This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family/Kid friendly Team

I have recently liquidated a sapphire team, and it is now only inhabited by a few player alts that our kids play on periodically. The team will fall to Platinum at league swap tonight.

If you have a spare account or two that you want to let your younger children play on occasionally, you are welcome to join my quiet little side team. There will be no war or event requirements, just a calm and G-rated place to let your kid play Mom or Dad's dragon game with you.

Search DAMAGELNC if you are interested.

Good idea buddy!

Comment

What a great thing to do!!

Comment

How do you disable league chat? All the nasty chat is coming from league chat.

Comment

• Robert M.
          Robert M. commented
          Editing a comment
          You don't, I just tell my kid to stay off of that tab. But they can chat in the team safely if we keep it under control.

Yes Jared, I know there is a social media age limit in the TOS. I supervise my kid on the app.

• Necrosism
          Necrosism commented
          Editing a comment
          the only way to prevent the drivel from lc is to block players.

Great idea. My kids like to play on occasion and I'm generally okay with it but the LC aspect makes me nervous.

For those that are considering this you could request to be blocked from LC via PG support. I know they have on occasion blocked people for LC so they could conceivably do it upon request.

Comment

One of my teammates let his daughter play and was surprised to see messages people sent to her and some were really not appropriate for her age so he ended up deleting the app on her ipad. It would be nice if there is a way to let your kids fly the dragons without worrying about all these sick people.

Comment

Agreed,needs a setting to block social with other teams

Comment

Giving a child access to this game and thinking that telling them not to push the LC tab is good parenting is simply plain stupid. I would classify some of the content in the LC I have seen as NC-17.

There are are plenty of games out there designed for children and even they are not always safe.

Comment

• Mechengg
                Mechengg commented
                Editing a comment
                Honestly there are zero problems in our League Chat. No foul language, no fighting. Everybody gets along and helps each other with bases lol

• Robert M.
                Robert M. commented
                Editing a comment
                Baladir Failing to read a post in its entirety and then insulting my parenting is simply plain stupid. I wrote clearly that I supervise my child, stupid. I log into a bigger alt account, my child logs in, and we sit together and play, stupid.

That's how you share your love for a game with your kid, stupid. You play together.

So many stupid people who run their mouth and look stupid because they didn't pay attention... Smh.
                Last edited by Robert M.; 3 weeks ago. Reason: Stupid people

• Baladir
                Baladir commented
                Editing a comment
                Lol Robert. Then I clearly must not have been directing my comments to you it you do not exhibit the behavior I described. Who's the stupid one here?

Teams will change and league chat changes with them every week. The Dev's are smart enough to realize this and have protected themselves with the EULA. Reminds me of a pediatrician I know who let his daughter ride her bicycle in the driveway without a helmet. What could happen right? Until she almost died from running into the garage door. Those of us who have had small children will appreciate the irony in that.

This is a TOS violation...where is the outrage monkey man? This team should be disband and all the accounts nuked.

Comment

• YellowMonkey
                YellowMonkey commented
                Editing a comment
                I haven't seen any ages mentioned. If under the TOS age limit then yes it's a violation.

I'm not going to start a fuss over something I don't have all the info of.

However, I myself would rather pg ban chat from any that is reported using explicit language(whether it's sexual or cursing) in LC. And, in return allow children to play with their parents. I myself don't buy packs, but I would for my kids. However, my oldest is 11 and under the tos guidelines.

Team chat is fine, teams can put notice of 18+ on their teams. LC however, is there for all to see.

I'll be perfectly honest and tell you that technically I violate the TOS, depending on how you view it. I own the account on my personal Apple ID, but allow my 9 year old to play under my direct supervision. She is not allowed to play dragons unless she and Dad are playing together. I don't care what anyone says I can and cannot do.

Comment

Sure hope it's not a violation! My 5 year old knows how to fly all 3 dragon types. She flies and I choose the spells. Always have to switch out my roster because she just has to fly the dodo's or chickens as she calls them! I'd question the parenting abilities of the active player who doesn't involve their kids before I would you, Robert.

Comment

Working...
                X