What to do?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do?

So, I mean this as seriously as possible. The basics of the game revolve (for now, the beta is coming, cry ) around breeding dragons, training your dragon, feeding your dragon and building your base. PG has now turned 3/4 into money dump events. So literally it is now just 25% of the game left that you can do outside of events. Wtf are people supposed to do? EggToken CampusLifer ? I feel like, the old..."Well they can just choose to do it outside of the event" is coming but that is being a shitty teammate. So, in order to be a decent teammate you have now limited 75% of what players would do on a daily basis. This doesn't seem like a problem?
    Last edited by Panda; 5 days ago.

Thanks for bringing this up. I also personally share your concern. I've brought it up with the team of people who works on events.

Although in the moment we get a million posts saying things like "conquer event is the worst", "War of Infinite battles is the worst", "Tug of War is the worst", "Assault is the Worst" --- there's some value in a rotating set of slightly different activities.

Comment

• Panda
      Panda commented
      Editing a comment
      Well...you keep going back to events. What I am saying is by turning almost everything into an event...then what?

• War fan
      War fan commented
      Editing a comment
      CampusLifer

You guys haven't run "War of Infinite Battles" in over 2 years.

As to "Event X is the worst", everyone says that because you only have a 3-event energy rotation, and it has gotten stale like 1 year ago.

• Slytha
      Slytha commented
      Editing a comment
      theyre only the worst because there is NO RAID BUTTON. hope one day it sinks in.

I second this so much.

For breeding, the sheer number of tokens at the high levels makes it very tolerable to save until breeding events. That makes sense. For building, some just build without clocking and then just use all their clocks on Fortification. Totally fine. These two combined allow people to plan easily to ensure they are growing at a good pace. For instance, my friend and teammate knows he will push to 84 this fortification, breed Cerbero and Nosfer, push to 90 the next fortification then hatch those dragons, and on the following breeding event he will use Cerbero and Nosfer as breeders. It makes him plan, but it's logical.

The feeding event just doesn't make sense.

Let's take my friend who is currently den-capped. He can't feed anything right now due to his careful planning for breeding and fortification (which make sense). Thankfully I am strongly against the feeding event so he doesn't have to worry about earning points. However, what Panda said hits so close to home. We all want to be the best teammate we can, but at what cost?

Fortification and Breeding are a long game already, so waiting to do these events is a bit more logical. However, we should be encouraging new players and old players alike to be a strong as they can! Fly those dragons, get XP, then feed them so you can get stronger. Progression is healthy. If we take away the reasons to log in and fly, then why even play? PG is encouraging players to log in and rack up XP, but don't you dare hunt for food or get strong just in case a feeding event is around the corner. That's a terrible message to send to the player base and it disgusts me. Let us play the game.

The reason why Dragon Training for XP (not food) is exponentially better is that it encourages activity! You don't have to stop playing the game to prepare for it in any way. All you have to do is log in and fly your ass off! PG could still make a profit from people using rubies to transfer XP, but the game play isn't compromised.

CampusLifer - I agree, there is a lot of value to rotating events and mixing it up. Some people like more events than others, and no one will ever agree completely. However, the events should encourage healthy game play and activity, not make us stop playing. Feeding is just rediculous. For the other events you mentioned, they could all be improved as well, but that's another conversation.
    Last edited by TheRedDelilah; 5 days ago. Reason: Typo
    Love Red,

Leader of Rulith
    Lover of Spreadsheets

Helpful Threads:
    How to Build YOUR Ultimate Breeding Path
    Red's Breeding Paths: Sapphire to Emerald
    Red's Cheapest Breeding Paths: Orange to Emerald

Proposals:
    League Restructure
    Brief Forum Reorganization

Rulith's Website:
    All Breeding Paths
    Red's Guide to Flying Hunters
    Dragon's, etc.

Comment

• PogTheWarrior
      PogTheWarrior commented
      Editing a comment
      I wish I could like this more than once...

• DragonHunter
      DragonHunter commented
      Editing a comment
      This !!!

• DirtBanga
      DirtBanga commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, agreed !

