Announcement

Collapse

War Dragons Forum Migration Soon!

Greetings Dragon Lords! Over the last few months we've done lots of work behind the scenes redesigning the forum and will be migrating over to our new forum software in the coming weeks. During this migration, the forums will be set to "read-only" and posting will be disabled. We expect the actual migration to take between 24-48 hours. Please watch for additional Announcements soon with more details!
See more
See less

Banned Account

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dear m'Lady and SilentEchoes : Please open one new set of Helpshift tickets asking for an appeal addressed to PGJared (Jared).

Comment

Hey folks,

This forum is for reporting a believed failure of support to address an issue, so that I can look at it and make a determination. CL provides color on bans to show more info on why we banned, but CL is not really the arbiter of whether we should make an exception to lift a ban, nor is the forum the place for that discussion. If you're banned legitimately and you feel you should be unbanned, you will need to submit a ticket and talk to me about it.

I will say this though: if you're banned and we've confirmed you were violating the rules but you stick to your "it totally wasn't me" guns I will almost certainly not lift the ban on your account, even if it was a minor amount of cheating. No one gets second chances without acknowledging what happened.

Comment

• PGJared
        PGJared commented
        Editing a comment
        MareZ, there is basically zero chance the action taken was done on accident. We also verify how someone took an action, so if someone "comes clean" but describes a method of cheating that absolutely doesn't work, we don't accept that.

• SilentEchoes
        SilentEchoes commented
        Editing a comment
        MareZ I have nothing else to say as I have said everything I needed to and I spoke of only the truth whether anyone wants to believe me or not. I came in here to find a solution to a problem that suddenly popped out of nowhere but it seemed to fall on deaf ears and I choose to go through all this trouble because I know I am innocent and I will stand by it. I will not admit to something I didn't do! 🖖🤓

Thank you CampusLifer for your time dear, I really appreciate it.❤️

Have a good weekend everyone.✌️

• m'Lady
        m'Lady commented
        Editing a comment
        You sound just like me, SilentEchoes. I can't get them to see beyond ," there is basically zero chance the action taken was done on accident." THAT sentence in itself assumes something was DONE. As long as that blindness remains, they won't look further. There will be more of us, I imagine. There's a long time passed between my problem and yours. So, it's not fixed yet ! If enough people refuse to give up trying to get it solved, then maybe the blinders will come off. I'm still waiting for a response to my comment two above yours.

I am all for banning cheaters. I'm no whale, but I've spent some decent cash on this game. Seeing people cheat to get to where I have spent and worked extremely hard for a year makes me really angry.

That being said, I've had it happen a few times months ago where I was in the middle of playing, the game crashes, and when I log back on I see somehow my 5x multipliers have regenerated. I think "Hey, lucky break." and use them. I didn't even bother to see if anything else changed. If I got banned because some glitch happened, I'd be angry. I'm not doubting CampusLifer at all. Extremely competent and helpful. And I know CampusLifer simply provides the facts, not necessarily the decision. But I would like to think that there are grades of punishment in the event the OP is actually telling the truth. Something happening one time, two months ago that only impacted 10 hours of game time seems pretty minor. Especially since 7-14 was the Friday in Fort Frenzy and they would have had plenty of time to wait 10 hours to build again. I see no motivation for why someone would risk their account for something they could wake up the next day and have it be completed.

Sorry SilentEchoes . If I was voting I'd give you a second chance. In the worst case scenario if you did cheat, you don't dole out the same punishment to a kid that gets busted for slipping a candy bar into their pocket as a person who robs a bank. You scold the kid and there is no way a second offense occurs in their lifetime. Hell, the fact that you are sticking to your guns makes me believe you. I'm pretty sure you could say "I'm sorry. On your Facebook page, some dude keeps posting the video on how to do the cheat. So in a moment of stupidity, I tried it and it worked. Please give me one more chance." and they might give you a break.

