Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else feel they were lied to about the runes for Tengu and Tarand?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else feel they were lied to about the runes for Tengu and Tarand?

i contacted support about having my runes from Tengu and Tarand moved back to my inventory after PG suddenly decided to change the rules with no warning. I was told by support that they would be doing a bulk fix for ALL affected players (please note that others had already had their runes moved individually). NOW support tells me that they will NOT be making this issue right and they will NOT move the runes back to my inventory. I am really upset by the BS treatment...if you do it for some you should do it for all. And dont lie to me and tell me it can't be done.
    IGN: SmokerBeast. Team: Digitaldragonz

I think it is important to deliver what you promise your customers. It seems some support folks make calls above their level of authority.

I doubt they will do anything in your case now but hopefully PG implement a process that clearly articulates the steps that will be taken to prevent this from occuring again.

Comment

Yup I'm annoyed as well. I haven't received any comparable Mythic rune to replace my Mythic Double Blast either and when you contact Support they give you a copy and paste response.

Comment

Originally posted by gaza8143 View Post
        I think it is important to deliver what you promise your customers. It seems some support folks make calls above their level of authority.

I doubt they will do anything in your case now but hopefully PG implement a process that clearly articulates the steps that will be taken to prevent this from occuring again.
        This is incorrect. The decision to do a bulk removal was made by people with the correct authority, but by the time we were doing the prep work for the grant it was determined to not be feasible. At that point we changed plans and granted dust instead.

Comment

• gaza8143
          gaza8143 commented
          Editing a comment
          That approach sounds pretty fair to me PGJared. I guess a forum note letting folks know about the technical challenges involved as well as the dust compensation would of mitigated some of the fallout.

Originally posted by PGJared View Post

This is incorrect. The decision to do a bulk removal was made by people with the correct authority, but by the time we were doing the prep work for the grant it was determined to not be feasible. At that point we changed plans and granted dust instead.
        This is just another example of poor customer service and and a serious lack of forthought or planning by PG. PGJared your team should have had a plan in place the moment that they decided to invalidate the use of the original runes. Your team made a promise to your customers to remove the runes and put them back into our inventory and they should keep that promise. If it wasn't technically feasible....then PG should have known that BEFORE the decision was made. PROPER PLANNING PREVENTS POOR PERFORMANCE. I expect your team to keep their promise. I want my runes put back into my inventory..just like it was done for other players..

Comment

• Nxhayes
          Nxhayes commented
          Editing a comment
          I would also like to add that if you can do this for individuals...what was the technical issue that prevented you from doing it in bulk? I am not a dev but, it seems to me that you should have been able to write a script to automate the process fairly easily?

PGJared do you think that ignoring me will make me go away?

Comment

• Dravoz
          Dravoz commented
          Editing a comment
          If you don't give up, his next step will be to accuse you of trolling.

I guess he works in the customer support department? Maybe that explains why the behavior is similar.

Comment

I'm no Behavioral analyst but from Jared's response it seems to show he didnt wanna comment but felt the need to when gaza8143 called out the support team for half ass doing a job , so as the leader of the "Team" he felt obligated to respond but in doing so he knew the convo would become "toxic" hence why he ran from this post leaving his dragon shoes behind

Comment

Originally posted by Frequincy View Post
            I'm no Behavioral analyst but from Jared's response it seems to show he didnt wanna comment but felt the need to when gaza8143 called out the support team for half ass doing a job , so as the leader of the "Team" he felt obligated to respond but in doing so he knew the convo would become "toxic" hence why he ran from this post leaving his dragon shoes behind
            Half assed seems to be all support offers.

Comment

I agree 100%. I'm Pissed. I feel we all were ripped off. We all Worked Hard (some spent $) for that 1 special Dragon and Runes. Then oh Shit PG messed up. Hey take spells first, then all Bitch, ok take runes away. Slow ripoff. Give new Runes and Dust for a COST. Must dust old ones the ones We all Worked$ for. Could use old Runes on different dragons but noooo it COST us twice to use 1 set of Runes.

Comment

So some people get to keep the old runes and everyone else is out of luck? Wtf

Comment

Maybe I've given up, but I just salvage worthless runes. You will be able to use the rune dust.i did get the appropriate new runes

Comment

This is one I really don't get. The change was on PG's end, they refunded the old runes for some players and there are no down sides to being fair with this. Instead, they take a position that leaves a bitter taste for a large portion of their player base.

If anyone can understand where they are coming from, please let me know. It's like putting a mean person who dislikes kids and candy in charge of Halloween.

Comment

Matcava can we close this thread, it's becoming more like a "lets attack PGJared" thread

Comment

And this very issue is another reason I don't support PG with my money. This very issue is when I decided I give them WAY TOO MUCH of my hard earned cash for these event dragons that they nerf and mislead us about. I worked my tush off in those seasons and spent way more than I am willing to admit. Removing the runes for some and not for others like myself, is the straw that broke the camel's back.

Comment

Working...
                        X