When I started playing, events were special, and definitely not weekly happenings. And the divine dragons were something special too that you had to work for and earn. True, not everyone got them, or even had a chance to get them, but that's what made them special. For the most part, the game was, as Panda said, about the basics.

Now, events are weekly, expected, and really just the same boring things over-and-over again. The "seasonal dragons" have turned the focus of this game to earning/buying siguls rather than just training dragons and building your base.

We have a good team. Not the best, but friendly and fun. We were in Sapphire until the league restructure, now we are top-tier Platinum. I have had several players leave simply because they want to be back in Sapphire for the higher sigul count. Now please, don't lecture me about working harder to get back up to sapphire, that's not the point here. The point is, for these players now, obtaining siguls is the most important thing. That's not the game I started playing.

The game has been corrupted from its original spirit, and many would say it has been ruined as well.
    Last edited by PogTheWarrior; 5 days ago. Reason: grammer - grr...

Comment

• A1R
      A1R commented
      Editing a comment
      +1 completely true.

Hmm, this is a tricky one. I disagree somewhat with Panda. They are all money dump events IF you want to attain as many Event Achievements as possible. As Red stated, proper planning gets you most of the way in all of the events. Accomplish regular builds out of season, boost in season. The outlier, just as Red stated, is the Training Event. Why? Because it isn't regular. It pops up out of the blue. Not only that, but the way PG is adjusting requirements in an effort to establish a more "fair" playing field is in actuality making it so that ONLY the heavy spenders can complete a decent amount of achievements.

Proper planning is all that is required for the Training Event as well. You continue to level your main 2 or 3 dragons at all times, level the rest to the point of becoming breedable. Keep flying with those dragons so that you accrue XP, and during Training Events you Level past Breeding. Not difficult!!!

The PG greed is what is killing the events for those that don't spend a lot during events. I use to spend almost every event. That stopped with this Season, and I will not spend more until things change.

Comment

I agree.

My suggested solution would be to have major events stay the same (perhaps change them up a bit, add some new ones, etc. But that's not the point), so once every other week. Have minor events be shorter, have more variety, give more of a heads up, and increase prizes.

As an example (let's say "weeks" start on Mondays):
      Week 1, usual length- PvP event
      Week 2, perhaps 3 days (ex.)- Fortification
      Week 3, usual length- PvP
      Week 4, 3 days- Breeding
      Week 5, usual- PvP
      Week 6, 3 days- Feeding/XP
      Week 7, usual- PvP
      Week 8, 3 days- Special event, maybe a new one, medal event for example. Or just repeat one of the others.

If setup was like this, minor events would reflect what we do, not how much we can save in a month. This way, we can still safely progress and not be behind on dragons, base, etc. Having them be a shorter time allows more of that progression without being sidetracked by an event. If prizes with this is a concern, the heads up can be a 1-2 weeks in advance and the prizes can be increased. Something that this would give would be less of a schedule and events could be changed for a week or switched up, and normal progression could sill occur. Another pro is less imbalance with food that occurs each feeding event.

Sure I'm going to get people wondering HOW this would allow normal progression. It would mean that you could still do well in the events while going at your own pace.

This is probably confusing, but just my idea for how this could be improved, if not fixed. Can edit to clarify later.

Edit: Another thing I wanted to mention is, making the events shorter would be helpful to restore resource balance after events that literally suck them all up, and allows steady recruiting and time to just fly dragons, do wars, and focus on upgrading and breeding.

Another edit: Realized that having the minor events occur once every two months *may* be less than ideal. Another option would be keeping feeding as it is, popping up randomly, and not adding a new minor event. That way, same rotation but shorter event and higher prizes. Either/or would work.

Also, if I say "mini" event, I mean minor.
      ‚Äč
      Last edited by Forrestt; 4 days ago. Reason: New addition.

Comment

I strongly oppose that feed/paid xp event. When PG dtook it iff rotation in September last year that was the best move they had done for a long time. I found the thread where Joseph / Joebot said it was gone and 99% of the people on the thread were happy.

This even is also really hard for your new players as they cant score. My sub 100 alts struggled to get 500k points. And my alts are in the top 10k players globally so this event is really bad for the community.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRedDelilah View Post
          The reason why Dragon Training for XP (not food) is exponentially better is that it encourages activity! You don't have to stop playing the game to prepare for it in any way. All you have to do is log in and fly your ass off! PG could still make a profit from people using rubies to transfer XP, but the game play isn't compromised.

