No announcement yet.

Banned Account

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I introduced a friend to this game, he played for perhaps 2/3 weeks and got banned for the same thing. He showed me the response and it's similar to what campus wrote with the acception that a defence tower had levelled before the timer had completed. Now I know cheaters will never admit they did anything wrong but he swore to my face he has no idea how it happened and is adamant he never changed the time on his phone. We both at first thought he may have been banned for his name (IGN - gingerpiss (yes he's ginger) but when the reason given catched us both by surprise. I asked him if he had change the time for any reason and he said no. The only issues he had had was connection and the game kept needing to be restarted.

im not saying there aren't cheats out there and I personally am grateful that PG have a tough policy with dealing with them. What I am comcerned about is if there is a glitch that is getting players banned for no reason of there own. I'm also concerned about the death sentence for all policy, a single minor offence should be punished perhaps with a month ban or an equivalent time equal to the time that their cheat gained them and on top of that having to accept mandatory secondary monitoring software. If someone comes clean then yes I believe in second chances but I think they should also confess when they started cheating and their account should be reset to then if PG think their lying about when they started then no reset Is offered and ban stays in place. Any consecutive offence then entails a permanent ban.

there should be scaling for offences- one punishment fits all is not good.

Minor -
    No large effect or advantage was gained. E.g only minimum quantities of resources or boosts gained due to time change
    No other player effected by the cheats actions, e.g no bases destroyed, land gained resources stolen which would not have been possible without the cheat.

Major -
    repeated attempts at cheating,
    any cheat which directly effects other players actively or passively.
    any cheat which is a deliberate attempt at or successful alteration of game boundaries.
    any cheat which is a deliberate attempt at or successful alteration of dragons, towers, in game currency, resource, boosts, timers,

im sure there are things I will have missed and as such the above scaling is just an example.
    Last edited by Mer1in; 3 weeks ago.

Comment

• MareZ
      MareZ commented
      Editing a comment
      Very nice post, absolutely agree on scaling punishments for offences similar to most countries' legal/judgement systems.

I have found indisputable proof that my Wi-Fi was hacked on one of the devices connected to my network. I submitted this evidence to PG, WD, last week, with photos of the evidence. To date, they have not responded to this email.

I live in Northeastern USA. My cell service is iffy on our property, so I have the cell connected to Wi-Fi network, Wi-Fi calling supplements my cell service. I found pictures taken within a few days of my ban that are tagged with locations in Australia and Asia. The pictures were taken in my back yard. These time differences would have both been significant differences to my time zone! The location tag on the photos has these two locations recorded.These two locations fall on two different calendar days. I don't know how many days my Wi-Fi was compromised, because I didn't take pictures everyday.

I was just looking for a picture I had taken of our new washing machine, to post for a review on BEST BUY'S web site, when I found these.

As I said War Dragons hasn't responded. It's been 5 days since I sent the email.
    Last edited by m'Lady; 3 weeks ago.

Comment

• Jeff8682
      Jeff8682 commented
      Editing a comment
      Their are apps that can spoof your location which makes the phone think it is in a location other than the actual one. The Pokemon Go game recently has made them extremely popular and most are easy enough for even a novice user to install.

UTC is an universal time standard computers use so that time zones aren't an issue for them. It converts all time zones into this which is basically the same as GMT.

Zero day exploit is an exploit in programs that isn't "public knowledge" so that a company could attempt to correct it.

Air gap refers to a computer system that is not connected to any type of network so that remote access wouldn't be possible. You have to be physically at the terminal to access it.

Last to answer the question of how you can tell, that is hard to answer. There are a million variables to consider and you would need an expert to forensically analyze the device and log files for some sign of intrusion.

• m'Lady
      m'Lady commented
      Editing a comment
      I think what is being missed here is that the location tags on cellshots only testify to a network issue. The device that got banned was not the cell, it was one of the others on the network, a Wi-Fi ONLY tablet.

As far as the other game goes, ONLY WAR DRAGONS in my experience has EVER been glitch ridden and problematic. Any other game I've ever played on any device must have way better R&D, because they NEVER release new features or updates that cause ANY issues. War Dragons is unique in its constant problematic game play.

kenshiki , what does bandwidth monitoring do to help you ? Can it help you know you are being hacked ?

Trust me, my banned account was worth selling to some thief hacker. It was lvl 311. Why would that matter, it shows my account at lvl1. How could that be sold?

Tell you one thing, I'm not spending another penny on my other two WAR DRAGONS accounts until I understand better how to prevent this from happening to me again. I lost a $20k acct ! My next $20k of revenue will be directed elsewhere, for sure. I don't trust this platform with my money from now on.

• kenshiki
      kenshiki commented
      Editing a comment
      bandwidth monitoring helps me monitor which program is using the most bandwidth in my system. It's just that the game I was playing before has it on their ban list and I they didn't mention what is on their list of banned programs or any program related to this function.

