Announcement

Collapse

New Forums are now up!

Greetings Dragon Lords! Please visit our new forums at http://forums.wardragons.com! We're leaving this old forum up for a period of time to allow players to migrate over any important posts, but will eventually close them out. Please note that you will need to log in using your PocketID over on the new forum. You can also access them through the game by tapping on Settings > Forums!
See more
See less

Banned Account

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Banned Account

Hi Admin,

I am writing in to asked about my account that got banned recently. I did write to Support and they never disclosed what I was banned for except saying I 'cheated'.

I am a honest, hardworking player. I have been playing for almost a year and I'm pretty sure I didn't breach any of those rules intentionally.

I started my account from scratch so can I please know what I did that got me banned as I am still clueless? And is there any way I can get a reinstatement of my account? Any help rendered is much appreciated. Hope to hear from someone soon. Have a good day. Thank you.

Hi SilentEchoes . What is your in-game name or other identifier so I can lookup your account?

Comment

Hi CampusLifer,

Thank you for responding and my IGN is XRocketWingsX .

If there was something that I might have done (I swear its unintentional) and obviously wasn't aware of, can you please clarify to me so I can avoid it all at costs in é future because I really love this game and wouldn't want to go through this again. Thanks a whole lot!❤️

​​​​

Comment

Hi SilentEchoes . I'm re-checked the details of your ban and I've sent the results to our PX team to make a decision on your ban appeal.

Comment

hi SilentEchoes. Our PX team has reviewed the details of the ban and decided that banning was the correct action. If you would like me to provide details of why the ban was correct, please authorize me to do so.

Comment

Hi CampusLifer Yes I do authorise you to do so. Please tell me what I did.

Comment

• At Friday 2017-07-14 20:26:43-07:00 pacific time, the account in question connected to our servers reporting that the account’s device thought the time was the unix epoch 1500089181 (aka Friday July 14, 2017 20:26:21 (pm) pacific time).
              • In other words at this moment in time, the device and our servers basically agree what time it is -- with a difference of 22 seconds of clockskew.
              • At Friday 2017-07-14 20:29:26 pacific time, the account in question connected to our servers reporting that the device believed the time was the unix epoch 1500128584 (aka Saturday July 15, 2017 07:23:04 (am) in pacific time). In other words, the remote device and our server disagree what time it is by a little over 10 hours.
              • In other words, in the course of 77 seconds, somehow our servers and the device went from agreeing what time it is, to the remote device suddenly thinking it’s the next day.
              • At 2017-07-14 20:33:47-07:00 pacific time, as a result of the device clock being set to the future, a number of things happened which shouldn’t take place. The account in question used to this to collect from two crafting timer jobs which had completed immediately. The dragons all had their daily 5x XP bonus regenerate. A dragon got healed. The account in question collected early from the bounty harbor building.
              • Our code doesn’t make it easy to do this. This really could only happen if: (a) a hacked version of the app. (b) a modified operating system (e.g., the one associated with cydia) which allows you to change the device clock without closing the game. (c) Taking a bunch of very-complicated steps to disable access to the internet at certain points during the app warm-startup sequence.
              • Normally I would say this is a no-brainer ban.
              • But most people who are banned for this behavior have used the cheat multiple times. In your defense, this was the only time the account in question performed this illegal action. I followed up with our PX team to see what they think we should do with a ban appeal as a result of trying a cheat one single time. They decided that we should not lift the ban.
              Last edited by CampusLifer; 09-06-2017, 04:47 PM.

Comment

• MikeGoN2GetU
                MikeGoN2GetU commented
                Editing a comment
                Correct me if i am wrong, but did you not once write in that you normally need multiple occurrences for you to ban a player? Dont get me wrong this seems suspicious but if i were going to use this cheat i think i would have sped up the game more than 10 hours... again i in no way endorse doing this but for such a cheat to have any real effect on an account a 10 hour time jump is nothing..... I have no idea what level the player in question is but i know for me, 10 hours is laughable and if i got banned over a 10 hour glitch i would be pissed.

Temporary ban seems like a more fitting punishment if it really is only 1 occurrence.

Ok ill shut up now, i dont even know why i am defending a cheater, but damn 10 hours.... rough.

• castix
                castix commented
                Editing a comment
                So was it a single action that lead to crafting items being finished, daily xp restored and bounty harbor ready to collect?

Cydia is not a modified operating system. I wouldn't consider rooted or jailbroken devices modified but unlocked for consumers

CampusLifer Only one question... there is any possibility this "cheat" is an error of forge?? i remember one time, when i speeded up my 12h in forge second item automatically forged, without any time boosts. i have waited other 29/30 hours and so i have taked item, but.....

Comment

Truelove0422 no, this is unrelated to the forge thing. This case went through a "ban appeal" process where multiple people double-checked it to make sure all of our evidence looked trustworthy. We even looked at the code in our repository history to make sure the version of the code which was deployed when the cheat was logged didn't have any issues. I've now personally re-reviewed the details three times and am convinced that something wrong happened.
                Last edited by CampusLifer; 09-06-2017, 09:53 AM.