CampusLifer - I agree, there is a lot of value to rotating events and mixing it up. Some people like more events than others, and no one will ever agree completely. However, the events should encourage healthy game play and activity, not make us stop playing. Feeding is just rediculous. For the other events you mentioned, they could all be improved as well, but that's another conversation.
          I remember there was an xp event more than a year ago, which people earn xp by flying dragons. However, due to the xp gap for high and low level players, that event is switched to feeding event.

Comment

• TheRedDelilah
            TheRedDelilah commented
            Editing a comment
            They actually changed it to a log10 xp event to make it "fair" for low levels.

• Kittens
            Kittens commented
            Editing a comment
            I could see square root XP as a decent adjustment. But whether it's flat, square root, or log, any version of XP is better than food. The only saving grace is that you can dump it into the perch (I haven't needed to do this, but it's an option now). But then that makes it that much harder to raid food, because people can always just empty it to protected amounts, along with the protection glitches that are STILL not fixed, and the fact that you can't put on a food boost with the storage upgrading.

Overall, this is still the worst event in the game, and that's not even getting into the prize tiers this time around. The only way you could make one worse would be a payapalooza open gold chests event with gold chests only dropping tower boosts and evasion spells (please don't get any ideas).

• Mechengg
            Mechengg commented
            Editing a comment
            Log10 is 100% the way to go in this style of event.

Slight advantage for higher level players, but they are going to have a slightly harder time hitting max XP as well so its a nice balance. If you are in the first 10 levels you aren't going to do well in the game but after that it should be competitive and easy to obtain XP at all levels with or without. This basically turns this into an activity based event (which is good right?)

+It is really the best for the medium level players with a strong dragon base who haven't over-leveled so they can solo and run many more runs than trading with a teammate for max.

++It also benefits players to use expert dragons and promotes having experts in your upper or second to upper tier for that 20% bonus.

CampusLifer Honestly the first xp event was really good. If you watched it closely the top two globally were a huge spender and someone who just flew constantly to get the xp. I think being able to have an event where you can flexibly put in a ton of time or money to achieve the result is good in light of things. If you are worried about spending, then people are more likely to increase their level so that they can have greater xp returns.

Comment

To be honest, I don't remember the difference between the old "level up your dragon" event and the latest incarnation of "level up your dragon" event. What's the difference?

Just spitballing, it feels like anything like this is really hard to get the parameters right because of the way the economy exponentially grows as you level up. for example, the amount of dragonXP gained per attack or food generated/spent to level up is exponentially bigger for higher level players than lower level players. this isnt how it works for almost every other event. e.g., breeding dragons scales linearly as you level up, earning attack points as well, etc.

Comment

• Jess
              Jess commented
              Editing a comment
              The actual XP event didn't really have anything directly to do with food, you can feed said dragons or not the choice was up to players it didn't impact on your points or teams points for the event if you didn't.

Another bonus of the XP event rather than the current Feeding Event is that It didn't matter if you were den capped or if you were at the other end of the game scale and all your dragons are expert. You can still fly, earn XP with your dragon Capped or Expert regardless and earn points.

The problems were when PG implemented their 'little baby bronze player who just started should get the same as the maxed out poolayer who has been playing for 2 years' stuff. So to do this you started the lets penalise the upper end of the game so they don't get more (or much more) XP than the lower end.

Personally I think PG has to start acknowledging the difference between the two ends of the game, which is normal in a game where you have players who have just started and players who have been playing since the game begun and starts scaling rewards to suit. - however I also acknowledge that PG disagrees and wants everyone to be the same.

• Panda
              Panda commented
              Editing a comment
              The points were earned by accumulation of xp and not by food. Food is very much something that PG has tried to control and use as a medium to increase revenue. I get sometimes, but maybe just not all the time? And honestly, you call it a dragon training event...how is food training but xp pots aren't? It is just a food burning event...

Log xp was one of my fave events. You basically could either spend ( paid xp transfer ) or just fly.

