Leaving War Dragons

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaving War Dragons

Back in February, the thread below was posted...

http://wardragons.pocketgems.com/for...ng-war-dragons

I now find myself leaving for the same reasons at more or less the same stage of the game (level 261, former moderate spender circa USD$100-$200 per event).

I wish you all well.

Dravoz, out.

PGJared EggToken

That graph looks about right. I do wonder why i am still playing these days.

PG this is exactly why there have been so many posts about scaling recently.

Comment

• Dravoz
      Dravoz commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm sure they'll 'look at' the issues and have internal discussions about them for the next 6 months. Just don't expect any actual action to be taken.

Nice graph, the three "incentive" stages seems quite accurate even for someone like me who never spent that much.

I for myself bought only a couple of packs to jump through the slow 63-84 area and get legendary gold dragons back then.
    Since around lvl140 once I got Hauheset I went down to purely elite. Now I'm a little over 200 and can't remember the last time I bought a pack.
    I'm just enjoying what's fun and not really worrying about ever catching up. Not planning to quit but also absolutely zero incentive to spend even 5 bucks more than I currently do.
    MareZ ~ lvl20X ~ Garnet Tier Dragons

Important Threads to find everything you need

Comment

• ITIL
      ITIL commented
      Editing a comment
      I've always wondered about when and how much people have spent to get to where they are, just as a matter of curiosity.

Dravoz Thanks for the graph and spending transparency as well.

PG seems to see only the $$$ coming in from whales, so the rest of us 99% don't really matter.

Notice the current version of CtW: megacoins are only for those who buy lots of gold chests (you CAN get some of the items you need from bronze, but not enough to make a difference), and since they took away the bonus meter, you can kiss your award levels goodbye.

Notice also how PG has stopped talking about event metrics (how many have reached what level), because the only ones who consistently get there are the whales. 90%+ of us probably don't get a high as we did the last time they ran the event (the same one).

Plus, PG seems to nerf the contents of each award level each time they run the event again.

Comment

As long as this state will continue

max points 199k

Whale 1: 877k
      W2: 874k
      W87: 297k points

nothing will ever change

Comment

• Dravoz
        Dravoz commented
        Editing a comment
        So true

Well shoot, I remember reading that linked post when I was first starting out and was confused at first, bc as op's graph shows, I was making very rewarding progress and this game was the most addicting mobile game I've ever played. Now I'm reading it for the second time, and NOTHING the OP attributed to his leaving has changed! None of the points he brought up:
      the sapphire wall (scaling), increased reward prices/diminished rewards, crap items in gold chests, even cloak not working for crying out loud and the ever presence of bugs and a clear evidence of lack of quality testing BEFORE a feature is released has changed.
      It's been 7 months since that post was made. 7 months. It's really depressing to see... a lot of conclusions can be made right here but in the end it's just really depressing to see.

Comment

• Dravoz
        Dravoz commented
        Editing a comment
        Exactly. There's a lesson there. I was slow to learn it, but I got there.

I'm a lvl 280 player and I've posted about this exact issue before. I'm on a sapphire team and I currently have about 10 lvl 200 or greater players who want to quit myself included. We are waiting for the release of the world map... but if that looks anything like the start of this last event then I'm afraid most of the team will quit. If you look at the players levels you can see how few lvl 220-300s there are. Thats when players are quitting the game. Yes there's lots of 300+ but those are your big spenders. There's just nothing to keep a mid to high lvl 200 entertained unless they want to spend 250 or more per event. Even my alt which is lvl 170 has nothing to do. It's taken me 4 breed events to get hauset and when I do finally get him he will be irrelevant because of the addition of higher level towers and divine dragons. So I just wasted 4 months on a dragon I'll prob never fly past breedable. Because I can't breed a new dragon I can't progress in the game my dragons are either capped or maxed out. I don't want to build on fort events because then I have to attack higher level players with weak dragons to get the same crap I was getting at the lower level. There's no incentive to play or to grow. I've seen this issue posted in the forums tons of times for over a year and pg mostly says they don't understand. It's not likely that pg will ever understand and I've given up hope that they will even attempt to fix these issues.
      Last edited by VirNinja; 09-15-2017, 07:21 AM.

Comment

• Thatguy472
        Thatguy472 commented
        Editing a comment
        This^^^

Just do not expect it to require normal flying tactics to be good enough to keep Hau around long term. A great flyer can do real damage with him though.

• Dakhunter
        Dakhunter commented
        Editing a comment
        We use Hau a lot in war too. So no worries. You can stick with hau even with the lv55 towers

• Kittens
        Kittens commented
        Editing a comment
        Hau will be the best for anyone who isn't spending thousands, even into emerald/obsidian+. By the time you get there with a reasonable play/spending, there will be enough new tower levels for those dragons to die in one hit. Hau, too, but at least you can throw sand and get someone to waste hammers on repairing the pixel of tower hp you take off by unloading your entire ammo into it via the life after death spell. That is, unless there's somehow a divine with a better skillset, assuming the same die in one hit rule.

Someone posted a Chinese monetization video a while back, and that's pretty much what's going on. Whales dwarf all other spending, so they're harvested by turning it into a spending contest and ramping up the need for spending(exponential scaling) until the wheels come off. There's no long term consideration, just create/buy another game, lather, rinse, repeat.

Awesome graph.

