Breeding and Fortification Events

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breeding and Fortification Events

Breeding and Fortification, both once a month is getting so very boring!

Why? It is necessary for progression

Comment

It's not necessary for progression, we can breed or build at anytime and progress at any pace we chose!
      They're both filler events which are not actually necessary, so should be in the rotation less often.

Comment

• NinAK
        NinAK commented
        Editing a comment
        My comment disappeared... this one will be shorter

I prefer the current layout for breed and forts

• Marvin Lamb
        Marvin Lamb commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree NinAK. I can gather plenty of speedups and tokens in a month. Need each event once a month to feel like I am making some progress.

• EmrahT
        EmrahT commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree they are not necessary, we could do something else for...
        But probably that events would require much more stuff... maybe we would have to pay even more then now...
        Well in past XP event or this Blackbloods with 30-40 stages... was a nice filler...

Then don't participate in them?

Me personally, it's a very good time frame for such events because it gives me 2-4 weeks to breed and train my leg gold/platinum dragons to be breedable for the next event, and the fort portion gives my the means to increase my base level to make my dragons breedable. Maybe once i get to a higher level they will be a large deterrent, but for now at my player level i think they are just fine.

Comment

• SilentOne
        SilentOne commented
        Editing a comment
        There is the problem, you have to participate in them because of the prizes being beneficial to help further you in the game!

Agree it works for a certain group in the right levels, but it's neither suitable for many below, or above that level.

Moreso though, it's not necessary to have an event every month for something which people should be doing regularly to progress anyway.
        For some they stall their progression waiting for these events just so they get points. For others, they only get half a dragon anyway because they are too close together.

• LordKaiS
        LordKaiS commented
        Editing a comment
        gold and plat, hummmm, maybe wait till you start breeding Sap drags then rethink about your comment. if you can save up 125 k eggs in 3 weeks without spending, then please let me know what your method is to collect those eggs. and that's just for legendary Sap, Mythic is 200k, so.......3 weeks, 200K, please let me know by then if the 3 week time frame works for you. even for gold legendary, 100K eggs are not easy to save up.

Don't participate you say...so how do you expect people to advance in the season? and please don't say "you don't have to", we are talking about the frequency of these minor events. not "if you do/don't participate". It is not just the eggs/woods you need to save up, you also need to save up speed ups. without participating in event to get gems, how do you suppose one player get speed ups to progress in breed/fort? forge them? that takes longer than the actual speed ups itself LMAO
        Last edited by LordKaiS; 03-21-2017, 09:04 AM.

• Mechengg
        Mechengg commented
        Editing a comment
        LordKaiS
        You do know that you can spend the tokens you earn in that 4 weeks (yes 4 week, not 3) on PART of a dragon right? It's not one of those things where you have to save it all up and spend it all in one shot. It is probably even better for season prizes to spread it out and get an even amount of points each event since early individual prizes actually contain quite a few sigils and other useful items.

Your entire argument is based around saving up 100, 125, 200k / an exorbitant amount of tokens between breeding periods and that really isn't the case here...If you can save up 70k per month (that is somewhat reasonable isn't it for a very active free player like yourself?) then it takes you 2 months for a legendary sapphire or 3 months for a mythic sapphire. How and when you spend those tokens is completely up to you and your own calculations, you can either spend the 70k per month/event and get the points or you can save them all up for one event at the end.

These events have absolutely nothing to do with your ability to save tokens unless you are at a stage where you require 100k for breeding legendary golds and you can only save up 80k that month, then it makes a difference if the events are 4 or 6 weeks apart as to when you get your dragon fully bred, it still has no impact on event points that you earn.

When you need 125 k plus token just to start sapphire you'll be bitching!!!!

Comment

• NukSooAL
        NukSooAL commented
        Editing a comment
        As far as breeding events are concerned Platinum is a pain too.

• Isaiah264
        Isaiah264 commented
        Editing a comment
        But then you can look at it as you have 2 months between breeding events and the middle one could be a weekend off to do other things. I am in the same boat now where all the dragons are at 125K+. I have just resigned myself to the fact that there will be breeding events that I will take no part in.

Or 200k

Comment

Yes perhaps! And I stated that in my reply.

Think of the other side of the coin where 80-90% of the players in this game land though as well, they are all glad that these events are at this time frame. How many level 132+ players are there compared to level 84 and below? The only time this becomes a real problem (too close) is sapphire and beyond. And the other time it is a problem (not soon enough) is red through green tier.

