The Great Rune Debate ....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IllyriaAus
    Rage and wisdom are the two best universal runes obviously.

The add-ons I use most on every dragon are Lightning Resist or Reverse Projectile, followed by maybe Invincible Shield. I see a lot of people also add Freeze. So you should consider on your best dragons, enhancing what you add most. Adding reverse projectile on a warrior, in my opinion, is one of the best things you can do. You get two uses out of it and it helps the fact that a warrior is a big slow target.

Another decent method for your best warriors is to stack up a bunch of rejuvenate runes, like the heal frenzy and tough healing. Then when you add rejuvenate, you have a power boost, a Damage decrease, and use a few runes to extend the rejuvenate time.

I think the main point is that the rune situation isn't very good right now.

Comment

• PlayerJ
      PlayerJ commented
      Editing a comment
      Goober

That is exactly what I did?
      I started with an opinion!

I didn't say Robert was wrong.
      I said he shouldn't use it on his warrior, but on his hunter.

My statement is an opinion. lol
      Last edited by PlayerJ; 03-10-2017, 08:40 PM.

• Goober
      Goober commented
      Editing a comment
      PlayerJ And I quote, "You shouldn't use Reverse Projectile on your Warrior, Robert
      You should use it on a Hunter Dragon."

That's not an opinion. You are stating it as a fact. Meaning you are telling him he is wrong. If you wanted to not be rude and tell him your opinion, you'd come off like this. "Do you really think it's good to use RP on a warrior? I don't think I would. I would rather use it on a hunter."

When you use definitive words like should and shouldn't, your statement goes from being an opinion to being are perceived fact. Which means you are no longer saying an opinion, you are telling the person they are wrong and you are right. Which is why ppl have a tendency to not like you, because you do it all the time.

• PlayerJ
      PlayerJ commented
      Editing a comment
      Goober wrote...When you use definitive words like should and shouldn't, your statement goes from being an opinion to being are perceived fact. Which means you are no longer saying an opinion, you are telling the person they are wrong and you are right. Which is why ppl have a tendency to not like you, because you do it all the time.

No, Goober!
      Your Wrong!
      When I use the word shouldn't or should I am not saying the person is wrong.
      I am not even telling them my own opinion on whether or not I think it is right or wrong.
      I am staying an opinion.
      People can than figure out if they want to listen to my opinion or not.

If I was going to tell Robert putting Reverse Projectile on a warrior is wrong, I would say Robert putting reverse projectile on your warrior is wrong!
      I didn't say that!

The reason I didn't say it is because I don't think it is wrong.
      Reverse Projectile on a warrior is a valid add on spell.

There are dozens of add on spells you can add.
      In fact, I don't even know of a bad add on spell to have on a warrior.
      Realistically, they are only there to help you out.
      You don't even need to use them.

Robert knows I wasn't telling him he was wrong.
      The day I told him that message, we was going back and forth over Snowdrop on another forum.
      I saw my chance to make a joke which is why he replied with "smart guy".

However, I don't have any ill-will against Robert.
      He is pretty cool.
      It was merely jokes/discussion/debate.
      It means nothing really.
      Last edited by PlayerJ; 03-10-2017, 10:02 PM.

I went to go check out some runes!
    Apparently, The highest resistance a person can have is from an Expert Mythical rune.
    The resistance percentage is 6.7
    Theoretically, You could have up to 5 Expert Mythical runes on a dragon.
    6.7 x 5 = 33.5%

The normal resistance for a passive is 50%

At a dragons peek resistance, You can have 50% + 33.5% = 83.5%

I was curious because I wanted to see if a dragon could be stacked to resist a tower 100%.
    Well I found the answer.
    The answer is No.

Comment

• Robert M.
      Robert M. commented
      Editing a comment
      You can't have 5 of the same mythic resist. Go do the math for two mythic (one rune one glyph), two legendary (one rune one glyph) and one epic glyph.

Try to keep up.

• PlayerJ
      PlayerJ commented
      Editing a comment
      I added up the runes you said Robert = 26.4%
      If you add it to the base 50%, You get 76.4%

However, I found some runes which have high secondary percentages.
      Have you ever heard of a Mythical rune called "Attack Dragon"?

It says it has 14% Dragon Rage as primary 24% Cannon Resist has secondary.

I found another Mythical rune which is called "Ammo"
      It increases Hunter Ammo apparently.

Well it was just a theoretical idea.
      It doesn't matter.
      I doubt people will be swimming in tons of Mythical runes. lol
      I don't remember seeing any of these runes.
      Last edited by PlayerJ; 02-18-2017, 05:37 PM.

Sense we are having a Great Rune Debate!
    I want to get some feedback.

I heard you could use a Havoc Rune on Tengu to increase Chaos Spell.

Has anyone tried using Havoc Runes on Tengu?
    Do you see any difference in the spells performance?

Comment

• Oldmandragon
      Oldmandragon commented
      Editing a comment
      Try it in 5 days and let you know

• Mechengg
      Mechengg commented
      Editing a comment
      Somebody asked this this morning in league chat. Some people have definitely tried it but can't give a concrete answer one way or the other that it worked or didn't unfortunately.

• Goober
      Goober commented
      Editing a comment
      It's one of those ones that's hard to gauge. It's supposed to work. This comes from Pixxel asking the developers.

PlayerJ Here is your debate. Everyone feel free to post your own list, and please don't cramp my thumb just to scroll past it (you know who you are).

Most Valuable Universal Dragon Runes

1- Rage
    2- Wisdom
    3- Lightning Resist
    4- Invert/Reverse
    5- Invincibility

Disclaimer- This doesn't mean I'm right and everyone else is wrong. Post what you think.

