Announcement

Collapse

War Dragons Forum Migration Soon!

Greetings Dragon Lords! Over the last few months we've done lots of work behind the scenes redesigning the forum and will be migrating over to our new forum software in the coming weeks. During this migration, the forums will be set to "read-only" and posting will be disabled. We expect the actual migration to take between 24-48 hours. Please watch for additional Announcements soon with more details!
See more
See less

High Priority Issue Response Tracker

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High Priority Issue Response Tracker

PGJared let us know that efforts are underway to get answers to persistent questions/feedback in key areas, as follows:

1. Mega Attacks DONE

2. Event Related Issues (Event points, thresholds, event prizes, and energy / time / effort to attain said points)

3. Breeding Optimization

4. Dragon Cadence

Listing them here for ease of reference, understand that it takes a while to get buy in, collect information, etc.

P.S. If we could get some sort of indication whether there is more to come with respect to the league restructure (scaling rewards by subleague, anything else planned), I'd be appreciated.

4. Add : Roadmap for 99% of community to achieve that cadence in an acceptable timeframe. 3 years for 3 tiers when a new tier comes out every 3 months is not acceptable or sustainable.
    5. Release of boats / salvage hut betas to production
    6. Work on new events, current rotation is stale
    7. Research is stagnant any work here?
    8. Only runes for red through green, any work on gold and beyond?
    9. Dragon to base balance is badly out of whack any chance of fixing this?

Comment

Originally posted by Spooky View Post
      PGJared let us know that efforts are underway to get answers to persistent questions/feedback in key areas, as follows:

1. Mega Attacks DONE

2. Event Related Issues (Event points, thresholds, event prizes, and energy / time / effort to attain said points)

3. Breeding Optimization

4. Dragon Cadence

Listing them here for ease of reference, understand that it takes a while to get buy in, collect information, etc.

P.S. If we could get some sort of indication whether there is more to come with respect to the league restructure (scaling rewards by subleague, anything else planned), I'd be appreciated.
      Number 2 is currently being worked on by myself and some of the designers. I'll be on vacation this week so likely we'll have something next week.

No updates on numbers 3 or 4 right now.

Comment

• Spooky
        Spooky commented
        Editing a comment
        Appreciate the update, enjoy your vacation!

Just remembered I posted this several week ago--any updates on the timing of 2, 3 or 4 PGJared ?

Comment

Sorry our policy is to not provide public facing ETAs

Comment

• gaza8143
          gaza8143 commented
          Editing a comment
          Mosr other businesses publicly report expected timeframes at the 'quarter 1, quarter 2 level' Not sure if that is possible for you guys but it would be handy for us. Then if something happens you simply say 3-4 weeks before that it has been pushed out.

We do have internal dates that we track working against, but all sorts of things popup to derail those dates. Example: Players vocally ask us to change priorities (e.g., "we want this league proposal to happen" or "airplane mode is a serious problem" or "cheating is ruining the game") --- when we switch to these priorities, something else which we had planned needs to have its date bumped. Example: Something staffing happens internally where need to change timelines (e.g., one of our engineers working on a key project once got into a bad traffic accident and couldn't come to work for multiple months during recovery), or we ship something which causes a major bug and everyone needs to scramble to get it fixed pushing back the timeline for a bunch of projects, or google comes out with a new operating system which causes all sorts of unexpected performance issues needing people to switch projects all of a sudden (bumping the date of the previous projects), or apple releases a device which causes more-than-minor-problems causing a bunch of people to switch projects.) There's all sorts of reasons the dates would need to slip, and it's not always appropriate to expose all the details.

Honestly, from my own personal perspective I don't think there's much upside to us providing ETAs. I don't personally believe all the current angst and anger that there's no ETA wouldn't go away if we started --- instead the same set of people would just as vocally complain that the thing they want isn't being prioritized, or that the ETA isn't soon enough. When a project slips past a delivery date (inevitably, it will happen sometimes, see above) it becomes a much bigger deal once we've announced it publicly. I don't like promising things to customers until I'm certain I can deliver them --- and when it fails, I don't like being put in a position where I can't explain why (e.g., a project could have slipped because of personal reasons relating to someone's personal life which are not appropriate to share --- see above).

Yes, in the fields of enterprise software or business-to-business services it's much more common to have hard public-facing launch dates --- but that is because there's integration and training involved in getting IT departments to upgrade, integrate, test and train. If Microsoft is releasing a new version of their operating system or networking layer, the implications for people integrating with their system takes many months to handle. In the field of consumer-facing online entertainment services, the situation and norms are pretty different and public-facing launch dates found much less often. e.g., even though it isn't a "game", a service used by 600million people, Instagram, doesn't give a timeline of when their Stories feature is going to launch, or dog-face filters will be available until suddenly one day they appear in the app. One day you'll open the Facebook app and suddenly there's a "marketplace" feature for buying couches from your friends --- no pre-announcement until it launches. and that's a massive $400Billion public corporation with billions of users! We're not in a totally crazy place following suit.
        Last edited by CampusLifer; 1 week ago.

Comment

• gaza8143
          gaza8143 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks CampusLifer that makes sense to me

• ITIL
          ITIL commented
          Editing a comment
          o.o I hope that the injured engineer is okay now.
      Working...
      X