You dont have to worry about food for log xp since if a dragon is den capped or maxed out it can still earn points.

Comment

• Panda
              Panda commented
              Editing a comment
              Log xp was the worst...it was absolutely binary. Did you attack? You get 1 point, did you not attack? You get 0 points.

• xxCLAYxx
              xxCLAYxx commented
              Editing a comment
              log10 for higher level players made no sense, I get the attempt, but what ended up happening is that high level players swapped out their roster for reds with short regen time and just flew constantly without using heals, and/or just transferred xp.

I too, prefer the original xp event, of course it's scaled towards higher levels, but everything in every event is scaled that way as well, so what's the big deal?

• gaza8143
              gaza8143 commented
              Editing a comment
              Panda - didnt realise it was so bad for bigger players. I was probably around L100 back then with a couple of L50 farms. But whatever version of an xp event they come up with as long as all players can earn points I think will be well received.

I was thinking about an event which you can earn points by getting xp and spending the food at the same time. But that might be too stressful.

Comment

CampusLifer All mentioned above is true.

ON TOP OF IT:

1. you cut down rewards in personal tiers
              2. widen the gaps between each tier (see current event for alternating low and high count rubies and massive max tier)
              3. keep releasing dragons too fast despite almost everyone telling you to slow down
              4. set up everything around obtaining cash and getting your customer frustrated so that they spend

The problem is that it has become so transparent and narrowed down to your profit, it's disgusting!!!
              In addition a HUGE majority of dragons has broken spells & the way you've set up the game is that divines and obtaining sigils for them are pretty much the main focus now, while breeders are a byproduct.

As an example, one might argue Apple is ripping people off with their products too, but at least they back it up with one of the best customer service experiences in the world & bending backwards to keep their customers (and keep them happy).
              They offer a good product and have solid ground to build on.

PG does and has absolutely nothing in that regard!!! In fact, your customer service and resolution ratio even for things you caused (and admitted to do so), is the worst I've ever experienced! And I've dealt with 100's of companies on 5 different continents... it is really, really, really bad!

You can clearly see this in posts like mine and from players this past year who have also been with you since the beginning, that this is NOT the War Dragons we signed up for. We are sad, disappointed, hopeless....

I hope you go back a year or so where things changed and start implementing from there, once again.
              PG is currently stuck in the loop of "money grab" instead of "happy customer" and companies like this never last. Ever!
              Last edited by A1R; 3 days ago.

Comment

• Valorous2377
                Valorous2377 commented
                Editing a comment
                Beautiful commentary. I agree one hundred percent with you man. I really hope someone important reads this comment right here because that sums it all up.

• SuavGlav
                SuavGlav commented
                Editing a comment
                I promise you Valorous2377 the 'important' people are reading these threads and they simply do not care enough to change it.

Originally posted by Panda View Post
              So, I mean this as seriously as possible. The basics of the game revolve (for now, the beta is coming, cry ) around breeding dragons, training your dragon, feeding your dragon and building your base. PG has now turned 3/4 into money dump events. So literally it is now just 25% of the game left that you can do outside of events. Wtf are people supposed to do? EggToken CampusLifer ? I feel like, the old..."Well they can just choose to do it outside of the event" is coming but that is being a shitty teammate. So, in order to be a decent teammate you have now limited 75% of what players would do on a daily basis. This doesn't seem like a problem?
              My issue, is different, but I think perhaps related. Most of the game is spent as you suggested leveling up dragons and bases. But in order to do that you spend most of your time farming other bases for resources and waiting for timers. This becomes a problem later in the game. Now that I am at level 209, I have a very significant problem. I literally can't farm anymore. Each of my upgrades now requires something like a million resources. However, now that I am level 209 my options for farming are basically non-existent. A level 200 player which there are few enough of will basically give me no resources (less than 20k most likely) because they are lower level than I am. I am now facing level 300 bases, but they still only offer a max of maybe 60k resources for some reason, and that's in the unlikely event I can actually take one that is defended. And yet, because of my level I am now a prime target for everyone that's between 150-200. They start attacking me the second I break about 300-400k resources, which isn't even half the value I need to upgrade. That in its self isn't necessarily a problem, except because they are lower level they are actually stealing 150-200k resources each hit (and if they can't take my base on their own, they bring their emerald buddy to easily solo my base).

