Announcement

Collapse

New Forums are now up!

Greetings Dragon Lords! Please visit our new forums at http://forums.wardragons.com! We're leaving this old forum up for a period of time to allow players to migrate over any important posts, but will eventually close them out. Please note that you will need to log in using your PocketID over on the new forum. You can also access them through the game by tapping on Settings > Forums!
See more
See less

Does PG want to start healing the rift between themselves and players or not?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worryingly, more and more as I go through matchmaker, there are sometimes several players not in teams which indicates that people are leaving the game in numbers. At one time it was the exception to find teamless bases now it is the norm. Something(s) are obviously going wrong and the months of PG not heeding warnings are starting to come home to roost. But hey the leavers probably didn't spend cash anyway so what does it matter!!!!

Comment

• Sprectomegakai
      Sprectomegakai commented
      Editing a comment
      I honestly think that people expect too much. It's a game after all, not everyone is hardcore. Some people expect too much from players out of a game that's clearly going downhill. Not everyone wants to be online 24/7.

About two hours back on a wave attack it took forever to load the attack screen costing one defence point that could have been avoided. Fed a dragon and logged off.

Now I see the dragon is still unfed, the food I used back then raided to half. Add connection issues and random app crashes etc... that is a part of what keeps me from having fun the way I used to have.

On the other hand, everyone wanted to have optional divine dragons for quite a while and now you got one at a discounted rate if you can overlook the fact that sigils aren't optional. Spell combo and dragon isn't worth much but it is still a nice gesture. PG is making extra money with it for sure, however, some credit should be given to them as it doesn't come without benefit.

Comment

Why does ANYONE feel that it's pg's responsibility to make the game easier for ANYONE? It's a game!

Comment

• Rakic
        Rakic commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for your valuable contribution

• Kittens
        Kittens commented
        Editing a comment
        They're perfectly free to kill the game and scavenge the corpse by getting one last hurrah out of the whales, making short term greedy, long term unsustainable design decisions. It's just that people who actually care about the game don't want to see that happen.
        Last edited by EggToken; 03-17-2017, 03:43 PM. Reason: Removed unnecessary player attack.

• itsjustjoe
        itsjustjoe commented
        Editing a comment
        It's not that anyone is asking for making the game 'easier', because the actual gameplay is fairly linear in actual difficulty.. The issue is the rate of progression. It has begun to take SO LONG to progress that it is getting boring - it has nothing to do with the level of challenge in the gameplay. Would you continue to play if it took you 6-12 months to get your first few red dragons after Draco? Hell no - you'd have gotten bored to tears in a week and moved on to another game - which is exactly what an increasing number of higher level players are doing.

Took me a longggg time to start getting the plaitnums and yeah I worked really hard for them and yeah at times very frustrating! But it all takes time and work... unless you pay. Patience is hard but it pays off in the end!

Comment

• SuperSax
        SuperSax commented
        Editing a comment
        I`m happy for you and anyone who grinded through tough times in this game understands that.

Yet the Point of this thread is somewhere else. Most rational players (and forumers) are aware of the fact that earning money is a good thing if you want to keep game alive. As well as most people are aware that not every divine dragon is meant for everyone and some assets in this game you can only achieve by paying - fair enough!

What bothers many People is simply that - economically speaking - Inflation is a big issue in the game: it gets harder and harder to achieve same rewards as before OR the other way round rewards are simply made worse. You just donĀ“t get the same Output anymore as you did before (rubies, egg token etc.) while desirable things are getting more expensive (last season 21k sigils to finish one branch... this season 25k ... to be fair: emerald Stone is an extra and therefore prize increase is actually ok).

AT THE SAME TIME the gaming experience is getting worse: Major bugs what bothers the community are not fixed, player requests are ignored (or can anyone bring up a list of how many TOP3 Features from the players request threads have actually been implemented) and the game constantly gets new features no one asked about (e.g. boat event) THAT is the rift between Players and PG imo.

• Kittens
        Kittens commented
        Editing a comment
        It's worth noting that up through platinum, tokens/dragon are fairly balanced. Sapphire/garnet tiers are another matter entirely. You can look forward to stretches of spending 500-600k tokens for breeder dragons (worse than what you already have).

Fair enought. I get you.

Comment

Does PG want to start healing the rift between themselves and players or not?

Originally posted by EggToken View Post
        From our end it looks like there are people that think differently about Abraxxas. Keep in mind that not everyone is a super-high level player with access to every dragon in the game. From an art standpoint, we think it's better for more of the playerbase to be able to experience the newer, cooler-looking dragons--we don't want to hide our products! On the point of game balance: this is a very,very large project to tackle with a lot of parts to it (i.e. economy, breeding, events, etc.) so it's both an ongoing and time-consuming process.

They are thinking about it!
        How lovely.
        Group Hug.jpg

Comment

Working...
        X