Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

+1 supershot ammo - should have notation that this only applies while defending yourself.

+5% Storage building wood/food protection - should say +0.5% of your resources are protected (because it is what it does) by default 10% of resources in storage are protected. After researching this it adds 5% to the 10% and end up with 10.5% protected, not 15% as most people expect.

+5% Lumber mill wood protection - no one knows what the default protection on a lumber mill is, so is +5% any good? When I get hit by an attacker and 2 assisters it totally clears my mills/farms.

Recycled Shield Breakers - should have notation if applies when only defending yourself or to all defenders - I do not know the answer to this, I never researched this because figure would only apply if defending myself.

shadow healing - heals up to 15% while cloaked - is there a % per second rate here?
    Last edited by CoffeePop; 07-08-2017, 09:56 PM.

Comment

• PGJared
      PGJared commented
      Editing a comment
      +1 supershot ammo - should have notation that this only applies while defending yourself.

As in, to clarify that allies defending you do not get the advantage of this?

• Rakic
      Rakic commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep that's what he is saying.

• JSG
      JSG commented
      Editing a comment
      Recycled shield breakers. Be nice to know if it is only on self defends. Rather pointless if so. But helps a little bit if for all defending.

Arcane Striker / Red mage supershot boost
    Mystic Striker / Blue mage supershot boost + lightning SS boost
    Wisdom / XP gain increase
    Weakening / poison increase
    Enervating?

Research costs are fine, don't see why some make a fuss. You can't expect just to run through the lot in the first year of playing. Nor do you have to do all the side branches. Pick what you find useful.
    Last edited by JSG; 07-10-2017, 04:47 PM.

Comment

• MareZ
      MareZ commented
      Editing a comment
      Seems like his post is mainly about runes.
      Last edited by MareZ; 4 weeks ago.

• JSG
      JSG commented
      Editing a comment
      Correct.
      On topic.

'Are there any spells or runes or glyphs that you feel are vague or misleading as well?'

I feel those rune names are not at all clear.

• MareZ
      MareZ commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry JSG , didn't read that part, all I saw was research posts.

PGJared Still trying to get clarification on this research:

% to resistance spell

All of these, do you have to already have the resist and this research simply makes it stronger? Or does it add this resist to every dragon you have?

Comment

• wardragonslayne
      wardragonslayne commented
      Editing a comment
      It's pretty obvious it increases the resistance of the resistance. If you don't have that resist on that dragon, you have no resistance to increase.

Questions like this really make me realize why PG is screwing with everything. Are we really not intelligent enough to figure out anything on our own from clearly written English?

• defpolak
      defpolak commented
      Editing a comment
      Think of it like this. Your dragon has 0% resistance to lightning. Your research increases that by 10%. 10% of zero is still a zero.

No need to be a jerk. It isn't clearly written English. It says, "+10% Trebuchet Resistance Spell". NOT x10%... If you take zero and ADD 10% it is 10%. If you take zero and multiply it by 10% then it's zero. So yeah, clarity....

Comment

• wardragonslayne
      Editing a comment
      MareZ has proven once again.. stuck in high school

• MareZ
      MareZ commented
      Editing a comment
      wardragonslayne you really need a new hobby to let some steam out and quit jumping on my 3 week old posts just to throw insults.
      Your posts are childish and prove your lack of having intelligent conversations on a public forum and your lack of respect.

• wardragonslayne
      Editing a comment
      Sorry MareZ it's hard to respect someone with an IQ of roughly 80

Learn how to read and understand.. maybe go back and finish high school

I'm a bit late to the party on this thread, but I'm actually glad about that. It was a pleasure to read the responses, particularly those that were off subject, because of how correct they are. To sum them up....what difference DOES it make about the lingo that is used in research descriptions when research is broken in its current state?

But to expand upon that collective thought, something else should be added-- what is the true cost of making minor changes to something that is inherently flawed from all angles that you look at it? Based on my experiences in 13 months in this game, for every issue resolved, two more sprout up in it's place. I can provide no proof of such a thing occurring, but I assure you, PG, moderators, and Administrators, that I will get far more support to my position than you will get in opposition.

Personally, I don't fault you, PG for making this request. It's valid, but you must keep in mind that it is mere sprinkles. I suggest frosting the cake a bit before applying. You know the problems with your game. Perhaps players believe you're ignoring them because you don't respond to everything, but we all know you're listening.

In the spirit of responding to your initial request, I will offer some examples for you. However, I truly fear what cost your customers must pay for such small and unnecessary changes. I apologize for any repetition provided by my response.

1) What difference truly exists between Reverse Projectiles and Invert? The descriptions differ by three words, "for a short time." If fixing the issue between these is as simple as updating the text, perhaps someone can explain to me why there's two different spells to begin with, while we're on the subject. The runes always said Invert, the spell was, before, reverse projectiles. The two were easily identified as being the exact same thing. Then you went ahead and messed it up and it's more confusing than ever.

2) Define the relationship between Attack Power and Damage. Previously in this thread, someone mentioned two research steps: Sorcerers Fury (green) +4% Sorcerer Damage; Sorcerer Wrath (gold) +4% sorcerer dragon attack. Now, please feel free to correct me if I am wrong, but wouldn't an increase in attack therefore cause an increase in damage? If I attack you by flicking your ear and then punching you in the gut, they could both easily be described as attacks, but with increased attack output, and, as logic would dictate, they would do varying degrees of damage. So.....what the hell? Need I say anything more on this?

3) Some spells are asinine in that they never clearly describe their full or true effect (I'll save the conversation about how half of them suck and are just reworded copies of other spells for another day). Let's take, for example, Battle Cry. It "increases the damage of this and the next dragon to attack" Cool...................How much? It's pretty shameful that I have to go to player websites to find the answer to questions like these. The spell usefulness is questionable to some players whether or not the description is helpful enough to understand, but this particular spell isn't really the only issue. It was just the first to come to mind.