This game isn't just about you, either put tokens towards your dragon or save them up for one event all at once. Your choice. You still get points if you spend tokens, doesn't matter on the final outcome and how many dragons you get.

Comment

• Mechengg
          Mechengg commented
          Editing a comment
          This game isn't just about me either. It isn't about a single player. So please hear me out before all jumping to semantics and "contradictions" i have posted.

I'm NOT going to go all PlayerJ on you guys here but here is my take on it:

- Low level players MAY still like the fact that breeding and fort events are once a month each, they may also wish that they were closer together like i used to. This lets them progress through the game at a more consistent pace rather than huge jumps every month. A lot of players try their best to save up for these events so they can help their team during events. This is my take from this stage in the game, i was all about points in events to help the team and to get rewards in events.

- Mid level players MAY think that a month between events is an adequate time and shouldn't be any closer together or further apart. This is the stage that i am at right now so that is my comment and how it relates to me. I have just enough time to train legendary gold dragons/epic platinums between breeding events in order to keep on my breeding path and it pushes me to go in game every day to keep up with my multipliers on every dragon. I think this is a good thing to do.

- High level players MAY think that a month is too close because they want to be able to save up their tokens and spend them in one single event rather than have to score 0 points in every 1/2 or 2/3 events. I haven't experienced this yet so it is entirely out of my wheelhouse. However the point i am trying to make is that it isn't mandatory that you save up all of your tokens for a single event is it? You can spread the tokens out over several breeding events and earn points in each.

I hate to do this but I have to put an example up here:
          Say you earn 70k tokens a month for clear numbers sake and you are set to breed a mythic sapphire dragon (195k tokens). You can either save up all tokens for 3 months/breeding events and blow your load in a single event hoping to maximize points, or you can spend 70k tokens per event, earn a modest amount of points, and still take the exact same 3 months to get the dragon.

How does having these events every month HURT you as a player?
          Or would you rather just nobody have this event every month so that there is a higher chance for higher level players to max out breeding and fort events while not hurting your season prize standings? Just curious what the reason is behind you having a problem with it occurring

• War fan
          War fan commented
          Editing a comment
          Mechengg

It isn't so much the spacing (it used to be 6 to 8 weeks apart, depending on what else PG did).

Rather, it's the fact that there are only TWO minor events, both of which really last far too long (6 days?!?!?). It's monotonous.

There used to be an intervening event (xp training, food training, to name just 2), which means they came once every 6 weeks. It also broke up the monotony of just 2 events. After all, look at the major events: how many are there now?

They really need another minor event.

• Mechengg
          Mechengg commented
          Editing a comment
          Okay that is a fair comment.

I do agree that a fortification or breeding event is long in duration, but honestly some people need the time. Next event i'm hoping to breed a dragon, train it all the way up to breeding and then do the next step of my breeding path rather than waiting another month to continue on. If i had 2 or 3 days to do it, it would be impossible, but with 5 days i should be able to squeak by in time and get over double the points and keep my breeding and fort events in line.

Maybe they could throw in one of those older events or even the mish-mash olympics event that was 8 days long and contained a bit of each event in it. That would allow people to keep breeding and fortifying if they wished while still earning points/rewards.

If they did a fortification or breeding event every 3 months a lot of people would wait 3 months to improve.PG would have to remove those event types completely and make it clear they won't be returning becauseI remember people still refusing to upgrade they're dragons months after training was removed from the rotation

Comment

Great thoughts all, thank you for keeping it positive and making good points.
          I also say a player can breed or build whenever they want, I would rather have any other event added to just space them out a little, even two weeks. I miss the original Blackbloods event. To me it seems like it would be a good "minor" event to add to the breeding and building. People will say, PG can't generate revenue with it and that may be why we haven't seen it for so long.
          thanks
          lu😉

Comment

• EmrahT
            EmrahT commented
            Editing a comment
            Yea true,.. i miss it too... it was the only event i was able to win greatly high amounts with less payment...
            Sadly thats the reason why it wont be so easy to expect it back,... similar to xp event...

