Announcement

Collapse

New Forums are now up!

Greetings Dragon Lords! Please visit our new forums at http://forums.wardragons.com! We're leaving this old forum up for a period of time to allow players to migrate over any important posts, but will eventually close them out. Please note that you will need to log in using your PocketID over on the new forum. You can also access them through the game by tapping on Settings > Forums!
See more
See less

Disable NC and CC during attacks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disable NC and CC during attacks

I made a tweak which disables the Notification Center and Control center gestures for iOS devices. I made this because it's really annoying when I play with a sorcerer dragon and pull down either of the menus when I just try to hit the bottom or top buildings at the edge of the screen. I don't know why this isn't a thing yet but can you make add an option in settings to disable the NC and CC from opening during attacks?

Which method are you using? Are you lying to the operating system to make it think that the device is rotated 90 degrees?

Comment

• castix
      castix commented
      Editing a comment
      setStatusBarOrientation:UIInterfaceOrientationLand scapeLeft

This would stop airplane mode as a bonus as well if you keep it disabled for normal gameplay

Comment

• ITIL
      ITIL commented
      Editing a comment
      If it's just tricking the orientation, swiping left to right (or vice versa) may still bring it up :P

Which version of iOS are you using? A long time ago we used to do that, but apple deprecated that API call a while back... I think in iOS8 or something like that? I don't remember the details but I think the call either stopped working on newer versions of iOS or it's in the list of API calls that cause Apple to reject your app during app review.

Comment

• castix
      castix commented
      Editing a comment

You're using UIWindow so why not use [[UIApplication sharedApplication] statusBarOrientation]

Might be beside the point, but you dont have to swipe, you can just hold your fingers on the towers you want to target. Might prevent inadvertent menus.
    _____________🗡🐥🔪_____________

Comment

Originally posted by gox1201 View Post
      This would stop airplane mode as a bonus as well if you keep it disabled for normal gameplay
      THAT would be awesome!!!

Comment

Here's the code I used to complete disable both. You need to add com.apple.springboard to your Bundle Identifier filter

Code:
        %hook SBNotificationCenterController
        - (void)_handleShowNotificationCenterGesture:(id)fp8 {
        }

- (void)_showNotificationCenterGestureBeganWithGestureRecognizer:(id)fp8 {
        }
        %end

%hook SBControlCenterController
        - (void)_handleShowControlCenterGesture:(id)fp8 {
        }

(void)_showControlCenterGestureBeganWithGestureRecognizer:(id)fp8 {
        }
        %end

I don't think Apple will allow you to do that though

Comment

• MareZ
          MareZ commented
          Editing a comment
          lol yeah I'm pretty sure Apple won't approve springboard.
          And Owl is right, you could just tap in the towers, even multitouch taps would work I think. Or swipe down with both thumbs.
          By the way, is there a way to disable the airplane mode toggle while the app is running?

• Frequincy
          Frequincy commented
          Editing a comment
          Dude u really need to put in an application at PG hell even if it's for shitsngiggles castix

Same question.
        Is it possible to disable airplane mode?
        CampusLifer castix

Comment

Isn't this a case of someone altering the code which is a banable offense?

Comment

• MareZ
            MareZ commented
            Editing a comment
            I think he's just recoding apple's notification center so it's at the side instead of at the bottom, not altering the game code.

He wrote one of the most widely used hacks and frequently posts information from the game files before released. If they haven't banned him for that, I doubt a simple mod stopping iOS menus from showing will be the last straw. Lol. Honestly, if this gives PG an idea on addressing airplane mode then I am fine with him tinkering with code. At least it may lead to a fix for that issue.

Comment

Don't know what Apple will tolerate in terms of this sort of modification but it is an interesting way to address airplane mode (and I also would toggle an option to disable banner notifications during attacks if that were possible).

Comment

• ITIL
              ITIL commented
              Editing a comment
              Most phones should have some sort of do not disturb mode to take care of that?

Hi.

We ban every user that we catch hacking our game. That said, there's no technical way for us to stop someone from clearing all identifying information from their device and making a new account like a new user would.

For sure some portion of the people I ban for hacking are just making a new account and starting again. These days a good portion of the players I ban every day are below level 10. I'd guess most of them are people I've banned before starting from scratch and trying to get back to a high level. The way I'm handling this is once I gain enough confidence in my validation I not only mark someone as a suspected cheater, I also block their action so they're not able to commit their illegal changes to our server.

I'm pretty sure I've banned Castix a few times. I'm not sure if he always puts Castix in his username, but at least a few times I've banned players with "Castix" somewhere in the name. I also banned every user who tried to use the dragonrider feature before it was officially released, and he claims to have done that so I'd assume he's one of the accounts I banned at that point too.

i guess we could ban his forum account as well, but I don't really want to do that. I don't really see the point -- he can just make a new forum account. I actually like having a line of communication with someone like him. Being rude and avoiding communication won't do anything to get him to stop. Even if we could somehow get him to stop building hacking apps, I'm sure someone else would take his place and do it.
            Last edited by CampusLifer; 09-12-2017, 08:07 AM.

