Announcement

Collapse

War Dragons Forum is Undergoing Migration

UPDATE: The migration process has been delayed due to unforeseen circumstances. We're still aiming for launch this week. Thanks for bearing with us!

Please visit this thread HERE for more details and periodic updates on progress!
See more
See less

Thread Necro Bans

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yay the ban hammer has been lifted. Handing out bans for something that wasnt even listed in the tos ect until you went and changed it, after handing out mass bans... what is the point of now posting any content on these forums. News stories ok it makes sense to not constantly spam them, thats why theres this thing called locking a thread. But posting any guides, base layouts or new tower/spell sugestions is now dead. It is pointless for anyone to spend time and effort making a decent thread now because in a month it will be untouchable and cant be updated with new info when a new update comes out. There is now literally no point to these forums unless you want to completly and utterly remake a thread everytime theres a relevent update.(which them makes the point of the necro rule completly assinine if its to cut down on clutter)

You guys have officially become number 1 on my worst customer relations list. And the guy before you was games workshop, a company that has brought design companies to the very brink of bankrupcy because of refusals to follow any of the players advice and cause games to die after less then a week.

Comment

• SuperSax
      SuperSax commented
      Editing a comment
      nailed it!

reminds me of politics in USA... simply make up some truth and enforce it to distract from major problems (sorry guys... sad but true).

๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š

Comment

Maybe have some of your engineering team reading forums?

Just a suggestion ๐Ÿ˜‰

Comment

Then could you police the bullies saying โ€œyou keep posting the same topicโ€ well not everyone lives on the forums waiting to troll someone with questions that need to be answered. Some Vets are helpful like Red while others โ€œwho wonโ€™t b namedโ€ not so much. Some Questions are legit when a thread might even be a week or 2 old and is buried. Everyone needs to help everyone else, not be a measuring contest on who can scare casual player.

Comment

• PGJared
          PGJared commented
          Editing a comment
          If you see a thread or post that you think requires attention that I or one of the mods hasn't gotten to yet, please flag it. We take a look at every flagged post.

This is one of the dumbest things I have heard anyone from PG say, and there have been quite a few doozies. But on the positive side, you have 100% confirmed that I should never again give any of my money to PG through WarDragons or any other PG games in the future. Welcome to the list.

I have now given WarDragons a 1-Star rating, and would encourage everyone else who has any issue with PG, WarDragons, or the Support received in this game that they should do the same. If the game were to drop a star or two maybe PG would actually stop allowing their employees to say and do such ridiculous things.

Despite the fact that this post has not violated a single rule, I'm sure you will delete it and probably ban me again for no apparent reason, since that seems to be how you guys handle support and feedback. Good luck, I won't be returning to the forums since our feedback is clearly not desired by PG.

Comment

I see this is being well managed

Comment

Could definitely be managed better. Perhaps a simple mail to the thread owner to close old threads will work better than BAN! BAN! BAN! anyone "silly" enough to post in an old thread and referencing a rule clearly a majority of the user base knew nothing about. PGJared I'll be happy to give you a few tips on how to manage customer relations if you like. FoC!

Comment

Wait. I just saw PGJared say he closed the "my eyes!" thread. If so why don't PG just close all threads with more than 30days of inactivity instead of banning people?

Comment

• PGJared
                PGJared commented
                Editing a comment
                There's a huge difference between closing a thread I was posting in an hour ago and going through daily to close any thread with 30 days of inactivity. If there was a way to automate it without changing vBulletin code, I'd do it and save us all the hassle. Once we move to Discourse I'll look into seeing if there are ways to automate it there.

I've always thought "necroing a thread" was forum slang and not many knew what it means unless they are frequently lurking on forums (like me lol).

So yes, I was also surprised by this rule and trying to discuss possible exceptions or changes.

BUT to all forum users:

1) If you want something to be changed, bring some valid points, enter a discussion and act respectful and mature.

2) Treat other players and admins the way you want to be treated.

Most of you want Jared to act reasonable, well then try to be a good example yourself.
              MareZ ~ lvl20X ~ Garnet Tier Dragons

Important Threads to find everything you need

Comment

• PGJared
                PGJared commented
                Editing a comment
                The reopen thing on Android will be fixed with the CRM update in October / November.

• Dakhunter
                Dakhunter commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank you for the straight forward answer PGJared ...
                This is what your players prefer. Good communication between PG and players

• Morpheus316
                Morpheus316 commented
                Editing a comment
                Totally Agree!!!

So we get a ban if we don't notice that someone bumped an old thread ? Seems a bit heavy handed.

Comment

Originally posted by Morpheus316 View Post
                Then could you police the bullies saying โ€œyou keep posting the same topicโ€ well not everyone lives on the forums waiting to troll someone with questions that need to be answered. Some Vets are helpful like Red while others โ€œwho wonโ€™t b namedโ€ not so much. Some Questions are legit when a thread might even be a week or 2 old and is buried. Everyone needs to help everyone else, not be a measuring contest on who can scare casual player.

I wish I had read the forums and known what this game was all about when I started. I see it as a service to the community. I wouldn't have wasted three years of time and could have gotten on about more important things like organizing my sock drawer which is just as fun as the game is now.
                Last edited by Rakic; 2 weeks ago.

Comment

Well this thread has gone on much longer than I expected. People are all concerned about being banned from forums and such now. Calm down everyone. Jarad merely pointed out a rule, a rule that exists so that we (the player base) don't constantly annoy PG and other players by resurfacing old content that no one cares about. Correct me if i am wrong Jarad, but I seriously doubt Jarad is going to ban someone for bringing up a new and relevant point on an old thread, especially if it is not an attempt to annoy others. Such as in Red's case with her updating her breeding post and such.

Jarad has a point though. Try to NOT make old threads new again. Also he has pointed out a rule nearly ALL OF US knew nothing about. Good, so now we know. Lets move on. If people start getting 1 day bans for what i would argue are legitimate times that rule gets violated. We can then all violate it together and bring this thread back!

In the meantime. Let it go, let it GO! Can't hold it back anymore, Let it Go! Let GOOO, turn away and slam the door, I dont care what they're going to say. Let the storm rage on, the cold never bothered me anyway!

wait.. what was i saying?

Comment

• SuavGlav
                    SuavGlav commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hole in your logic:

Jared banned FIRST, then made a thread explaining why and referencing a rule almost nobody was aware of and that didn't even exist on one of the Code of Conduct stickies because nobody bothered to check if it was posted in more than one place. Hell, I bumped this thread several times and at no point was the Code of Conduct or disciplinary action for 'Repeated bumping or Thread Necro' even brought up-- which would have been a more appropriate application IMO.

The 'ban first, clarify second' method is a shitty way to run a forum that's supposed to be for your players. Civility is one thing; nit-picking over obscure rules violations without even warning is another thing all together.

So yeah, Jared is getting ban-happy and nobody's really sure anymore what constitutes a ban-able offense, so now everybody's a little wary of even TALKING about how they feel about the game.
                    Last edited by SuavGlav; 2 weeks ago.

• MikeGoN2GetU
                    MikeGoN2GetU commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Dont make me sing again lol

• War fan
                    War fan commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Another problem is that hyperlinks dpn't work in the forums in-game. At least they never have for me.
                Working...
                X