X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VirNinja
    started a topic Game ends at level 184

Game ends at level 184

i think a lot of the probs with this game are that once you hit around lvl 180 the game is basically over. You don't get anymore xp, the transfer rates stay the same, you are getting the exact same things at lvl 400 as lvl 184. You haven't updated the game on this in over a year. Your mid level players think the game is great because they are still seeing increases when they level up. Going from lvl 185-400 gets you nothing. What's the point of leveling? Sure you add more tower levels so people can keep leveling but you don't give them more xp for dragons or bigger transfers to build these towers. When a big build or a big feed cost 1.3 million but I can only transfer 700k it's frustrating. Storage protection is horrible and does nothing. A lvl 70 storage should be able to protect more then 130k of rss. 130 k does nothing when I need 1.3 million. Oh but wait I can spend a ton of rubies and protect 400k but honestly a lvl 70 storage should protect 300-400k without costing me 1000 rubies per day! And it's only going to get worse with the addition of level 60 towers. You keep pushing these new towers that cost more rss and more timers but you don't increase the ways to get these items or add any new items. You could easily make 24 hour speedups. Or increase how many are dropped in chests. My builds are all over 40 days with all construction research completed. So tell me how 6 15min speedups is going to help me get to 40 days? Or 50 days? Or however many days a lvl 60 is going to cost? Or increase the 26k rss packs what does 26k do for a player who needs a million for one feed or build? Nothing! It does nothing! The game is tired and boring. If it wasn't for the people on my teams I would've quit long ago. Gold chests are so watered down with items no one needs they aren't worth buying. I have 140k of Ice turrets frags... i will never even need a fraction of that amount but things I actually need don't ever drop so I stopped spending money on chests. I used to spend $100 every week on value packs... I have spent zero on the last 4-5 events and I will continue to spend nothing on a tired broken game that you don't want to fix. You at pocket gems have created the cheating problem we are seeing. A year ago cheating was almost unheard of. But once you get around level 180-200 you either have to cheat or spend an insane amount of money to get anywhere. It's sad that you've destroyed the game to the point that people have to cheat to get anywhere. PG for the love of the game get out of beta and fix the things that actually need fixing!

• Indi123
    replied
    On the subject of scaling, can I use the Super Speed Up pack as an example. I remember being lower level and I spent a shit ton more on this game than I do now, because I got visible and exciting progress that enticed me to spend more. I remember I and others in my team bought the Super Speed Up packs at 5900 rubies (didn't they used to be cheaper btw?) because it was a good return on investment.

Now, let's look at what a Super Speed Up pack gets you for 5900 rubies, approx £35 of real money:

30 x 12 hr - 15 days
    35 x 1 hr - 1.5 days
    20 x 3 hr - 2.5 days

That's 19 days of speed ups for £35. Now let's look at a single tower upgrading from lvl 49 to 50. 47 days with research. So that's 2.5 Super Speed Up packs to increase ONE tower by ONE LEVEL. 14750 rubies.

Where is the incentive to spend money when it is not scaled and the value is so utterly appalling??? Not to mention trying to keep up with cheats who are responsible for this artificial inflation and fast releases of new towers and dragons.

Leave a comment:

• Bash
    replied
    CampusLifer

I believe what the OP is referring to is there is no direct reward for leveling beyond 186 and any rewards are indirect. Level really doesn't add anything like it used to. Here's an example of 3 players to reflect what he means and I will use Amoeba's base stats to control against research:

1) Level 250. Highest dragon Hauheset at expert. Can transfer 229,568 rss. 106,335 Max Exp.

2) Level 186. Highest dragon Hauheset at expert. Can transfer 229,568 rss. 106,335 Max Exp.

3) Level 158. Highest dragon Hauheset at expert. Can transfer 192,916 rss. 60,547 Max Exp.

