Announcement

Collapse

New Forums are now up!

Greetings Dragon Lords! Please visit our new forums at http://forums.wardragons.com! We're leaving this old forum up for a period of time to allow players to migrate over any important posts, but will eventually close them out. Please note that you will need to log in using your PocketID over on the new forum. You can also access them through the game by tapping on Settings > Forums!
See more
See less

Obsidian Tier...Serously?!?!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obsidian Tier...Serously?!?!

Cmon PG!!!! Another tier of drags?!?! Already?! You are going to lose players like crazy! Up until hearing this news I've been up to making things work with this game financially. You release that tier of drags anytime this year and I'm done with this game as far as spending goes. You talk of balancing the game by nerfing runes and switching research functions, by nerfing attack power of drags, by giving us "more" egg token payouts in leagues only to release another tier of drags that just happen to cost "more" tokens!!! So really we all get less in the grand scale of things. Your balancing game strategy is pathetic if this new tier of drags is released so soon. Why don't you hold off even releasing stones for the next tier!?!! Give people a break!!!! You remember what happened when you released garnet right after saphirre?!? Loads of people quit! Keep pissing off your players Pg and keep catering to diamond league. Pretty soon that will be all you have. Real great balancing effort! Why don't you instead try fixing crap!!!! That means less bugs, less changing what you sell to people, actually listening to the players that give you suggestions, getting things right the first time you release new material!

You've put a carrot in front of people for far too long but now with news of Obsidian tier you've made the carrot 🥕 Overwhelmingly too far out of reach. And now with emerald stones being outrageous cost in sigils what's an Obsidian stone going to cost?!? 100K sigils?!?!

Dont you remember when platinum drags were finally obtainable in a season branch? How cool that was that players could work hard and obtain what they went for? Are you pulling away from that again? Is that your plan? Pathetic!!

100 percent fed up! If there is anyone out here who comments and says oh it's just PG doing there thing then they are part of the problem. This is unacceptable to throw new dragons out so soon when there is so many other areas of improvement that could be seized upon. I strongly suggest people voice their own opinions out here. Please don't think that it doesnt matter. I just can't imagine a single player being cool with what they're doing. All players I know would have to agree that this is too much way too soon. Am I wrong?

... I say if its next season 6months is more than enough time for a tier
    Frydays

Comment

• elements1
      elements1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes but it will have been 6 months since the release of emerald which is a sustainable release cadence of tiers imo

• War fan
      War fan commented
      Editing a comment
      Except that the second half of emerald tier literally just came out last weekend,

• elements1
      elements1 commented
      Editing a comment
      3 months of Mythics is more than enough time.

No worries. Most of the diamond players will support this by buying them within a day. I have seen it happen when sapphire+ first came out....

Comment

My comment is simple follow the money.

Sure some players will quit. They don't care as long as the biggest spenders keep spending. Its because of their complaints that dragons who could actually take down their expensive bases keep getting nurfed (and runes that help make them that way get disabled). They are the reason towers keep getting bigger, and everything in the game harder to get unless you spend more and more. They are going to milk this game until they chase away most everyone except the big spenders. And then eventually those will get bored or tired of the crap too. But until then they don't care what we think and our threats have them crying all the way to the bank.
      What, me worry?

Comment

• Brigitte25
        Brigitte25 commented
        Editing a comment
        @CaptC I,think you are right. Eventually,the game will go,bankrupt or completely.change and creditors will have to get in line.

• CaptainC
        CaptainC commented
        Editing a comment
        No honestly I think they will bail out, along with their investors, before they go bankrupt. Who knows maybe they will even sell the game off again. They are actually the 3rd owners I think. Some of the old guard players can tell,us for sure.

• Rakic
        Rakic commented
        Editing a comment
        It was owned by BitPig before PG bought the game. I don't know if there were previous owners before that. I was under the impression that bitpig came up with the concept though.

High spenders and cheaters are glad to see new tiers coming up. For us the low level, mid spenders will be a lot of work.

Comment

After every tier now since sapphire came out there have been these complaints and nothing has changed. PG will shove new tiers down the whales throats till the whales decide to stop spending.

Im honestly tired of complaining since when they released Garnet and their fix was to release emerald tier just 2 months later than garnet. PG says they listen when that's furthest from the truth.

A new tier once a season isn't the answer for this game, nor is the world map. This game is going down the toilet.
        x7DeadlyGoobsx

Comment

• Rakic
          Rakic commented
          Editing a comment
          I want to like it twice. So I did.

Check like

• Blah765
          Blah765 commented
          Editing a comment
          Not even sure why I should bother at this point. If you get lucky you get 1000-3000 tokens in a chest for dragons that require hundreds of thousands of tokens. I have one more sapphire before I can breed my first largely useless Garnet. Emerald wasn't even on my radar for breeding and now there is another tier out there too. By the time I get Garnet Mythics there'll probably be 2-3 more tiers if not more.

• Kittens
          Kittens commented
          Editing a comment
          Add to that, chest dilution, where PG responded to complaints of too many base boosts by increasing them in bronze chests, adding them to gold chests and nerfing their value in the salvage shop beta, so we're steadily getting fewer egg tokens per chest.