I personally prefer less frequent breeding and fortification events.
          For breeding, it's very hard to save up 125k within a month. And I'm a very active, f2p player. The most I can get in a month is 90k (including from chests opened during breeding event), which is nothing for Sapphire tier dragons. And after breeding that dragon, I have to wait for an awful long period of time to get my dragon out, train it to breedable (maybe it will take a two or three weeks). Then ditch that poor dragon again.
          And for fortifying the base, it's vital to upgrade your base routinely. But with the crazy wait time (20d and more), some have to plan which one to build during off-event so that it will finish by the time the next fortification comes. And during fortification, some will level 10-30 levels, which will make them grow too big and the old tier dragons cannot support them anymore

So please put more minor events in between to make it's more fun to play

Comment

• Dakhunter
            Dakhunter commented
            Editing a comment
            As far as scoring points in event. 125k only gives you 12.5k points. Unless you have lots of mystic fragments, it won't help you much.
            And after one Sapphire is done, you need to store another 125k for another Sapphire. So having one Sapphire wont help much for the next 2-3 breeding.
            I have anapa and he won't help me advance to the next Sapphire dragon. I need another two pairs of platinum to breed

• Saint7860
            Saint7860 commented
            Editing a comment
            I know a lot of high levels breed out side of event, only way to get garnets any more.

• Dakhunter
            Dakhunter commented
            Editing a comment
            I wish i could breed outside of event Saint7860. The problem is I dont have enough tokens to do anything

I remember the good old days when breeding event only comes once every 2-3 months. The anticipation and the excitement when it actually arrives was great, and by the time it comes around, you have so many drags expert and they are actually your "best drags". Unlike nower days, ppl just breed their drags to breeding lvl just so that the next tier opened up, many drags are neglected and sitting 3-4 lvls below expert. Now the frequency just make these two minor events became a chore, a regularity.There is no more excitements no more anticipation. They sucked the fun out of breed/fort in my opinion.

Comment

• Dakhunter
            Dakhunter commented
            Editing a comment
            Hugin is the last one i could expert. My khrysos is sitting at lv29 with 5M xp, sekoronos at lv28 with 6M xp as well, kaiju at lv25, kelvin 29. So many more i can't list because of the huge food constraint and the constant release of new dragons . Now i only train dragons to breedable then ditch (vulcan only 12 when i abandoned him)

• LordKaiS
            LordKaiS commented
            Editing a comment
            NukSooAL Dakhunter that is one of the underlying issues of having breeding event too frequently as well, because ppl keeps on breeding and more lineage being opened, if breeding even isn't as frequent, ppl have more time to save eggs, and less dragons need to feed between breeding, assuming some will expert their drags faster than the other. Food drought would not be as bad as today.

• Mizku
            Mizku commented
            Editing a comment
            a couple lvls under expert? the last dragon I experted was Amarok.. my greens are 20 or under, my gold legendaries are sitting at 15-16.. and I feel like I dont need to feed them, I feel like if I feed them higher, it's a waste. my event dragons are just as good, if not better than my golds would be after feeding them 10+ levels.. I might as well work with what I have, and get platinums going, at least those dragon are going to last a bit longer, as sapphire wall is going to hit hard.

My suggestion is merging breeding and fortification into one event so it will occur every 2 weeks, now you can build a little breed a little. will make the game progression a lot smoother.

Comment

I'm fine with having these events every 4 weeks.

Also I wonder why so many think sapphire and garnet is so bad for breeding events... I rather breed one sapphire or half a mythic than going through the struggle of lower tiers breeding one cheaper dragon and then pushing hard to get it to breeding level to go on breeding.

Currently those events are a gift, I get prizes for doing what the game was made for. What I hate are the burnout grinds in energy events. Really the only events that rewarded me for doing something useful was the XP event. Everything else is either grinding your ass off for bad XP and no RSS or blowing all your tokens/lumber on a day that I would otherwise use everyday.

If you want to change anything, you would have to get rid of all breeding and fort events and give us something that rewards us for a similar amount of time spent or something fun like Original Blackbloods, XP events or something new without energy or IF or other money grabs.
            Last edited by MareZ; 03-25-2017, 08:46 AM.
            MareZ ~ lvl20X ~ Garnet Tier Dragons

Important Threads to find everything you need

Comment

• LordKaiS
              LordKaiS commented
              Editing a comment
              you know that's never gonna happen because breeding and fort are the money cows, also taking out of energy and IF from the equation, how are they gonna make ppl pay for gold chests? money talks brother LMAO
          Working...
          X