No announcement yet.

Obsidian Tier...Serously?!?!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have only 1 garnet so far, taken about 2 months to get the eggs for it but had to go back to breed Apophet which costs silly amount of eggs, this event i'll get half of Jul - next month I can get the rest. It's painfully slow progress and i'll never see the endgame again, when I used to slowly catch up with tiers previously before new ones were released. I'm level 216 and used to be a spender, no more.

I refuse to spend while the game is being ran as it is. All the development appears to be fed into the ships 'Beta', no meaningful analysis appears to be performed for the non-whales to make sure that it's still fun to play and we can have a taste of catching up, even if we never do.

I fear for the future of the game, the house of cards is rocking and ignoring the playerbase will bring the whole lot down.
    Last edited by Frenzi; 3 weeks ago.

Comment

• Dravoz
      Dravoz commented
      Editing a comment
      100% agree. Did you see my earlier post? Jared acknowledged that garnet was released too soon. 7 months later and we have two new tiers. Pandering to the 1% will destroy this game.

• Indi123
      Indi123 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm not a whale but have all emeralds except for Nier. I don't find the egg token requirements prohibitive actually. Yet still I agree with you. I would have enjoyed just flying the dragons I've obtained for a couple more months and levelling the sorcerers and warriors past breeding level for a change. As it is, those pretty dragons will go in the den at level 12, never to be seen again.

Small point of kudos to PG for giving us a new hunter which (on paper) looks like a lead dragon for a change. I hope it lives up to the hype.

You only have to look at the massive money pit the Assault event became in its second iteration to see that sadly, PG doesn't give a fuck about skill, or people learning their dragons, it's all about keeping the biggest of the big spenders happy.

• Goober
      Goober commented
      Editing a comment
      Indi what?!?! You actually WANT to fly your max dragons for a while?!?!? That's insane! What player would want that over new shiny dragons?!?! 😱

I think the argument that you don't need the new dragons or steady progression is total BS. I am going backwards basically because I will have to drop leagues with everything getting harder and harder. If you are not on the top of this game at all times it just buries you, not fun. When I saw that there was new tier already and new tower levels soon I just want to quit, this BS game is a trap!

Instead of new and exiting content its just demoralizing depression for the vast majority of the players. Maybe if the power level gaps were not so enormous it wouldn't feel so bad. How about new tiers being only slightly stronger and only adding 2 new tower lvls at a time. This is getting old faaast, it really looks they there are trying to squeeze the 1% and just kill the game!
    Last edited by Chromat1; 3 weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Chromat1 View Post
      Maybe if the power level gaps were not so enormous it wouldn't feel so bad.
      Don't people still consider Hauheset one of the best dragons in the game? Honest question.

Comment

• Goober
        Goober commented
        Editing a comment
        Not as much since lvl 50 towers came out and a good base.

• Indi123
        Indi123 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes but it's only useful if there is a top tier dragon backing it.

• Bash
        Bash commented
        Editing a comment
        As a lead with an emerald following he is still solid. But one mistep and level 50 towers wreck him. Once level 55 towers come out, he will likely outlive his usefulness.

My problem with this isn't so much the tiers. Its that every time they add a new tier they double the dragons power. That makes the gap between the tier exponentially worse. There will now be what... a 200m dps difference between Osidian and Emerald tiers. That makes it impossible for anyone that is not in that tier to have any impact on that player.

Comment

Originally posted by Captainhook_0 View Post
        Don't know how many of you are playing or have played any other PG games. But one comes to mind I d been playing for 3? Years. It's paradise cove. PG did the same to that game as they are doing to WD. Stronger ships. Tougher wars. Longer events. Anyway my point is PG killed the game. There was a banner thrown up on my opening screen stating that PG will be scaling down new content for that game. The game will still be playable for the time being but for how long who knows. PG has owned WD for what 12 months? Given their history with other games how much longer do we really have left playing here?
        Just saying.
        Same here, I played Paradise Cove for 3 years & ran into the same issue. Now Pg is doing the same to this game. When will the greed stop. Pfff oh yea it PG!

Comment

Working...
        X