A Month of Flawless Execution

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Month of Flawless Execution

Just curious if your Atlas kick off party is actually in San Francisco on October 27th? I am also curious if the venue actually knows you'll be attending? Will there be food and drinks, or even table and chairs? If it's anything like how you release events and new content I'd be willing to bet that the answer to 75% of the above questions is "after actually thinking about that, no". Instead of publishing articles about how to overcome a player boycott, your senior leadership should be firing whoever works on these and finding someone competent.

Hi. I'm not sure what this is in reference to.

either way, please don't post about "firing" my hardworking colleagues. I'm open to negative feedback but this is extremely rude.

Comment

• Sandberg74
      Sandberg74 commented
      Editing a comment
      CL, please. Even if a staff is hardworking, you shouldnt continously be doing the same mistakes over and over. Then its not the right people for the job.

Even a simply checklist, would remove lots of the errors when launching events.

• Cameron90
      Cameron90 commented
      Editing a comment
      boo hoo...I think it's rude for PG to continuously fist their players every fucking event.

• gaza8143
      gaza8143 commented
      Editing a comment
      CampusLifer you are a gun but you do seem to have colleagues that perform at a lower than expected level. Many of the recent issues feel careless or have a lack of attention to detail.

Most organisations demand high performance. Do you want to be carrying a team of under performers? They either need extra training to get to the right standard of work or be assigned to a role that compliments their skill set.

If they arent cut out for it then they need to be managed out like in every other business. They will get another job where they can excel so it is no disrepect.

Every business is as strong as the weakest link and you guys have a few weak links damaging your reputation as a company. Even if you are happy to put in extra hours to carry them keep in mind the reputational impact on the company if you apply for a new job one day.

I was curious, so dug up links if other people also are...
    article Shen mentions
    boycott thread mentioned in the article
    and a followup
    [ITIL isn't my IGN]
    XP Calculator, Days to Level, XP Lookup, Evo Stone Level Lookup

Comment

• ITIL
      ITIL commented
      Editing a comment

• SuavGlav
      SuavGlav commented
      Editing a comment
      All points addressed in the boycott letter are still relevant a year later.

The 'funness' dragons were made irrelevant almost as soon as that article was published due to over-aggressive release of higher tiers of lineage dragons and ever-increasing evo levels of divines. The bases haven't been re-skinned since that article was published. Also, I challenge anyone to cite the last event that didn't have at least one major hiccup. And there's a perceived decrease in visible concern for the experience of players without deep pockets year over year.

You can now add to it unannounced nerfing of runes (Invert/RP, Freeze/Ice Shock, Explosive Shield/Explosive Barrier), post-release changes to divine dragon spells (Borgian), the great Sapphire wall and chests of ever diminishing returns, damaging alterations to PVP mechanics (removal of valors without compensation, removal of bonus meter without scaling point requirements for prize tiers, and the megacoin), and severe regression in communication between PG and its players (closing of AA chat, abandoning of monthly feedback thread, consistent failure to announce some changes).

So yeah... not a lot of confidence in the kids over at PG right now. Rudeness sucks, however it seems it's the only shot we have at hearing from anyone outside the game security pod, let alone the 'happiness pod', whatever the hell that is...

• SuavGlav
      SuavGlav commented
      Editing a comment
      By the by, anyone else catch the fact that every single comment attached to that article this past week was summarily deleted and the thread closed?

It's being discussed PG, whether you like it or not.

Fix the game.

Why is Shenanigans banned? Exactly which forum rules did he break by expressing an opinion? He was not threatening and did not use any offensive language or call out any specific person by name. So he's banned for saying that he thinks someone is not doing his or her job correctly and that that person should be fired? Isn't that what happens in the real world? If I went to a store and received what I perceived as poor service, told the manager that I thought the service was so bad that the employee should be fired, would I be banned from the store? Of course I wouldn't! Not if I remained calm and just stated the facts of the situation. Others agreed with him, as do I. Are we the next to be banned? I'm thinking "hurting feelings" is now a bannable offense? If so, this place will be a ghost town soon.
    Last edited by Bami; 4 weeks ago.

Comment

• Cameron90
      Cameron90 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hurt feelings is their go to bannable offense. Hell Seppy once got banned because her rendition of one of Aesop’s fables hurt Jared’s fragile feelings.

So this is interesting, in the article it states "The first is the obvious one. No one wants to make a game that frustrates players so much they feel compelled to boycott you."
    However recently CL did tell us that the destruction screen we see every time we log in was intentionally put there to piss us off.
    Is that particular thing enough for people to quit, No, not by itself but it certainly adds to the bad decisions which accumulate and eventually tip people over the edge.

