Extreme Data/Battery Use since Update

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extreme Data/Battery Use since Update

Since the update myself and several team members have been using excessive amounts of data for barely no play time. Battery drain is also horrible. Here are some examples:

andoid player, regular game use only, 2.8GB used for approximately 4-5 hours of game play, split between several log ins. Battery drained 3 times

IOS player (not updated to ios11) regular game play and beta play, 2GB used for 4 hours of time, 3 log ins. Battery drained twice

IOS player on IOS11, 14 event runs in under 45 minutes, 2 log ins, 1gb used, battery drained 78%

typically we all use 5-7gB per Month, while playing atleast 5 hours a day with Normal game play and beta intermixed. At this rate we will burn through 4-8X the amount of data meaning cell bills several hundred dollars. We do not have access to WiFi.

This issue occurred about a bout a year or so ago with a major update and PG did something to fix it. I honestly can’t remember what caused it, but I know we talked to Joseph about it somewhere in the forum lol

Thank you!
    CampusLifer

Lol
    good luck. Game has always been a drain on both battery and data. I remember my iPhone 5 almost catching on fire trying to play the game over 2 years ago. Had to rest it on an ice pack between runs.

Comment

• TheRedDelilah
      TheRedDelilah commented
      Editing a comment
      Dude i remember doing that with my iphone 5 too

• Schnookums420
      Schnookums420 commented
      Editing a comment
      Omg 😂 no wonder Samsung’s just explode

Hi. Usually this happens if a lot of art assets need to be (re) downloaded. This update included a new UI and set of dragons, so I would guess it would need to download all the menu art. If you’re in the worldmap, there also was a bunch of new art to download there too (land based castle map, a 3D atlas worldmap, more UI)

I don’t think the solution is to say “don’t add or change any art in the game.” perhaps what we should do is tell the user if there’s a ton of art that requires download and say they should probably make a point of playing on WiFi until they download it.

Comment

• MareZ
      MareZ commented
      Editing a comment
      It's very much needed that the game requires a pop up confirmation and suggests WiFi connection for large file downloads as I proposed in my Large File Downloads maxing Data Limit thread in the beta forum after I had to download the 361 Atlas files that took several hundreds of MB.

• Schnookums420
      Schnookums420 commented
      Editing a comment
      So as iilyriaus said on the next post, we can tell when the art file downloading is good to go once the green “downloading files” button is not showing anymore?

Def makes sense now why I only see those after after updates for about a week 😂

I’ll let my guys know that we gotta go hunt down some McDonald’s to play for a few days until we get fully loaded. Poor guy went through another 1.5gb today just doing his beta multipliers 🙈

Thanks campus 😘

I'm no expert, but after the update there has been a lot of those download bars at the bottom of the screen as you go into a battle/backup .. THAT is I think part of the issue .... why can't all the download occur when you update the game ? I update my game on home internet so I shouldn't see an increase in data usage on 4G .. as it should have updated prior to take it off home internet.

Comment

Not to mention a serious jump in device heat production starting with this new UI update.

Comment

• Schnookums420
        Schnookums420 commented
        Editing a comment
        I’ve always been waiting for the moment my iPad burns a hole in the pillow 😂
    Working...
    X