Comment

• Robert M.
      Robert M. commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't like any of these answers. I will now spend hours writing a research report on how none of you understand why I'm right. Take your anti-anxiety meds now, it's gonna be long and preachy.

• Oldmandragon
      Oldmandragon commented
      Editing a comment
      You forgot, "you're wrong"

• IllyriaAus
      IllyriaAus commented
      Editing a comment
      It is going to include what is right ?

yeah keep it friendly .. everyone has a right to an opinion .. and i'm interested in THEM ALL.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	Necromance.jpg Views:	1 Size:	471.3 KB ID:	118021

I have resurrected the Great Rune Debate!
      What runes shall work with:
      • Abraxxas
      • Sage
      • Fae

Comment

Nvm..
        Last edited by NukSooAL; 03-10-2017, 05:18 AM.

Comment

• Oldmandragon
          Oldmandragon commented
          Editing a comment
          Lol. You almost took the bait.

• PlayerJ
          PlayerJ commented
          Editing a comment
          NukSooAL

Go ahead brother!
          Let it out!
          It will make you feel better.
          Which runes would you use?

I just asked this elsewhere but then I saw this rune debate so I'd like to re-post my inquiry on rune stacking here. The runes in question: Legendary Invert with secondary Rage, and Legendary Rage with secondary Invert. They should stack right!? As much as they are basically the same thing, since the primaries are different it should be a valid stack? And if they do, I'd like to enter these two runes as excellent choices for you know who. I just wanna figure this out before I do it and end up having to scrap one. I don't know what works and what doesn't now that everything less confusing. And Ive never seen two runes with secondaries of each other before. So I don't know, I'm dumb. Now debate about it! Hehe.

Comment

• War fan
          War fan commented
          Editing a comment
          They should stack since they are (technically) different runes (one's invert, the other's rage).

If they were both legendary invert with secondary rage, then you wouldn't be able to add both.

The same applies to epic and mythic runes (with secondary effects).

Common and rare runes only have 1 effect, so they won't stack if they are the same.

Maybe I'm missing something. I "thought" runes and glyphs cannot be stacked with the same rune or glyph? For example, I've got two rage runes and two rage glyphs. I can use one of each, if I use both of each, the other two are just wasted due to not being able to stack. Have I misunderstood? Thanks for clarification 😁🍺

Comment

• Mr.Smy Lee
          Mr.Smy Lee commented
          Editing a comment
          So you can't do like two legendary invert runes (or two legendary invert glyphs), but you can do a mythic and legendary, or epic and mythic, legendary and epic, and so on. As long as the tiers are different it's all good. And don't look at Egg's comment below. It's pure nonsense.

Two identical runes should stack.

Comment

• Sabin76
          Sabin76 commented
          Editing a comment
          If by "Two identical runes", you actually mean, "two runes that have the same attributes but are of a different tier" then yes, they should stack. If you actually meant "Two identical runes", then they may stack, but we'd never know since we can't equip two identical runes on a dragon.

• MareZ
          MareZ commented
          Editing a comment
          Classic PG answer that brings more confusion that answers lol.
          Maybe he either meant identical runes from different rarities/tiers or Runes and Glyphs with identical names, values and rarities?

• Mr.Smy Lee
          Mr.Smy Lee commented
          Editing a comment
          Hahahahaha!!!!!! Really Egg? Really? (facepalm)

Ah, thanks for the clarification. Love the responses lol.

Comment

I dug a bit deeper into this for some clarification:
          • Runes with the same modifiers do stack i.e. two Rage runes will both add rage generation EXCEPT...
          • Runes of the same class AND tier do not stack i.e. two identical Legendary Rage runes will not stack.
          • Runes and Glyphs do not exclude each other i.e. an Epic Rage Rune and an Epic Rage Glyph will both give rage generation.

Comment

• Brigitte25
            Brigitte25 commented
            Editing a comment
            On the FAQ section it says runes all stack

• TheRedDelilah
            TheRedDelilah commented
            Editing a comment
            "Their effects will stack!"

The game doesn't let you put two runes of the same rarity and type on a dragon, Brigitte25

Are the reverse projectile runes still working on Nightshade?

Comment

• TheRedDelilah
            TheRedDelilah commented
            Editing a comment
            No. This was announced on the forums and in game. Invert works with invert only.

• MareZ
            MareZ commented
            Editing a comment
            From my own experience the Reverse Projectile runes that were Invert runes before the patch do work on my Nightshade, but some report they don't. Unless my NS gets his 3sec Invert duration from something else but I doubt that.

• TheRedDelilah
            TheRedDelilah commented
            Editing a comment
            Mine weren't MareZ, on either account with shade.

I have a legendary rage glyph with secondary effect "Invert" and a legendary rage glyph with secondary effect "wisdom".
          Are they (in general: same rune with different secondary effect) considered "the same rune and same rarity"? Or in other words: can I equip both to the same Dragon?

sorry, it was invert and wisdom as different secondary effect. Thanks for the Thing.

THAT those runes stack is something I know. but I want to know IF I am allowed to equip it on the same Dragon.
          The thing is I don´t want to "try"since we can remove runes from Dragons anymore...
          Last edited by SuperSax; 04-25-2017, 12:44 AM. Reason: EDIT thanks to @Mechengg

Comment

• Mechengg
            Mechengg commented
            Editing a comment
            You have a double rage glyph? That is ridiculous lol. It doesn't appear on Amoeba's site either so i'd love to see a screenshot of it lol; the only secondary stats i've seen on the site are cloak/invert/rejuv/fireball/hunter ammo

• EggToken
            EggToken commented
            Editing a comment
            Those two runes with different secondaries should stack (assuming the game allows you to equip both).

• MareZ
            MareZ commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for the clarification EggToken .
            Agreed with Mechengg , there should not be a double rage rune or glyph in the game SuperSax .
        Working...
        X