Cheater cheater pumpkin eater

just be happy you don't have to deal with the awful new UI

Comment

The same "bug" seems to be happening with one of my teammates. He sent screenshot of his base in our line group with one building still several days left to finish and then when he relogin later it was done. He's worried and afraid his account will get suspended and he doesn't know how to stop it. It has happened several times. I've asked him to send support a message but at a risk that they will suspend his account immediately as support won't listen and is the judge. I don't know what else to suggest.

Comment

XDragonizer yes! I say have him report it. Unfortunately, I never noticed. Mine either happened when buildings were the least of my concern, or I was heavily using CLOCKS, because I never saw the results. If he sees it, tell them. That's my call. I was never informed when mine happened. I just know that the morning after they were fixing the Forge Glitch, my account was banned. I've been investigating for weeks.

The only evidence I've found so far on my end is the compromise of another device, on the same server, around the same time. I'd LOVE to hear what is learned about what is causing his issue, PLEASE !

Comment

• XDragonizer
          XDragonizer commented
          Editing a comment
          In my teammate's case, he's using iOS and his phone is not jailbroken. He's worried because he is not hacking and doesn't know how to stop this from happening. He posted this everytime it happened on our line group and he's posted many times. We don't know what to tell him. Reporting it will get banned, not reporting will get banned. It's a lose lose situation. He just renewed his one year elite account too so all that will be wasted if his account is suspended. It's tough when it's all one sided. It's whatever PG decides.

• m'Lady
          m'Lady commented
          Editing a comment
          I guess you know you are preaching to the choir. I had just paid my elite renewal, too. I literally spent very close to$20k on my account when they stole it out from under me.

I imagine they will suspend him immediately to do their investigation. They told me mine has done multiple instances of this time manipulation. I had NO IDEA this was happening. At my level, 311, I barely paid any attention to build times at all...... Long, was all I knew. Mostly, I only built during FORTIFICATION, unless I was setting up a tower with wood to prepare for FORTIFICATION, to use elements or shards or pearls. Pretty much the only thing I built up in between FORTIFICATION EVENTS was prep to use the 20 point items. I never noticed the supposed jumps in build speed. I had no desire to grow levels. I just wanted to grow my dragons. My base didn't need to grow any faster. I only participated in FORTIFICATION for the prizes.

Absolutely NO GUARANTEES with PG WD team. I feel like a notch in their belt. They don't care that they are wrong. They haven't even acknowledged my findings of this same network server having a different device compromised within the same time frame.

Selfishly, I'd like him to report it to allow investigation because they MIGHT learn something. Also, it's the right thing to do in the name of fair gaming. I can't promise that if I had noticed and reported it that things would have been any different for me. PGJared himself can be quoted to say, "there is basically zero chance the action taken was done on accident. ". I say, bull dinky. I have DONE nothing ! Apparently, the totality of his knowledge is the Holy Grail in these matters. I STILL SAY I have DONE nothing.... At all!

It's a personal decision on the player's part. I find it unsettling that I need to be hypervigilent to watch for game glitches to report, to avoid being accused of game manipulation, to begin with. I simply solved the whole thing by spending $0 since this occurred. At least if I get falsely accused again I'll only lose my dragons and not an investment. He'll have to make his own decision.

For my part, he should report it. If he doesn't, is he having any fun? The worry would destroy game play joy for sure.

When will PG finally admit this is a bug in their system somewhere that is causing this problem and not people cheating.

You have had far too many people come through here and tell you they have no idea of how it is happening. Your server doesn’t know what the devices are doing and vice-Versa. Change the code so that when they are out of sync, the game doesn’t work until they are back in sync. Or investigate this glitch further. I have been sat next to my partner several times who played (until he was banned the day I gave birth to our son) the same game style as me, didn’t do anything different to me, but was banned because one building out of two finished early when he logged in occasionally.

This is isn’t the players fault when they don’t know what is going on or how to stop it happening and should never be banned until it is proven 100% that they have some programming on their device. The only thing they haven’t done is report it to you because they see it as another glitch.

Comment

Originally posted by Tinkbelle85 View Post
          When will PG finally admit this is a bug in their system somewhere that is causing this problem and not people cheating.

You have had far too many people come through here and tell you they have no idea of how it is happening. Your server doesn’t know what the devices are doing and vice-Versa. Change the code so that when they are out of sync, the game doesn’t work until they are back in sync. Or investigate this glitch further. I have been sat next to my partner several times who played (until he was banned the day I gave birth to our son) the same game style as me, didn’t do anything different to me, but was banned because one building out of two finished early when he logged in occasionally.

