No announcement yet.

First to complain......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Releasing a new tier mid of the season after 2-3 months when emerald tier came out is just stupid.

Y'all can expect that October or November the next tier will knock at our doors.

And also expect new tower levels at the next fortification. Checking the former pattern those towers will have double the punch of Lv 50 towers.

Expert obsidians will have 350-400 mil ap current maxed bases have 500-600 mil ap. So expect bases at 800 mil to 1 bn defense power. Bye bye emeralds

Comment

(Reusing my response from the last time this came up)

---

My personal opinion is that we don't give anyone the guarantee that they can be a top player or a top team -- we don't assume that every single player can or should be "the winner". This is definitely not a game where "every single person gets to win" --- that's not one of our goals for how the game should be. Being at the top means that you've done some combination of really high activity, diplomacy, team management, coordination, skill and money. That's what it takes to be at the top. If you don't think that's for you, what we do is provide a game which is actually really fun even if you're in platinum or gold tier.

People who want to be at that top tier of gameplay self-select that it's something that they find valuable and want to do. What we do try our best to make a goal of the game is saying that every point along that curve of getting stronger and playing at your own self-selected level feels fun and rewarding. Working your way through the red tier and getting Kinnara is fun --- even if youre just sitting in bronze tier. Winning your first wars and working into gold/platinum tier with your team is fun --- even if you only login once or twice a day to do your war attacks. There's tons of ways to have fun in this game and have without spending money, without playing 24h a day ---- but yes --- you're not going to be at the very top of the leaderboard. That's for the people who self-selected into deciding that's something they really want and are willing to do what it takes to be there. And yes, over time some of those people will decide that they don't want to "keep it up" and some other set of people will overtake their position on the leaderboard as they dial it back. In my opinion, that's OK -- and just what happens when you say "someone (not everyone) has to win" --- there needs to be some vector which they are out performing the other people.

Statements saying that you "can't progress or have fun without playing all day" are pretty much incorrect. The game still works fine and is pretty fun if you don't play like a superhardcore player (and this is how a huge portion of the playerbase chooses to play). Yes, you probably can't cut it in Sapphire/Diamond -- definitely true. Those teams will kick you out. But if you login 2-3 times a day and do a couple of attacks each time you will definitely finish your war attacks, have a little time to chat with your team and make some progress on building towers and towards breeding the next dragon. I've personally definitely had periods of ~6 months where I was really busy and just played enough to do my war attacks, collect my daily tokens, breed, get some XP. Sometimes I did my event activities, but honestly not always. Playing game like this is actually pretty fun and not very time intensive -- you still win a new dragon every couple of weeks and level the ones you have up every few days.

Pretty related: In my own personal opinion no one in the game is ever guaranteed to reach the top of the content and stay there for any specific amount of time. I personally think that in the ideal world there is some set of dragons that no one in the game has yet attained. This goal isn't to have a game where large portions of the players have "beat it" and are sitting at the end with max power. Everyone should continually always have something to keep building and striving for in the ideal world --- and, in my own personal opinion, if they happen to max out they don't have any guarantee that they get to stay in that state for any specific period of time before more content comes out. I realize that this is actually in opposition to the things PGJared has stated and might be the opposite of the official company position, but it's my own personal opinion. IMO, in an ideal world there are so many dragons that no one ever maxes out and there's always more to get and look forward to -- no one ever is at a state where they run out of that they want dragons and aren't bothering to work towards anything.
      Last edited by CampusLifer; 4 weeks ago.

Comment

• Goober
        Goober commented
        Editing a comment
        BoxofDemons again, I've never said that everyone or even the majority of players should get to the top. But at the same time, the top tier stuff shouldn't only be available for the top .05% of the game. And honestly, ppl that play this and put tons of money into it trying to get those top tiers should be able to get them. PG is running players off because of this. If you understand hardcore gamers, then you would understand why.

• Sugar
        Sugar commented
        Editing a comment
        CampusLifer if you were my employee, I would've fire you so fast. Never ever would I allow one of my employees to talk to my customers that way, especially when the customer is the one who puts the food on our tables. The customer is the best source of feedback.

Another fact that you say, "in my personal opinion", you completely undermined the company's position and what they believe.