Comment

• SilentEchoes
        SilentEchoes commented
        Editing a comment
        Bash Thank you for understanding my situation and é fact that I didn't do what I was accused of, at least not intentionally. I had zero idea that such a thing can happen and I didn't even noticed when it happened! Like I said before if I did cheat and got caught for it, I wouldn't be here wasting anyone's time especially mine because it's only fair I got busted. I am so disappointed for being banned for something that was beyond my control or my knowledge for that matter.😞

m'Lady My sentiments exactly! I wonder how many unfortunate players suffered from this kind of treatment. I listed my IGN and authorised CampusLifer to list everything out in é open so I can find out what really happened because I WASN'T aware what took place that got me banned! I don't know how else to "come clean" according to Jared's standards when that's what I have been doing all along from é start. I wrote in here to get some real help but unfortunately I was made to admit to something I didn't do! Yes I am desperate because I worked hard for that account but I am not about to be a kiss-ass either, was'nt brought up that way. I wish you all é luck for your new ticket babe. Hopefully your attempt would be a more successful one this time round.❤️

Comment

• m'Lady
        m'Lady commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh, and P.S., I STILL haven't heard a thing regarding the reopen of my ticket, anyway. So, there's that. I threw my money away on this game. I really really loved it, but now it has been a haunting ache that I never should have played ! Please be careful any of you who invest in this intangible digital content. You are really being HAD if they decide that they want to take it away. I was either hacked or there was an error at their end. I did NOTHING to deserve this awful treatment. I will be an advocate against digital content spending for the remainder of my life due to War Dragons mistreatment of me. I'll be AMAZED if this post ever sees a day on the forum. I am going to file with the BBB, that's the best I can do.

• SilentEchoes
        SilentEchoes commented
        Editing a comment
        m'Lady Agreed! I was an elite account holder and spent a few hundreds on their packs in that whole year of diligently playing WD so I know what you meant when you're talking about the pain of starting over. I got in here as suggested by Alleviates WD and she has helped me a lot too. Well I'm sorry to hear that Jared still hasn't got back to you YET. Sad to say that the rationality, leniency and sense of urgency here is just not present (CL, you're wonderful and thanks again!), which is real sad when it comes to cases like this. Like suggested by some fellow players here, there should be different grades of punishments especially for first timers and yes I do agree on your advice about investing in this game, all it takes is just one glitch and everything is gone. You have been warned fellow players....

• m'Lady
        m'Lady commented
        Editing a comment
        SilentEchoes you wrote, " Like suggested by some fellow players here, there should be different grades of punishments especially for first timers..." Honestly, I don't even qualify for that. I am a never timer. AND, tbh, if they reinstated my account today, I would be afraid to play ! Nothing has changed at my end to assure me that it wouldn't happen again. Since I have learned nothing about why it happened, I couldn't be sure it wouldn't happen in my first hour of me playing. I realize that there can be no discussion of the way it happened on the internet, because true cheaters would just have more weapons to cheat with. I've learned nothing about how to prevent it in the future, though. I didn't do anything the whole time and they say my tablet did things that appear as cheating. UNLESS it was done from outside, by their servers or a hacker, it might happen again. That's why I offered to send my tablet to be examined by them. Something is in conflict somewhere.

PGJared CampusLifer
      Looking at the previous log, it looks like you could be banned if the server detected your clock/location has changed?
      I occasionally logged in using VPN due to some network restriction; If the VPN happens to be in a different timezone, I could get banned?

Comment

• kenshiki
        kenshiki commented
        Editing a comment
        changing timezone only converts the time so no banning should occur if my understanding is right. however if you change timezone and then change the clock to 1 hour in advance to finish a building, then yeah, you can get ban and you can't reason that you just changed timezone.

• XDragonizer
        XDragonizer commented
        Editing a comment
        So you are saying that if i change the clock on my phone the normal way (no hacking) that could get me banned? It would be nice to know that.

• m'Lady
        m'Lady commented
        Editing a comment
        I've tried everything to get them to pay attention to NOT KNOWING HOW to cheat. I even offered to send PGJared my tablet to examine, here and through Helpshift, multiple times. No response to that. I use "xxx VPN SERVICE", it's a subscription I have. I don't know enough about all that stuff to say anything more than that. It's part of my "xxx Virus program".
        Last edited by m'Lady; 1 week ago.

Wow, shocking how many people are defending a cheater and saying but give her a chance because it was only one time.

Screw that, good job PG on banning another cheat.

