Inadequate response to cheating

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inadequate response to cheating

Now that we have confirmation that people are actually cheating, the response is severely inadequate considering how much money honest players spend only to find themselves disadvantaged!!

PG will find themselves on be wrong end of a class action lawsuit if immediate action is not taken and more than one developer needs to be dedicated to this task and the resolution needs to be complete.

Banning any any number of accounts is not enough if it is not all inclusive! PG will be subpoenaed and tried in court, this is not a joke.

Now that we have confirmation of what was suspected for a long time, immediate swift and final action is a MUST!!!!

Consider this fair warning, having spent many thousands of dollars in this game and being only the 4th biggest spender on my team, I'm appalled as are my fellow teammates. How can you possibly consider banning a small portion of the cheaters a proper response to this serious problem??

Fix the securty hole and ban everyone who exploited it or else you are not treating paying customers with respect! Not that you ever really did, yet this is going to cause you real legal problems very soon.

Feel free to give everyone who asks a full refund of all money spent on this game as an alternative, I'll gladly take back all the money I spent on this game and walk away.

Do you really think that there's any completely hack-free game? Cheating in WD is one of the few areas where there's some degree of transparency from PG; most game devs just pretend it doesn't exist or shut down/hide conversations around it quickly.

Maybe this is a /s post.
    [ITIL isn't my IGN]
    XP Calculator, Days to Level, XP Lookup, Evo Stone Level Lookup

Comment

The worst part is it skews the data for the real "big bases" in game and makes pg believe a lot of people have all dragons / max bases. You can blame these hackers just as much as pg for the early release of obsidians. Oh honorary mention to Cody and lx460 for selling those discount super packs.

Comment

rofl, either a troll or an idiot, can't decide which.

Comment

Originally posted by hostage67 View Post
          rofl, either a troll or an idiot, can't decide which.
          You must be a cheater yourself or else you are not spending thousands on this game. Those of us who have should be outraged, and demand the cheaters be eliminated from the game.

Comment

Originally posted by DarthDaggerz View Post

You must be a cheater yourself or else you are not spending thousands on this game. Those of us who have should be outraged, and demand the cheaters be eliminated from the game.
            Lol, I am a legitimate player, who has indeed spent a large amount on the game. But your expectations have to be reasonable. They know there are people cheating, they are actively working on detecting the cheats and banning the cheaters and working on plugging the holes that allow for the cheating to begin with. So far their response has been totally reasonable and in-line with reasonable expectation.

To demand that every cheat be fixed immediately is absurd and impossible. To threaten a law suit which you cannot possibly win, and are not likely even old enough to submit based on your response is laughable at best.

Your post is simply absurd on a number of accounts. And because I disagree with your absurd demands, I must be a cheater! lol. There is not a single piece of software in existence which does not have bugs in it, game or otherwise. If you believe there is, then you clearly have no idea how software development works (which is pretty apparent based on your original statement as well). Good luck with your law suit lol.
            Last edited by Matcava; 08-01-2017, 12:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hostage67 View Post
              ... you clearly have no idea how software development works (which is pretty apparent based on your original statement as well)...
              You should stop making stupid assumptions, I am a manager of a large group of developers and have 20 years of IT experience, my expectations are not unreasonable. I am held accountable by my executive management team acting on behalf of paying customers and would be expected to have this kind of issue fixed very quickly and accurately, no exceptions.

i offered to write a script to parse the logs for them, they must think I am incapable as you do, but I assure you I would have this done in less than a day, have it signed off by QA and UAT and deployed the same day. We are an agile shop, fast delivery of reliable code is what I do for a living and I assure you I am the best at what I do.

Comment

• hostage67
                hostage67 commented
                Editing a comment
                I think its funny that you make the assumption that just because you're a manager of developers that you have a clue what's going on(assuming we believe that). Just because someone had the misfortune to put you in charge that doesn't make you good at what you do.

- You manage people who develop software, nothing in your statement actually contradicts that you have any clue what you're doing.
                - 20 years of IT experience, just like the above does not make you good at what you do. It doesn't even mean you haven't been fired from your job for ineptitude, only that you have managed to continue getting new jobs. I should also point out that "IT experience" is a very loosely defined term.
                - If you've seen the incompetent managers I have in "IT" positions, you'd understand why the above applies. I've had to work with the "IT Manager" of a bank who had no idea what IE was. But feel free to tell me again that just because you're a manager you know everything.
                - If you think you're that good at what you do, then by all means create a better game. If it is actually better I'd jump ship in a heartbeat. However, based on your comments I'm fairly certain you won't be successful in creating the game to begin with. But by all means prove me wrong and I'll gladly eat my words.

"I assure you I am the best at what I do."
                You sure you aren't Donald Trump in disguise?
                Last edited by hostage67; 08-01-2017, 02:52 PM.

"Consider this fair warning" LMAO, what are you gonna do???? Sue them??? Stop playing??? I say go right ahead LOL, let PG crush you like a little cockroach. just because you also work in IT, you think you know what other companies do.....oiy type A personalities, can't stand you people LOL

Comment

• DarthDaggerz
                DarthDaggerz commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes, I already stopped spending months ago and many others too. That is their primary motivator, loss of revenue.

