Announcement

Collapse

New Forums are now up!

Greetings Dragon Lords! Please visit our new forums at http://forums.wardragons.com! We're leaving this old forum up for a period of time to allow players to migrate over any important posts, but will eventually close them out. Please note that you will need to log in using your PocketID over on the new forum. You can also access them through the game by tapping on Settings > Forums!
See more
See less

Why people hate contacting support.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why people hate contacting support.

PGJared

I tried, I really did. I'm not really sure what it is? Either lack of knowledge or an overwhelmed staff...both are bad.

First I I was told pvp went from <1min to 3 hours because leagues have 25 teams, so one gets randomly skipped. Ok, so our league has 24 teams. Now what?

I was asked to screenshot all the teams in the league. (I guess help can't access this information?) So I did.

Then they proceed to tell me the league has 23 teams which is essentially the same as 25 teams. Fair enough except...there really are 24 teams. I'm not an idiot. Two teams are tied at 23rd spot. Which means, guess what? 24 teams.

So yeah, even after I posted all those screen shots they still can't count them.

Next excuse? Err, I mean reason this happened?

Summary:

We got screwed in event. PG doesn't care and has no plans to make me or my team whole.

Result:

I'm either going to

A: Complain until I'm banned
    B: Attempt to get Apple to refund
    C: Quit game (Along with the podcast and all other FREE promotional work I do for PG)
    D: Some combination of the above at my sole discretion

The next move is yours, PG.

I really don't get it. Honestly and genuinely. Putting emphasis on the above too.

I just got my login issues resolved. Could have been resolved sooner but I was slightly busy to grab account details via iTunes etc due to Xmas and new year

Response is fast. Issue resolved. Some issues before. Resolved asap. Only one that took ages was why my previous account glitched. That got resolved, compensated and here I am

I seen few mails from high levels in group chats on line app and I'm surprised support respond at all. Talk to me like that and I would personally ban that individual from accessing in game support.

In game support is ONE part of pg that actually does work. The main issue with pg is the person leading the team. Making decisions that affect us game wide.

some may may deem this as ass licking but that's because you don't actually know me. So suck this 🖕🏻 👉🏻👌🏻
    Commend my persistence ^.^

Comment

• cbwolfe
      cbwolfe commented
      Editing a comment
      Support sometimes works. I've seen it work like a charm. I've also told them in the past that I did 3 energy attacks and it charged me for 6 and then they proceeded to tell me that there's an error with RSS protections. I then responded that my question had nothing to do with that so they suggested I use more blue spells. So now I write in game support regularly about mundane items like which tampons to buy my wife or what to have for dinner.

Ok I'll be a bit of a jerk here, by no means am I saying support is good, they aren't. I will however say you pretty much threw a tantrum over something that doesn't matter at all. The first few pvp are irrelevant. It's bases off stealing 8% of opposing teams points. That's nearly nothing at first stages of event. It's not like you and your team is being singled out, this happens all over and we all know damn well at this point the game is full of bugs and other random bullshit.

so on your 4 points

complain away, rarely does it result in anything positive for the players

get an Apple refund, that is your best course of action they are easy to get, support is clearly wrong. Pocketgems doesn't care you'd be in a huge subset of people that have received refunds.

quitting the game is another solid choice, at this point it's probably not going to get better. As the players you will have to lower your expectations or always be dissapointed. They most likely don't care at all about your publicity or podcast.

sorry if this isn't what you want to hear but it's the truth. They don't care.

Comment

• Ruarai
      Ruarai commented
      Editing a comment
      Maybe they are for you but I know lx's team strives to be first in the event and any point counts towards the end.
      This has happened before and this frustration is real when you basically lose out on points.

• NinAK
      NinAK commented
      Editing a comment
      Ruarai I am currently in a competitive sapphire league and we are in first place, we have lost at least 4 pvp while it was night yet we are still in first place, not getting a pvp in the first 12 hours is literally a difference of 5-15k points where the final totals are over 5 million.

• Ruarai
      Ruarai commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats? Now imagine getting skipped over in the last pvp and getting overtaken.
      System is flawed in his league.

When the games 2 biggest supporters / creators of free unpaid content (Amoeba already quit) (Lx been severly let down) then you know the devs need to make some changes.

Comment

Let's please not turn this into a thread attacking each other. LX, what's your IGN? I'd be happy to review your ticket(s).

Comment

• Lx460
        Lx460 commented
        Editing a comment
        Lx460

Hrm, yeah. This definitely wasn't handled appropriately. I apologize for the bad service on this one, and I'll be discussing it with the support team.

I don't really have a solution for you right now as I need to investigate this more, but I'll hopefully have something for you on Monday.

Comment

• PGJared
        PGJared commented
        Editing a comment
        We definitely don't have a policy of "if you're terrible to us we'll give you stuff to get you to go away" or anything like that. We do have a fix for the inner fire issue in the works. Right now we're trying to avoid solutions that end up being "support manually gifts every player who reports in on the issue" because this leads to support getting absolutely flooded and unable to cope. That said, the response should be consistent and fair, which clearly it wasn't in your case. I apologize for that and we will do better in the future.

• TheRedDelilah
        TheRedDelilah commented
        Editing a comment
        PGJared - could the PVP islands work like the other event islands? I noticed when I finish off an event island after it has already been taken down, I will still get the points. Could this also happen for PVP so people don't lose inners?