Comment

• Frequincy
        Frequincy commented
        Editing a comment
        Totally agree cheating once is 1 time too many

• SilentEchoes
        SilentEchoes commented
        Editing a comment
        odie1993 @Frequincy
        I don't know if you read from the start but whatever that took place that caused the ban, wasn't something I was made aware of! How do you consider that cheating when I wasn't the one doing it?! I didn't even know what happened that's the whole reason why I came here looking for answers.
        Would you have said otherwise and admit to something you didn't do because someone wants you to do so?? There's nothing to admit to on my behalf because I didn't do it! Seriously cheating should not be tolerated I agree if that player did cheat but in my case it was a ridiculous and illogical one. I don't think any player would go for a 10hr jump - how the heck does that really benefit anyone??!..lol
        Being a lvl 89 that time,one tower alone needed at least 4 days to complete, how would ONE 10hr jump help?? If anyone did have intentions to cheat, he/she would've sped up way more than just ONE stupid 10hrs jump, I'm sure!

XDragonizer: While I was mentioning pacific timezone, I was just converting to that for understandability. all of this programming is based on unix timestamps, which operate independently of timezones. It's basically the number of seconds which have passed since midnight Thursday, 1 January 1970 in the greenwich mean time. You can then convert a timestamp to your own timezone to make it more understandable.

You can read more about unix timestamps here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unix_time

You can play with the timestamp converter I used to write my posts here: https://www.epochconverter.com/

Comment

• XDragonizer
        XDragonizer commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks CampusLifer. Now just to be clear, I'm using VPN server to connect to WD server because of network restriction at my place. I have no idea where this VPN server is, it could be in different timezone/country which will have different local time obviously. Will this cause me to get banned? If so, I have to start looking for local VPN provider.

• Sandberg74
        Sandberg74 commented
        Editing a comment
        It shouldnt. I would assume the asks for unix timestamp from the OS. This timestamp is not related to your local time. Its a fixed timeoffset. So when you change your local time or uses a vpn etc. the OS simply uses an offset reference from unix time.
        So no matter what you do from the time settings, it shouldnt have any impact, if the code is done right.

My memory of how the majority of how vpns work is they take existing traffic and treat it like a blackbox --- but wrapping it up inside of their own traffic so it looks like it originated from a different place and possibly through their own security tunneling and routing. There are some vpn features where they go inside of the traffic and mess with the contents as well. It feels unlikely in the case of war dragons.

The only way a vpn could do this is if it cracks our SSL encrypted connection between our app and our servers (same thing used by e-commerce sites) and re-writes the traffic to modify the time stamps contained in the network traffic in our propriety protocol. I'm 99.9% sure it should be fine.

Unless you're using a vpn which has been modified specifically to allow someone to cheat the War Dragons app. The app would somehow need to hand the decrypting security keys to the vpn so it could open up our secure channels, and the vpn would need to have extensions written to modify the protocol. Our server security would catch this and mark it as cheating and in this case it's obviously intentional cheating and it would be correct to be banned.
      Last edited by CampusLifer; 1 week ago.

Comment

I dont get why you allow the game client to call the shots? The server should hold the master time record and if player A has a glitch or intentionally cheats the server should immediately re sync amd only allow player A back when the times are in sync.

To me this sounds like poor coding where a player is damned whether they are innocent or guilty.

To me a first occurance should be a 24 hr ban and then mandatory downloading of monitoring software. 2nd occurance then the monitoring software can be the judge.

This ban feels excessive. Like a cop knocking over an old lady. Meanwhile the cop lets random people flying Amarok zero L300 bases untouched or players with 20k medals with all dragons.

An armed robber hurting 2 Walmart employees and stealing 1mm gets jail time. You dont apply exactly the same sentence to a mum who steals a loaf of bread to feed her starving kids.

Sometimes it doesnt hurt to apply some common sense.
        Last edited by gaza8143; 1 week ago.