So.... Your move PG, when are you going to wake up and stop beating us up with BS!

Comment

You collection of crybabies.

God forbid anyone should expect some level of accountability from you.

This is a load of crap. Unban Shen.

Do better.
      Last edited by SuavGlav; 4 weeks ago.

Comment

• Rakic
        Rakic commented
        Editing a comment
        Appears they have a case of snowflake syndrome around here. Must be millennials...don't bother me with the truth if it hurts my feelings. We must silence the opposition at once!

• Owlrager
        Owlrager commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow, Ive seen people say far far worse than what Shen got banned for and nothing happens. I shouldnt even say worse bc what he said was actually quite polite. And you wonder why this forum is full of toxicity and cynicism, it starts with you (pg), not us.
        Last edited by Owlrager; 4 weeks ago.

Hahaha the unnecessary ban hammer is out again. Good bye all. It was nice knowing you. I am sure my time is soon.

Comment

• Dravoz
        Dravoz commented
        Editing a comment
        It's quite nice watching the fire when you're not in the building.

"We had been pursuing some aggressive monetisation goals that had been quietly upsetting players."

Wow, what a shocking revelation! Thank god it's not like that now.

Comment

Its like the Hunger Games , PG keep knocking us off

Comment

• Chromat1
          Chromat1 commented
          Editing a comment
          I Got my Popcorn Nom nom nom. Best forums ever!

I don't know why but I suddenly got an urge to hunt out my copy of Aesop's Fables...

Comment

• Spooky
          Spooky commented
          Editing a comment
          Never a bad time to reacquaint ourselves with these timeless classics containing wise advice still pertinent today. The Dog and his Reflection is a personal favorite.

• gaza8143
          gaza8143 commented
          Editing a comment
          I couldnt find any fables about packs of lube and 20" accessories. Oh thats right PG dont let us have lube when we get taken by the accessories.

• ITIL
          ITIL commented
          Editing a comment
          Sour grapes?

In my line of work, someone who isn't even able to write Donivalis correctly isn't someone who is going to keep working for long... constant mess-ups left alone.

It amazes me, almost beyond belief every single time despite knowing better how folks keep funding your product while being handled this way.

CampusLifer
        Back then, the biggest level in game passed the 450 cap resulting in your colleagues accusing him of cheating. After several weeks it was decided to fix the account, after you took away a ton of resources he received as compensation for another former grave error your company made.

While you where at it, you didn't fail to wrongfully ban another core player because he happened to bread a dragon additionally to that. Your company's product was malfunctioning to the point it kicked an entire team out of diamond without proper compensation.

And now you guys go ahead and ban Shen... and then ask where this toxic vibe is coming from.

Comment

you know someone is butt hurt so they banned shen. seriously they cant even properly reply to the forums. well this guys is speaking the truth lets ban him.

Comment

CampusLifer Bring shen back please, you had no justification to ban him. You guys either don't reply or don't let the individual talk and this is ridiculous. Come on and do the right thing!

Comment

The seed of an idea pertaining to War Dragons fanfic with didactic undertones just planted itself in my head. I guess if I still gave enough of a fuck I'd write one from scratch but instead I'll pay tribute to Spooky by badly ripping off the original:

A player, to whom PG had thrown a bone, was hurrying home with his iTunes cards as fast as he could go. As he crossed into the loading screen, he happened to look down and saw his £25 iTunes card reflected in the iPad screen as if in a mirror. But greedy PG thought they saw a real billionaire carrying an iTunes card much bigger than that it was.

If they had stopped to think, they would have known better. But instead of thinking, they ramped up the cost of everything and sprang out a mega coin only to find themselves swimming for dear life to reach their quarterly profit targets. At last they managed to scramble out into the barren world of Atlas, and as they stood sadly thinking about the good player base they had lost, they realised what stupid gamemakers they had been.

*cue sound of Aesop rolling in his grave*

Comment

• Spooky
                Spooky commented
                Editing a comment
                I feel unworthy to receive any credit for this amazing parable, a ripping good yarn indeed. 10/10 would read again 😁

It is extraordinarily naive to believe that every worker at PG is competent, given the numbers of errors we encounter on every event. It is also disrespectful to the players to ban someone for implying that poor performance in an employee might be rewarded by termination. I have never had a job where there were not many incompetents. And that includes the medical profession where 100k of people die every year for medical errors, often well covered up, the police profession where errors lead to deaths, the legal profession where innocent people are incarcerated. Why would a GAME be any different? Avoidance is a great defense mechanism, one of my favorites, but eventually you really need to admit errors instead of being defensive.

Comment

Working...
              X