Announcement

Collapse

New Forums are now up!

Greetings Dragon Lords! Please visit our new forums at http://forums.wardragons.com! We're leaving this old forum up for a period of time to allow players to migrate over any important posts, but will eventually close them out. Please note that you will need to log in using your PocketID over on the new forum. You can also access them through the game by tapping on Settings > Forums!
See more
See less

How to solve the food shortage...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to solve the food shortage...

So guys, I just had an epiphany on how we could seriously oust this food shortage, or at least seriously help it. So I'm not sure how many of you guys have played Clash of Clans but if you have you know that based on the league you are in. (Which would be somewhat similar to basing scores off of medal count.) You get an automatic amount of resources just for winning the battle, regardless of how much the defender actually has. Now, I know it'd have to be designed so that you wouldn't get it from training bases. Maybe you could base the amount of automatic resources you get based off of defensive powers. Or just actually start banning so called "training bases" seeing as it's very obvious which ones they are. Now, tell me that wouldn't help out this food shortage.

Ban everyone who doesn't have a mage tower too, those become training bases. And anyone who is under 100 and has all the islands full, because those bases are too easy as well. Ban everyone who only has one mage tower per island. Ban everyone who doesn't have their farms maxed for their level. Ban everyone in bronze because they should try harder.

Ban everyone who doesn't set up their base how we tell them to. We purge like 40% of the players maybe there would be food again.

Comment

• Gcjager
      Gcjager commented
      Editing a comment
      People who haven't maxed their farms are sucking food out of the game.

• War fan
      War fan commented
      Editing a comment
      Which is the case for the conquer the world and king of the hill events: no rss from those attacks. And people are attaacking 100s of times per day (some, not all). Personally, I like that, as it makes not defending an easy choice.

• JoeBot
      JoeBot commented
      Editing a comment
      There are quite a few threads on this subject. I'm going to be closing out a few of them in order to clean things up.

If you would like to continue the conversation on resources, please do so here: http://wardragons.pocketgems.com/for...-food-shortage

Lol... Teams are created in bronze, teams would fall but never rise

Comment

• AOSimas0606
      AOSimas0606 commented
      Editing a comment
      What are you talking about? I think people are confused by my use of the word "league", in Clash of Clans it means something completely different from what it means here. In CoC the league you are in is an individual rating based off your relative win/loss ratio for that season. Based off of the league you are in in CoC you get automatic RSS for winning a battle that increases depending on the league you are in. It wouldn't effect how teams work at all.

• Dragon Lady
      Dragon Lady commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh I see lol

No... Food shortage isnt because someone "sucking the food out", it is bc the current farms even at max production doesn't give enough food to feed ONE dragon I maxed my farms, maxed my research, ppl group lvl dragon. No one pretend training bases doesn't exists... anyone can design their bases anyway they want.... training bases are actually what keep players in the game ...
    Many ppl have epiphanies, but don't do one where you ban ppl because of your sudden assumption....

Comment

• AOSimas0606
      AOSimas0606 commented
      Editing a comment
      Totally agree on that. As I said, I have nothing against training bases and that's not what I made this thread about. I'm saying for PG to implement the idea I'm saying it wouldn't make sense to be able to just hit a base with only farms for, let's say 5k food. Does it make sense what I'm saying? As for the farms not producing enough, that's exactly why I'm suggesting what I am. Every attack you do would automatically bring extra food into the game. Right now every attack you do actually takes food out of the game. The most efficient we as a community could be, would be to agree not to attack each other, which is obviously a ridiculous suggestion.

I think maybe some people aren't quite understanding what you're saying, AOS.

If you attack a training base with say, Amarok it costs approx 500 food. If you earn 12 food on that run, you are removing 488 food from the economy, whether you put that to use in training or someone raids it. Food just to run the dragon goes nowhere, it just vanishes. Any run should at least pay for the cost of operating the dragon on that run or you're banking a deficit.

That said, its hard when you can't find viable targets in your level range. Most of the time I cannot find a target over 2k. I completely must rely on the goodwill of my teammates to transfer or ride along with their runs. The only other option is buying food with rubies which is crazy considering it is "free" commodity.

Comment

The biggest issue is this. Here are the things that pull food out of the game. When I say pull out I mean that food no longer exists. Nobody can use it.

1. Attacking with dragons.
      2. Upgrading mills. (Fairly insignificant)
      3. Clearing fog. Though that diminishes later on.
      4. But primarily it's leveling dragons.

Things that bring food into the game.

1. Farms.
      2. Event prizes.

And neither of these are enough to come close to compensating for leveling dragons.

My suggestion is adding a completely new way of bringing food into the game. Attack rewards. You know how you can hit monuments and you can get boosts? Does the defender lose those boosts? Of course not! They were generated into the game. We need something similar to this for food. Where the food just comes from nowhere, nobody loses anything.

Comment

It doesn't really matter how PG chooses to balance the things on the +food side of the system with the things on the -food side of the system, as long as they actually do it.
        Same could be said of wood, although i know a lot fewer people complain about wood as it is much closer to being balanced.

Comment

• Lx460
          Lx460 commented
          Editing a comment
          I agree 100%.

• AOSimas0606
          AOSimas0606 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, agreed. I just want it fixed. I'm just suggesting ideas to get their brain juices flowing. Which has clearly failed considering nobody on PG has stopped by here yet.