The loss of income from one paying player paying what I have over the last 12 months is > $300 per month on average. Multiply that by a factor of X where X equals the percentage of fed up paying customers and you start to see why they are now taking this seriously.

My point is that they aren't doing enough, granted if you are not spending this much you probably think my demands are unreasonable, but if you were you would be outraged. That is how I know you are not.

• hostage67
                hostage67 commented
                Editing a comment
                Congratulations, in case you haven't figured out yet, they don't care about the piddly amount you spent. Yes, I'm sure that's a lot of money for your fictitious job, but losing you won't effect them in the slightest. Now, if you could actually get the entire Diamond League on board, then you'd have a movement, until then you're just another random guy complaining on the forum about money they don't care about. Making threats which are clearly absurd and have no basis in reality. But by all means follow through with your suit, see where that gets you.

Oh ya and...
                $300 per month on average. Multiply that by a factor of X
                if x = 0 what do you get, because that's all the power and pull you have with anyone in the community. And because you can't speak for even a single other player, your voice is lost in space. You pretend like the multiplying power of "X" gives you all of this power, when in reality you have absolutely no ability to control or define what "X" is, so you have no power, you have no backing, no support, nothing to stand on.

This is just one of the MANY areas you completely failed to apply any sort of logic to in your rambling posts and why no one cares what you have to say or about the idle threats you are spouting.
                Last edited by hostage67; 08-01-2017, 03:01 PM.

• LordKaiS
                LordKaiS commented
                Editing a comment
                DarthDaggerz, sorry to burst your bubble budd, 300 bucks a month is chum change, some of these ppl spend 1k a month as average. LMAO they haven't cry baby yet.

hostage67 you are a troll, I just checked your post history.. you can eat a bag of D's.

Call me a f'n liar to my face dirtbag. Kindly F off.
              Last edited by DarthDaggerz; 08-01-2017, 03:28 PM.

Comment

And for your information I have spent over $5k on this game. Again, go troll somebody else I'm over you and your fellow trolls bashing me. If I find out you or any of the other trolls are working for PG I will definitely be suing.

Comment

And for he love of God, if PG continues to treat paying customers this way they will be out of business fast.

Comment

You're one year too late with that post and stop blabbing about suing PG when you don't have a reason to it. Maybe you've ignored Campus Lifer's post recently.

Comment

Another problem is there is almost no reprocussuon for teams that incorporate hackers into their teams on a regular basis. Sure they get banned...eventually. But by then the damage is already done and is onto the next one. I would like to se PG do more as far as compensating those affected but that's really hard to determine the extent of the damage.

Also, they're just too fucking greedy to care. Look at the can of worms their gifting feature has opened and they don't give two shits realistically because on some level it is profitable. So meh. Great sentiment but never going to happen

Comment

• Panda
                        Panda commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Oh I don't expect anything. Simply commenting on the situation. They're never going to stop the all and teams are going to do what they do. Btw just saying you said we had "hackers" which denotes plurality. I think that could at the very least be considered a false statement unless you mean that to say your team. In which, you would be correct.

I'm not really sure where your whole "it sucks for all of us" sentiment seems a bit odd. How exactly does it suck for you? The benefit is there and there is essentially no negative consequence so in fact, the more it is done, the higher the benefit?

At the end of the day, ignorance is bliss. It's easy to just say well I didnt know and it happens. As I said, I don't expect anything to change. It's a choice and that's jusr how it is. You have someone like Cody on your team Andy you're fine with it. Each team sets their own standards and PG can't or won't fix all of the issues.

• MikeGoN2GetU
                        MikeGoN2GetU commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Fair enough, in your case only one hacker recently. Forgive the plurality in my statement, my point still stands though. By "sucks for us all" I mean it sucks for everyone that hackers are so prevalent. It sucks for those recruiting, it sucks for teams fighting against a hacker, it sucks when a player is banned. Hence "sucks for us all".

• Panda
                        Panda commented
                        Editing a comment
                        How exactly does it suck for the team repeatedly recruiting the hackers exactly? I don't think PG will do anything. Even the discount pack system they clearly support. But I fail to see any negative effect really for most teams that seem to have an abundance of this type of player? At the end of the day nothing will really change. I am simply stating that directly or indirectly PG seems to take some action but often the damage is already done.

Curious what kind of software dev you manage... Specifically whether you or your team works with dynamic shared-state systems, outnumbered 100:1 by malicious coders focusing their efforts on finding holes in their code.

Also curious how a 35+ year old manager has time between job and (i hope some sort of) home life to moonlight as a keyboard warrior-lawyer yelling about lawsuits like a digital Joe Pesci to one of the only game devs I've ever seen any transparency from regarding their code security and their efforts to improve it.

They're working on it. Calm the fuck down.

Comment

Originally posted by DarthDaggerz View Post
                        Now that we have confirmation of what was suspected for a long time, immediate swift and final action is a MUST!!!!
                        There is literally no such thing as final action on cheating. People are still finding ways to cheat in games that are multiple decades old. This is compounded a hundred times over for live games that have regular updates.

Comment

Working...
                        X