Reduced energy costs?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reduced energy costs?

It's supposed to be costing less to purchase energy in this event, but the numbers look the same to me.

Looks the same to me as well. It would make sense to outline the change in the message,

Comment

When did they say it was supposed to cost less? Do you mean energy refresh every PvP round instead of every 24 hours?

PS it has always been every 24hr this event in the past. The only one that is sooner is capture the flag.

Comment

Check your inbox. A message was sent saying there is an energy cost reduction going into effect for this event. I don't see any differ either in cost.

Comment

Oh wow i don't even read those news messages these days lol. Good to know that they understand the issue, I'll pay closer attention to cost of it then. Right now the 100 for 10 hasn't changed. but perhaps subsequent purchases will go from 19 down to 14 or something. That would be nice.

Comment

Yes second lot is 15
            ZenWarriors - always looking for active players

Comment

Second lot of 100 energy is 19 for me, as it has always been. And 16 energy costs 3, again, the same.

Comment

EggToken can you please explain the reduction we are supposed to be getting.

Comment

Mine is also 3 and 19 so definitely no reduction there.

Comment

A teammate of mine said the costs used to be 10/19/30/68 energy packs and are now 10/19/20/20/20 (in each case purchasing successive 100 energy blocks before reset). He's usually a reliable source for these matters but hopefully ET can confirm exactly what is happening.

Comment

• YellowMonkey
                      YellowMonkey commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Same here 10/19/20/20/20/20 seems to be where the purchase 100 caps at cost

• Mechengg
                      Mechengg commented
                      Editing a comment
                      10/19/20...is still very steep to me

Only once have i ever turned in 19 at a time. I would have hoped for something a bit more linear like 10/14/18/20...etc or something that was more manageable for more than just the top 0.5%. If it was 14, i would not hesitate to turn them in at all. So for now i will stick to my strategy of when i turn them in and when i start to do my attacks and just buy them for 10's like i have been doing.

So support says energy costs don't increase after purchasing 144. Why that specific number? I dunno, they didn't say. I'll leave it to you egg heads to figure out the cheapest combo to get to 144.
                    Anyway, this is not a discount for the average player who only refills once or twice every 24 hours......way to not get my money this week PG, keep it up and I will be able to afford another vacation.......

Comment

• MrJonesy
                      MrJonesy commented
                      Editing a comment
                      But that would decrease income. I think the key here is getting the playerbase to attack more by buying more energy than they normally do. So yes, it is discounted, but only if you usually refresh more than 2 times within a 24 hour period. For myself, that is the MOST I will refill in a 24 hour period. Could have not even told me there was a 'discount' and I would probably never have even noticed......

• Dravoz
                      Dravoz commented
                      Editing a comment
                      And yet they claim to believe that this change will "improve the player experience". Like you say, I doubt it will improve anything for 80%+ of the player base. I'd very rarely top up 3 times in a 24 hour period.

• MrJonesy
                      MrJonesy commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Haha more like improve their income on this event......

Buying additional energy with rubies used to cost an increasing amount of rubies in a 24 hour period. This 24-hour reset is still in effect. However, the change we have made makes it so that after purchasing 144 additional energy with rubies, the ruby cost of purchasing additional energy no longer increases, and stays the same until it resets back to the base amount after a 24-hour period. Why is it 144? It has to do with how the Energy Packs are bundled in sets of 3 packs x 16 energy x 3 times.

Comment

• Dravoz
                      Dravoz commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I wonder what percentage of the player base will feel like their experience is improved by this. That's the only reason you've done this, of course.

• cbwolfe
                      cbwolfe commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Why isn't this outlined in game? I mean, you're skirting the line with outright lying and false advertising. You say "there's an energy cost reduction but we aren't gonna tell you what it is until one of you paste eaters hop on the forums and ask". I work in retail. It's literally like me saying "hey we have a sale on candy bars. They're reduced." And then you get inside and find out that the savings is only if you purchase 12 cases of the candy bar.

Not cool. It's advisable for you to ask that they communicate the fact that it isn't a savings that affects the majority of the player base and exactly how you save.

• Dravoz
                      Dravoz commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Exactly, cbwolfe. They're trying to be clever with their messaging. why not just say "ruby cost for purchasing energy no longer increases after 144 energy purchased". Instead, they try to spin a story about how they listened and how this change will improve the player experience for this type of event. EggToken, do you stand by the in game message, or do you agree that it's poorly worded given the limited number of players who will actually benefit?

I find the messaging around this disingenuous at best. You claim to have listened, and you claim that you're confident that this will improve the player experience for this event type. Yet not everyone benefits. If you were truly interested in improving the player experience you would have reduced the energy pack cost. You're trying to get people to spend more rubies. At least be honest about it.
                    Last edited by Dravoz; 05-11-2017, 08:09 PM.

Comment

• MrJonesy
                      MrJonesy commented
                      Editing a comment
                      But when has ANY ingame news/message been clear. Every one in the 4-5 months that I have been playing are all as clear as mud. Ok, maybe the ones regarding Twitch and Facebook streams are pretty clear, but other than those........as clear as mud.
                      I would suggest maybe adding someone to the staff with an English degree or communications degree, and make it priority for them to review all ingame messages/mail for clarity/grammar?
                      I also noticed the 'Lore' tab, not that anyone other than the true geeks read it, but it is gone this event. Not a bad thing as the last one, ugh, the grammar was absolutely horrendous and had a few typos. Now, I'm not the greatest with words either, that's why there is spellchecker and autocorrect, to at least catch some of the errors.......

I think you got something wrong, Dravoz. Only heavy spenders that usually refill energy packs more than twice a day are considered as 'player' to PG. We are definitely not in the 'player' list.

Comment

• Dravoz
                      Dravoz commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yes, my mistake.

Oh with Rubies, Right we should have known. Thanks for clearing that up EggToken
                    In reference to the message which was sent out... Your confidence is too high, this change hasn't effected this players experience at all, refilling energy is too expensive after the first 10 purchase. I'll be sticking to the one lot of 100 each day.

Comment

Working...
                    X