Announcement

Collapse

New Forums are now up!

Greetings Dragon Lords! Please visit our new forums at http://forums.wardragons.com! We're leaving this old forum up for a period of time to allow players to migrate over any important posts, but will eventually close them out. Please note that you will need to log in using your PocketID over on the new forum. You can also access them through the game by tapping on Settings > Forums!
See more
See less

Spending embargo - make it happen!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spending embargo - make it happen!

I'm sure many of you will have read this excellent post...

http://wardragons.pocketgems.com/for...ng-war-dragons

History shows that it will be ignored, however.

What won't be ignored is an embargo on spending. I hear it talked about periodically, but it's always fobbed off with 'spenders gonna spend' response. There's a leaders chat in Line, and a good number active on the forums. If all leaders email their teams and ask for no spending for a period of time (two weeks?), and even if only 50% comply, that will surely be noticed by PG. What we need is for them to take us seriously. We can complain in the forums until we die of old age, but if we keep paying them they will not change their behaviour. Again, look at historical posts in the forums similar to what aldinach posted and ask yourself what has actually changed...
    http://wardragons.pocketgems.com/for...-player-issues
    http://wardragons.pocketgems.com/for...ms-please-read

The choice is ours. Get on board with this, or accept PG for what they are and don't expect things to change.

Message template

Hi team,
    We are supporting an embargo on all spending in this game between March 1 and March 8. Please do not purchase any value packs between these dates. We are doing this in order to show Pocket Gems that we demand to be taken seriously as loyal customers, and that their approach to addressing serious issues with this game needs to change. I'd encourage you all to read this forum post for reference -
    http://wardragons.pocketgems.com/for...ng-war-dragons
    Last edited by Dravoz; 02-25-2017, 06:21 PM. Reason: changed from 2 weeks to 1 week

Comment

Spending embargoes gets games closed down, no income no game and nine out of 10 people who ask for embargoes are either idiots or don't spend a dime
      Level 220

Comment

• Mrbulldognk
        Mrbulldognk commented
        Editing a comment
        Only the ones who think they are owed something or think the world revolves around them want something out of nothing , PG while has issues has always sorted it out, every time I have had an issue , I have had it resolved and I am betting loads more have also, so in short it's the few that want to spoil it for the many, next you will blame PG for global warming and want compensation for that too, it's a free to play game and enjoyable for many, it's got faults but so has every game out there, nothing is perfect, when you understand that and stop crying like big baby bitches and let PG staff sort thru the constructive messages not the embargo bullshit posts then maybe something will get done quicker, and trust me if you think this is a personal attack on you , I could have said much worse but chose not too

• Dravoz
        Dravoz commented
        Editing a comment
        This isn't a knee-jerk reaction. As I pointed out in my post, there is a long and sad history of people taking the time to provide feedback about what needs to change, yet nothing ever does. I have personally sunk thousands into this game, and I'm not willing to sit back and watch it burn. This is the opposite of wanting something for nothing. My point is that the status quo is ineffective.

• NukSooAL
        NukSooAL commented
        Editing a comment
        This is true because only the non spenders get screwed by changeslike lowered prizes in tiers big ruby doesn't gaf they are almost completely immune

I'm a spender. I'm also convinced that this is the only way we will be taken seriously as customers.

Comment

• Dravoz
        Dravoz commented
        Editing a comment
        Fair call. 7 days works for me.

• niks
        niks commented
        Editing a comment
        Is there such a thing where we can ban people from posting bs and crap on our posts?

• aldinach
        aldinach commented
        Editing a comment
        If only Nik.

Not enough people on forums.. would need to message all the big leaders in game and get the word spread fast and far

Comment

• Dravoz
        Dravoz commented
        Editing a comment
        I've asked for this to be put to the leaders chat in Line. Hopefully it'll get some traction there.

What i want from the game are the original prize tiers that had the best rewards

Comment

• CaptainC
        CaptainC commented
        Editing a comment
        niks that is so low on the list of issues most of us are worried about. Please read some of the other threads Dravoz linked in his post.

• niks
        niks commented
        Editing a comment
        I read those posts but it's not like pg is gonna change so i think most of the players will be happy if we got better individual rewards and a stable game

Pg has branch of games. It's not like that will auto shut it down. I bet they have millions in reserves. I can't prove this but someone said this game generates 28k a day.

Sometimes I think to myself they are pushing people on purpose jus to ease pressure on staff becuase the owners of pg don't want to send another dime hiring etc

imo, if game shuts down it's ok. Many of us on line app and will find another game. Many done so at New Years and don't play no more. this weekend people been playing/searching other games.

This event has has been atrocious. Pg timing could not have been any better. They know the players inside out. Hence why they didn't inform us before hand. They made a lump sum the moment event launched and was live. It was only then forum exploded and once again, pg knew they fucked up

jist like the time they release garnet to early. Way up high in ranks they knew what they was doing. Current staff dealing with us had the weight on their shoulders and told us a lie. Maybe misinformed and had to fabricate a excuse or whatever. Fuck it. What's done is done.
      Commend my persistence ^.^

Comment

There is no need to flag these posts for moderation. PGJared has obviously read them and decided to leave them alone based on the fact that he edited one of your replies.

Others are allowed to express opinions you don't agree with as long as they stay within the rules of the forum.
        Last edited by Matcava; 03-02-2017, 02:23 AM.
        What, me worry?