Comment

• Dravoz
        Dravoz commented
        Editing a comment
        Just something I whipped up to summarise my experience. Hoping it'll help to inform others who are perhaps about to take a nosedive in terms of engagement

Thank you so much for all your thoughts you have shared with the forums. I am actually jealous of your leave. I wish i was able to quit but instead i will keep throwing out my ideas here untill i, like you, am too tired of PG's ignorance. So sorry that PG has wasted your time. Good luck to you.
      Last edited by XxTrue1xX; 09-15-2017, 09:26 AM.

Comment

• Dravoz
        Dravoz commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks. Good luck to you too.

Thats an insane amount of money to throw at a mini game, i never really understood why people prefer pay2win but in my opinion thats why pg is milking it. If players like you are willing to spend 200 dollars per event, any smart company will keep making end game content harder to reach to keep you spending more and more without them having to constantly create new content.

I can understand low spender players who conplain that pg only favours the 1% or 5% or whatever. But when you spend 200 dollara per event you are part of the problem not part of the solution.

Comment

• Napk1n
        Napk1n commented
        Editing a comment
        Okay so first of all i am very aware of the current situation in this game, I know is a damn long road to get to emerald let alone obsidian, and yes im perfectly aware of how much a certain group of players spend in towards the game.

Now back to my point that you completly miss. Regardless of how much you spend, wether is 100, 200 or 10k dollars during events you are still contributing to pg's market strategy and they will milk it for as long as it works, is only natural. This game is in such state cuz players allow it, literally. Is ironic to complain that pg wants more and more money when you are feeding the money yourself.

By no means am i saying that he is the problem entirely , im just saying that he is part of the problem.

I enjoy the game, shit i first started playing when i was in the hospital with literally nothing else to do so i played for hours everyday, but i will never pay for progress in ANY game. I have spent over 1k dollars in other game skins and side shit. But when your spending money in a p2w feature, you are just helping/feeding the p2w game model.

• Makotora
        Makotora commented
        Editing a comment
        I think I have similar economic sense with you...I thought $200 per event is more in the whale range...

But I guess if even those people aren't feeling enough progress, it is a scaling problem.

• Dravoz
        Dravoz commented
        Editing a comment
        I spent that much because reward outweighed the cost up to a point. There's something very wrong when you can get to the stage of the game I got to and $200 gets you basically nothing. I acknowledge that I spent too much (knowing what I know now). Maybe others can learn something from this.

Dravoz Bye! Thanks for playing and being a part of the community for so long.

Comment

• SuavGlav
        SuavGlav commented
        Editing a comment
        CampusLifer I'm sure the intended sentiment was sincere, but with all the issues being cited as reasons for Dravoz and others leaving the game not being addressed by PG, it's probably best to express that in a PM.

This is kind of a bad look for PG.

• Dravoz
        Dravoz commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks. I'd still be playing (and paying) if PG would actually address fundamental issues with the game instead of just talking in endless circles. But seeing as there seems to be no chance of this happening, I'll take my money elsewhere.

• Luis23
        Luis23 commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow... "thanks for playing" = "thanks for giving us your money for so long. We don't care if you leave because there are many other new spenders coming, we don't care if you leave or stay" <-- that's the message PG gives for everyone who takes their time to point the things that should be addressed

$100-200/month is more than enough to spend on an app game but completely laughable for how PG has the game set up. When there was a bonus meter, diligent game play was rewarded. Time in game mattered. Now, it's all shifted to mega attacks. Break out your wallet and have at it. Or just hack for rubies and have at it. Either way, it's ruined events. I've played for 3 years and doubt I'll last much longer. The cost is just out of control.

Looking for suggestions on new games!

Comment

• Dravoz
        Dravoz commented
        Editing a comment
        Yep, sadly you are correct. I'm playing Clash Royale for now. It's basic, but fun.

Lol... Dravoz good luck to you man, hold the door because I am sure there are others on their way out after you. It really is sad to watch the game become what it is, the completely disingenuous goodbyes on the part of PG and the fact that despite clear player resentment, the familiar sound of nobody caring.

Comment

• Dravoz
        Dravoz commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Panda. PG assuredly don't care, and that's a sad thing. I'm playing Clash Royale instead for the time being. Not as deep as WD, but it's fun, and that's good enough for now.

It's so true. The game is over if you are in the sapphire tier. The breed cost are too high to keep the game enjoyable. There is only the sigil run for divines left. The game lacks of glitches, new glitches and boring boring events. Fly your dragons the same rounds over and over again. And with the newest dragon no tactics are needed. PG does not respond to this. Because they follow the stupid asses that spends money. But do not cry. There are other nice games to play in the game store.

Comment

• Dravoz
        Dravoz commented
        Editing a comment
        Such a shame. WD is a great game that is suffering a death by 1000 cuts.

Would be interested to hear which games might be good substitutes - I've got to put an end to the torture sooner rather than later, and Atlas might just be the incentive needed to get out for good.

If you're reading this Dravoz, good luck and it's a shame that your Spending Boycott idea never really came to fruition. Until it does (or enough players quit and word gets out to avoid this game) things won't change, I suspect.

Comment

• Dravoz
        Dravoz commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Flames. I tried. But, it's apparent that neither PG nor the mega-whales will change. So, I've removed myself from the situation.
    Working...
    X