• Owlrager
        Owlrager commented
        Editing a comment
        What Red said seems like a perfect solution. Just have pvp attacks count, even if they end after the pvp ends. Take the energy, inners etc and just give us the points for the attack we used them on. Easy and fair.

i tried 10 times to ask suppport for help and only once got adequate and exhaustive helping answer. i realy hate wd support!

Comment

Well, Monday came and went. Still no answer. Now we just got skipped in the final PvP, screwing us out of first.

Comment

• PGJared
          PGJared commented
          Editing a comment
          Monday isn't over. I'm still in the office and working on this.

• Lx460
          Lx460 commented
          Editing a comment
          Fair enough.

Okay, so I checked into this. The minimum time that a base should take to respawn is 3 hours. Getting your pvp bases more quickly than 3 hours is actually a bug that only happens during the first few minutes of the event.

In this case the support team was giving you incorrect information. I'll make sure they're updated and that this doesn't happen in the future.

Comment

• PGJared
          PGJared commented
          Editing a comment
          So the one for the first scheduled PVP *sounds* like a display bug, but I'd like a bit more info. For the first scheduled PVP did it start at 3 hours, count down to one minute, and then jump back up to 3 hours?

• Lx460
          Lx460 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes. The timer counted down from 3 hours to < 1 min and then jumped up to 3 hours again. We had no pvp battle at all.

This happened for the first scheduled pvp and the last one as well.

This happened for the first one scheduled and the very last one. The last one being the most important.

• PGJared
          PGJared commented
          Editing a comment
          Okay, thanks for clearing that up, and my apologies for misunderstanding you. This absolutely shouldn't happen. Even in a case where there *are* 23 teams (and not just two tied at 23) the odd-team-out should be served a PVE battle with rewards that are the same as PVP. I'm going to ask our engineers to investigate this more and try to determine the cause.

I'm also going to look into what kind of redress we can provide for your team in this situation.

I still feel like nobody is listening to me.

Comment

Nice work Captain.
        PGJared , As a player, I ask of you this:

If it happens once, its a fluke, but if it occurs twice, and the second time was critical to a league standing, how are you going to compensate a team that's committed?
        As the event has finished up, there's no way you can just provide us the 750K of points we could have obtain from the first and last PVP. You shouldn't change the standing or you will discourage a lot of teams. Items alone doesn't buy players trust back.

I know your department isn't resolution to bug, its to log the reported bug to your Dev's to make fixes. But this is a problem that is now introduce because one of your team member failed to move information up the correct chain. I don't feel the trust anymore Jared, I can detail all the missed efforts that I just gave up on, because it didn't seem to matter to the Support person. I don't want to hear apologies, they seem empty. I would rather a commitment to introducing your product to your support team.

I'm not saying the HALF BS of asking the team to create a new account and making the play the game at the beginning.
        Why not provide the team with Pre-Developed account for Better Advantage of understanding their Player base.

Why not introduce Support Tier Color? A team for each Tier of Dragons.
        Because those who are playing with red to gold dragons have no idea of what a Platinum dragon player is experiencing.

Can we have Reps who can communicate with Devs, so everything doesn't go through you, as I know you are busy?

IF any of the three points are implemented, you will have my trust back, otherwise I find support who gives book answer very stressful.

Thanks for listening.

Comment

• PGJared
          PGJared commented
          Editing a comment
          So, I'm not the only person on the PX team who talks to the dev team. I'm the head of the support team, but we have multiple other support team members who are in direct contact with our eng / art / dev / PM teams. I'm just the most visible because I spend so much time on the forum.

As far as having a team for each dragon tier, that would require us to have a pretty massive support team. It's a huge amount of folks, and we only have so many resources we can dedicate to the team.

The support team does have accounts, and they do play the game. We're trying to improve the amount they play the game though, to increase their knowledge.

You want an example why people hate contacting support? See pictures:

Comment

• cbwolfe
          cbwolfe commented
          Editing a comment
          I think you're being unreasonable. They could have outright said "Fuck you, I'm going to take a shit". Instead they took the time and copied and pasted you a nice reply. Be appreciative, man!

I can post a screenshot if needed but I was battling with being kicked out of the game for three months and constantly was told that the 'engineers' (toddlers playing with blocks) were working on a fix. I talked to someone who hadn't even played the game before and they helped me fix it within five minutes. Here's the kick in the guts, I asked if they'd like to know how my problem was solved and I haven't had a response, the support team isn't even interested in having solutions given to them.
        Mini rant over

Comment

PGJared

Didn't want you to forget about me. 😁

Comment

• PGJared
            PGJared commented
            Editing a comment
            Haven't forgotten you at all. We're actually working on an internal tool to make redress easier for your team. Once I have more info I'll let you know.

I hate contact support because most of time they don't solve the problems. Last time I contacted them was when everyone was surprised with the tons of speeds up used during the fortification event before last one when pg decided to increase the towers levels .
          I sent a ticket like everyone and received an automatic response saying that they are working to compensate the players affected after a couple of days they closed my ticket I contacted them again and they said it's the automatic system that closed the ticket but that mean they still working in my case and is taking time because they are doing that manually since that time a got nothing .
          why do I contact a costumer support that they don't support.

Comment

Working...
          X