I wonder how many 🤤recolors or same spells with different name or spell color will be in this tier of dragons. 🤔

Comment

• MrSpawnTrap
          MrSpawnTrap commented
          Editing a comment
          😅 Hehe

Next tier should be the "bank loan" tier followed by "no family holiday tier" and "no mortgage repayment tier"

Comment

Why not for one season instead of dragons PG can maybe come up with 3 different defence towers and one really good defence tower as the 4th prize. And the stones would unlock on lvls like dragons. That way we don't have our roster filled with divines. Or maybe with this speed of new tiers showing up might aswell double the roster spot so we can have 20 dragons in the roster rather than 10. It will help on war events a lot 😂

Comment

• NUM1PHAT
            NUM1PHAT commented
            Editing a comment
            I actually really like the premise of this idea. It is an attack and defend based game. We have Divine Dragons for attack, but no Divine Towers for defense.

Maybe they could even replace the 4th Divine Dragon line with this type of tower. This would also give the F2P players something to shoot for to defend against the 3 Divine and 1 Mythic Dragon that they cannot get (they could get 1 or 2, but not all).
            Last edited by NUM1PHAT; 06-22-2017, 06:41 PM.

Deleted
          Last edited by gox1201; 06-17-2017, 02:28 AM. Reason: post ended in wrong thread somehow

Comment

Taking a break from Divines would be awesome.
            I'd like to see thousands of green eggs for research as one of the main prizes.
            Food packs as another
            Energy packs and Inner Fires on another line
            and do what ever you want for the extra tier because I'll never need to worry about that one anyway.

Comment

EggToken

After getting new tier and evolutions after a time... its necessary to make the past things easier to reach... Or how to say...
              - more prizes in events for breeding stuff, which got decreased in past
              Otherwise most wont be able to reach dragon tiers as they are. Because it takes too long.

A kind of special could be the "eggtoken special" , where the event give higher breeding prizes, or even breeding event could give more about that instead of base stuff as all events.
              Last edited by EmrahT; 06-17-2017, 09:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by EmrahT View Post
                EggToken

After getting new tier and evolutions after a time... its necessary to make the past things easier to reach... Or how to say...
                - more prizes in events for breeding stuff, which got decreased in past
                Otherwise most wont be able to reach dragon tiers as they are. Because it takes too long.

A kind of special could be the "eggtoken special" , where the event give higher breeding prices, or even breeding event could give more about that instead of base stuff as all events.
                They already give us higher breeding prices every event every tier.
                dont give them anymore ideas.

Comment

• EmrahT
                  EmrahT commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I meant prizes . Edited thanks

• Captainhook_0
                  Captainhook_0 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You were right the first time.

Don't know how many of you are playing or have played any other PG games. But one comes to mind I d been playing for 3? Years. It's paradise cove. PG did the same to that game as they are doing to WD. Stronger ships. Tougher wars. Longer events. Anyway my point is PG killed the game. There was a banner thrown up on my opening screen stating that PG will be scaling down new content for that game. The game will still be playable for the time being but for how long who knows. PG has owned WD for what 12 months? Given their history with other games how much longer do we really have left playing here?
                Just saying.

Comment

• Rakic
                  Rakic commented
                  Editing a comment
                  They just had their 2 year anniversary and they had a big injection of Chinese capital. You can expect them to continue ruining the game for a while to come.

How quickly tiers are released is something the team is very much paying attention to based on player feedback, and actual player progression within War Dragons. Every gamer has a set of motivators that help determine what kind of game(s) they like to play. Some of these motivators are shared by lots of different games. In War Dragons, some of these motivators are social interaction, acquisition of power, and completion, just to name a few. I think the negative feelings that people have around when a new dragon tier is released is due to it making the goal of completion look even further away if you're still working on earlier tiers. This is not surprising! Completion turns out to be the single strongest motivator among gamers of all ages, genders, etc. On the other hand, however, those players who are fortunate enough to be at the bleeding edge of the game--those who have every tier and the most powerful dragons unlocked--also share this motivator (we're all pretty similar in the end). Imagine yourself in that player's shoes: how less-fun would the game be if there was nothing else to work towards? Would those other motivators be enough to keep them around? My message here is not to offer any kind of end-all solution, but I do want to place things in perspective. You should set goals that are reasonable for the time and resources you're willing to put into the game. The existence of something that is "the best" is so that it's available, and not to be required. I hope that this is reasonable.

Comment

• OldDragon
                  OldDragon commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Egg... I think you just confirmed that whales have top priority, as stated by CaptainC earlier. Of course that makes perfect business sense.

• Goober
                  Goober commented
                  Editing a comment
                  OldDragon no thinking needed. That's exactly what EggToken just said. "We have to keep the whales happy and we don't give a rats ass about the rest of the community."

Also EggToken, you and the PG team is 100% wrong and don't understand real gamers. And if it's only breeding and building that you think is the only thing that will keep players interested in this game, then you have a much larger problem. You just said that this game is crap and the only way it can be fun is to just put out new dragons and things to build. 🙄

• Goober
                  Goober commented
                  Editing a comment
                  OldDragon no thinking needed. That's exactly what EggToken just said. "We have to keep the whales happy and we don't give a rats ass about the rest of the community."

Also EggToken, you and the PG team is 100% wrong and don't understand real gamers. And if it's only breeding and building that you think is the only thing that will keep players interested in this game, then you have a much larger problem. You just said that this game is crap and the only way it can be fun is to just put out new dragons and things to build. 🙄
              Working...
              X