No announcement yet.

Mega Attacks & Tug of War Updates

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey so am I understanding this right? If we have a great valor we get one of these new coins but it doesn't say we get one for each valor we have.....so I could have 12 great valors stored up that I payed for and now those are just going to be turned into 1 of these new coins...

Comment

• LizDrakemoor
      LizDrakemoor commented
      Editing a comment
      I doubt you'd ever have 12 great valors at once. They didn't drop if you already had one in your inventory. You might luck out and get 2 or 3 at once if you got them in the same pull of 10 gold chests. Most I ever recall having of the *great* valors is 2. The common valors were fairly common by comparison.

• Bash
      Bash commented
      Editing a comment
      @LIz. I had 10 great valors. We shall see. I had one every time I did attacks. I doubt PG made them not drop if you already had one. They stack like any consumable.

So you've said prizes have been scaled.
    Does that mean since a Mega Coin should get you a lower score than doing all 25 attacks normally (or are Dusks calculations incorrect) that we will score better, doing normal attacks, because we're no longer being reduced with the assumption that everyone will use valor and bonus meters?

Or have you made scoring suck more by raising the requirements because you're assuming lots of people will be using the Mega Coin which only the whales can really get hold of in great quantity?
    Last edited by SilentOne; 2 weeks ago.

Comment

• Bash
      Bash commented
      Editing a comment
      Lmao. So instead of answering the question he spends the response to a post complaining about the question. PG Support. Where the customer is always wrong.

• Dravoz
      Dravoz commented
      Editing a comment
      gaza8143 we can evaluate him, actually. Gold chest contents. He said he would 'look at' this in December. Since then the only updates he's provided is that he's 'looking at' it. That's a fail. There's no excuse for poor communication like that. If things have changed, he should let us know. Same story with dragon tier progression. This was "being discussed" in February. He jumped into a thread yesterday to say that it was "being discussed". He cherry picks what he'll respond to, and blatantly ignores numerous threads even if he himself has set an expectation. If I were his manager I know I wouldn't be happy with that.
      Last edited by Dravoz; 1 week ago.

• gaza8143
      gaza8143 commented
      Editing a comment
      @Dravos - both points valid. Would certainly be a good move to provide an update on prior advice.

Dragon Punch

Could you perhaps split off the runic chest discussion to a different thread? Would make sense

Glad you are working on these, the idea is useful and the changes look good.

The price decrease was needed, but with the previous iteration dropping rare dust and junk runes I have a couple of questions/comments:

1. Are there still rare runes dropping with these, if so, why? Rare runes and dust definitely arent worth the cost and belong in normal silver chests.

2. Is rune dust part of the legendary drop table, if so why? Surely this will be the major discouragement to people buying these

3. Would you please either post 10x10 pulls including the bonuse 30th drop like PGJared did last time - the transparency helps a lot.

4. Which runes were added?

5. What are the available mythic runes in the drop table? E.g if mythic ammo rune was available I and many others would almost certainly do quite a few pulls

6. Was junk runes like Storm striker, anything to do with ballistas, lumber production etc removed from the drop table for these very expensive chests? If not, they probably wont sell well.
    ​​​​​​​
    Thanks for any feedback provided.

Comment

• gox1201
      gox1201 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks PGJared , appreciate it

• PGJared
      PGJared commented
      Editing a comment
      Okay.

1) Yes, but we did reduce its drop rate slightly, and the quality of rare runes players see should be higher.
      2) Rune dust is removed.
      3) As soon as the chests are live, sure.
      4) We added some brand-new runes. We also adjusted percentages a bit.
      5) I can't say what exactly is in the chest, but there are some new mythic runes that'll hopefully be tasty.
      6) I don't think those were all removed (barring ballista which was never in there), but I'll certainly discuss it for the next iteration.

• gox1201
      gox1201 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you PGJared

Am more then 1.5 years with this game, done tons of stuff for it, guides, videos, etc, was considering buying an annual subscription, but now...

Those Mega attacks are completly ruining the remnants of ballance between common players who just buy a subscription and rich fellas and also cheaters!!
    No matter how you and your team play and what you do, now just a couple of cheaters or big spenders(not that many of them in reality below Diamond) can win the Game, get top1 for the team and all prizes...