Comment

• kenshiki
          kenshiki commented
          Editing a comment
          to be fair, any games that you play instantly ban or wipes out your inventory when they found out that you are either cheating or exploiting.

most common bans on every violation that i see.

inappropriate behavior = temp chat ban on first or a perma chat ban depending on if they are making life threat.
          i do want to see where the reporting player gets ban because they provoke a player to become hostile and reporting it to CS.

exploits = inventory wipe/character wipe/perma ban
          cheats = perma ban
          manipulating client = some has a code that force close your client and then revert it a few minutes. some will instantly ban you once they detected it by the system.

i got 2-3 temp ban (1 month was the last one) from GTA for having a bandwidth limiter that I didn't know was bannable (was using it to monitor bandwidth usage on my network). Next time i get banned, its permanent.

so yeah, if you got caught manipulating, especially multiple instances of it, then no 2nd chance is given for you.

if you want to play a game, make sure that no other apps or programs are on so that it won't cause any issues or bans because you really cant reason it out when you have this program on when you were playing and that is why you got banned.
          Last edited by kenshiki; 1 week ago.

• odie1993
          odie1993 commented
          Editing a comment
          Spooky finally some rational thought from another person in this thread. There is no evidence of a bug and the"I am innocent" speak is getting old. every cheater says the same thing. Why would I do this...i am a lvl89...i have spent thousands on this game...I let my dog play war dragons for me...A friend of a friend of a past ex boyfriend that i knew 22 years ago and have not seen since logged into my game and did this exploit...

• SilentEchoes
          SilentEchoes commented
          Editing a comment
          Spooky
          "first cheat is free policy".. really? Have you read and understood what I've been stating from the start? This is é first mobile game I played enthusiastically and I don't know of any kind of hacking apps or programs or softwares to try. I don't even know how to root my cell! I am no tech whizz. I download game and play. That's it!
          odie1993
          Yes I was a lvl 89 with a pretty hardcore base and had over 23M medals all of which I worked hard for - that's how much I love this game! I'm not here with all those crappy excuses that were listed in your comments. I understood the TOS and would never go against it. Don't make it sound like you know what kind of a player I am because you don't! And fyi, I AM INNOCENT and not afraid to admit it. I don't expect you to believe me since you've never played the game with me because if you did then you'll know I'm telling the truth.

this game have so much glitches with Android OS, I would have just say forget it a long time ago.

Comment

• SilentEchoes
          SilentEchoes commented
          Editing a comment
          Omg.. exactly!! I can't remember how many times I got booted out in the middle of chatting or during attacks and suffered multiple blackout screens etc ..😂😂😂

I am expanding on my comment #17.5 below for any that might hear me better through a POST REPLY... because, something, somewhere, is in conflict, be it in my tablet or in the server or in a hacker's hands. LITERALLY, nothing has changed at my end.

SilentEchoes wrote, " Like suggested by some fellow players here, there should be different grades of punishments especially for first timers..."

Honestly, I don't even qualify for that. I am a never-timer. AND, tbh, if they reinstated my account today, I would be afraid to play ! Nothing has changed at my end to assure me that it wouldn't happen again. Since I have learned nothing about what caused it, I couldn't be sure it wouldn't happen in my first hour of playing. I realize that there can be no discussion of the way it happens on the internet, because true cheaters would just have more weapons to cheat with. Absent some new information though, I've learned nothing about how to prevent it in the future. I didn't do anything the whole time and they say my tablet did things that appear as cheating, repeatedly. If it was done from outside by their servers or a hacker, or inside, by something in my tablet.... I have no idea. That's why I offered to send my tablet to be examined by them. I also made a screen recording YouTube video of things that seem relevant inside my tablet, which I won't post on the forum because location is revealed, but I am more than glad to share that with Jared, directly. I'd be glad to remove any conflicting software that was discovered. Something is in conflict somewhere.

Comment

• m'Lady
          m'Lady commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes. Google Pixel C tablet, Android 8.0.0. When this happened I was a Beta tester for Android 8.0.0. I was told that 16 months for tech was already considered outdated, even though there have been no new generations. So, I signed up for Android Beta testing early before public release. I really don't have any idea what any others use who have had this.

