No announcement yet.

Feeding Event?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We've updated the prizing for this event, more info here.

Comment

EggToken - I haven't tagged you in this as a slap down just as a point of view. Yes I agree the 100% food production boost helps. An increase in the upper limit protection would also help. If it was all permanent.

The only warning I'd give to players is to remember that the 100% food boost that is on for this event is not permanent as far as I am aware. The increased protection limit increasing the protected amount from approximately 121k up to 352k due to the 200% Production & Protection boost I've applied (at least if I'm logged in) on my storage which helps when you are trying to feed 1 dragon 1m+ in food isn't a permanent thing either.

If you waste all your food packs on the useless dragons that for the most part you won't use you'll be in an even worse state at the end of the event. Unless PG comes good with a permanent fix and after all this time I'm not going to hold my breath. I could be cynical but I'm tipping they will turn everything off at the end of the event then anytime the topic comes up regarding the lack of food they will point to the event to say 'see there is no problem with food, people did so well in the event we had to add prize tiers....'
      Last edited by Jess; 2 weeks ago.

Comment

Ok so I was an extremely vocal critic of this event when it was announced. In hindsight I must echo what some others have said and say that it really wasn't that bad after all.

The good:

didn't spend any money so aside from food packs, ended up in credit for the event.
        managed 2 million points, the original max of the event.
        experted both mythic garnets, yes a fair few packs were Used but the food production really helped and there was a lot of food around.
        The phased start time of food production boosts meant had those who have no patience (hi) spaffed all their packs at the start but if you had no packs and were patient you could still participate to a fair extent later.

The bad:

ok so it's pretty boring but no worse than CTF
        the advertised amount during raiding is rarely the amount you get. Usually it's 0. Sometimes you get double (marvellous). I guess the lottery makes it more exciting (?) but wasting boosts and resists for 0 food sucks.
        Chest drops were awful. Hardly any food or sigils and the addition of so many crappy 100% boosts were not welcomed.
        The milestones - I understand the additional milestones were added for some players who scored a ton and that's fair enough. I just hope this isn't adjusted down through the other tiers for future feeding events. The original milestones were tough to achieve but doable and I hope they are kept as they are.

Finally, this event did help out those of us struggling to feed our dragons, but please don't run it too often! There is a genuine cap in this event as to what people can contribute. In that once all their dragons are experted or capped, they can only contribute via their perch and that isn't great.

Comment

• Indi123
          Indi123 commented
          Editing a comment
          This ^^ I was thinking the same about a 'live food protection' indicator. That would be sweet.

• Skittles
          Skittles commented
          Editing a comment
          I get a warning of players hitting me when I have already used my food. Maybe it's just the server being slow. Or maybe they went offline while waiting for their food to come in, then came back on to feed it. I go offline for part of the 20 minutes to play another game then come back on because it is boring to do nothing but wait. The food boost works for me, but what I noticed is that it must show the protected amount as being unprotected for the raider - seeing as they get 0.

• Indi123
          Indi123 commented
          Editing a comment
          It's common case that there is an issue with the food protection item and it shows large amount of food available but when you hit you get nothing, it has been that way since the item was introduced and is acknowledged by PG if you submit a ticket. In my bookmarks I had 5 or so players showing 100k+ food. All offline. Each one I hit I got 0. I believe this is during those players sleep times as outside of feeding I hit them almost daily for food and raid successfully.

Originally posted by Indi123 View Post

Finally, this event did help out those of us struggling to feed our dragons, but please don't run it too often! There is a genuine cap in this event as to what people can contribute. In that once all their dragons are experted or capped, they can only contribute via their perch and that isn't great.

the real impact wont be seen for a while, though. I fear that a great many players simply fed lower tier dragons throughout the event, sometimes using packs to do so, just to score points and to keep the food from being raided, so that this event and the food boost really did nothing to help the piles and piles of starving dragons and might actually harm the food economy in the long run because so many players used up food packs during the event that otherwise would have been saved and used to feed their top drags at a later date.

at best I'm guessing many players used food packs and their time (to get xp) to get their top 1-3 drags maxed out, but there were probably too many gating items (need another evo stone for a seasonal divine, need to add more den levels, need to breed another sapphire or garnet or emerald dragon to unlock more levels, etc) for most players to get their top drags fed. that leaves lower tier drags and food to the perch for points, when normally that food might have been transferred to teammates or raided for someone to feed a top drag.

maybe this event plus the increase to farm levels and the usual food boost during breed events overall will help to improve the food economy we'll just have to wait and see, I guess.

I'd like to believe these are legit efforts being made to fix the food economy but my experience and distrust leads me to believe that it was more revenue oriented after the emerald drags were released and many top spenders already spent their time and food to max out one or more emeralds and thus had to find another way to score points during this event, which could have included speeding up a hatching or using timers elsewhere to unlock drag levels or buying chests to get sigils to unlock more evo stones, etc. and that it was geared towards trying to clear out some of the food pack inventory that players might have had, perhaps in anticipation for upcoming release of the emerald mythics. we'll see, I guess.

Comment

• NukSooAL
          NukSooAL commented
          Editing a comment
          You know I'm a low level my choices where level crap dragons or use a ton of speeds to uncap my den 1 or 2 times I chose the former.

• MareZ
          MareZ commented
          Editing a comment
          Well atleast for me the useful dragons of the tier I'm currently in (Sapphire) always come first, I rather use a bunch of XP potions or do extra XP runs on my Sapphire Mythic to feed it than feeding gold/plat tier dragons.
          But I did feed some old dragons later on to reach the 2mil points.

• Indi123
          Indi123 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yea don't get me wrong I'm sure they saw dollar signs when they came up with it 😂 itll be interesting to see the effect of new farm levels, I hope the transfer limit is increased accordingly.

I enjoyed the event for 1 hit the.

Comment

2 ml mark. 84 expert dragons!

Comment

Working...
          X