I'm' sure if I logged into the game at this moment I could find several more examples of poor wording and terrible descriptions, but to me, it's hardly worth it. I found that responding to this message was little more than an escape from the game and a fun time killer. Realistically, I don't want or even care if you address these issues. Should you fix them and hand me another update with the solutions in hand, it would be the physical equivalent of a $100 bill buried in a dog turd, and I'll have to wait a week to wash my hands of it. I can't update my game without the fear of not being able to play, or another part of my good experiences soon to be brushed away and long forgotten. Even worse, I'm an Android player, so I know what it is like to be shit on by the game developers of my favorite sitting-on-my-ass-hobby. Sorry Apple users, but if you think you have gripes, you haven't seen anything worth complaining about until you try our side of the game. Hell, we don't even have that dragon perching at the back of our base or the little workers because it would increase our initial login time from 10 minutes to 30, and how long do you wait for your base to reload after an attack? We have 1-3 minutes to return, then another 2-5 for the base to refresh! Yeah, you're the lucky ones......But I digress....

So in conclusion, PG, while I mean you no personal offense....shove this thread up your ass. Don't waste your time with such a petty error, be it your pet peeve or not. You're mildly annoyed, we're infuriated.

DarthKRAHL, AnimusLegion

Comment

• KRAHL80
      KRAHL80 commented
      Editing a comment
      @Owirager
      Thank you, that will be good info.....for those that troll the forum on a routine basis and read each and every post created. However, you sharing that info, rather than having it readily available in the game, helps only a small minority of players. That, my friend, is the entire point of not only those particular comments in my post, but the entire thread. The wording, or lack thereof, is precisely the issue that PG requested.

You did teach me something, in regards to Attack vs Damage, but simultaneously a new question arose, which is about to make my brain explode:

-Attack is responsible for the damage number
      -But some damage is just an additional amount not caused by the Attack rating
      -That damage only applies to spells
      -Ipso facto, any spell that adds additional damage would only affect the strength of any additional spells used
      -If that is the case, but not the intention, the spell should state that it increases attack strength (e.g. +20% attack power, rather than "increases damage")
      -However, if Attack strength adds to damage, shouldn't it then still also add power to the spells at well

This is a clear example of how not including the proper wording, description, or general information can become frustrating. In fact, that is why, until I read this thread, I never bothered to care.

I just fly a dragon and if he does well, I keep using him. If he is a worthless piece of shit that can't beat bases a quarter his power, as well as an insult to the players of this game that convinces them to never buy from off-shoot seasonal prize lines and perhaps stop their spending, I Abraxxas him (I'm sure you can all read between the lines there). I never asked why he sucked, I just benched him when I had enough. However, a stat that shows the defensive rating of these dragons, so we can see that he is a red tier galavanting through our game in an Emerald disguise, would be abundantly helpful.

Cheers folks, I'm finished bitching for the evening. There's wars to tend to.

• War fan
      War fan commented
      Editing a comment
      Increasing the strength of a spell doesn't always increase the damage done.

In the case of battle cry, it increases the damage dealt by a spell if that spell can cause damage.

So freeze gives increased damage to towers that are frozen (includes frozen tomb), lightning (red and white) deals more damage to towers that are struck, etc.

So battle cry really only increases the damage that is dealt by regular attacks (hunter hit, sorcerer swipe, warrior flame) and any spell that is used.

Think of it as an attack boost that you can add to your dragon before you launch your atttack.

• KRAHL80
      KRAHL80 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks again. I am not really looking for explanations, once again, from the forum community, and, in fact, already knew the answers. Explaining the spell ignores the issue-- vague or poorly worded descriptions. Nobody uses Battle Cry anyway. It's use is limited to xp bases, if even that.

PGJared, slightly off topic of research descriptions. Can you update the text for evolving divine dragons to Sapphire? The text says "You need to have Bred a Sapphire Dragon before you can evolve this dragon". I just finished scraping together the fragments for Sekham and didn't realize that I needed to finish upgrading my incubator to level 27. I think I would have held off on using the egg tokens right now if I knew that I needed to also speed up my incubator...

Comment

• Sam DragonLover
      Sam DragonLover commented
      Editing a comment
      This is a key point.

We need to know ALL the prerequisites together, not just the first step of many.

So tell us what we need in dragons and in the base.

Thanks

• laserlight
      laserlight commented
      Editing a comment
      Well actually...I don't know if it's the incubator level or the text is completely wrong and it should say "Hatched" instead of "Bred". My den level is 29 and there's nothing on Ameoba's site that indicates another requirement.

EDIT: The csv for Nightshade's upgrades has the "haveLegendarySapphire" string...I swear if I was supposed to hatch a sapphire dragon...
      Last edited by laserlight; 1 week ago.

I'm way late to this party, but is it possible to get a list of all of the research and what it actually does, so we aren't stabbing in the dark as to what the text should say? I know it's a long shot, but I'd happily look it all over, one by one, but honestly, with the vague descriptions listed in the research tree, we are grasping at straws as we don't really know what each research is intended to do/currently does.

Thanks, and while "simply" updating bits of text here and there may seem minor to some (or most even), I think it shows that you are trying to polish what is a very nice product (WDs that is), at least in my mind. Any improvements are still improvements, and if they can be done without removing resources from engineering/development, that is a good thing in my mind (I'm constantly faced with similar issues in my "field" as well, I can fix minor things "on my end", but a lot of the technical stuff requires engineering and/or development assistance, which just isn't always readily available).

-MrJ
    Last edited by MrJonesy; 1 week ago.

Comment

Working...
X