Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gold chest contents - how much 'looking' is required before action is taken?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gold chest contents - how much 'looking' is required before action is taken?

For the last five months we have been told that PG are 'looking at' gold chest contents. My question is, just how much time and feedback do you need before you actually take some action? How much longer do I have to put up with drops like the attached? Dragon boosts belong in bronze - why not just move them there? Instead, 50% of my gold chests in this instance gave me items that I already have thousands of. Likewise, I have thousands of pearls and shards. Maybe once a player has over a certain amount of shards/pearls/embers the drop rate for those items could be reduced? Or, you could at least confirm that the salvage shop will allow us to trade these in (something else you've said you'll look at).

Regardless, I think that after 5 months it's reasonable for us to expect some action on this.

PGJared, December 15 ---
    "If there's something that's in the chest that the majority of people hate, we'll look at things like this on a case by case basis and potentially pull them out as a part of player requests"

PGJared, February 27 ---
    "I haven't at all forgotten what I said about chest items, and we are still looking at feedback and usage..."

PGJared, April 20 ---
    "...we are also looking at feedback on chest contents to help us determine what goes into them. This doesn’t mean that we’ll take requests on what specifically to remove, but that player feedback does influence us."

EggToken PGJared Echo CampusLifer
    Last edited by Dravoz; 05-22-2017, 03:56 PM.

I agree with you for the most part. But there are smaller people that play that don't have thousands of everything some of them actually need those attack and defense boosts. Their drop rate does need to be severely nerfed as right now we definitely get way too many but some with most of the player base in those smaller lvls a lot of them probably appreciate getting those, not to the degree that you got in that picture but once in a while. Also those fire and ice shards might become useful, I believe they are still going to be releasing an ice and fire flak cannon? Not completely sure but I think I heard that at one point, if they do we might have to use those shards on those new towers.

Comment

• Dravoz
      Dravoz commented
      Editing a comment
      Hence my comment that boosts should be moved to bronze chests. They're needed, but they're not worthy of gold.

• Munt415
      Munt415 commented
      Editing a comment
      Maybe I'm not looking for sigils, so now those have no place in gold either. Just because you aren't looking for them doesn't mean other people aren't. Like I said before I think they need a huge nerf but some people might like them in gold.

• Dravoz
      Dravoz commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't think you can compare boosts and sigils in this context. No player would lose if 'epic' boost drops are moved to bronze. Obviously, PG won't entertain the idea of doing the same for a core currency like sigils. Regardless, it's a PG problem to solve, and I think we can agree that they need to do something.

remember how PG was "looking into fine tuning the food crises" for 12 months or so? then all of the sudden they release the least bit fine tuned "fix" by adding 12 more levels for farms and we end up with too much food in circulation lmfao.

"looking into" means "stalling stalling stalling"
    PGJared sorry Jared, this is how the player base feels.

Comment

Too much food, if there is such a thing - which i doubt, was caused by the reintroduction of the feeding event. Players stopped feeding non-top dragons just in case the event comes back. Hence, lots of food.

Comment

• PlayerJ
        PlayerJ commented
        Editing a comment
        Exactly!

Which is why they should keep feeding event in rotation.
        The same building of resources happens with wood.

I.E players saving speed ups + packs waiting for Wood Event.

• Munt415
        Munt415 commented
        Editing a comment
        But people continue to build when the build event isn't active, they just don't use their speed ups. So not really the same thing at all, when the feed event is in rotation people just stop lvling their drags altogether.

• Slytha
        Slytha commented
        Editing a comment
        dunno our diamond team didnt stop leveling dragons but nobody needs food anymore. imo there is too much food now. what feel free to disagree

EggToken can you please provide an update on chest items.

Comment

This is pure speculation, however I will say that my League Restructure Proposal did mention removing dragon boosts and base boosts from gold chest consumables would likely increase a profit (if wars became common place again). So seeing how they have so far been doing things pretty straight out of my proposal (the Leagues and SubLeagues were almost the exact same thing, daily token increase, war multi) - maybe they will remove dragon and base boosts 😬

Here is me crossing my fingers that they actually do that, for I agree those items belong in bronze chests.
        Love Red,

Leader of Rulith
        Lover of Spreadsheets

Helpful Threads:
        How to Build YOUR Ultimate Breeding Path
        Red's Breeding Paths: Sapphire to Emerald

Rulith's Website:
        All Breeding Paths
        Red's Guide to Flying Hunters
        Dragon's, etc.

