Announcement

Collapse

New Forums are now up!

Greetings Dragon Lords! Please visit our new forums at http://forums.wardragons.com! We're leaving this old forum up for a period of time to allow players to migrate over any important posts, but will eventually close them out. Please note that you will need to log in using your PocketID over on the new forum. You can also access them through the game by tapping on Settings > Forums!
See more
See less

Upcoming Forum Migration!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upcoming Forum Migration!

Hey folks,

We are in the process of migrating to a new forum, and we're on the final stretch. As we get closer to completion we'll have a "what this means to you" section with all the information you'll need. This also means that we will likely close the forum for a day or two while things get migrated over.

What this means to you:
    • URL will become forums.wardragons.com. The current URL will be live in a read-only state after the migration.
    • Your username and login should stay the same. There may be a password reset email sent out to all users, so please make sure the email on your forum account is the correct one.
    • Channel permissions will have to be reset. If you're in the beta channel or some other private channel you will have to be re-added. We should get most of this done on the back end, but there may be a bit of friction at first.
    • Moderators will lose their moderator status and we will open applications for players to become mods once the migration is complete. This is in no way commentary on the mods (who have done a fantastic job in my book), this is just a clean slate and I want to give players the chance to participate as well.
    • There may be some posts or threads that do not carry over from the old forum to the new one. We're trying to avoid this, but it might happen. We'll be keeping the old forum as read-only for a while in case anyone wants to copy posts or threads over.
    Last edited by PGJared; 08-31-2017, 11:10 AM.

Like this if you would like me to be your Mod

Comment

• Vosulaa
      Vosulaa commented
      Editing a comment
      Would be some entertainment at least 🤣

• Shenanigans
      Shenanigans commented
      Editing a comment
      PGJared change is a good thing

• Mechengg
      Mechengg commented
      Editing a comment
      It's a shame we can't like Jared's response instead lol

Great to hear that this is getting closer

Which platform will it be on?
    [ITIL isn't my IGN]
    XP Calculator, Days to Level, XP Lookup, Evo Stone Level Lookup

Comment

Sweet deal. I know many times players have asked for a better forum.

Comment

Originally posted by ITIL View Post
        Great to hear that this is getting closer

Which platform will it be on?
        Discourse!

Comment

I can't say I'm happy about the change in software, I happen to be fond of VB and think that if more of its features were used here it could still do a great job.

But it I do agree that it's time for a change of the guard (mods). It's been fun at times but fresh blood and new perspectives never hurt, especially in a forum.

Edit: And just googled it. Open source software? Being cheap or wanting the ability to do some custom coding? 😂
          Last edited by CaptainC; 08-29-2017, 10:26 PM.
          What, me worry?

Comment

• ITIL
            ITIL commented
            Editing a comment
            Time to modernize + better integration

• Shenanigans
            Shenanigans commented
            Editing a comment
            I appreciate your firm backing in my ability to Moderate, I will bring my Reddit experience in full force

Discourse looks decent, will be nice to finally upload pictures and some of the mailing features could be handy.

Comment

• CaptainC
            CaptainC commented
            Editing a comment
            The problem with the pictures isn't the forum. It's the max file size setting either in the forums admin panel or the servers, or both. Many companies keep that setting low to reduce the risk of files with viruses being uploaded.

• gaza8143
            gaza8143 commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh so we could have the same issues then. Hopefully there are a few wins in there!

Ive seen a few discourse forums and they look good. Hopefully the forums will be better.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainC View Post
            Edit: And just googled it. Open source software? Being cheap or wanting the ability to do some custom coding? 😂
            Custom coding. Cost-savings wasn't a motivating factor in the decision to start looking outside vBulletin.

Comment

• CaptainC
              CaptainC commented
              Editing a comment
              As much as we pick on your company the money part was just a joke. I figured it was so you could customize it to your needs. That's usually the reason when a company (especially a company of programmers) chooses open source.

shall I wait to ask how to get on to beta forum till the migration is done?

Comment

Originally posted by xScubx View Post
              shall I wait to ask how to get on to beta forum till the migration is done?
              Yep. I'll know 100% for certain as we get closer to go-live. Until then it's a little bit vague.

Comment

• xScubx
                xScubx commented
                Editing a comment
                Is this going to happen soon cuz I would like to take part in beta forum?

Will you be cleaning up the forum organization a bit? Subforums for archives, forms to submit bugs, etc
              Love Red,

Leader of Rulith
              Lover of Spreadsheets

Helpful Threads:
              How to Build YOUR Ultimate Breeding Path
              Red's Breeding Paths: Sapphire to Emerald

Rulith's Website:
              All Breeding Paths
              Red's Guide to Flying Hunters
              Dragon's, etc.

Social:
              Twitter - @TheRedDelilah
              Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by TheRedDelilah View Post
                Will you be cleaning up the forum organization a bit? Subforums for archives, forms to submit bugs, etc
                The actual forum structure will be largely similar to this one, though I'm open to suggestions on ways to improve the layout once it's live.

Comment

• ITIL
                  ITIL commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Before it's live, heh - Though there are other things to change, it'd be nice to at least split up bugs/feedback into one for bugs and one for suggestions/feedback >.>;

• PGJared
                  PGJared commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It's so close to being live that I kind of don't want to spin any more plates.

PGJared Will be interesting to try out Discourse. I looked at it for a previous web project and the jsonapi community uses it. http://discuss.jsonapi.org/

I think it would be nice to have sub-categories for Android and iOS exclusive bugs. An auto lock feature for posts older than six months? Kind of annoying when someone necros an old discussion, instead of creating a new topic with a link back to the old discussion.

Comment

PGJared this may seem trivial, however is there a way for you to identify those players that DO have access to the beta forums? Especially going forward?
                  As I'm in a Platinum League, I would assume that we will be getting rolled into access at some point, but it would be extremely helpful, up until we do get access to it, to know who is commenting in the regular forums regarding beta stuff that is actually a part of the beta and not just doomsayers. That way we can separate the facts from the, pardon the expression, BULLSHIT.
                  Thanks!

Comment

• MrJonesy
                    MrJonesy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Now that's an awesome idea. A new subforum for Atlas talk, outside of the beta forum, that everyone has access to. Would definitely keep those who want to discuss Atlas from cluttering up the other areas of the forums.

Even so, I would like to see something identifying those that, at least currently, before the Atlas launch, have beta so the non beta players can tell who has actually seen it vs those just speculating.

• MareZ
                    MareZ commented
                    Editing a comment
                    A badge would actually be an interesting idea for the forums as well as ingame.
                    While you would like to know the credibility of forum posters, I would find it very helpful to differenciate players in my matchmaking with beta from players without beta so I know if I can loot gold on top of food/wood.

(Before anyone suggests scouting the map: Yes I know the trick with clicking player bases in beta and selecting targets there from a list but that doesn't filter players effectively for matching levels or RSS and gets really annoying, especially once more teams are added)

• MrJonesy
                    MrJonesy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I think I saw a mention of the rss for beta/Atlas showing ingame as well, sometime in the future, like they are working on it. That may have just been where you, or someone else, had requested it though. But yes, I can definitely see where knowing ingame would be beneficial, as I have seen beta specific rss mentions a few times before.
                Working...
                X