Comment

• Truelove0422
                  Truelove0422 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  ok.. thanks for answer... anyway @MikeGoN2GetU's thought is correct, i don't know, maybe he is a lv30, but for my level 200+ 10 hours are absolutely useless...

• MikeGoN2GetU
                  MikeGoN2GetU commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yup. Oh well.

• Mechengg
                  Mechengg commented
                  Editing a comment
                  This had to be a tough decision.

I'm glad you guys are at least making a decision, reviewing the appeal and confirming the data, then agreeing on a final conclusion.

MikeGoN2GetU I spend the entirety of my day looking at this sort of thing and I'm personally convinced this isn't a "glitch". I don't enjoy banning cheaters nor do I always rule against the ban appeal --- I've decided to lift bans on a few people in the last couple of days. I'm actually pretty happy to find out the ban was incorrect and that we can re-institute the player --- i HATE banning players. I'm actually pretty lenient -- I've definitely lifted bans on players who look very fishy but don't have smoking gun evidence. I've even lifted bans when it's clear they definitely have installed a hacked operating system or hacked version of the app if I can't find clear evidence that they're using it to break a rule.

I'm not sure if it's true in this case, but my experience working on ban appeals for players who have "cheated once" is that they claim that they had a teammate on LINE tell them the steps to perform a cheat -- and they try it once to see if it works. Or they claim they were messing with their clock for the sake of Candy Crush and it carried over (i actually doubt that could actually work -- i know it wouldnt work on an un-hacked version of iOS but not as sure on other operating systems).

We are talking internally whether someone should be banned for "cheating once". I'm actually not sure what is the right thing to do. There are problems with allowing it because someone who cheats once could actively be taking something away from another player (e.g., a single cheat could give yourself the best dragon in the game, or the #1 spot in an event or in the worldmap someone use a single cheat to give themselves a ton of ships, and then use them destroy another team's entire fleet and take away their continents).
                Last edited by CampusLifer; 09-06-2017, 08:59 AM.

Comment

• MikeGoN2GetU
                  MikeGoN2GetU commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Sorry i didn't mean to doubt you. you do good work!

• ITIL
                  ITIL commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I did this on android early on as a sub-L10 after forgetting to change it back from another game, and all it does is confuse the notifications (e.g. Token mission is ready when it isn't.). Nothing in-game changed from a brief check; it wasn't extensively tested either, though.

Hi CampusLifer Thank you for getting back to me. First of all,i wasn't aware of any 10hr jump that happened along é way. My cell does have weird time checks (maybe because it fell a few times before and has motherboard issues idk?) meaning é time isn't always accurate and I usually need to manually reset é time especially when I switch between batteries. Could that be é source of é 'cheat'?

Truelove0422 I was a lvl 89.

Comment

Sorry one more thing..

I really do find a permanent ban being unfair because I had no idea of é jump and I have no clue on how to cheat because I don't know how to as this is é first mobile game I was hooked on to.

​​​​​As i mentioned before I started from scratch, played for a year and was only a lvl 89 and put a lot of time and work into my account. It would be a dumb move on my part to risk all that for ONE cheat.

I hope you can find some rationality in my appeal to lift the ban. Thanks again.

Comment

Sorry if this is none of my business but I think there should be different grades of punishment. I mean a perm ban for two crafting items and a one time violation that perhaps happened by accident? Seems like a very unreasonable punishment. You wouldn't sentence a kid to death for stealing a gum at a store...

Are there no grades of punishment for the severity and frequency of the violation? Such harsh punishment really worries me, glitches can happen to anyone...
                    MareZ ~ lvl20X ~ Garnet Tier Dragons

Important Threads to find everything you need

Comment

• SilentEchoes
                      SilentEchoes commented
                      Editing a comment
                      MareZ* Yes indeed, glitches can happen to anyone! Thank you for understanding what I've been trying to say because if I did plan to cheat earlier on, I wouldn't be here trying to get an appeal (though I know there are people who do that).😕

Is this person a level 89 after playing an entire year? I believe we should probably give them the benefit of the doubt.

Comment

• SilentEchoes
                      SilentEchoes commented
                      Editing a comment
                      ☺️🖖Thanks Had.

If it means anything to you, SilentEchoes , I believe you. I got banned for supposed multiple occurrences and I tried like crazy to prove myself. No one would believe me, either. I'm contemplating sending my whole tablet to PG to examine, because I want my account back. I'm afraid to invest in a new account, as no one has figured out why mine is showing time glitches to begin with. It could happen to me all over again. LOVE this game, but don't want to waste MORE time only to lose it again. I sure hope they figure this all out someday. Maybe their server is glitching. I wish you all the best, truly.

Comment

• SilentEchoes
                      SilentEchoes commented
                      Editing a comment
                      ​​​​​​​@m'Lady Thanks babe, I am also telling é truth and am disappointed with é end result knowing Support doesn't believe me. I understand it's important to keep é banning line on a strict margin but in this case, it happened without my knowledge and it was totally unintentional. To start again would be too painful besides, I need to buy a new device for that to work, yikes! 😰 P/S : I don't play Candy Crush or any other game but this one on that cell and can't even do that anymore.. ☹️
                  Working...
                  X