Raid Button?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raid Button?

I can't speak for all but I really enjoy the raid button in the KOTH event. What is the reason/rationale for it only being in that event but none of the others? EggToken Echo

I already asked 2-3 times here... I hope you have more luck than me.

Comment

Now it will disappear in koth also 😬

Comment

It's a point of difference. The events are all too similar already, we don't need that attached to every event as well.

Comment

• SilentOne
          SilentOne commented
          Editing a comment
          You asked for the reason. The reason is it's a point of difference between events.

What's the downside! Repetition, lack of originality to each event.
          Same old, same old.

But I guess since we are just getting the same events cycled through repeatedly we might as well have them all look and feel even more identical to each other as well.

• Panda
          Panda commented
          Editing a comment
          Ah got it, I mean...all of the events really come down to energy and flying bases over and over with a bonus multiplier and some sort of extra consumable?

• Spooky
          Spooky commented
          Editing a comment
          Doesn't every major event other than KotH have the same structure--energy packs, super attacks and IF. Making one or two more raid events would serve as greater differentiation than currently exists as I see it.

Originally posted by SilentOne View Post
        It's a point of difference. The events are all too similar already, we don't need that attached to every event as well.
        really? like how they added a bonus timer in every event now?

Comment

• SilentOne
          SilentOne commented
          Editing a comment
          Yep exactly like that!
          If all events use the same content there is no strategy which can make one better in one event as opposed to another.

The more everyone keeps asking for the same stuff to be added to each event the more dull each event becomes.

• Matcava
          Matcava commented
          Editing a comment
          There is no strategy in the Raid button. it's just about saving your time...

• MareZ
          MareZ commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, why would it bad to implement the same time saving mechanism in every event?
          I'm absolutely for a raid button in every event where it makes sense (not the new mini event for example).

Absolutely agree. The raid function single handedly makes koth my favourite major event. Without it the events are far too tedious. Who wants to sit there for hours at a time (thanks to the bonus meters) doing 100 attacks in a row of the same bases? Maybe YM does, but I certainly do not. Raid function makes unbearable major events more bearable. All the events are the same anyway, may as well give us the raid function which is actually useful.

Comment

With the raid feature you can set up 15 bases that would have the raid option. (On your 16th attack base #1 is no longer available to raid and you must attack again). On king of the hill your team is usually concentrating on a single fortress or maybe two (or more I guess depending on the team). With capture the flag you could literally set up for a last minute attack against multiple teams. You could set up 3 bases on 5 different teams. That's 9 attacks against each team completed within a 2-3 minutes for each person that does this. Say you have 11 players online setting up on the top 3 bases on these five teams. That's 99 runs against each of those teams. In my opinion that is a little much for an event like this and takes out the strategy that is capture the flag. I get last minute 3 IF runs and supers help to either get the 1,000 point lead or draw a stalemate but a raid function, no thank you.

And God forbid they do put in raid, you realize the individual point system will be scaled accordingly right?

You just want an easier and quicker way to spend your energy without thinking of how it will effect the actual event. And you thought your 8,000 point lead with 5 minutes left was safe.
          Last edited by defpolak; 2 weeks ago.

Comment

• MareZ
            MareZ commented
            Editing a comment
            That's a very solid point you make, I agree it could mess up Tug of War.
            Maybe for this event it would be better to set the max energy to 20 so you could save time without having to use energy packs.

I can see the reasoning behind not having it in this event based on the above. it does add an element of strategy to this event, though, as explained above, though, and would probably make it more interesting.

I'd much prefer that than what they've changed ALL of the events to now... which is incorporating the bonus timer as justification for increasing the prize tiers

(which as an aside, remember the kinnarku fiasco when the kinn bonus was still in effect for something like the next 1-3 months worth of events? iirc they never scaled the prizes back from those increased amounts that were based on the kinn inner fire bonus. would be interesting to go back and check to see if the prize tiers were ever actually put back to what they were before that mess)

anyway, in regards to the bonus timer, what it does is encourage constant play, and what it also does is encourage spending, because many don't want to sit there for hours at a time grinding away at an event. they'll use super attacks or inner fires (because for some reason we cant use both, oh wait, that's to make us spend more) instead. it actually discourages teamwork because the best thing for the player is to stock up energy with the cheap refills and then play in one long session once each day.

the skirmish event was fun with the raid button.

Comment

Working...
          X