Announcement

Collapse

New Forums are now up!

Greetings Dragon Lords! Please visit our new forums at http://forums.wardragons.com! We're leaving this old forum up for a period of time to allow players to migrate over any important posts, but will eventually close them out. Please note that you will need to log in using your PocketID over on the new forum. You can also access them through the game by tapping on Settings > Forums!
See more
See less

Tug of War (capture the flag) event is not enjoyable

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tug of War (capture the flag) event is not enjoyable

Hi all,

I dont know how you guys feel, but i really start to dislike this event. I am level 101 in a platinum league and its just boooooooring. one has to scedule a 4 hours window in the day for this event to get reasonable points. and then you just hit base after base, and it just makes no fun at all. A easy way around this would be a multiplicative valor and time boost in order to make a super attack not a absolute waste of energy. here an example for maxed time boost and great valor active:

20 energy are consumed in 5 normal attacks on bases giving 100 points:
    5 x 100 x (1(normal attack)+1(time boost)+1(valor)= 5 x 100 x 3 =1500 points

20 energy in a super attack with additive boosts:

1 x 100 x (4(super attack)+1(time boost)+1(valor)= 1 x 100 x 6)=600 points. 900 less than with normal attacks, thats 40% of normal attacks and not the ususal 80 %.

How could it be better?

like this:

20 energy are consumed in 5 normal attacks on bases giving 100 points:
    5 x 100 x (1(normal attack) x (1+1(time boost)+1(valor))= 5 x 100 x 3 =1500 points

20 energy in a super attack with multiplicative boosts:

1 x 100 x (4(super attack) x (1+1(time boost)+1(valor)= 1 x 100 x 12)=1200 points. That would be the usual 80% of max points for a super attack.

This event is boring like this. It is getting work and not fun.

Please change something about that.

Greetings

Zoda

• Panda
    replied
    lol they don't give a shit. You're going to get some canned response of how they are going to look at it. And then nothingπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Leave a comment:

• white00devil
    replied
    Same topics over and over starts to get boring

Leave a comment:

• Enilon
    replied
    4 hour is to long bring down 2 hours then break in between them

Leave a comment:

• Lutrus
    commented on 's reply
    Excellent, EhmrahT! Giving them the opportunity to be more transparent! Hopefully they can follow through... πŸ‘€

• Brigitte25
    replied
    It is fun for our newer players. I don't mind it, except it is too long.

Leave a comment:

• EmrahT
    replied
    PGJared Echo EggToken CampusLifer

Now where is topic is up again you should give people some information .

After you PG Team increased many things in event and sigilline... Will you now give us something better this event ?
    Maybe a decreased pointtier ? Easier points, more to gain ? Some bonus after so much problems overall ?

I would like if some people who have responsibility answer and give us informations please.

Leave a comment:

• GBill
    replied
    I have to also comment that the Tug of War event is easily the worst of the events.

Leave a comment:

• ZodaTheFrog
    replied
    EggToken will we have the same pain as everytime?

Leave a comment:

• Slytha
    replied
    i made a similar post: no response from PG either. they dont care if the players enjoy their events or not. if an event creates revenue its a good event according to PG...

Leave a comment:

• ZodaTheFrog
    replied
    Noone of pg wants to reply here just for the sake of we see what you say but we will ignore it?
    ​​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• NukSooAL
    commented on 's reply
    In other events I'll use supers to, tug of war is brutal I had 2m medals last week from grinding this event lol. but my point about supers in general was it is basically gambling right but when you increase your bet you decrease your winnings

• Mechengg
    commented on 's reply
    Oh, i see. I think it's a fair trade off in order to save significant time in the game. You can save 80% of the time you spend in the event, so if that is worth 20% of the points to you then its a trade off that the individual player is willing to make.

My hatred of this event is that for the 80% of time you save in this event, you also lose ~60% of the points or so i believe. That is a huge trade off to me as a free player, i'd rather grind away with my few measely energy packs that i have saved up rather than have the inconvenience. I'd love if they would at least offer the super attacks at the 20% reduced points trade off that they offer in other events. I might be more inclined to use that feature at a certain point if i'm going to exceed my 450 sigil target each event. Save myself a bit of in game time

• vin28
    commented on 's reply
    I am not ok with super attacks giving 20% less. But we are forced to use this because just don't have time to spend 200 energy which is the least you have to spend to get any sort of decent points due to valor and bonus meter.

200/4 = 50 attacks (tedious)
    50atk *4min/atk = 3Hr 20mins
    If the points dont reflect you have to close and reopen the event which can increase the time required to 4hours at a stretch (within a 6 hr window they provide so you cant just start whenever) I am sure if you have ever tried this you will have a cramped hand by the end.
    Now you choose for how many rounds in an event you want to/can do this.

200/20 = 10 attacks
    10atk *4min/atk = 40mins (with event restarts 50mins) This is more manageable

So you see they are pitching value of our time against us. They are just giving us more reasons to sit out of events thats all....

• NukSooAL
    commented on 's reply
    I understand that and that this is the worst super value out of all major events but if you reread what I wrote my gripe is with supers in general and not just in this event.
Working...
X