Elemental embers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elemental embers

With the new fire flak turret using only elemental embers will there be an increase to the amount of them dropped from gold chests? I have not seen anything concrete from PG on this and was wondering about it.

From what I know of this game it is better to have fewer towers as big as possible to make your base as strong as possible. And the fact that there are 2 FLAK towers and more on the way plus totems if you want to build those that use embers. But the amount per drop from gold chests is MUCH lower the fire and ice shards it will make building more than 1 FLAK tower to a "useful" level difficult.

As it stands now building a fire FLAK turret for anyone that doesn't have an excess of embers will be prohibitive in the long run. Unless you are spending a goodly amount. For me I will wait and see on building on but at the current level I won't be building one. And I'm not going to chase being able to build one by dropping a serious amount of money to do so.

This is just another part of the trend towards locking more of the game behind a paywall. First it was divines, then normal dragon progression, and now new tower types.

Comment

• Chromat1
      Chromat1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Meanwhile we cant use the now useless overflow of fire shards on the new fire turret.... PG is really ramping up the dick moves lately, just wow!

There are already idiots errr suckers errrr credit card wannabe playahs who already have lvl 50 fire flak towers. Now PG can take another late summer vacation to the Riviera 💩

Comment

To me it actually makes sense: flak towers are a different classification of tower and should all use the same kind of resource to build.

What they need to do is: a) increase the ember drop rate in gold chests, and b) open the salvage shop to the rest of us so those with absolutely no use for fire or ice shards can at least trade them for slightly more useful resources.

What they're going to do is: a) keep the drop rates the same for another 6-12 months while they 'look at it', and b) keep the salvage shop in beta for another 24-36 months while they perfect it for whatever generation of players comes after us, because we'll all have quit or died by then.

Comment

• Owlrager
        Owlrager commented
        Editing a comment
        You cannot salvage fire/ice shards in the salvage shop. Nor can you redeem the dust (from the items you are allowed to salvage) for embers.

• SuavGlav
        SuavGlav commented
        Editing a comment
        Well isn't that inconvenient...

• Kittens
        Kittens commented
        Editing a comment
        The salvage shop is just there to collect data on what has no value to players and adjust how many chests drop with zero value. You can get statistics on a small sample without opening it up to players (those chests would then have a nonzero value, defeating the purpose). I don't see the salvage shop being opened to everyone any time soon for that reason, even though it would be nice to be pleasantly surprised.

This can be remedied by making the levels requiring ember to alternate with fire shards for the Fire Flak and ice shards for the upcoming Ice Flak. What really pisses me off is that PG put ZERO elemental embers in the achievement prizes during the fortification event that required elemental embers to build a brand new defense.

Comment

The ember drops at 125x each is ridiculous when fire/ice shards are 1k+ in gold chests. Someone forgot to adjust something...doh!

Comment

• SuavGlav
          SuavGlav commented
          Editing a comment
          Par for the course.

The embers should be epic - 500 and legendary - 2k in gold chests.

Comment

Next week's "Limited Time Only" branch should be full of Elemental Embers

Comment

Well from everything I have heard this "double" ember weekend was a busy for most. First thing is even doubling the amount dropped didn't entice me and the fact that there are so many other types of items that drop in this event and it just felt like a cash grab.

These embers should really drop at the same amount as shards. Maybe even some level stalling as well. But more than likely that's a pipe dream.

Comment

Working...
            X