Announcement

Collapse

New Forums are now up!

Greetings Dragon Lords! Please visit our new forums at http://forums.wardragons.com! We're leaving this old forum up for a period of time to allow players to migrate over any important posts, but will eventually close them out. Please note that you will need to log in using your PocketID over on the new forum. You can also access them through the game by tapping on Settings > Forums!
See more
See less

Fortification event prizes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fortification event prizes

Ok so I'm not new to the game but I'm nowhere near as high as some players. BUT, I think the prizes need to be altered to benefit everyone. I'm a level 70 after 110k I have to reach 220k in order to receive another prize. That's incredibly hard to do in 4 days. I contacted the teams in charge and they said it would be beneficial if I write this post and get people to like it and give prizes in between so that it's not such a long stretch before recieving another prize. What do y'all think? I think there needs to be more prizes after 110k in between before 220k and no long stretches between prizes.

Prizes are just fine. A level 70 shouldn't be able to max out event unless he spends a crap ton of money (metric crap ton btw).

Some tips to help you out next event:
    - Save ALL of your speedups from event, runs, chests, etc. Everything. Save them all for this event. You have 1 month to save, get on it and stick to it
    - Save all of your lumber packs for larger upgrades
    - Start the event at the very beginning by doing large upgrades, then start farming your a$$ off to get more lumber for another huge upgrade. Use packs here if necessary
    - Wait until sunday/monday to finish off event when the rest of your team has used their speedups and has plenty of lumber available to transfer you
    - Upgrade Turrets & totems & flak cannons for even more points

I got past the 110k mark in the first 8 minutes of event i think, as did 20 of my other teammates. All you need is a bit of strategy

Comment

• Mechmike26
      Mechmike26 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm trying to get us more prizes. The whole thing is for them to see that we could use more prizes. I've already reached over 110k easily but I don't think I should have to wait til 220k for another

• EmrahT
      EmrahT commented
      Editing a comment
      You could add, prepare your turrets and flaks , so that you can use your shards directly.
      Or start up building a new turret or flak, because the shards will give very good amount of points with less speedups.
      And at least, to concentrate on farms aswell... because they need less buildtime, but still need good amount of food or lumber!
      Last edited by EmrahT; 04-20-2017, 01:00 PM.

• Mechengg
      Mechengg commented
      Editing a comment
      How do you "easily" reach 110k and say its "incredibly hard" to reach 220k? You obviously haven't saved your timers enough. No offense but that is the truth right?

Ive gotten 231k, 824k, 478k, 748k, 417k (and counting) in the past 5 fort events purely because i've either saved speedups or because i've had to spend them hatching dragons. I can tell you that during the 1st, 3rd and current event my scores are significantly lower because i was spending speedups on dragon hatching during breeding events to gain attack power and did not want to level too much.

I have spent $0 on all of these events and I think i was right around your level for the first fort event when i started tracking scores.

As for just wanting more prizes in general, of course all players want more prizes. But basically you are simply asking for a handout here. If you would rather make smaller prize tiers closer together, that is a proposal. If you just want more additional prizes and them to be every 50k points then that is not something that i'd support because there is no backing or good reason for PG to actually implement this. PG has to make a profit or it has to benefit them in SOME way for them to want to change this, you have given them nothing and have only asked for more items in return. Come back with a more well thought out plan instead of "hey i want more prizes, everybody support me" and then i will think about "liking" that post.

Thanks!

I'm all for more prizes, but unfortunately PG can be stingy with them at times. I fear that, even if they did add in a tier, they would decrease all prize tier contents to compensate for their added payout. Whether you can or can't easily reach any given tier - they're only going to give X total prizes for the event, regardless of how many tiers they break that total down into.

Comment

• odie1993
      odie1993 commented
      Editing a comment
      more prize tiers means crappier prizes per tier. itsjustjoe has it right

Plus, your a level 70 and shouldn't reach all the prizes. I am lvl157 and will not reach all the prizes.

I have to agree with mech about the prizing, whilst the tiers are steep not all players should be able to reach these tiers. Yes it would be great to get more prizes, won't argue with that. PG has always stated that last prize should only have a small percentage that hit this.

If if you want to achieve higher save and forge those timers, spend or skip an event to do better next time.

Comment

Originally posted by itsjustjoe View Post
      I'm all for more prizes, but unfortunately PG can be stingy with them at times. I fear that, even if they did add in a tier, they would decrease all prize tier contents to compensate for their added payout. Whether you can or can't easily reach any given tier - they're only going to give X total prizes for the event, regardless of how many tiers they break that total down into.
      Personally, I would be fine with that. Even if all the prize tiers combined = the same as they do now. I think the majority of players would be happier.

For example, say your a lower level sitting at the 100k tier and the next prize is the 200k tier but there's no way you can reach it. Why even participate anymorebin the event?

Now if the prize tier gaps never double in massive jumps and had altogether the same amount of rewards, yet you could reach a 120k tier mark for even slightly more rewards. Now wouldn't that keep players with something to do the rest of event instead of stopping because they are not sure if they can make the big gap and don't want to waste the items and not make it.

Comment

• itsjustjoe
        itsjustjoe commented
        Editing a comment
        I never said I was against the idea. In a comment to a post, the OP said, "I'm trying to get us MORE prizes." I was just illustrating that, even if they gave more TIERS, they aren't likely to give more PRIZES.

I'm with you - I face the same dilemma every fort/breed/feed event; I hit a given prize tier but know I can't reach the next, so I stop participating unless I can impact the team's position in the event rankings.

• Mechmike26
        Mechmike26 commented
        Editing a comment
        Exactly. I don't really want to participate anymore due to not being able to reach those tiers. I reached 110k in maybe and hour after that I realized I'll never reach the others. I'm not spending money on the game. I think we should receive more than 1 1hr speed up more than 1 12hr speed up. The point is to get everyone up and to have fun. I have people on my team who exceeded the top tier on the first day and now what do they do? There are no more prizes

Okay so did this happen? Because my prize tiers show 111k, 203k and 255k. No 110 and no 220.
      Which league are you in?

I agree with those saying that not all players should be reaching the top prizes and don't think PG needs to add extra prizes in the lower values.

Comment

• War fan
        War fan commented
        Editing a comment
        I think YellowMonkey was using those numbers for illustration purposes only (note the "for example").

Mine shows 111k and 203k too.

• SilentOne
        SilentOne commented
        Editing a comment
        Sure but if you read the original post it says "I'm a level 70 after 110k I have to reach 220k in order to receive another prize."

If anything, add more prizes to the end just like they did last week for the feeding event. Those extra high end prizes were a nice addition for players that far exceeded the original final prize. Every fort and breeding event, there are players that do more than the final prize tier and they should keep getting rewards for it.
      x7DeadlyGoobsx

Comment

Actually the jump from 720k to 1.70m to get more sigils is to "fine". there are 4 prizes that don't offer up any sigils at all ..

Comment

• defpolak
          defpolak commented
          Editing a comment
          Depending on the legendary reward offered helps determine if the push passed the 450 sigil is worth it also.

• IllyriaAus
          IllyriaAus commented
          Editing a comment
          that should say "not fine" ..... I hate this keyboard .....

• MareZ
          MareZ commented
          Editing a comment
          defpolak Legendary Archer resist isn't really motivating at all... from 720k points to 1,7mil to get 500 sigils is a huge jump, not worth it for me.
          But they added new tiers up to 10mil with 750 sigils now.
      Working...
      X