Comment

• castix
              castix commented
              Editing a comment
              It hurts every time

I actually used the name castix only once and the account got suspended well over a year ago. I'm not registered here to show off cheats or exploits. Dragon Perch and Salvage Shop were exceptions because I was really excited and thought other players might want to know about it as well. I don't hold a grudge against CampusLifer or any other PG employee because when they ban me I know I did wrong and it's their job. In fact they have a game with lots of potential and I'm really attracted to it. Why would I waste 2 years of my life on a game I don't enjoy?

The problem is that the old cheat is universal and works on all versions.

Changing your class name for commonly used names like Dragon or DragonInfo would stop most of the cheats I think. I don't have the source code anymore but I'm pretty sure it's some obvious classes like Dragon[...] or Egg[...] Battle[...]

• ITIL
              ITIL commented
              Editing a comment
              MareZ When we did this with a forum I admined, we did an IP range ban and apparently banned all of Singapore on accident, lol. IPs are also easy to change, and some ISPs use dynamic IPs as well. It'd block the less competent script kiddies, though, I guess. XD

• laserlight
              laserlight commented
              Editing a comment
              MareZ, IP bans are not effective... That's why proxies and spoofing exist.

Darina: Apple does not allow a legal app-maker any way to stop a user from using the operating system's airplane mode feature. Even if Apple did provide such a hook, I really doesn't solve the problem because a person could use an iPad on wifi and just basically turn off their router.

if I understand what Castix is saying, it doesn't stop a player from having access to the iOS control center (where airplane mode button says). It just tricks your phone into believing it is being held 90-degrees to the left. So you can swipe from the left edge of the screen (which the device believes is the "bottom") and the control center will pop out from that edge of the screen like it were in portrait mode instead of landscape mode. When we did do this, it had the nice side effect that you didn't inadvertently open the control center by mistake when using the sorcerer attack.
            Last edited by CampusLifer; 09-12-2017, 07:57 AM.

Comment

• Jeff8682
              Jeff8682 commented
              Editing a comment
              It would be extremely interesting to see stats on how many people attempt to turn off their routers now during their next war run. Lol.

MareZ I've considered IP banning, but PGDave convinced me it was a bad idea. Especially for users on cell towers, there's too my valid reasons why legitimate players could be sharing an IP with someone who cheated. Also, if someone who knows how to hack the app they probably know how to spoof their IP so it's not really a silver bullet anyway

Comment

• elements1
              elements1 commented
              Editing a comment
              Don't apps have access to a devices IMEI number? Can you not just ban based on this, similar to how console users can be "console banned" can't you also just ban the device?

• Jeff8682
              Jeff8682 commented
              Editing a comment
              IMEI numbers can be spoofed too. Look at how much time and effort apple devotes to locking their devices from being jailbroken yet someone eventually always finds a way. It is virtually impossible to completely block hackers if they want to find a way to do something.

I agree banning IPs would be a complete waste of time. Between the issues of dynamic and shared IPS and the abundance of free or cheap VPN services that anyone without tech knowledge could still easily use, you would end up with more headaches than you solved.

Also, most residential internet providers refuse to issue static IPs. I have been trying to get one for years. Lol. You have to pay for a business account with most to get a static address.
            Last edited by Jeff8682; 09-12-2017, 09:03 AM.

Comment

• Jeff8682
              Jeff8682 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yep see above comment.

• SuperSax
              SuperSax commented
              Editing a comment
              I´m no one who knows coding.. but from my naive Point of view having a combination of several "unique" Information would at least help.
              Maybe it shouldn´t be IP ban (like CL stated) but a combination of UDID, MAC and something else?

I agree that everything could be camouflaged but it would for sure narrow things down?

Also - forgive me I am not in that "Scene" - but in other games I played it came down to the Point that there was an officiall Homepage where you could buy those hacks and cheats. I stopped playing the game since we reported it to the devs back then and they simply did not do ANYTHING! Rumor has it was even approved by devs since they were sharing Profit. So my question is: searching for hackers and cheaters in the code is one way of approaching this Problem. Finding those selling and distributing could be another way - is that being worked on?

• MareZ
              MareZ commented
              Editing a comment
              SuperSax CampusLifer said in post #12 "Even if we could somehow get him to stop building hacking apps, I'm sure someone else would take his place and do it." but as per post #17 they might find a way to make most of the cheats stop working anymore which would maybe gelp to fight the root of the problem... atleast until someone recodes the cheats.
          Working...
          X