Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wars and events

PGJared EggToken

Why are wars disabled when the armory opens? Shouldn't it at least be able to declare wars up until the battle portion of a "major" event? Essentially every other week there is only ONE DAY where wars can be done. In my opinion, it's not enough.

"War" Dragons...
    MareZ ~ lvl19X ~ Garnet Tier Dragons

Important Threads to find everything you need

Comment

• Cameron90
      Cameron90 commented
      Editing a comment
      Soon it will be Boat Dragons or Event Boats or Boat Events

it is only disabled during major events, and between major events there are 2 weeks in between, you can war day and night during that time even during minor events. I personally think its alright, I rather go chest hunting than war TBH, because now defense counter is on, I want to stay around to defend so you can help win war, so that kills most of the time that will enable me to go chest hunting. Unless you are in diamond, don't think wars are happening too often in Sap, apparently Plat is still relatively active with war progress, and gold and silver is where all the crazy wars are going on as per playerJ, so maybe gold league is where the place to be if you want war all day long base on playerJ's opinion .
    Last edited by LordKaiS; 03-17-2017, 06:18 AM.

Comment

• YellowMonkey
      YellowMonkey commented
      Editing a comment
      Going to have to agree with you. Since wars are turned off only during major events, that means wars are only turned off roughly 5 out of 14 days. Plenty of time to War for those that want to. Either way, most teams don't War even when they are turned on. So I don't see any harm in having wars 24/7.

Really, I think the most active league should have top vote on something like this. So, whether wars are turned off or on affects diamond imo more than any other league.

Meaning...in sapphire we have only had like 2 wars in the last month. So Wars being on all the time wouldn't affect us at all.

Originally posted by LordKaiS View Post
    it is only disabled during major events, and between major events there are 2 weeks in between, you can war day and night during that time even during minor events. I personally think its alright, I rather go chest hunting than war TBH, because now defense counter is on, I want to stay around to defend so you can help win war, so that kills most of the time that will enable me to go chest hunting. Unless you are in diamond, don't think wars are happening too often in Sap, apparently Plat is still relatively active with war progress, and gold and silver is where all the crazy wars are going on as per playerJ, so maybe gold league is where the place to be if you want war all day long base on playerJ's opinion .
    EggToken I feel like wars are happening less because there is no incentive to do them and I am sure the boats will fix that...not really.

Comment

• EggToken
      EggToken commented
      Editing a comment
      We're bouncing a few ideas around on how to make wars more relevant.

Wars are irrelevant in Sapphire. Very very few have any intention of moving up to diamond and the spoils of war (a few egg tokens) are not worth the trouble and certainly not equal to the use of expendables (boosts, hammers, etc) used in wars. If wars are a serious part of the game, the spoils should be worth something more

Comment

Originally posted by Panda View Post

EggToken I feel like wars are happening less because there is no incentive to do them and I am sure the boats will fix that...not really.
      something else to consider is that aside from prob the top 5-10 diamond teams I'm not sure there's a lot of incentive to even be in diamond other than pride.

Wars are harder and require more time and consumables for paltry gains

battle events are drastically more difficult with no increase in personal prizes compared to other leagues and not much of a difference in team prizes

daily tokens is 100 more a day so it only takes 2000 days (or approx 2-3 years) for that to translate to a free sapphire mythic assuming you don't lose any wars. Lol how sad.

I'm not going to say anymore but it just gets worse from here.

Comment

• Panda
        Panda commented
        Editing a comment
        Wait...you mean that hours and all the boosts spent for 5 egg tokens when doing a mission that takes all of 5 min returns basically 8 times that amount doesn't make sense???

• MareZ
        MareZ commented
        Editing a comment
        Don't forget that being in Diamond also gives you access to much better event team prizes.

Wars are irrelevant in war dragons. not doing them is extremely more cost effective in terms of time boosts and defensive boosts than actually doing them.

Before tne defense counter 3-5 wars a day everyday was the norm in diamond. After the defense counter and people wised up to the fact that wars are nothing but a drain on valuable resources like sleep, I'd say many teams in diamond dropped to 3-5 times a week.

Nothing more boring about this game than sitting there and.....waiting for a defense banner that may or may not pop up, depending on if the other team is cheating or not. Which pg doesn't care about either.

Comment

• SuavGlav
        SuavGlav commented
        Editing a comment
        Don't forget waiting for the banners you can't actually follow within 24 hours of an update because the attacker is on an old version and PG won't disable wars during the App Store update rollout because it just wouldn't be fair...

EggToken PGJared Echo CampusLifer
      PG Team should not just give out egg tokens out as prices...
      Good, that is between teams to steal them... but it should be like... that PG give out a additional price treasure... For winner large , and for looser smaller one...

That pack could have many items in them... like boosts, and defend boost,healing potions, xp packs and food packs for example... or similar to them... probably spells too..
      The reason is simple... you use so much stuff in just 1 war... many boost, spells, ofc dragons use food... loose fights aswell ( In higher leagues its harder).... that the winner shouldnt be a LOOSER anyway too...
      That is the case in a war... the is no winner in no case! .......Using that time for normal easy runs, will gain you more prices, and during some events event chest with chance of many egg token too.

Thats why.. similar to that extra treasure from events... winners can get a goldpack treasure and loosers a silver one... so both get something in revenge...
      And most important... because of that, where you win that stuff from wars... you take them completly out of chests from events... so that we get useful prices instead of things like defend boost or boost which we never want...

What do you think PG Team ? Had you something like this as idea , which you want to implement ?
      Last edited by EmrahT; 03-19-2017, 03:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X