Feeding Event?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feeding Event?

Is it really a feeding event in a few days time? That is absolutely insane, we are having troubles feeding high level dragons on our team regardless of this event, now food is going to be even more scarce.

Also more notice would be significantly appreciated, i have fed 90% of my dragons over the past while because i was told that this event was non-existent anymore. So now i have to go out and bank XP on all my dragons hard this next week just to be able to get points.

Also, what do you think my team mates are going to do? A lot of them in the 63-83 range have every single one of their dragons base capped due to player level and literally can't feed any dragons without leveling their base up a few levels. Notice would give them time to actually upgrade their bases while NOT feeding their dragons so they could score more than the points gained by feeding their perch dragons.

COMMUNICATION PLEASE GUYS!!

Mechengg you know they are not going to communicate shit to us. Further, short notice will make people spend money so why would they give advanced warning.

Now, actually bringing this event back in the same form is beyond stupid. There is still a food shortage for large feed dragons and this will creat an even greater famine.

I have given up that PG has any desire to make any of its customers happy.

Comment

Where'd you get that info from? It would be really surprising for them to run two minors back to back.

Comment

How reliable is that?

Comment

• NukSooAL
        NukSooAL commented
        Editing a comment
        Damn TBH I'd rather they where doing the fort early then This crap

• Argonaut
        Argonaut commented
        Editing a comment
        Solid guess Mechengg. Also said a new battle event was in the works, maybe prepping for that?

• SuavGlav
        SuavGlav commented
        Editing a comment
        Reviving an old, poorly planned, food-economy-unsustainable event to buy time to fix what they broke on purpose to roll out new dragons to appease three dozen players as fast as possible?

Sounds right.

Knowing the general issues with food in game, as well as having stated quite a while back that this event likely would not return, maybe there will be an interesting twist of some kind this time...? Let's not get up in arms until we know the details. For once? Maybe?

Comment

• MrJonesy
        MrJonesy commented
        Editing a comment
        It'd be nice to have more info. Ingame FAQ has 0 info on a "Feeding Event". All I can find on the forums regarding the feeding event is that is sucks and kills the food economy for a long time.

Sorry, just started playing in January. If this wonderful lack of communication and lack of fixing game problems continues, I won't make it to next January. I'd just like to know the particulars regarding this supposed Feeding Event.

• Mechengg
        Mechengg commented
        Editing a comment
        You get points for spending food to feed dragons similar to the fort event with wood and towers. Similar concept.

You also get points this time for feeding perches and for using rubies to transfer xp to dragons apparently. That's what was said, not confirmed yet though

This is so tone deaf. PG, why? At least pretend you care about your players.

Comment

I thought it was going to be a combination XP/feeding event

Comment

• Marvin Lamb
          Marvin Lamb commented
          Editing a comment
          Where do you see that in the announcement?

• MareZ
          MareZ commented
          Editing a comment
          Actually Marvin Lamb is right, they did announce recently that they wanted to do a mix of XP and Feeding... never thought the XP part would be for rubies only.

• cbwolfe
          cbwolfe commented
          Editing a comment
          It's 100% consistent with the last time they ran feed. They said it involved XP then, too, but it was the purchase of XP.

It's hard to believe that everyone has all their low level dragons expert.
        So what you won't get good points this weekend.
        But im guessing there are lots of players that have low level dragons at breeding level.
        And I'm also guessing a lot of high level players will fall into that category. It will probably only take them 3 multiplier runs to get enough XP so they are expert especially with the high amount of XP they get each run.
        The only fall back is you have to work harder to find food.
        Just for once guys suck it up and have fun with this event.

Comment

• Marvin Lamb
          Marvin Lamb commented
          Editing a comment
          You have know that is a totally unreasonable request, right? The chains and whips will be out a flailing away for a few days.

• Captainhook_0
          Captainhook_0 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah I do. But it was worth a try.

