am allowed to start doing too.
        Working...
        X