Announcement

Collapse

War Dragons Forum Migration Soon!

Greetings Dragon Lords! Over the last few months we've done lots of work behind the scenes redesigning the forum and will be migrating over to our new forum software in the coming weeks. During this migration, the forums will be set to "read-only" and posting will be disabled. We expect the actual migration to take between 24-48 hours. Please watch for additional Announcements soon with more details!
See more
See less

Remove the "base attacked" animation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remove the "base attacked" animation

War Dragons has turned into a 90% depressing money grab game that has a little fun and soul left...

The only thing worse than that is the stupid animation of my base destroyed upon login, pointlessly reminding me of something that happened 3 hours ago.

Turn that shit off. The game is depressing enough without seeing my base destroyed every time a login. Also why would I need to wait 10 seconds for this idiotic animation to load to start playing? I just started the fricken game, guess why? I want to play it!

Seriously!

Thanks - Wings

It seems to be a bit more laggy than usual the destruction animation doesnt it.

I don't really have much of an opinion on it either way, in another game I play my stuff is actually permanently blown up, so I have to rebuild my L40 tower all over again.

Maybe it is the 'penalty' for losing your base but I guess a win might be to have farms exempt from the animation.

Comment

Or at least give us the option to do away with this useless and annoying "feature". I've hated it since they added it.
      What, me worry?

Comment

Originally posted by Wings View Post
        War Dragons has turned into a 90% depressing money grab game that has a little fun and soul left...

The only thing worse than that is the stupid animation of my base destroyed upon login, pointlessly reminding me of something that happened 3 hours ago.

Turn that shit off. The game is depressing enough without seeing my base destroyed every time a login. Also why would I need to wait 10 seconds for this idiotic animation to load to start playing? I just started the fricken game, guess why? I want to play it!

Seriously!

Thanks - Wings
        You only have once upon login, I have forgotten what my farms or other towers look like, upgrading something is a real chore. But I know the green loading bars real well :-)
        A feature to turn that off would be really nice
        Last edited by Fairyknight; 3 weeks ago.

Comment

• Fairyknight
          Fairyknight commented
          Editing a comment
          you get it everytime you get hit, so I am looking at a nonstop destroyed base😉

• Hieronymus
          Hieronymus commented
          Editing a comment
          Fairyknight, thank you so much for offering your base as an xp base!

• War fan
          War fan commented
          Editing a comment
          Not only you, but everyone on your team.

I guess it depends on your device since this animation does not lag for me, neither does it stop me or delay me from playing. I agree tho, if this is causing players to lag there should be an on and off option.

Comment

• Fairyknight
          Fairyknight commented
          Editing a comment
          Not the device in my case😂

PGJared CampusLifer

Comment

I agree it's annoying -- that's actually the point. When we were building this feature, the name of the project was "Defender Gets Pissed". There's a long story about how/why we added it. It's actually kinda important -- if you look at other games (e.g., clash of clans) they do similar things.

Comment

• SilentOne
            SilentOne commented
            Editing a comment
            That's priceless, you don't think there's enough in the game already which annoys us. You deliberately add things to piss off the player base now!

• CaptainC
            CaptainC commented
            Editing a comment
            Boom Beach has this animation. But it seems to only take about half the time for the buildings to "heal". By the time I check my messages and notifications it's all gone except the footprints all over my base.

• PogTheWarrior
            PogTheWarrior commented
            Editing a comment
            CampusLifer "It's actually kinda important" how? It's important to get the defender pissed? It's important to buy even more time to load the game which takes a ridiculous amount of time to load already?

Exactly how or why is this annoying feature important, and why can't it be disabled?
            Last edited by PogTheWarrior; 3 weeks ago.

CampusLifer i am sure PG has their reasoning and I am
          sure you like it. But I hate it and many others too.

So please, just give us an on/off toggle or skip the animation and show us the labels with names. It's very easy to realize you've been attacked. The entire 10 second animation that blocks you from doing anything is completely pointless.

Also, please look at Clash of clans for everything else (value for money at chests) if you want to compare.

Comment

• gaza8143
            gaza8143 commented
            Editing a comment
            I was thinking the same thing - copy clash of the clans pinch points but then fail to add the value points to balance player experience like packs which go up in value?

/sigh

Originally posted by CampusLifer View Post
          I agree it's annoying -- that's actually the point. When we were building this feature, the name of the project was "Defender Gets Pissed".
          Is that designed to entice me to spend money on your game? Annoying me won't entice me to give you money.

What *will* entice me to give you money is a game with fewer glitches, greater variety of intriguing events (not beta dragon rider crap), and smoother progression at higher tiers of breeding/building via resources scaled for my level.

What PG is doing is stupid. Try something else. See above for ideas.

Comment

I don't find the video annoying. In fact it tells me a lot about my base. And by the way, there is no unbeatable base in the game.

Comment

• Dakhunter
              Dakhunter commented
              Editing a comment
              What you are talking is abt the replays, which are totally different from what the OP stated. The destruction animation shows the recovery of your base simultaneously, not based on which tower was destroyed first (or maybe it shows but my devices is so outdated for this "advanced" game)...

The replays are good for you to study the best layout for your base (lucky for ios users cause they can review a bunch of replays, not like our Android users. But this is a separate issue which had been asked and ignored by PG)
              The 10 seconds delay makes old devices lagged out so much and sometimes it will crash your device to homescreen.

• Drexion
              Drexion commented
              Editing a comment
              Lool...no disrespect but that makes no sense whatsoever

• CaptainC
              CaptainC commented
              Editing a comment
              That's why I was asking him what I did. I had a feeling he was confusing the animation with the replay.

This topic is not about the "Replay" function. It's about the destruction animation upon logging in.

Comment

The animation has never annoyed me when it pops up. I can say when i log in after sleeping and there is no animation, i actually get excited i wasn't hit overnight. Keep it, don't keep it or give the players an option to turn it off will not affect me in the slightest.

Oh and stop picking on CampusLifer as she actually gives us real feedback that is not washed away by the PR department like when we get feedback from eggtoken or pgjared. You may not like her feedback but you should respect that she is providing an answer or giving her opinion.

Comment

• Spooky
                Spooky commented
                Editing a comment
                CampusLifer is awesome. If CL stopped posting, I'd probably almost never post to the non-beta forum because no dev interacts more with the community than CL. And when you consider CL has plenty of engineering work to do and isn't a part of the customer experience team, it's even more remarkable.

On topic, I don't care for the animation either but I've gotten in the habit of quickly killing and relaunching the app when I see it start up or set my phone down when first starting if that's an option.

• SuavGlav
                SuavGlav commented
                Editing a comment
                Agreed. I very much appreciate CL's voluntary input and would be very disappointed to see her scale back or stop posting on these forums.

I would however appreciate a little more insight on the function of this feature and its importance. Without context it's very easy to interpret the explanation as a feature designed to annoy people (into spending money, or what?), and with all the crystal clear frustration floating around these forums it's a very fragile time to be giving that implication.

CampusLifer can you explain any further?

• Spooky
                Spooky commented
                Editing a comment
                I had assumed the purpose of pissing you off was so that you'd seek revenge, get more drawn into the game, motivate you to improve your base, and yes, perhaps even spur some spending to achieve some of this.

Plus I bet it is helpful for absolute noobs who might not realize they were attacked offline.

What we need is the ability to store our farms when we log off for the night

Comment

Working...
              X