Please do away with the bookmark button

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please do away with the bookmark button

I think the only thing that should be bookmarked is xp bases. We have those who think it's ok to bookmark you and hit u off and on daily.

I disagree the bookmark is an important feature to my gameplay. Generally if you ask the person to stop hitting you they will.

They would have you book marked for 3 reasons probably (1) your base is easy so they use it as an xp base, (2) you have lots of rss so it is an attractive target (3) you or your team did something to them and they are returning the favour.

You can make your base less attractive to hit, make sure you dump rss to team mates before you log off, keep your base super short so its going to cost them at least 2 dragons to drop your base.

Most people will jump on here and say its a war game and partf the game and they probably have valid point

I used to play game of war and spent 40k AUD / $30k USD on it and forgot my shield one day I lost $10k of my account in about 3 hours. Be happy that all people can take is some RSS in this game and they cant permanently kill your dragons or towers!

Comment

Bookmark button isn't the issue. Problem is the game doesn't throttle resources obtained in repetitive hits so bullying is encouraged.

Comment

• Goober
        Goober commented
        Editing a comment
        Only issue here is the fact that you just used the word "bullying" for someone hitting the same base multiple times for reasons unknown.

If you're being hit multiple times because you hold a lot of resources in a war game, then this game isn't for you.

That's not being bullied. That's called being a snowflake for complaining about it.

• GodofNoobz
        GodofNoobz commented
        Editing a comment
        I think you are making a mistake not looking at the replays. The replays are not there for revenge purposes but to improve your base set up. If you don't watch your replays how do you know all your mage towers and turrets are getting shots off. You are only handicapping yourself by not watching and studying the replays.

• Goober
        Goober commented
        Editing a comment
        The only time I revenge is if I want my RSS back! 😂

Bookmarks are handy for egg missions as well I have a few farms with lots of fire/ice/lightning towers

Comment

I use the bookmarks primarily for xp bases. But there are those times when some "special" player makes me want to visit more than once or at just the right time.

Leave the bookmarks alone. At least until the invader base or whatever it's called is added to the full game and the need for xp bases is finally gone.
        What, me worry?

Comment

In retrospect, part of me wishes we hadn't ever created the bookmark feature in the first place.

It's kinda hard to rip it out now... or figure out the right rules to restrict it.

Comment

The only other thing I use bookmarks for is to keep track of former teammates, like an address book. Since they nerfed how many messages are kept in the chat system, that method of staying in touch has mostly gone -poof-.
          Lead Pyroclast - Built2Burn

Comment

There is nothing wrong with the Bookmark feature. It functions exactly as intended and is an integral part of most peoples game play. If someone wants to hit you multiple times, they will even if the Bookmark tab wasn't there. The Bookmark feature just makes it less of a hassle. I use the Bookmark Feature every day, as others above have stated. To run XP missions, to store some ignorant player that decides to spam attack me, etc...

Comment

Easy enough to fix, set a max amount of rss that can be lost from raids per day

Comment

• NUM1PHAT
                NUM1PHAT commented
                Editing a comment
                Easy enough if put into context. A blanket amount isn't acceptable. Need to come up with an acceptable loss amount that would have to be Player Level independent. Losing 50k really is nothing for a high level player, but everything to lower levels.

Also, this is one of the very few (only?) war games that doesn't place an attacked base into some sort of "safe time" in which they cannot be attacked.

While we're changing things mise well change the name "WAR"Dragons, cause nobody evidently wants to play this Game as "War"Dragons. How bout KumbiayaDragons! 🤦🏼*♂️ Gheese people it's a War game!!!!

Comment

This is not a good idea what so ever, especially being that this is a WAR game.

Even if the bookmark button was to be removed a bully will just track you through email and keep hitting you.

If you think your base is bookmarked just change your name and you will fall off bookmark list, it's that simple. If you're still being hit after that then you are being tracked through email.

Comment

I do think there should be a way to doge the email tag, even if it comes with a ruby cost. I understand this is War Dragons and have even been "targeted" before and yeah, I shrug them off. If it lasts a month so be it. But for some people, especially newer players who may have only been playing for 3 months, it is very discouraging to get attacked multiple times a day for a month on end. Enough to make them quit. I see no reason someone couldn't "buy" a new identity (change names, change teams) and get a fresh start away from an email tag. Everyone compares this to a game of war, but in war you can also run away into hiding from an enemy.

Edit -- In NO WAY do I endorse removing of bookmarks. This would take too much from the game and isn't a viable solution to the OPs problem.
                  Last edited by defpolak; 5 days ago.

Comment

• GodofNoobz
                    GodofNoobz commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I would like to meet the guys who would invest an entire month of their life at stalking someone in a app game. How pitiful does your life have to be to invest 30 days of your life in nonsense. Within 72 hours I usually forget why I even book marked someone yet alone 30 days lol.
                Working...
                X