All three of those can get Hau maxed. But regarding rewards impacted directly by level, there is absolutely no difference between player 1 and player 2. In fact, player 2 and 3 probably will steal more rss in raids against similar bases than player 1. But you can clearly see the difference between players 1+2 and player 3. Player 3 gets much less exp and can transfer less rss. So leveling from 158 to 186 directly gives you increased rewards based solely on level.

To sum up, prior to level 186 there were added rewards and benefits that you received as a player as you leveled. There are none beyond that. And being able to upgrade den level higher for obsidians isn't really a reward or benefit. Prior to mythic emeralds, you could max all dragons at level 190. But being honest, those den levels are essentially a novelty. Den takes 3 seconds to level and by the time anyone gets an obsidian, they will be above level 275 anyway so those levels are more or less arbitrary. Speaking from experience, the only "cap" you will ever face after level 186 that prevents progress is the builder's hut egg requirements.

Leave a comment:

• Blah765
    commented on 's reply
    CL how many PG staffers are above say 150 and trying to breed Sapphire tier or higher? I wonder if it might be helpful to experience first hand the wall the community is so frustrated about even if it means artificially inflating a bunch of staff test accounts to get there.

In other words, what I'm proposing is setting up some accounts that start in the 150ish range and are ready to breed sapphires, then have them progress naturally just like the players have to.
    Last edited by Blah765; 08-28-2017, 09:16 AM.

• m'Lady
    commented on 's reply
    I'm a lvl 311, a spender, though I doubt I'm what you'd call a whale, and I'm willing to see changes that make it possible to get this size without spending a year's salary. I think of myself as a midrange spender.

Your dragons are awesome, Warlord, and I know you are legit from your expert dragon videos, from which I've learned a whole new appreciation for my own dragon's potentials, and you spend, too.

People would like to play this game who won't touch it because of the whales that have inflated it so completely. Designing for the whales is PGs prerogative, but it should be out there from the start that they do this. Maybe a developer disclosure or something... Can't imagine how you'd word that..... Though, ideally I'd prefer to see that design focus changed, quickly. We fall in love with the game, grow very skilled, see the poor return on prize ratios, scaling in absentia, grow bored, deal with it and/or have to leave. There's an unspoken reliance on gamer addictions and exploitation of those addicted which is less than noble, too. PG is far from alone in that. It's an industry issue.

I've forged great friendships here in this game. CampusLifer, In my experience, it's not the whales who create the team atmosphere and social interdependence that keeps the loyal majority here despite being kicked in their patience at every turn. Scaling would address this yawning void that everyone is whining about.

The whales don't need anyone but their wallets. Often they are at the top of the game calling the shots and reliant on none. They get exhausted by the pull on them to be helpful to those less than themselves and burn out, because the hours required to maintain their own gameplay are so demanding already. Naturally, they then gravitate to players that are also self reliant due to the size of their dragons and their wallets. Yes whales are in teams and wars demand cooperation, that is NOT the interdependence that I mean, though.

This interdependent team aspect that I refer to is strongest in the low to midrange level players. They need each other for all aspects of advancement. The loyalty and bonds created in their interactions are a 'freemium byproduct' that PG needs to recognize and reward with encouraging content that returns us to the reward system ratios we enjoyed as recent as a year ago. Scaling for the new content included in that, as well. The endurance of the loyal majority is TRULY IN JEOPARDY at this point. Withdrawal of hope, born of these increasingly scaled down prize ratios, is an endless topic for conversation. Focus needs to be balanced to include both sides of your games aspects; profit of course, and the other side being that interdependent team play among the low to mid level majority being what glues that majority to your game, creating relationships and IT friendships beyond your game.

Whales are beautiful creatures, largely because there is a mystery that surrounds them, hidden by the plenty of their sea. Team spirit and loyalty are also rare and beautiful, as the bonds of these are a very driving factor that bring us to enjoy more than we could accomplish and strive for alone. Don't ignore the gamer hearts that lie in the low to midrange players who clawed their way there by sheer strength of will and dedication to your game, as well as the community it provides them. Diminishing and outdated returns historically chase away investors in any venue. War Dragons won't be an exception to that rule.
    Last edited by m'Lady; 09-03-2017, 12:33 PM.

