Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Noticeable differences between the last fortification event and this one.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noticeable differences between the last fortification event and this one.

I have noticed 3 huge differences between the last fort event and this one.
    Firstly there was what seemed to be an abundance of lumber. You didn't need to go searching through matchmaking for hours to find a decent raid.
    Secondly when you raided a base last fort event 80% of the time you got what was advertised as your prize if not a bit extra. This time it's 99% of the time you get nothing.
    Thirdly the amount of lag evident again when a base is being defended or a fellow team mate is doing back up.
    What has PG done to the coding that is different from the last time this event was run and remind us all about how bad this event used to be Resource wise.

I think the big difference is that last event they put out a bigger lumber boost initially and then again on the weekends compared to this time. So production isn't increased as much as before so players have more time to collect and use or transfer before they go over their mill protection limit

Comment

Also I noticed that the farm protection boosts are not working at all. I have both sets of farm protection research and woke up today with zero in one farm and 20k in the other.

Comment

• DirtBanga
        DirtBanga commented
        Editing a comment
        yes, but thats not a new issue, always been the case

• Skittles
        Skittles commented
        Editing a comment
        Whatever is in your farms and mills isn't protected unless it's in your storage hut within the protected percentage rate.

• Goober
        Goober commented
        Editing a comment
        Are your mills boosted? I've noticed within the last update or 2 that the protection is working again, but if you use production boosts the protection is off.

So no one cares that the points required have dramatically increased after 1m (last 4 prizes)?
      1.05m -> 1.20m
      1.35m -> 1.50m
      1.50m -> 1.90m
      1.70m -> 2.50m

And I remember that someone asked for extra tier of prizes in last fort event. And now this is what PG done in this fort.

Comment

• runner08
        runner08 commented
        Editing a comment
        this is not a fair change, it came only because of big spenders, which max out event quickly and require additional levels. For the rest it is bad luck :-(
        To get to 2.5M points is requiring huge number of speed ups. I don't understand why the conditions changed during season.
        Last edited by runner08; 3 days ago.

• Goober
        Goober commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, i was one of the ones that asked for more tiers but specifically said that the ranks where the prizes are shouldn't be changed. Only to have more tiers after the glyph prize.

What Draco said. The points have gone up massively - 50% extra timers needed for max prize tier ! ! !

Comment

Lumber drops in gold chests seem to be worse this time. And last time was absolutely worse than the time before that (even though PG swore nothing had changed).

Comment

The fact that a lot of people have upgraded their farms has helped the economy no end. Lot more food and wood about

Comment

The top prize milestones aren't intended to be achievable by everyone. Clearly too many players achieved the max milestones last time so they increased it this time.

Comment

• Owlrager
              Owlrager commented
              Editing a comment
              True, but I assume pg's definition of too many, and most players' definition of too many are very different.

• Goober
              Goober commented
              Editing a comment
              You know I agree with you indi, but they should add mystic glyphs to the prize tiers instead of making just the legendary one more expensive to get.

The lumber found in chests this event as compared to the last time it was run is 1/3 what I personally received from the same amount of Gold and Bronze chests. Also they are being very stingy with 400k packs, very few in gold chests as opposed to what was available last time. I also believe that even the value packs are changed and have less to his time around 😱😱

Comment

• Dravoz
              Dravoz commented
              Editing a comment
              Absolutely. I reported this in February (specifically noted around 1/3 amount from previous event) - http://wardragons.pocketgems.com/for...in-gold-chests

Echo - do you still stand by your position that drop rates are unchanged? I think it's rather obvious that we aren't getting the lumber drops we did from two events ago.
              Last edited by Dravoz; 2 days ago.

Congratz o those who wanted additional prizes last time. I said pg would increase prize tiers... I hope they are happy now.

Comment

Originally posted by Captainhook_0 View Post
              when you raided a base last fort event 80% of the time you got what was advertised as your prize if not a bit extra. This time it's 99% of the time you get nothing.
              It's always been that way. Maybe you got lucky before, but during every fortification I've played in, I nearly always get squat no matter what it says I will get.

The reason for this is PG doesn't query dynamically. They run fewer servers, which would get overloaded, so they run a script about every 15-30 minutes (based on what support told me when I logged a bug on this), which is just... dumb.

Sure, they could have spent it since I refreshed like they claimed. But not 90% of the time. They need to provide up to date data. Not doing so is unprofessional and insulting to the customer.

Comment

• Captainhook_0
                Captainhook_0 commented
                Editing a comment
                Maybe I did get lucky last time the event was run. But then so did my whole team.
                It's like PG had extra servers running last time and they forgot to switch them on again this time round.
                And I didn't mention anything about prize tiers because I never get all of them anyway so it was irrelevant. I was trying to make people more aware of the increased difficulty in finding rss this time around compared to last time.

• Goober
                Goober commented
                Editing a comment
                I haven't had any issues finding wood in this event or in the last one. Sometimes you are lucky, sometimes you're not. I'm just patient and will look though matchmaker longer than normal, searching for the big hits.

• Kittens
                Kittens commented
                Editing a comment
                This is because of the production boost protection glitch that has been around since they were created and never fixed. Basically, say you have 100k protection normally, and you have the boost on, making it 300k, Lets say you have 300k in storage, exactly the protection amount. Other people in matchmaking see your resources as having its base protection only (100k), so it might show ~60k in matchmaking. But they get nothing, because it's protected. The matchmaking always assumes no boost on, even though there is, so it shows the wrong amount. People usually only use the boost in building events, so that's when you see the glitch rear its ugly head the most.

You can tell if it's dumping if you bookmark the target. If after getting nothing, they show 0, they dumped. If it still shows the same amount as before, it's the protection glitch.

This bug has been explained repeatedly to pg since its inception, and still hasn't been fixed.

I hadn't noticed, OP, that I was hitting bases with none or little of the resources I saw posted, which I saw an improvement over the last event when I did.

Comment

The only problem I've had raiding is that I do t have time. I've only done about 75 -100 raids for food and lumber. But I've only come up dry a half dozen times. There is a way to raid and things to loom for that make it very likely that you'll get what you're looking for and there's certain times, too. I can generally tell down to the quarter hour how successful a raid will be. But some secrets are better remaining just that.

Im gonna finish 2 tiers from the top having spent zero $$$, gone from 143-157, and opened a total of 6 gold chests (mainly the prize tier ones). It's been a pretty successful event for me and I'm satisfied with it. I'm assuming those that aren't have a little bit of anal chapping. It happens when it starts to get hot out. That swamp ass gets brewing, you eventually take a hurried shit in public and use the sandpaper supplied in the bathroom and before you know it, BAM!!! Chapped asshole. And Blistex won't help, or will it?
                Leader of HeavensDragons

You can find my blog at wardragons.info.

Come into my Crevice!

Comment

• Goober
                  Goober commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Wiping properly also helps to prevent swamp ass. Just saying. 😂
              Working...
              X