• VentureBros
          VentureBros commented
          Editing a comment
          After the event in which you could only use specific egg colors through ten bases I began to level all my old dragons. BTW, I enjoyed that event. My lizards are all expert through green with only a few gold left and I'm in platinum. That event and this feeding event contradicts each other from the planning perspective. Level your dragons / don't level your dragons... make up your mind.

I'm frustrated with the game now. I hope the food used on the perch compensates for my lack of level able dragons.

Running this event is going to have people scared to upgrade their dragons for the next two months after it

Comment

• NukSooAL
          NukSooAL commented
          Editing a comment
          hope your right
          Last edited by NukSooAL; 2 weeks ago.

• CaptainC
          CaptainC commented
          Editing a comment
          I still have dragons in storage that can level a few times I have never fed from when they used to run this event before. Hated it then, hate it now.

• Bear
          Bear commented
          Editing a comment
          Maybe that is their plan to fix the food economy. If everybody is afraid to level their dragons because of this event there will be plenty of food around.

Hmm...run an event on a food starved economy about food that pg hasn't fixed for a year.

or run black bloods and make everyone happy to have a break and get decent prizes.

naw, pg never aims to help their customers.

Comment

• SilentOne
          SilentOne commented
          Editing a comment
          Blackbloods would be a brilliant event to run over long weekends.

Interesting backwards step to alleviate the food crisis PG.

Return an event which causes many people to 'wonder when the next feeding event is'. So half the game's population stops feeding.
        This in turn increases the available food for the rest of us who chose to level dragons at a steady pace.
        Unfortunately every so often those of us who feed will be slightly disadvantaged in an event so therefore get less sigils towards event dragons.

Could we have an explanation from PG EggToken, PGJared, CampusLifer as to why this event was brought back.
        What is different about it and why you think it will help the food economy to re-introduce this event?

Comment

I swear before Joe left we were promised they were trying to work the bugs out of the xp event but that we would never see the feeding event again.

In case PG didn't get the memo. Most of us HATE THIS EVENT!
          What, me worry?

Comment

Since when does PG care what those who keep the game alive want? DO NOT SPEND A DIME THIS EVENT and it will never come back.

Comment

• vin28
            vin28 commented
            Editing a comment
            Like i said in the other thread, according to PG it is the perfect time, the whales just bred all the emeralds in the breeding event giving them $$ Also there is obviously no food to hunt for emeralds. So guess what the whales will do? Yep hatch all those birds with timers and stuff em with rubies and food packs giving PG $$ again. The whales feed dragons with rubies and packs anyway so they wont mind it at all. They will be happy cause they will benefit from what they always do.

As a side benefit it will wipe out any foodpacks people have been hoarding which they will use to train old dragons that were breeders. Now you have nothing to feed your top dragons next week when you upgrade your den and uncap the dragons. The effect of this will be a famine + no food packs, since everyone has new baby dragons and the week after more will be uncapped. So some more $$ from mid level spenders who want to stay competitive.

The people with low level dragons i.e less than gold can feed their dragons easily so they will be happy.
            FTP players who cares about them they can sit this event out events are optional anyway right?

Only low level spenders with platinum or greater dragons and highly active non spenders/ex spenders will be against this.

So you see this has been very well planned out.

• NukSooAL
            NukSooAL commented
            Editing a comment
            vin28 except a lot of whales already experted some emerald during the breeding event I'm sure they are less pleased about this event then free players

Wardragons.info is a solid source. Event announcement on Monday almost every time. She's a creators faction member so the info is given direct from PG. As far as it being mentioned by PG. It was mentioned on the forum a while back. Adore the post on Twitter so she's probably better at passing the info on than PG lol.
          Its a test to see if people like it being back. I don't, personally. I think the old XP event would be better.

Comment

• Bear
            Bear commented
            Editing a comment
            Adored is a he.

Side note - following regular pattern would've given a battle event. Over a holiday weekend.. Would've loved to have seen Blackbloods. But I'm betting they've gone passive to give them an extra week to finish up the new BB event. Calling it now, next week new event.

Comment

Working...
          X