PG with this Mega stuff you are completly ruining the balance and are destroying interest to play from common people. I really do not understand what do you want to get: all quit or all cheat?
    DragonEmpireRU
    Видео по игре (Some guides in Russian)
    https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCLVFnDXYvpOI9nI9sK8iJkA

Comment

I'm reserving judgement until I see what the points are like for a mega attack and also what the milestones/milestone prizes are. On the face of it, yea it looks like a way to get the whales and cheaters to smash in a few mega attacks at the end of each round and clean up the flags. But I have also seen a lot of complaints about bonus metres and the grind of this event, so perhaps this is a genuine attempt from PG to fix that. I'm not holding my breath though. I feel it's going to be harder, not easier to get points without paying through the nose.

Rune chest: Still too expensive and will definitely not be purchasing.

Comment

Super attacks and mega attacks still sounds like amateur hour to me. Where's the Ultra attack at?! My dragons are trying to enter final form and can't do that with pansy ass mega attacks.

Comment

• wardragonslayne
          wardragonslayne commented
          Editing a comment
          Ultra will be introduced after constant complaining about mega atks not being mega enough.. although ultra will be at a cost of 300 energy, 50 IF and your first born.. it will however give you 50x your normal points and sound appealing to the community that have trouble with maths. The name alone though will make it pretty epic as intended by PG.. all flash and no bang

Dragon Punch, can you please confirm that energy will still reset at the end of each round as it did before?

Comment

To be fair, if my only interest would be the individual points (individual rewards) and no time to play, i'll just go with a casual mega attack and a few normal attack every 4-6 hours. To each their own I guess.

Comment

• gaza8143
            gaza8143 commented
            Editing a comment
            Same approach for me to be honest. This event was a massive grindfest before as super attacks were useless. This at least gives me an option to allocate my time as needed over the weekend.

While I'm not a big fan of this new attack, my question is this: Can we save the coins for use in other events? Or are they use or lose?

Also, the rune chests are still too costly.

Comment

I find it interesting that pg claims that these mega coins will make PvP events more rewarding, not sure what that means. In the gauntlet event PvP attacks give bonus points for the team that wins first. So I could have 20 players attacking using normal attacks but the other team could have 3 players attacking using mega coins and they would win the battle.....how is that more rewarding? The team that has lots of their players involved in theevent is destroyed by a team that has few players actively participating. Who are you rewarding? Teams with high activity or teams with low activity but have lots of cash to buy the win. This, for me, just doesn't make sense. I'm trying to understand how this helps the vast majority of your players who don't have a lot of cash to spend, and I am not coming up with any answers.

Comment

What makes a flyer a good player or teammate?

Bonus meter and valor boosts where enabling free players to tip the scale at the end of each round as much as someone who spends, just not as often. As it is now, with these changes, those players (moderate spenders included) can still improve their individual score but won't be able to really help their team win or keep their flags anymore no matter how much they want to. Of course, they can defend. Hard. They can burn 100 energy and 20 IF by doing so, creating lots of frustration. This is a major issue from my point of view.

Individual reward tiers and scoring per energy spent is something to be evaluated when event is up, so lets put that on hold. If, that is a big if, PG calculates fairly and places tiers fairly, this new system can help reduce the major grind indeed. The question is at what cost?

Comment

EggToken Dragon Punch This is roughly what I mean...what is the point of asking if you don't want to hear it. I am halfway expecting to see a pack where you just buy fucking event points at some point...that would be about right for the direction you seem to want to go in. Creating things to spend on is one thing but you are getting so god damn lazy. Rather than just create better mechanics, events, create value? you go and just add a "_____ attack" that sucks up even more rss and takes less skill or effort. What a shitshow.

Comment

We lost 50% bonus meter and 100% bonus from valour....It's become significantly harder to achieve those same 25 prizes we had before lol and because you added 3 more tiers, this is better for us? Really?

Does 28>25 when the cost went up 150% during this event...

You did not reduce point threshold by 150%, which is what we lost this event. Again your trying to say you made this event better for us by adding three extra tiers, while greatly increasing the cost of each tier.

Comment

Another money grab move. You know what you'll did. I am sure you have done the math and dont need us players to tell you why it is unfair or how you are screwing over non/moderate spenders. At least be honest and dont advertise it as if it is helping anything other than you filling gems in your own pocket.

Comment

PGJared I'm still seeing great valors in the rotating icon of potential pulls from gold chests. Can you confirm valors are in fact *not* going to make any appearances in chests during this event?

Comment

• PGJared
                      PGJared commented
                      Editing a comment
                      They shouldn't make an appearance, no. If they do, let me know.
                  Working...
                  X