Another thing, you lack passion for this game. You're just one person. Your lack of passion for the game is very clear and shouldn't be the judgement in what makes the game fun for all.

If I were you, I would go contact Ubisoft. A company who invites their customers to provide feedback on their games, will actually listen, and follow thru with it.

• Goober
        Goober commented
        Editing a comment
        BoxofDemons after reading what you said again I have to say that if your business model is to rely on big spenders to keep you afloat, then you are bound to fail.

I don't know about you, but I'd rather have 1 million ppl spend $4 a month over 1000 spending $4000 a month. Sure, I would make the same amount of money, but if I lose 100 of the $4 players it hurts a lot less than losing just 1 $4000 player. Any successful business understands this.

And also, if you want to make this game fun again, if you have more players at a closer lvl to everyone else, it'll make it fun. It'll make Wars interesting, instead of just having to beat a handful of bases and then just rolling over the rest. The larger the lvl gap, the more boring it makes the game. A couple years ago, it was a lot more fun because there were more players at closer lvls. Now, there is such a huge lvl gap that you're either useful or useless.

I don't know if this rush for the new shiny things is actually healthy. Those new dragons and towers will affect diamond only maybe some sapphire teams who can't beat the whale bases there but they won't drop out or their leagues for that.

I started an alt which is now in sapphire dragons and everytime I hit matchmaking with it I find good targets which are beatable even if 100+ levels higher.

End game content is shiny and new and a average Spender wants that too but to be fair most don't need it. Unless you are in the top war attacking crew in your team and you will face the new giga-bases.

From my personal experience most of the big dragons owner can't fly anyways I see that every day when I open my replays on my Lv 300ish account.

All I was pointing at is that I find it personally better to finish a season than to start a new tier during a season which provides lower tier dragons. That's not consistent. I like consistency.

Comment

I like that they bring out new dragons..

but it would be nice to release some new lower teir dragons with the resistances to help protect from the new towers.. maybe even if we're lucky new spells for those levels.. 1 or even 2 dragons per teir could work

Comment

• Goober
          Goober commented
          Editing a comment
          It's not the fact that they bring out new dragons, it's the rate at which they do so is the problem.

• Goober
          Goober commented
          Editing a comment
          Or how about this, instead of putting out new lower lvl dragons, give you a way to catch up with the rest of the players.

For you to say that you like they put out new dragons that you will not be able to get for 3 years is just plain stupid.

It's much worse for those who max their bases for $5-10k and after 2-3 months they are irrelevant and can be soloed.

They pump in this game a brand new mid class car every year just to have endgame stuff. Some may be rich af and they wouldn't even know if $50k on their bank account are missing or not but some sacrifice other things in their lives to catch up.

The good thing is not everyone masters those dragons so they will fall like all tiers before against a well built base with defenders.

Comment

What concerns me is that presumably data on how many people have the top dragons etc is used in making the decision to push a new tier out so soon. And given that the game is overrun with cheaters right now (be it hackers/people who have purchased hacks, glitch abusers or discount pack buyers), that data is incorrect and long-term, you will alienate people who do actually spend considerable amounts of money, even if they're not whales.

Comment

• Goober
            Goober commented
            Editing a comment
            Not to mention that the small amount of ppl that are on the forums are the ones that new tiers effect the most. We all talk and feel the same. Who cares if a low lvl is ok with new releases! It doesn't effect them at all.

• Spooky
            Spooky commented
            Editing a comment
            Be sure to alert your team at Barclays or HSBC that you will be drawing down on your revolving credit facility in early November for Provence Creme tier!

• ITIL
            ITIL commented
            Editing a comment
            September 16, 2016 - Sapphires (via War Dragons Strategy)
            February 14 - final Garnet Mythics (Gloomclaw/Icicle) preview
            March 31 - Emerald Legendaries preview
            May 25 - Emerald Mythics preview

I don't have the release dates handy but had the preview threads for skill refs.

PGJared CampusLifer
          PG, why not just release more Emeralds if you want more content for the whales? 3 months is way too soon. Most of the players on Dread and NMO don't even have 1/2 the emeralds. Chill PG, Chill....