This is isn’t the players fault when they don’t know what is going on or how to stop it happening and should never be banned until it is proven 100% that they have some programming on their device. The only thing they haven’t done is report it to you because they see it as another glitch.
          I'm sorry, but every single player who gets banned in a video game starts with "I had no idea how this happened". People generally don't come onto the forum to tell everyone that they cheated and totally deserved their ban. We investigate bans as they come in, and if it ends up being a false positive we lift the ban. This has already happened multiple times in the past on this forum, so it's not like we're permanently sticking to our guns and not lifting any bans.

Comment

Originally posted by PGJared View Post

I'm sorry, but every single player who gets banned in a video game starts with "I had no idea how this happened". People generally don't come onto the forum to tell everyone that they cheated and totally deserved their ban. We investigate bans as they come in, and if it ends up being a false positive we lift the ban. This has already happened multiple times in the past on this forum, so it's not like we're permanently sticking to our guns and not lifting any bans.
            I understand that you investigate bans and lift/enforce bans. But something here is seriously amiss for the amount of players this is affecting and the number of players to come back and ask what did they do. My partner is still waiting on someone to complete his investigation after nearly 8 weeks. The only thing different he did that particular day was log into his account while we were at the hospital. Rather than on the WiFi at home. I would still ask it gets investigated to see what is causing it for so many people.

Comment

• Grumpybigbird
              Grumpybigbird commented
              Editing a comment
              See my post below re network times. The wifi at the hospital could easily have been on the wrong time setting and affected the device time.

The quantity of folks posting here compared to the quantity of folks being banned is actually very low.

Comment

Just a note on this time thing. I've noticed that my cell provider's time sometimes isn't correct (I have 2 cells and 2 different providers). e,g, one phone will say 11am and the other say 1105am for example. I also know once the main telco in my country had a significant cell tower issue that caused time shift of around 5 hours - was fixed in a couple hours but in the meantime everyone had an issue with their phones. So a cell tower error could cause a time shift issue large enough to cause the game to generate a cheat error.

My view is that for a first timer, it is a 2 week ban with a warning, instead of a perm ban immediately. By first timer I mean the first time PG picks it up, and warns the player, not when PG picks it up and sees that it has occurred multiple times. This will allow the player (presumption of innocence) to investigate and see if it is a network/hack/or other issue. Perm Bans immediately is dreadfully unfair.

Comment

• Tinkbelle85
                Tinkbelle85 commented
                Editing a comment
                Spooky, not everyone who is banned is doing that. If pg did a server wide check on accounts for buildings which had finished early, most of the player base would be banned. After talking with several team mates about this, most of them have all had buildings finish early at random points.

• Spooky
                Spooky commented
                Editing a comment
                If you've ever seen CampusLifer give a detailed report on a banned cheater, you'd know they don't ban for buildings finishing early alone, but for large--in some cases massive--discrepancies between the time on the server and on the device. One lady who's posted here repeatedly protesting her ban had her system clock on her device set to the year 2035. These are not innocent mistakes. Tinkbelle85

• Grumpybigbird
                Grumpybigbird commented
                Editing a comment
                All I'm saying is that there needs to be a certain amount of presumption of innocence here. Particularly as the evidence that PG uses is based on system time. Yes system time can be manipulated, by apps, by manually adjusting it, by a host of nefarious means, but it can also be adjusted by a cell tower error, a network issue or connecting to a network with wrong time settings. All I'm saying is balance it out, give a short ban (not a free pass), a warning, and if it happens again then perm ban.

Originally posted by PGJared View Post
              The quantity of folks posting here compared to the quantity of folks being banned is actually very low.
              Tbh, I imagine there are a lot more people in conversation about this than the ones being vocal on here, you can see in other posts that it’s affecting other players who aren’t banned. I know of several players in game that have said their buildings finish randomly who aren’t banned. The people posting here are the ones who are struggling to get anywhere with their complaints at being banned.
              Have you at least considered the possibility that there is something else affecting the syncing between server and device rather than putting it down directly to some modified operating system?

Also, why does it take so long (7 weeks 4 days so far) to finish an investigation? Surely once the ticket is opened and being dealt with, it’s reviewed and then completed before the next case is reviewed? Like I said my partner is still waiting for a reply.

Comment

• PGJared
                PGJared commented
                Editing a comment
                Some investigations are more complex than other and require engineering support. Right now we basically have no engineering support for investigations like this unless CL frees up some time and shows mercy on the PX team. (CL is the best, btw.)

As for considering if there's a larger issue possibly causing false positives; yeah, I've considered it. It's something we consider every time we look into a ban. It's something we've documented for further investigating once we have the resources to do so.

And at the risk of causing myself to be banned for not cheating, on my account (same ign as forum), I noticed that my Khrysos still had maybe 3+ days left (can't remember exactly) when I clicked on it to speed it up, and it hatched immediately. So the game showed me 3+days, I click, and it hatched. Perhaps you guys can investigate that one. And if I do get banned for this, then I've taken one for the team. Fly on peeps!

Comment

Working...
              X