Announcement

Collapse

New Forums are now up!

Greetings Dragon Lords! Please visit our new forums at http://forums.wardragons.com! We're leaving this old forum up for a period of time to allow players to migrate over any important posts, but will eventually close them out. Please note that you will need to log in using your PocketID over on the new forum. You can also access them through the game by tapping on Settings > Forums!
See more
See less

How do people deal with ....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CampusLifer View Post
    I know a lot of our active players are in the many line chats out there.

How do you deal with playing the game when there's a steam of LINE messages poping up on the screen while you're trying to play?

I use a device seperate to the one I play games on, also all chats can be muted.
    Level 220

Comment

Most handy part... you can use it quick and dont need to start a app which is loading very long until all buildings and banners appeared.

You can just tab at your phone and answer fast at screen . I mean CampusLifer , you people will have some chat apps too, havent you ? So you know why it is useful.
      Btw in Line you create a account, no need to share numbers !

Comment

My honest opinion? LINE is more fun than the game right now - not to continue beating what appears to be a dead horse but the constant crashes and continued lack of my personal progress really have put a dampener on my enthusiasm.

Comment

I agree with the earlier sentiment, it is prolly time to find a new team if they'd rather yap on LINE than help a member with a war attack.

Unrelated, do you have to identify yourself as a PG employee to your teammates in game (if you use a different username that is)?

Comment

Obviously, everyone else mentioned that you can mute notifications, so I wanted to clarify Emrah's comment. As long as you aren't in a battle, you can actually send replies without leaving the WD app (which is amazing because of how long it takes to reload the app even if you just accidentally hit the home button, or something).

Comment

Originally posted by CampusLifer View Post
              I know a lot of our active players are in the many line chats out there.

How do you deal with playing the game when there's a steam of LINE messages poping up on the screen while you're trying to play?
              Lol, Mute them. Our line chat is so crazy there's no way I could function if it wasn't muted. Then you can simply pop in and read line at your leisure instead of getting pinged on it constantly.

I think there are several reasons people like Line.
              - Its not tied to any specific league or team, though many teams do use it.
              - Its independent of the game (significantly faster to load, more flexible in use such as posting pictures, video's, and sound clips, etc...)
              - We can have our team chat setup, and still invite friends to join our chats, or invite potential new members to join our line chat before we actually invite them into the guild.
              - Unlike the game chat, it isn't constantly swapping us to new rooms (zing! fix this crap, it is stupid to be chatting in one window, close the window then try to reopen it only to end up in league chat, default chat should either be the last chat YOU OPENED, or default to Guild Chat.).

Comment

Yeah I mute them all except for individual chats and officer chat. It gets crazy. I haven't let it go a full day without checking on it, but I know we get at least 2000 a day. The advantage for me is pretty much everything Hostage said, along with when members need to get in touch with me right away they just tag me in Line and I can pretty much get there right then. If they tag me in game, they're at the mercy of when I can take a long enough break, and even then what they said might have vanished into the chat vortex. It is always there in Line. It's easier for officers to keep track of important things and have more in depth conversations there than in the game because of that. It also helps our members who log on at a different time than most of the other members. They go to the Line chat, ask for backup, and more often than not get it.
                - Ghost
                Leader of DeathsDominion
                http://deathsdominion.weebly.com/
                https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCod...V5UgVsm6HivvXA

Comment

Use different device OR have notifications with no banners
                  Commend my persistence ^.^

Comment

Working...
                  X