• War fan
          War fan commented
          Editing a comment
          The only time my team sees a wood shortage is the fortification event. Otherwise, there's so much that if you ask for 100k, you'll likely to get 200k instead.

I dont see it as that big a deal..it makes the game more interesting, even tho i have a few drags that could use food to lvl, ettin, ith has 1.3m xp at lvl 17 lol. Didnt lvl him cause builder hut couldnt hold. 154 till...like an hour ago lol.
        Does it make the game harder? Ya. Do u like harder? Seems not.
        Maybe we should just log into 200k food every time so ur drags can be maxed . (Sarcasm )
        The food will probably balance out on it's own after the new drags are all fed, then u'll be like ohnoes we need more xp cause our drags are all fed help!

But seriously, why would wd staff want to bulk food?
        Take into the fact once a drag is lvled theres no goin back.
        It stays that power lvl untill fed again.
        U can only lvl them based on ur dragon den, storage hut.
        Even tho asking for food assistance is never fun, if ur part of a team, u have maybe 50 ppl that could send. 5k per thats 250k food, decent. Might lvl frigg once or twice.

Altho dble food during a wood event is and was really nice.
        Last edited by FangTheWise; 01-01-2016, 10:11 PM. Reason: Closed a parenthesis

Comment

• Etzelandkelsis
          Etzelandkelsis commented
          Editing a comment
          Not sure.... I do need 200K food for real please lol.... well yeah the game is totally interesting when you log in send all your food because you can only run dragons but can't lvl them and basically have capped on 7/10 drags I mean that is the ultimate fun! Day after day the moment u get above a 2 k display someone hit your base yay!!!! I mean what a challenge! I couldn't help but smile every time I stare at 4 mil exp and not enough food!
          WD should not inject food into the system, let the challenge lives! I mean the more I cannot lvl my dragons the better the game becomes! I mean why would I ever quit a game that locked me in one place forever??? Also totally possible for all 50 ppl each send me 5k food all at the same time! Even better, if I keep that food longer than 5 min , I can even pass it through the system by being raided!!!!! Freaking awesome! Why would I want my dragons to lvl anyway, who cares about increase in attack power when I can stare at a forever lvl 14 dragon!

• Rapsidy
          Rapsidy commented
          Editing a comment
          Sounds logical, here's a point to counter that tho. U act like 200k food is a lot. In fact, it's nothing. If I were to ask for all the food I need right now since I just hit 70, I would need close to 3 million food for all my dragons. We have two players on team who just hit 63 and another two beside me who are at the 70 mark. We're talking between all of us probably at least 10 million food. I'm being stingy on the number it's probably far greater. And people are only going up in levels with much bigger dragons coming soon. When the amount of food a team needs goes into the double digit of millions, it makes the extreme imbalance all more real and frustrating.

I'm okay with harder. Harder is good. I'm not okay with ridiculousness, which is what it is. With current production rates of food we are literally just sustained from the day to day by what the farms put out. Thank God there are so many inactive people at lower levels to keep it as good as it is. And you've clearly missed the last few months of this game if you think it will balance out after the new drags are fed, by that logic the famine would've ended after the double food weekend. The point is with this negative production food number it will reach the point where people literally will not be able to level dragons ever by raiding food. It has already nearly hit that point among high levels, because they have virtually no inactives to hit.

Comment

I am really fed up with food shortages too. It's impossible to save above 20k food without being attacked. PG doesn't care! They want you to grind, buy potion and grind again. You really think they will change the food balance? I don't think so.... But it's getting ridiculous. This game has became a hide and seek... It has become to be a game of shifting food around to teammates and have your teammates all shift back to you at the same time to avoid getting robbed. This is getting stupid

Comment

just held 70k food, then spent on lumber farm....*shrug* game likes me more

Comment

• AOSimas0606
              AOSimas0606 commented
              Editing a comment
              What level are you at? How long did you hold it? Did you get it from transfers?

I have thought for a while now the way to solve the food shortage is to be able to feed dragons in stages. If you have a dragon that needs 80k food to level up then there should be a way to feed him smaller amounts until you feed him enough to level.

My exact idea for this would be that you would have to feed in amounts of no less than 1/4 or 1/3rd the total needed. And you would have say 24 hours to complete feeding it the total or you loose what you have already fed it.
            What, me worry?

Comment

• War fan
              War fan commented
              Editing a comment
              Actually, it would make food shortage worse: you're taking food that it's your storage and putting it in your dragon. That takes it out of "circulation", causing a shortage. Especially if it disappears if you can't finish it.

It's the same idea of a bank: you're taking food out of circulation, which removes it from being available, and causing a worse shortage.

• CaptainC
              CaptainC commented
              Editing a comment
              The idea is not perfect. But nothing we can think of would be. There are advantages and disadvantages to every system.

• Gcjager
              Gcjager commented
              Editing a comment
              Perhaps if you don't feed it on time it returns to your storage to be raided.

I think something that can be brought back to help with the shortage is to bring back where if you reach a certain point in the event than for the next week your farms generates more food and wood.

Comment

I find this pic extremely amusing and humorous.

Comment

I think the ideal way to fix after talking about it may just be the simplest. Just permanently increase the farm efficiency.

Comment

Working...
                X