Announcement

Collapse

New Forums are now up!

Greetings Dragon Lords! Please visit our new forums at http://forums.wardragons.com! We're leaving this old forum up for a period of time to allow players to migrate over any important posts, but will eventually close them out. Please note that you will need to log in using your PocketID over on the new forum. You can also access them through the game by tapping on Settings > Forums!
See more
See less

Head start pack

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Head start pack

Why have some people been offered the 99p head start pack and not others PG??! Smacks of incompetence and unfairness yet again!!! CampusLifer PGJared

Hi.

I'm not sure what a head start pack is but at a high level we don't guarantee that we're going to show the same merchandizing and deals to everyone. Similar to how not every single person gets mailed the same coupon catalogue or gets the same pop up deals when you go to a e commerce site.

Comment

• TheRedDelilah
      TheRedDelilah commented
      Editing a comment
      It's a one-time $.99 pack.

• Isaiah264
      Isaiah264 commented
      Editing a comment
      I didnt get it offered to me and im only at 167, yet my buddy in the 180's got it. Such crapola.

Most games offer promo deals to low level intro players to show them the benefits of a pack.

Comment

It appears to have been offered to most players, with a small proportion not offered it. Level doesn't seem to have an impact neither does android vs apple. Very unfair considering the amount of money people put into this game to miss offering this bargain 99p pack to a small proportion of players.

Comment

A one time pack that some players managed to buy twice, and others bought in April as well as now, while others got told it was random, or that because they had bought it in April they couldn't buy it again.

Still, as one of the Not Chosen, I'm confident that an even better deal will be landing in my store soon...

Hmm.

Comment

CampusLifer Side note: when you close a forum please state where the other forum is and not just a link.. the link wouldn't open for me: luckily I'm smart enough to read the URL to find out..

simple example: General Discussion: Head start pack forum

now to the topic

help desk said it was random.. why would a purchase be random? don't y'all want money from everyone?

This isnt lvl based because my 206 got it and my 84 got it but teammates that are 274 & 164 didn't

Comment

I've had three different stories now - it's random, you don't get offered it if you got it if you got it in April (I didn't get offered it either time), and it's based on level (it clearly isn't). Please would someone from PG look into this and give us an actual answer that is correct and not made up on the spot?

Comment

• GBill
              GBill commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm pretty sure (though not 100%) I got the pack the last time it was offered and I was again offered it this time. Maybe its based on whether you tend to buy special packs?

• laserlight
              laserlight commented
              Editing a comment
              I think GBill is right, it's probably targeting non-whales who haven't bought a pack in X weeks or months.

I saw the offer during the annihilation event, including earlier today, but no longer see it now. I was going to screenshot it for someone, haha.
            [ITIL isn't my IGN]
            XP Calculator, Days to Level, XP Lookup, Evo Stone Level Lookup

Comment

• Mechengg
              Mechengg commented
              Editing a comment
              You saw it and didn't buy one?

Even i splurged

• ITIL
              ITIL commented
              Editing a comment
              Mechengg After the Capture the Flag event and complete lack of proper scaling for at least the early tiers of prizing, it tipped the scales of my opinion on PG, even if $1 isn't even significant enough to be a rounding error relative to whale spending :P

Nah, I have friends who got it who buy LOADS of packs. Think it's totally random

Comment

Still waiting for my head start pack to be offered for purchase. Everyone needs to have the ability to purchase this or take it away from those that did and refund their money, no crappy excuses on why some got the opportunity and some didn't.

Comment

• Kitty2112
                Kitty2112 commented
                Editing a comment
                Exactly!! Totally agree!

• Mechengg
                Mechengg commented
                Editing a comment
                Well as a business you can't go back and cancel transactions like this. They offered a product for purchase and people purchased it, there isn't anything they can do now to "take away and refund" players money without getting in a ton of shit.

What they can/should do is to offer it to all players one time to be fair but this game really seems to lean towards being unfair to one group of people for every single thing they do/release/change.

If PG discussed/confirmed how they marketed the product offering then there may be a reasonable explanation behind it; aka tactical marketing. For example if they offered this cheap package to:
                a) Players who had grown less than 5 levels during the last fortification event this might help spur spending to keep growing those players
                b) Players who have purchased less than $100 worth of packs this season but who spent more than $100 last season this might help to try and rustle up more motivation to spend again
                c) Players under 6 months old (in game time silly) to help them catch up
                d) Players who have less than 100 days worth of timers in their game
                e) Players who have submitted less than 3 tickets to support complaining about stupid shit and this is a thank you for not wasting a bunch of supports time
                ...... etc

At least if they did it for a REASON then i can't really fault them for it. It would be however nice to know the reason behind it so that a few of us can fall into that group for next time something like this rolls around

I have just received a message stating it was intended just for new players and was withdrawn from everyone else when the team realised the error. I am waiting for a reply regarding whether these not offered it will be offered the pack

Comment

• laserlight
                laserlight commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks for the update.
            Working...
            X