• SilentEchoes
          SilentEchoes commented
          Editing a comment
          m'Lady No offence but I said 'first timers' because this is literally my first time being held up for supposedly 'cheated in a mobile game' .. hahaa. Assuming this is your 'first time' as well? 😉

Btw any news on é new ticket sent yet?🤔

• SilentEchoes
          SilentEchoes commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey XDragonizer ...

my cell was é LG G4. Is there any relevant relation to how this whole fiesta started because I'm on Android?..🤔 Btw fyi, I've never rooted my cell, all is stock. Oh and have a nice day..✌️

SilentEchoes , I also meant no offense. I just wanted it made clear that I did nothing. I figured that you are in my same shoes.

Comment

• SilentEchoes
          SilentEchoes commented
          Editing a comment
          I know my dear. Just thought I said it out.✌️

I got a stock reply yesterday. The request had two clearly marked questions in it about sending a link to Jared and would sending my tablet help. Neither question was answered. The support guy who answered me had been very helpful in the past. I remember having written nice reviews about him because he has an unusual name.

Comment

• SilentEchoes
          SilentEchoes commented
          Editing a comment
          Sorry to hear that babe. That's why I was kinda skeptical about opening a new ticket..hmm🤔

i'm not here to defend a cheater but this has happened before to one of my teammates before and it was very frustrating because he doesn't spend so he can't complain to Apple but he's spent a good 2 years playing the game. Definitely, a cheater must be banned. My teammate got banned and accused of cheating by support many many times but they can't tell him what he did for some reason. Eventually someone came to their senses and admit it was a bug and he got his account back. It's possible that it's a bug either in the code or the device. So why not give the person a last warning and rollback his or her account and if it happens again then banning is in order. The person getting the warning should make sure other apps running is not interfering with the game.

I worked in IT, I know log doesn't tell you everything. We had users who got locked for suspicious activities as was reported in the log. But since we had access to the laptop, we could inspect and found that it was a malware. So it was happening without his or her knowledge so we can't just blame the person for something he or she didn't do even though the log says so. If the person refuses to get his laptop inspected then that's a different issue.

Comment

• kenshiki
          kenshiki commented
          Editing a comment
          Yep, the example that I gave is from another game. That is one of a known exploits and almost half of the player base do it since it takes 5 minutes to run and open that chest sometimes even longer if you have crap gears.

It was fixed and at quite a lot of players got ban for it. And since that is the case, I have seen a lot of players saying they are innocent from that forum and third party groups complaining why did they got banned.

but i think you know what i mean when it comes to having an app or program in the background that can potentially ban you without knowing it. It's not your fault but it's not their fault also that the program and its function is banned from them.

• Jeff8682
          Jeff8682 commented
          Editing a comment
          I understood what you wrote but the fact there is no way for the game company to tell who throttled the connection was mainly my issue. Yes 1kbps would be obvious when combined with an action like you described. Given those details if it happened repeatedly, I could understand it but just for a bandwidth throttling it would be insane in my opinion.

• SilentEchoes
          SilentEchoes commented
          Editing a comment
          O wow.. 😱 I have no idea what you guys are talking about but please continue if there's anymore to share. 😏

Well now the ticket I open, as CL suggested was closed. I'm just going to start a new one. It read:

"ATTN; PGJared

I saw on the forum post entitled "Banned Account" under "Support Interactions", today, that CL directed me to open a new Helpshift ticket asking for an appeal. She said to address it to you.

I have 2 questions:

1) I made a video of all my tablet apps and some funny time stuff that I found with a screen recorder. I just uploaded that to YouTube with a private link, is that sufficient to help you diagnose this ? Where should I send that ?

2)If you don't think that would help, if I FED EX'd my tablet to you with return prepaid, would that better help you to learn what is causing this problem? Is there some debug diagnostic you could run on it? Or, that I could run on it from home, a debug diagnostic software recommendation?

I actually don't want to just be given my account back, I want to learn how to prevent it happening again. If I rebuild a whole new account, after all kinds of time and effort, how do I know it won't happen again, unless this is figured out? I'm pretty tired of getting nowhere with this. Let me know, thanks."

No answer. I know they are back logged, but I'm getting weary of all this. If I had only spent a few hundred dollars, I'd have given up by now, but I've spent $$Ks !!
        To me this Twilight Zone experience feels like robbery. There should be SOME way to examine my device to tell me what's wrong. I don't deserve this treatment. (Period)

Comment

Working...
        X