Social:
        Twitter - @TheRedDelilah
        Twitch

Comment

• Dravoz
          Dravoz commented
          Editing a comment
          I will cross my fingers too then!

• Kittens
          Kittens commented
          Editing a comment
          A major problem with how PG implemented it is that losses are multiplied, as well as wins. Wars are still a zero sum game. There will be more of them as a result of the increased daily tokens in higher leagues, but once the pecking order is established, there's really no point in declaring extra wars. You're gaining/losing the same amounts in egg tokens/ranking and spending boosts, heals, and (most of all)time waiting on defenses, to do so. In fact, more wars will likely make you end up lower, since fatigue sets in, people have depleted resources, or having multiple wars at once, that you can't fight each individual war as well. That's what establishes your rank, after all. Not the number of wars, but how well you fight each one. If it was as I originally thought it would be: wins get a multiplier, losses x1, so that wars would be a net gain, things would be different.

Dakhunter could I get a PG response to this please? They don't seem to want to speak for themselves.

Comment

Lol. I'm not a Pg rep. But im gonna tag them again for you
          PGJared, EggToken, Echo, CampusLifer

Comment

• ITIL
            ITIL commented
            Editing a comment
            Did you miss PGJared's reply to your comment? XD

http://wardragons.pocketgems.com/for...815#post134322

• Dakhunter
            Dakhunter commented
            Editing a comment
            XD I totally missed that. But it was just a Sarcastic joke 😂

• ITIL
            ITIL commented
            Editing a comment
            That's what makes Dravoz's post that much more amusing XD - pretty sure he's aware.

It's the ratios that are wrong. 8 xp boosts cost 400 gems yet that is what you get in an 800 gem chest...

Comment

• EmrahT
            EmrahT commented
            Editing a comment
            if you open single you are right.... i opened few 10x goldchests... and that crap 4 times :/

That's happened to me before also. So you're absolutely correct that it multiplies.

Comment

Dilution is the solution... ...to having worthwhile chests, apparently. The only thing making chests worth buying at all any more are egg tokens, sigils, and event items. Everything else, you can buy directly from the forge, in amounts you actually control, for basically the same price. Including speedups. Sure, a year or two from now, whenever they decide to release the salvage shop, you can trade in your piles of useless junk at 1/4 or less value, for... anything except egg tokens, sigils, or event items.

Comment

I would prefer tokens, sigils and elementals/shards in my Gold Chest too but I battle on average 200+ times (I'm only level70) just during weekend alone and even now I've been been out of dragon boosts for a few days and had to purchase healing potions with rubies.

I understand getting those when you're full is a total pain and a waste of rubies but not everyone is in that lucky spot of overflowing on those.

I hate getting boosts and potions in Gold chests too but at the same time I need them! If only they could improve those bronze chest so instead of those constant single hammer drops there would be better chances in getting bundles of boosts and potions. A 6xpotion/boost drops are pretty rare...

So changing Gold Chest contents to please everyone at the end of the day just isn't that easy of a task...

Comment

• Dravoz
                Dravoz commented
                Editing a comment
                Moving 'epic' boost drops straight to bronze would be a start. They could also scale back the drop rate for heals and boosts once you reach a certain number in your inventory. But, like I said, it's a problem and PG should be coming up with a solution.

PGJared you once took exception to me claiming that you were all talk. Yet, here we are 6 months later and what action has been taken on this issue?

Comment

PGJared, nothing to say on this? Putting your head in the sand doesn't erase what you've said previously on this subject, and the problem won't just go away. Your credibility is in question. I'd assume you'd care about that.

Comment

• Dravoz
                  Dravoz commented
                  Editing a comment
                  He's posting elsewhere, but is seemingly happy to ignore a thread that is seeking clarity on an issue he himself committed to work on over 6 months ago.

• Master Euomp
                  Master Euomp commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'm not sure it's the same PGJared, or just a fill in using his account. He left for starting his own business if I remember what CampusLifer posted... if it is the same, he probably doesn't have as much sway as he once did, after leaving PG. And your question is one that I doubt anyone has immediate info on. Probably requires talking to a tasked small group set to research that issue. You aren't the only one who has brought this up.

• Spooky
                  Spooky commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Uhh, Joseph was the one who moved on months ago, not Jared.

PGJared, June 25 --
                "we should be basing our actions on whether they're beneficial to our players"

Well, that's good to know. So, move boost drops (in their current form) from Gold to bronze? That would be beneficial to players and wouldn't cost PG anything.

Comment

• Owlrager
                  Owlrager commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Key word "should". lol
                  Doesnt mean they are or will.
              Working...
              X