Comment

• Mrbulldognk
          Mrbulldognk commented
          Editing a comment
          So now you are allowed to breach data protection by naming and commenting publicly about a private message sent?

• Necrosism
          Necrosism commented
          Editing a comment
          what you post on as a comment is not a private message...just wanting to point that out Mrbulldognk.

• PGJared
          PGJared commented
          Editing a comment
          What Bulldog is referring to was flagging a post, not a private message. It's my belief that we shouldn't comment on those with anyone other than the impacted party. Staff or mods posting about administrative actions is usually in poor taste, though exceptions exist.

It doesn't matter if you think it's going to work or not. The thing is that people have a right to do this if they choose .. others can choose to support it or not. Again, their choice.

Comment

• Dravoz
          Dravoz commented
          Editing a comment
          Not sure I understand your point. I recognise that it will come down to individual choice. But if we can get a good percentage to hold off on spending for a week it'll send a message.

• IllyriaAus
          IllyriaAus commented
          Editing a comment
          it was directed at the 'it will bever work naysayer'

• Dravoz
          Dravoz commented
          Editing a comment
          Ah, okay. Thanks.

http://wardragons.pocketgems.com/for...aving-the-game

Sure does sound familiar.

Comment

Got to laugh, every time there is a major issue someone calls for everyone else to stop spending!
          It's like you just woke up, but you expect everyone to follow you... you didn't follow those who called for it before though did you!

Seriously if there are enough big spenders who are sick of what is happening to the game under PG, why pull the plug and potentially kill the game?
          Put your money where your mouths are, step up, buy the game and fix all these things everyone seems to think must really be easy to sort out!

BTW - I'm a non-spender, I woke up to the costs vs value way back when Yazi, Sobek & Bixi were first on offer.
          Though I do appreciate that people are still spending as they have kept the game alive for those of us who can't afford to spend anymore.

Comment

• Dravoz
            Dravoz commented
            Editing a comment
            Maybe I'm too new here, but I don't recall a previous effort to coordinate a fixed period embargo using team leadership before. I've definitely seen general calls to stop spending - lots of them. Are you saying what I'm suggesting has been attempted before, and failed. Or it was never able to be organised? If a message can't be sent by reducing revenue for a short period, I don't see what else will.

• SilentOne
            SilentOne commented
            Editing a comment
            I've never seen any attempt to organise anything, but I don't use external means such as Line to communicate with players outside the game.
            A single week of not spending real money on value packs is not likely to hurt PG, they still have the monthly elite revenue. With PG's history we would likely see a drop in the following weeks prizes as a reaction to a week without spending. Remember their prize tiers are altered based on gameplay.

• Dravoz
            Dravoz commented
            Editing a comment
            You may be right. But what's the alternative? The status quo doesn't result an any significant change, and I think we deserve better than that.

This is by no means impossible to coordinate in the Diamond League (there is very good communication among players/leaders there), though the problem is galvanizing enough support among the leaders to ask their teams to do it. As is now though, the spending appetite is still basically insatiable despite the issues, so it's a big hill to climb. As an example, *during* the outages this week on my team I got no fewer than 15 value pack gifts from a team member buying a pack. If people will continue to buy packs while the game is unplayable, you start to appreciate how hard it is to pull off what you're asking.

With that said, if the Leaders in the Line Group in Diamond agreed (which someone would have to spearhead -- maybe Panda ?) I actually believe spending in Diamond could be cut in half for a week... whether it'd have an impact is a separate question... so from that perspective no one may be willing to undertake the effort. It does feel worth a shot given nothing else has worked.
          Last edited by aldinach; 02-26-2017, 08:45 AM. Reason: reformatted
          "The only winning move is not to play" first Wargames, and now War Dragons

Check out my Base/Fortification Event Planning Tool

Comment

I think the other issue is: What, exactly, are we demanding?? There are a ton of issues. The bugs and lagging aren't going to be resolved quickly. Neither will the progression issues and tiers. What could PG do that would reasonably show that they are responding to us? I'm just not a fan of a general protest if there is no way to show if we've made an impact. We need a couple of concrete actions they could perform now as a sign of good faith.

Comment

• vin28
              vin28 commented
              Editing a comment
              Some things that can be done quickly just that they dont want to
              fix event prizing
              increase food production
              increase protected part of storage
              increase egg token received from missions depending on level

• Dravoz
              Dravoz commented
              Editing a comment
              Those are some good options to start with Vin! Aside from some easy stuff that they could (and should) fix right away, we need to see acknowledgement of all the issues referred to in Aldinach's exit post, along with a plan to resolve. Not just "I've taken this to the team" then nothing until someone else starts the process again a few months later.

Originally posted by aldinach View Post
            I actually believe spending in Diamond could be cut in half for a week... whether it'd have an impact is a separate question... so from that perspective no one may be willing to undertake the effort. It does feel worth a shot given nothing else has worked.
            6fee10514e1510aa98706f2caec2ae618d027e9d1152aaefb4dd8d4ab391abc5.jpg

Comment

In fairness, nobody should need to spend on the next event anyway. Assuming that everyone maxed fortification prizes without wood packs, we will all have ~20 energy packs to achieve the max tier next weekend anyway. Thanks as always, PG.

Comment

• aldinach
                aldinach commented
                Editing a comment
                Touche. I forgot about that

• Robert M.
                Robert M. commented
                Editing a comment
                Zing!
            Working...
            X