• Dravoz
    commented on 's reply
    Don't forget diminishing returns for 'value packs'. $100 at level 100 gets you 5x as much as at level 250.

• Dravoz
    commented on 's reply
    Well put. This game is dying.
    Last edited by Dravoz; 08-27-2017, 07:29 PM.

• Dravoz
    commented on 's reply
    I'm level 260 and am in the verge of quitting (have stepped down as an officer of my team). I put thousands of dollars into this game (more fool me) but there is zero incentive to spend further now. $100 gets me 1/5 of what it did at level 100. There is simply no value for money at my level, so I refuse to spend. It's terribly sad that PG can't see what is happening right in front of them.

• CoffeePop
    replied
    I am approaching the end of my time in this game as well (i buy elite and nothing else) Was able to breed a sapphire dragon ok so have clear sailing to level 154. Can see garnet possibly happening. But then will be stuck at level 178 until I can breed an emerald. Which will take years. Not sure how long game will interest me when stuck waiting for egg tokens to accumulate.

I feel sorry for all you high level players who leveled up your bases with your top level platnium dragons only for pg to then make you weak by bringing out new top level dragons. You now are stuck with strong bases and weak dragons.

Leave a comment:

• Dravoz
    commented on 's reply
    This is a real issue. I wish PG would do something about it. I would like to progress at a reasonable pace, and am willing to spend moderately to do so. But at level 260, $100 offers terrible value. So I'm not spending. PGJared

• Chromat1
    replied
    Whaaaa? Derp uuhhh summtin uuuhh bad wit duuuh chore dragonz? You have the Dragons and uuuhhh lets see uuuhh oh the Towers too! Game is good!

Leave a comment:

• Owlrager
    replied
    I think clocks should scale as well. Not to the point where you dont have to spend a ton for a max base, but to the point where moderate spenders are getting more for their money. A hundred bucks to take one high lvl tower up one level is pretty silly.

I feel the same should be the case for egg tokens too.
    Last edited by Owlrager; 08-26-2017, 07:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• elements1
    commented on 's reply
    I don't think food is a problem, I accidentally hunted 2M food last night 🤣 in about an hour

• Warlord
    replied
    Problem is also. If they allow to transfer 1.5 mil food per player everyone will dump and hitting those fat guys isn't worth it anymore.

= kills raiding

When I hit you and take 100-300k food from you be sure that it will get to a good use 😁

Giving out more speed ups is nice but for what? I Solo Lv 520s with Noc undefended those $100k bases are the new Lv 50s so what's the point?

Next dragon tier will make the Lv 60 towers irrelevant 🤷🏻*♂️

Most of you who complain here aren't even close to Lv 50 let alone Lv 60 towers so what's the point?

That everyone can protect everything and can level up easily that every Tom dick and Harry has a maxed base for few bucks?

I'm a Lv 319 and ok with what I've invested.

If you want to be a big boy spend big cash 🤷🏻*♂️

We all did.

Btw i initiated that we got more xp and higher transfer rates back then. I wrote some essays and was finally heard.

I am ok with an increase to 270k per transfer and 200k instead of 145k max xp.

But leveling faster will increase food famine. So maybe skip the xp it's good at it is. It was 51k before for 2 years.

However I'm all for scaling food and wood packs for the big boys. 750k instead of 400k would be a reasonable amount for the legendary drop. 250k instead of 130k for the epic one.

Start at lv 275 which is the level for max obsidians with that. And scale from 184-275 like you did with the Lv 6-Lv 184s.
    Last edited by Warlord; 08-26-2017, 06:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• VirNinja
    commented on 's reply
    Or pg will say... I don't understand....

See below 👇
Working...
X