::Suggestion:: Rune Crafting System

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ::Suggestion:: Rune Crafting System

Rune and Glyph Sockets - This would work like a Pattern, you would have to have a Socket, that you earn in order to make a rune. You would have an Epic/Legendary/Mythic Socket. You would then place Rune Fragments in the rune, and use dust to create your own rune.

Rune Fragment Type O - Considered Rare Runes, or as the Secondary Fragment of an Epic Rune.

Rune Fragment Type A - Used as the Primary Fragment in crafting an Epic Rune, or as the Secondary for Legendary Runes.

Rune Fragment Type B - Can be Used as a Primary Fragment in crafting Legendary Runes, or as a Secondary Fragment for Mythic Runes.

Rune Fragment Type C - Used as the Primary Fragment in Crafting Mythic Runes. If 2 Type C Fragments are used in crafting, you may discover a new Special Rune Fragment.

Rune Fragment Type S - Used for crafting Mythic Runes as Primary Fragment. Type S Fragments must be discovered, and are used for Special/Higher Abilities. Another Mythic Rune Socket must be used in crafting Type S Mythic Runes, after Special Fragments are obtained.

Why do this? Frankly a lot of the runes in the game are trash. Many of the good ones, aren't even that great, becuause the Secondary abilities do not line up with most dragons you'd want the first ability for, and even if they do, how many of those dragons are actually useful themselves?(Not many)

I've kept this system basic, as it will be easy to implement, and use. There's no need to complicate things here.

Even if we get new runes, they will be under the same roof of always having 'X Ability' with 'Y Secondary Ability' on it. This will lead to ever so more trash runes cluttering our inventory, making it a pain to surf thru and find useful ones, or just get turned into dust, and not very much of it. Even if we start making preset runes with all the abilities mixed and matched, we are then talking about having to cycle thru so many runes to get a decent one, let alone a perfect one.

For all this, the only conclusion you can sanely come to is; that we need a Crafting system for runes, that way people can actually use them, and obtain them.

My recommendation would be to have Mythic Sockets as only Divine Branch Rewards, or maybe diamond league team rewards for events. Everything else, just give us the sockets in place of the other achievement rewards, and give us 2 Rune chests, the better of the two dropping Epic-Mythic Fragments.
    Last edited by PhoebeDoragon; 1 week ago.

The spell codex for this game is very complicated and you are awared that the game has so many broken spells already.
    Allowing players to craft their own runes (like some RPGs) will cause the game to break even more.
    nice concept but maybe not feasible

Comment

• PhoebeDoragon
      PhoebeDoragon commented
      Editing a comment
      I am well aware of that, doesn't stop them from adding other mechanics, while old bugs and glitches don't get fixed. It's not really a reason, to not improve another mechanic in the game.

• Dakhunter
      Dakhunter commented
      Editing a comment
      I prefer they fix existing bugs first before adding anymore features

• SilentOne
      SilentOne commented
      Editing a comment
      Aww come on Dakhunter*the most important aspect of the game is new shiny things!
      We all know that, that's why that's the only thing PG visibly concentrates on.
      Or invisibly as those without the beta are discovering.

Cool idea! Really hope if it happens though that the sockets stay out of gold chests...we need more egg tokens and mystic frags 😈 I am in favor of having it be an extra thing to add to silver chests. 👍

Comment

• PhoebeDoragon
      PhoebeDoragon commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree, I wouldn't want them in gold chests, I was referring to adding another Rune chest separately. As far as Egg Tokens and Frags go, idky they don't make them scale your pulls for them like they do with wood and food packs, seems to reason that it should scale like those do.

Great idea but currently they can't even get the current runes to work and let's not get started how far behind they are on runes for new spells.

Comment

• PhoebeDoragon
      PhoebeDoragon commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, they need to revamp the whole system. I figure maybe if they do, they can put this into the mix, or something like it, kind of a patch and new content revolved around it at the same time.

It's a nice idea. Though, with the amount of players we currently have in game it would cause the system to lag horribly, giving more crashes than before. Until PG can figure out a way to stabilize the system, (as I doubt they anticipated the amount of people playing) this idea wont function very well. Perhaps though, PG can come up with a way to replace the crappy ones with decent ones.

Comment

• PhoebeDoragon
      PhoebeDoragon commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, they need to just do server maintenance every Tuesday, like every other server side game does.

Maybe an easier way would be an upward conversion of 5 lower -> 1 upper rune?
    5 Common -> 1 Rare
    5 Rare -> 1 Epic
    etc...
    MareZ ~ lvl17X ~ Garnet Tier Dragons

Important Threads to find everything you need

Comment

• PhoebeDoragon
      PhoebeDoragon commented
      Editing a comment
      Not bad, but I'd like the incorporate some feature that would allow you to control the secondary ability you receive. I'm open to hear out all ideas for better/different ways to do it. If you wouldn't mind, could you create a plan incorporating your idea with mine?
      Last edited by PhoebeDoragon; 1 week ago.

• MareZ
      MareZ commented
      Editing a comment
      Maybe at random. It also shouldn't be too complex to implement or take too long to code.

cool idea.

but WHO did EVER see a good idea from Forums (through monthly request threads) finding its way into the game??

Comment

• War fan
      War fan commented
      Editing a comment
      Removing runes/glyphs from towers came from forums, too.

PG isn't adverse to using our ideas, they just want to be able to make money off it..

• PhoebeDoragon
      PhoebeDoragon commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, how many peeps spend rubies on silver chests currently? I know I don't, and I haven't heard any of anyone doing so. If you can actually get things from them that enable you to get/create good runes, I feel like atleast whale players would.

• SuperSax
      SuperSax commented
      Editing a comment
      wohhooo... you could name 2 ideas of players base which got implemented.
      Should I start counting down the new bugs (and old ones that didn´t get fixed) coming along with that?

Anyways, I won´t be too negative I just try to stay realistic. Of course I would like to see a crafting System - I just doubt it´ll ever come. Take a simple look at salvage shop! Beta is out since MONTHS and it was one of the few things Players liked and hardly found any bugs. And where is it now?

Pixxel thoughts?

Sorry, was still waiting to here from you about the idea, from last weeks stream.

Comment

I have put my rune/creation related thoughts in this thread. I far prefer to keep all of your current runes as-is and keep them as the final product rather than have them part commodity/part equipable end product.

http://wardragons.pocketgems.com/for...emy-rune-vault

Comment

Working...
      X