Comment

• Indi123
            Indi123 commented
            Editing a comment
            And even those who do, I've not heard them yelling out for new dragons. In fact, everyone who has all emeralds maxed seems to be happy to get their new dragon fix via the season branches. This is greed. Nothing more, nothing less.

• Goober
            Goober commented
            Editing a comment
            Indi123 I had this exact same conversation with CampusLifer a while back. When ppl get the top dragons, they want to play with them for a while, not just get new ones not long after. The ppl at PG aren't gamers and don't understand gamers. All they do is look at profits.

And to note, im not just saying this to bash PG, just pointing facts. PG needs to look at other games away from app games. EA is building the new Star Wars Battlefonts II directly from player feedback. Blizzard does the same thing with WoW.

If PG wants WD to continue, they MUST stop looking at this game and comparing it to other app games. App games come and go because 99% of the time the companies get greedy and end up running their spenders off and making or impossible for newer players to catch up.

When you ignore the ppl that do voice their opinions and assume that the larger majority wants more, then you are just going to destroy the game.

PGJared I would also like to know when you and PG gets information from players other than here saying they want more content sooner? If it's from FB and places like that, do you realize that most of the ppl that say that are lower lvls that they aren't even close to getting to that point?

Y'all always preach about transparency, but when we ask for info that matters, we are ignored. Transparency isn't about picking and choosing what info you give us. Transparency is answering everything. I do understand there are somethings that can't be answered, but 90% of the real questions can be answered.

• Dravoz
            Dravoz commented
            Editing a comment
            PGJared is on record as saying that after the premature release of garnet that PG would slow down with the release of new tiers so as to give people more time with their current dragons. Lies.

Another solution would be to cap the new obsidian dragons at level 16 which should equal the power of a legendary emerald expert.

The other levels up to 30 will be unlocked at September 5 hand in hand with merkts obsidian stone. Then new tower levels will be introduced.

That way spenders get new content but it wouldn't harm the game environment.

Thoughts?

PGJared Echo

Comment

• Rakic
            Rakic commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for the words of wisdom there warlord. Nothing quite like knowing you are nothing more than a second class citizen.

• Goober
            Goober commented
            Editing a comment
            Warlord don't care if you can solo undefended bases and if they added that hunter with white cloak, you wouldn't get him? Yeah right. And if you put Kinn and Ferga ahead of Morph, then you're not a spender like I'm talking about.

You seem to have a lot of hostility against ppl that disagree with you. 🙄

• Warlord
            Warlord commented
            Editing a comment
            Just stating facts.

Obsidian was announced why would they miss out on the expected income.

Truth hurts I stopped being a dreamer in this game long time ago...

Here's a thought experiment: Let's say the game was launched in 2015 with 1,000 tiers containing 20,000 dragons. Even as a harcore player, it takes over 30 years to complete getting all the dragons from all the tiers.

I think that would be great. I wouldn't have any problem at all with that hypothetical situation. The game wasn't intended to be "beat". Similarly, I don't have any problem with a new tier coming out before many people have finished the previous tier of dragons --- that's just one incremental step towards the hypothetical situation.

Comment

• Goober
            Goober commented
            Editing a comment
            laserlight trust me, you're not telling me anything I don't know already. Lol

• BoxofDemons
            BoxofDemons commented
            Editing a comment
            laserlight In a year it will be one level 550 player to compete in Sapphire. Right now Sapphire 1 and 2 require a 350 player to be competitive.

• Dravoz
            Dravoz commented
            Editing a comment
            You just don't get it, do you? Do you play the game? What level are you? How much money have you spent?

The New Dragons aren't so much the problem as their power doubling and new tower levels. There is a huge imbalance between acquiring them. You can get an impossibly strong tower faaaar easier then a new dragon tier. The game just gets harder and harder and the gap larger and larger as PG has no concept of scaling. Dubbing things every time is just stupid. If the new tier only had 100 more attack power people would buy it. New skill combos can also keep things interesting. The decision to make these huge tier gaps is obliterating the games fun!!!

Comment

• Goober
            Goober commented
            Editing a comment
            Some of us said it before, instead of adding new tiers, just add dragons to the tiers. But slower releases need to be done.
        Working...
        X