I am now stuck in this shitty position where I am now feeding every other player under 200, and it is now impossible for me to actually farm resources. Every time I run someone's base for 20k, I get hit for 150k. It is impossible to continue leveling up, especially when 75% of the fucking events encourage people to attack my base for one resource or the other.

My base would be fine defending against people of my own level, but its impossible to defend against level 50 emerald tier dragons. And literally no one out there gives enough resources for me to reasonably farm at this point. Even the level 300+ bases are only ever showing 60k or so resources to hit. When you need a million resources to upgrade, and you start getting farmed before you even reach 50% of that for nearly 50% of your stash, it just really takes all of the fun out of the game. The only value I have in the game at this point is for me to feed other people, since its impossible for me to feed myself unless I spend money for wood/food packs. My only choice is if I want to let other teams steal all my resources while I try to horde enough to actually feed myself, or I can simply stop trying to feed myself and feed the rest of my team. But in either case my progression is stopped at this point, which is a pretty shitty design for a game.

Comment

• gaza8143
                gaza8143 commented
                Editing a comment
                I hear you - same issue for me. L150s with Sapphire legendaries or better can drop L200 bases.

I feel like my growth is also stunted and have a similar issue where 150s take 150k - 200k rss while I can barely find 50k at a time.

I dont like asking my team for help as I feel like at my level I should be self sufficient. Quite often I am sending out RSS while silently suffering unable to progress.

Originally posted by Brigitte25
              The only way I can feed my dragons, and I don't need a million, but for some about 650k is because I have 3 Alts well over 100-200, 1 nearly 200 teammate with an alt over 100. We have our farms maxed and we bounce like crazy and take turns. But we don't have any garnets yet just expert sapphires. I think you have to rely on teammates or Alts if your team allows them. I almost never raid, my farms put out loads of rss. i remember being on a platinum team before sapphires were invented, and having 6 or seven dragons in the den, all with more than one level of xp. When I sprung out, all my drags were fed in 4 hours, because of generosity of my teammates...several high levels for those days. You just can't do it alone anymore. It's hard for us because we also have a lot of teammates who rely on us for food. This event has been awful. But either Alts or teammates (I really see them as equivalent) can make up for the weaknesses in food. BUT I have given up on emeralds or whatever else comes, possibly even garnets, we'll see. Because I won't spend what it would require to get huge.
              I get that, and that is frequently what I do end up doing, or I'll save up food packs that can be used for the last portion of missing food. But I think my point is being lost. The game revolved primarily around raiding while leveling up. But now, I can't get anything useful out of raiding, so I hardly play now because there is nothing for me to do. I can't raid enough to get enough RSS to do anything before it is stolen. So instead of logging in and playing regularly. I log in gather food, and log off, that's it. There is no value in my actually playing the game at this point and its frustrating.

Comment

• Mechengg
                Mechengg commented
                Editing a comment
                That seems to be your problem, you log in to collect food just to log off and have it stolen.

What i would do is log in, collect food, ship it off to a teammate (all except a few thousand), then start raiding. Ask them to bounce food back as soon as they get it and that gives you 40 minutes to raid more food without being hit back. If you need more rss than that, plan ahead and send one shipment to a teammate and ask to bounce back in X minutes (typically right away when they get it). In the meantime raid some food and ask if any teammates have food to swap, find someone who has around the same amount as you and do the swap when your first teammate sends your food back. That way you have tons of protected food all coming in at once.

The more you log in then out without doing anything, the more frustrated you will become and the less you will enjoy the game. Try this out for a week and see if you can get some decent results from a 40 minute - 1 hour log in session

• A1R
                A1R commented
                Editing a comment
                What Mechengg said. It's well known that it is almost impossible to feed higher tier dragons without the help of your teammates. Unless you have a very lucky day or a bunch of food packs.

• Dakhunter
                Dakhunter commented
                Editing a comment
                thats exactly what Ive been doing Mechengg. I could help feed a high level Deci (1M+ food) of teammate in just 40m of flying and bouncing
            Working...
            X